#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

I'll add my vote for watching "The Rabbit-Proof Fence". It's a very good movie as well as a history lesson. There's also a fascinating commentary on the making of the movie and the history of the young actress who played the lead character. IIRC it was on the same DVD as the movie which I rented from Netflix.

ncgurrl...that's fascinating, thank you! I lived in Japan for 3 and a half years in the mid 1980's and was very, very interested to learn about that country's own cultural history, including their prejudices and injustices.

From ancient times, the Ainu in Japan are much like the USA's Native American culture in that they were displaced and then denigrated--cast off to a 'lesser' standard of living. In more modern times, the descendants of Korean ancestry---mostly people from unions made during Japan's colonization of Korea---are still discriminated against in some important ways. At least when I lived there I found out that not only did I have to carry an "Alien Registration Card" with me at all times as proper identification and permission to live and work in Japan, but even 2nd and 3rd generation Japanese citizens had to also---IF they descended from Korean ancestry! And in some extreme cases, that identification limited a person's opportunities at elite universities, some of the more desirable companies, etc., even membership at the very exclusive and expensive golf courses!

I was really shocked. There was more than one of my students who carried that 'alien' registration card, even though they spoke only Japanese, had never been to Korea and knew little to nothing more about Korea than any school-aged student would know from their history classes. To look at them, one would never think "alien" as they ''looked" Japanese. I, of course, didn't really need my alien card to identify myself as someone outside of the Japanese culture. But them?

It really opened my eyes and helped me view prejudice and cultural attitudes from a new perspective.

eyes claytonic's list...

The only one I like is Hugh...and since I'm only interested in hot Aussie guys for my prurient interests, I don't care about their priorities! We're good to go.

OMG! Stephen Colbert was HILARIOUS tonight! He had on Paul McCartney! Please, please, please let keepingfaith to have seen this! And Sir Paul agreed with me that his biggest hit of "She Loves Ya"! I think Colbert is the 5th Beatle now. And to me at least, Sir Paul looks like merrieeee. He sounds like her too. Freaky!

SCORE!!! Thanks KAndre, for bringing this to my attention. I LOVE PAUL McCARTNEY!!

He was my first love. The only person I've been a fool over until Clay!!

I went searching for it on the The Colbert Report - it is NOT on youtube!

But it IS on The Colbert Report's web site!

CLICK HERE TO SEE SIR PAUL AND STEVE COLBERT exclamationpoint.gif

All this talk about Australia really makes me want to go there. "Crocodile Dundee"** is one of my favorite movies! Recently saw "Australia" and that was really good too. (Speaking of Hugh Jackman!) Thanks to everyone for all the info. Off to read the Stolen Generation article now!!

**eta: not that it has anything to do with what we are discussing, but it makes one subtly aware of the prejudices of whites vs. aboriginals.

Caro... thanks for the sendit! I am listening right now.

liney23' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:18 AM' post='99714'

Caro listen.gif

Caro... where did you get that song on the little black box... When I Need You. I have never heard it before and thought I had heard every song Clay has ever sung. Can I download it somewhere? I LOVE it! I enjoyed your blog a bunch! Thanks for sharing!

liney, it was on one of the many different versions of the OMWH CDs. My memory fails me as to wheter it was on itunes, or WalMart or whatever but hopefully someone will get the answer to you.

Actually, it was on the K-Mart extra of ATDW, and as someone has already pointed out, the QVC version of OMWH.

That was If You Don't Know Me By Now. :)

I'm loving all the talk of Australia, its history & culture. Something to investigate.

I never opened the extra thingy from QVC, so didn't even know I had it. Geez! Thanks!

I'm glad that they are realizing the Ayers Rock is sacred. I'd be happy just to touch the rock any ole place. Used to be you could touch Stonehenge. They they decided all the tourists were doing damage, so they stopped letting them in. However, when we went in 2003, our guide had a long-term relationship with the people there and we were let in an hour before the general public and were able to go in and touch and do a meditation inside the stones. How powerful that was! I feel so fortunate.

McCartney was sort of cute back in the day!

Hee so was I :cryingwlaughter:

From CV:

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

This just makes me so proud. I can imagine how proud Clay must be!! The info has been verified with the BAF & is correct per the author. It's the first article on the page. "Together We Can Make A Difference".

OK... Has anybody else seen someplace where this statement: "Clay Aiken, 29, took a decidedly non-traditional route to daddyhood, having a child with BFF Jaymes Foster. He’s loving it so much that, yes, it’s confirmed that Foster, 50, is pregnant again with his baby, due August 2009." is, in fact, confirmed? I just saw it in an article about Molly Ringwald being pregnant and I'm not apt to trust it until the Clay Nation is debating it... :lol: The link to the site with that bit is http://9months.com/molly-ringwald-pregnant/

OK... Has anybody else seen someplace where this statement: "Clay Aiken, 29, took a decidedly non-traditional route to daddyhood, having a child with BFF Jaymes Foster. He’s loving it so much that, yes, it’s confirmed that Foster, 50, is pregnant again with his baby, due August 2009." is, in fact, confirmed? I just saw it in an article about Molly Ringwald being pregnant and I'm not apt to trust it until the Clay Nation is debating it... :lol: The link to the site with that bit is http://9months.com/molly-ringwald-pregnant/

don't know if it confirmed but I hope it is true

cool Clay gets to be a year younger :)

Maybe that's when Clay's next blog will be August to announce the baby's arrival

Well.....I will say that if indeed a second pregnancy IS true, I hope Clay will choose to just say so instead of waiting until the baby's birth. Gawd, the last IIT/IINT months before Parker just about killed me! :cryingwlaughter