#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

This is how I feel, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me because it's just my opinion.

Until Clay came out and told us he was gay, I never assumed he was gay. Now that he has told us, I know he is gay.

Until Clay comes out and tells us that a certain person is someone he is in a special relationship with, I won't really give that person any special regard. Sure I was curious to see what Reed looked like because he is being mentioned so much but beyond that, I don't have an interest in Reed.

For me, Clay's greatest moment of happiness was when he first talked about Parker. Wanting children is something he first mentioned shortly after Idol, IIRC. I consider Jaymes to be way more important than Reed because her well-being will impact on Parker's.

This is just my opinion and I respect everyone else's.

Unfortunately we ALL take our reputation with us wherever we go. I'm willing to give EVERYONE a chance and not keep a scorecard. Hell my memory is so shot, mostly I just don't remember with whom I have had disagreement or why.

Although I've been an admin for lo these many years I honestly don't know how to use the admin controls to collect information. However, the one thing I DO know that can be done (and this is general knowledge for any board you sign up) is that any email you send from this site can be read. So there is a level of trust that people need to have on any message board. For me that was a counterintuitive type of thing because whenever I wanted to talk shit about anybody in the past I'd email cuz I thought PMs could be read. :cryingwlaughter: I found that out quite by accident a while back on one of the 10 or so times I've even been in the admin area :cryingwlaughter: . I have no idea if this is a common thing on every invision board or what other boards have the capabilities to do. I don't think PMs can be but am not sure. I know there are other board owners out there so it would cool if you could enlighten folks on this issue if you know anything else.

Couchie, thanks for all that you and all the mods and admins do! Sending hugs to all y'all!!! (plural)

I need to point out, thought, that plain text e-mails are even more accessible to more people out there, not just in a controlled manner, so unless you're on a VPN or you're using a pretty strong encryption mechanism (4096-bit or higher, and that's not difficult to do) other people (not just those on your board, and not just the admins on your e-mail provider though they have an easier time of it) could potentially see read random e-mails.

On babies and traveling, I didn't let that stop me or limit my decisions automatically. Of course I didn't go traipsing about the country every 2 weeks with my girlfriends while the kids were growing up but when an opportunity arose I did not immediately say, "Oh no! I could never go there / do that because my kids are too little." I figure them into logistics and needs (eg. I wouldn't ask growing babies to change their brand of formula), but I believe that I enriched my children's experiences by taking them with me whenever possible on all my adventures.

On the tour with Mylene, wow, what a great opportunity!!! Stade de France brings back memories because DS was a huge soccer fan and wanted to see it. We were all the way on the other side of town but I made sure that we drove out of our way just to give him the opportunity. My kids knew that I cared about things that were important to them, and so years later I knew I could count on them to be excited for me on my "stuff".

Problem with all the speculation of course is that it's so...speculative. :lilredani:

--

Winter makes me tired and cranky.

Was January not the longest month in recorded history? :glare:

isn't it still january hee

I like speculating. It's fun.

I definitely understand Claytonic because I've never had much interest in ANY of clay's family or friends other than Quiana, Ang and Jerome and Hannah and even then 3 out of the 4 of them my interest has to do with THEIR own talents and nothing to do with Clay other than it's because of him that I know of them.

The interest in Reed is just par for the course and to be expected and it will be the same with every relationship he is in from now until enternity. I haven't seen anything of a personal nature --hell I didn't even know he sings? LOL. As long as people aren't saying Reed is on flight number so and so and left Clay's house at 4 am in a dark blue van license plate number edsa89a then don't see a problem. There have been events in the past where I've felt people crossed the line and lord knows I will say so if it happens with Reed, jaymes, parker, anyone. And everybody else can do that as well - the line just will be different for everyone. CG is already fed up with it..hee.

and with that my posthoing is over for the day. Going to work.

Scarlett thanks for that info. We probably need a security on the net and how to protect yourself class.

I think there's a huge difference between being very curious about what Reed is up to (because of his possible connection with Clay) and actual stalking. As couchie said, to me stalking is knowing flight numbers, car, car color, how much they paid for the ticket, etc. I also believe that stalking involves a true NEED to know -- and to me, that's different than being curious. Hell, I'll admit to being curious about all kinds of things in people's lives -- how much money they make, their sexuality, etc. (Judge me as you will about that statement...) But I NEVER, EVER, feel a NEED to know this kind of stuff. So, finding stuff on Reed's MySpace (which, BTW, he seems to use as a marketing tool for his career) isn't really a problem for me.

As far as the other topic in question -- shoot, I'm not a parent either. But I do realize that each and every situation is different. Some people, as soon as they have a child, almost never let the child out of their sight until they get to pre-school (and even then, there are tears -- usually from the parent. *g*) Other people pick up their kid at age 6 weeks and travel the globe. Some leave their kid with one parent., for whatever reason, and maybe permanently. It's a CHOICE in how to parent, and also in how to deal with their lives outside of being a parent. Certainly, everyone is going to feel differently on that.

ping number one,, but whatever. It's one of my pet peeves, the need to run in and correct every freaking article and protect poor little Clay. Clay isn't singled out for poor journalism; it's the norm. He was praised..kindly email the person a private correction and let it be over. But that's just too easy - let's make this tiny thing into something larger than it needs to be. How many time have one innocuous comment turned into someone with their own bully pulpit turning on the Claymates. And we wonder why we have the reputation that we do. But this is Clay Nation. Sorry to offend anyone but it's how I feel.

Big HUGE frigging WORD.

Have I mentioned that I just want to celebrate Clay???

Word to both of you.

I understand wanting to protect someone you care about, but after you see it turn into a ridiculous mess time after time, wouldn’t you LEARN?

Heh. I already had plans for Paris (and London and Amsterdam) in September. I’m back to the debating stage, though, because I have an urge to save money, what with the way people are losing jobs. He’s quite hot, that Reed. If I were in the area I would go see him perform, for sure, Clay or no.

Going to Reed's myspace?? That's kinda THE POINT of MySpace. If it's public, then he intends for it to be out there. It is a marketing tool, unless they make it private.

IF their relationship is a strong one, then I would expect Clay will fly over for a few days every few weeks, kinda like some fans flew to NYC to see the object of their affection every few weeks while he was in a show.

No biggie to Parker... he's more bonded to mom at this point anyway. Not that dad isn't important, but mom is IT to a baby (or whoever fills the mom role).

But, since I don't expect Clay to tell us or anyone else about his personal life, conjecture is all it is and it's just fun to imagine him in a relationship with a hawt sexy dancer man, who apparently can sing, too. :cryingwlaughter:

I left out something that was at the back of my mind, regarding Parker.

Every baby is precious, but you know, when someone goes to the lengths they did to have him, and then discover he had a serious medical condition (which was corrected), I think that they could be forgiven IF they are overly protective, that's not meant as a criticism, rather, it's a justification and it's just my speculation.

I don't think Jaymes thought she'd ever be a mother, given her age, and with Clay knowing he was gay, he probably thought he wouldn't be a parent either. I saw Jaymes quoted as "Parker means everything to us". I know people who have gone to great lengths to have children (including adoption) and their babies/kids are the centre of their universe. I also know people who lost their parents when they were still minors, and they ache for the time their parents didn't spend with them, e.g. they came home from school and the mother was still at work; or their parents had a busy adult social life, which excluded them. I think we all base our values on direct or indirect personal experiences, there probably isn't any right or wrong way because no one knows what's going to happen tomorrow, or next year, and what works for one family isn't necessarily appropriate for another. My personal view is that the child always has to come first, they are children for such a short time, and you can't buy back those early years once they are gone. I can't help thinking about John Travolta, at least he knows that his son always knew how much he was loved.

Again, just my humble opinion.

ETA:

No biggie to Parker... he's more bonded to mom at this point anyway.
Not that dad isn't important, but mom is IT to a baby (or whoever fills the mom role).

But, since I don't expect Clay to tell us or anyone else about his personal life, conjecture is all it is and it's just fun to imagine him in a relationship with a hawt sexy dancer man, who apparently can sing, too.
:cryingwlaughter:

Liney, apparently, Clay is a hands-on Dad! He really does a lot of the "crappy" work involved in tending to a young baby. Jaymes said that Clay was an exceptional carer, she didn't use the word "exceptional", that's my word because I can't remember hers, which was much better.

Another reason I am uncomfortable about Reed is because Clay has made it clear that his private life is his business. I honestly want Clay to find true love, but I want him to be able to not be gawked at. I find the interest in the love-life of celebrities totally over-the-top. I have never touched a gun, (yep never put my finger on one in my life) but if I were a celebrity and had those cameras in my face like the Britneys of this world, I would FIND a gun and aim at that camera lens! It's just beyond my comprehension!

I find myself really conflicted in regards to wanting to know about the private Clay.

I fell in love with this man and granted that was with his public image but part of me wants to know everything and thereby feel closer to him. Of course, that is a dream. It is a dream that I think may impel fans to pay, what to me, are huge sums of money for the privilege of having a meal with him.

Now I'm not about to cyber stalk Clay, his friends and family but if a fan site posts such information I read it. And I do read 2 other boards regularly. I envy those of you who have the self control to only read here. Perhaps by year 3 of my fandom I will be able to limit my time reading on boards to a reasonable hour a day.

I did find it interesting that some fans had an immediate impulse to suppose that Clay had met the love of his life in Reed. Perhaps Clay is at last, simply, at age 30, able to date and have fun with people to whom he is attracted.

Thanks for posting the information about Reed going on tour. It introduced me to Mylene, a singer I had not heard before. I read about her first in Wikipedia before watching a her video, Desenchantee, on YouTube. It is provocative, interesting and thought provoking

Farmer gained fame with songs featuring shocking yet poetic lyrics, and explicit music videos: "Maman a tort" was about the love of a young girl for her female hospital nurse. "Pourvu qu'elles soient douces" contains hints of sodomy; the video, set in the 18th century, featured a caning. "Libertine" is said to feature the first full frontal nudity appearance by a singer on a major music video. "Que mon cœur lâche" was about love with condoms in the age of AIDS; the video for the song features a scene in which God tells Jesus he won't send him to Earth again because the last time "it was a disaster."

Farmer is the most successful and provocative female French recording artist, the only artist to have each of her studio albums gaining platinum status in France. She is also popular in Belgium, Switzerland, Russia and parts of Eastern Europe.

I haven't read much here in the last couple of days but this was the next post on the page that popped up for me just now:

Although I've been an admin for lo these many years I honestly don't know how to use the admin controls to collect information. However, the one thing I DO know that can be done (and this is general knowledge for any board you sign up) is that any email you send from this site can be read. So there is a level of trust that people need to have on any message board. For me that was a counterintuitive type of thing because whenever I wanted to talk shit about anybody in the past I'd email cuz I thought PMs could be read. I found that out quite by accident a while back on one of the 10 or so times I've even been in the admin area . I have no idea if this is a common thing on every invision board or what other boards have the capabilities to do. I don't think PMs can be but am not sure. I know there are other board owners out there so it would cool if you could enlighten folks on this issue if you know anything else.

Admins being able to see members emails sent VIA the board is a new Invision feature (new, as in the last 6 months or so???). My old board was Invision. I too discovered it by accident. Sparky (AKA Clayphoria) and I were like AACKK!!!! Make it go away! I do NOT want to be able to see people's emails TYVM!!!

It can be changed because we got it changed. I forget HOW but we did. We told everybody to only use the Invision PM system on all invision boards and to NOT use the Invision "email" option because unless the board has gone for tech support to get that option changed, the Admins on any Invision board can see the emails that you send from that board. Invision is evil!!!

Yuku is safe. This is only an Invision issue.

OK, now why I'm here is because I found the Katy4clay Golf Clinic vid at CV. It doesn't appear to be up at CU. Not sure if somebody has posted a sendpace but in case not, I made one:

Description: 090126 GFI Golf Clinic katy4clay large

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pxpd0m

I don't have a clue what Clay, Reed, James, or Parker think about anything, as I'm not privy to their thoughts.

And, I have no thoughts on what is right or wrong for them to do as I think they can pretty much handle their own business.

I see that Reed will be performing for 2 months and then have July and August off and return in September--if this is the final tour shedule. SO, I'm hoping that Clay will decide to tour in May and June too--just in case this is a serious romance and he wants to spend July and August with Reed.

I'm good with that.

so are all the complete episode versions of Idol rewind in the vault? Just want to know if it's safe to erase all the episodes from my DVR. :cryingwlaughter:

Canfly, thanks for the info.

Couchie - looks like full episodes are in the vault, but not on ClackUnlimited.

so are all the complete episode versions of Idol rewind in the vault? Just want to know if it's safe to erase all the episodes from my DVR. :cryingwlaughter:

Where is this vault of which you speak?

I went looking for it on this site, found the media center and had to tear myself away from reading the reviews of the performances on AI2 Revisited.

After reading some of them I wonder.

Is it heresy for me to say that I think that Simon was correct in saying that Clay was not what he was looking for in a pop star?

He wasn't looking for a cute geeky boy with a great voice. He wanted a pop star to make him a whack of money, to fill huge arenas with screaming dancing fans, someone who can sing the music that sells millions of CDs, year after year.

I can't get over how fast these pages move sometimes.....ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!!!!!!! But I did want to say........................

Hey Claytonic :iagree: I totally agree with your posts....IMO, way too much interest in the private lives of others. They should be allowed to keep some things to themselves.

My only disagreement is the gun part......way too messy...maybe push them over a cliff. Then cleanup would be minimal. :whistling-1:

oh yeah... :loveclaysbutt:

Is it heresy for me to say that I think that Simon was correct in saying that Clay was not what he was looking for in a pop star?

He wasn't looking for a cute geeky boy with a great voice. He wanted a pop star to make him a whack of money, to fill huge arenas with screaming dancing fans, someone who can sing the music that sells millions of CDs, year after year.

Simon could have been right, but Ruben wasn't what they were looking for, either.

I'd like to know where the vault is too! I always thought it was CU, but I guess not?

As to all the other stuff... Yes, the amount of over-interest in Clay's life much, but... that's sort of the price of being famous. He's done a good job of keeping his private life as private as possible--which has probably led to some of the pettiness directed his way. You think you're entitled to a private life??? HERESY!!

Ennyway... I'm too lazy to try to remember everything else that was said... there were some good points made though, I can remember that. :lol:

ETA: Eh, why aren't we allowed to delete our pooosts?

Lotus I think what Simon really wants is a flash in the pan who can sell millions of CDs for a year or so because of the publicity. Then, Simon will just move on to the next one--get his money and run. That's pretty much the pattern.

ETA I think the vault refers to the Claverysity vault. If you''re a member, you can apply for membership and make a donation to access it. I think the yearly signup time is February as I just renewed.

E (againt)TA I think the Clackhouse may have a private vault as well.

Now I'm not about to cyber stalk Clay, his friends and family but if a fan site posts such information I read it. And I do read 2 other boards regularly. I envy those of you who have the self control to only read here. Perhaps by year 3 of my fandom I will be able to limit my time reading on boards to a reasonable hour a day.

I did find it interesting that some fans had an immediate impulse to suppose that Clay had met the love of his life in Reed. Perhaps Clay is at last, simply, at age 30, able to date and have fun with people to whom he is attracted.

Only one hour a day Lotus? Good luck with that one! :cryingwlaughter:

Your comment about Clays' dating life is food for thought. I think you might have something there. Maybe it really is like Clay has just started dating in a "grown-up" way. By "grown up" I mean out in the open for anyone to see, not like a secret crush. Of course I expect that he has dated and had previous relationships but the need for secrecy must have been stifling. So maybe he and Reed are really serious or maybe not. I know that I am glad not to be with any of my first few boyfriends!

Where is this vault of which you speak?

I went looking for it on this site, found the media center and had to tear myself away from reading the reviews of the performances on AI2 Revisited.

After reading some of them I wonder.

I don't think so because I believe the same thing...Clay never has had the typical pop star image or look and I think Simon was being completely honest...but I also believe at that time Clay was running away with the show and I think it was also meant to keep people from voting for him. Of course, many in the fandom believe that Simon saying Clay belonged on Broadway was a gay slam and a put down. I just never saw it that way...but then again...I always seem to have a minority opinion in the fandom.

Kim

I don't have a clue what Clay, Reed, James, or Parker think about anything, as I'm not privy to their thoughts.

And, I have no thoughts on what is right or wrong for them to do as I think they can pretty much handle their own business.

I see that Reed will be performing for 2 months and then have July and August off and return in September--if this is the final tour shedule. SO, I'm hoping that Clay will decide to tour in May and June too--just in case this is a serious romance and he wants to spend July and August with Reed.

I'm good with that.

I haven't read anything yet but tour in May and June is verra, verra bad for canfly. That's right when I'm doing Report Cards and it's always busy. I was really, really, really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a July and August tour.

I'd like to know where the vault is too! I always thought it was CU, but I guess not?

Sorry. CH has one. CV has one. You have to be a member and apply for access and there is usually a wait list for both (I'm assuming. I'm not a CH member. Asked once. Never got an answer. Decided I wasn't CH material anyhow, lol). If you joined CV for example, you're not going to get vault access right away but there is a clack thread where you can get the recent stuff but they don't keep everything there and like I said, you need to be a member. I never had to ask because I was on the old Gonzo site and all of us got automatic access at CV when they transferred vids there. Wish they'd kept the large wmvs. For many things, they only kept mpegs and small wmvs.

If there is something that CU doesn't have though that you want, you can always contact the admins there and ask for it.

Simon could have been right, but Ruben wasn't what they were looking for, either.

I agree with you Lotus but think it was more about marketing. They didn't know what on earth they'd do with Clay. He didn't seem to fit in with the music of the day for a pop star. I agree with him when it comes to top 40 but not with having a career in pop music in general.. With Ruben at least they "knew" where he fit. A category that had been around for 100 years.

Kim I never saw it as a gay slam...it's a perfectly understandable observation. He used that term with lots of other people and it pointed to style of music found on the stage.

The vault for me is the CH vault. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time back in 2003.

ETA: Clazy what post do you want to delete. You can edit. I think once things are archived you can't delete. Sorry.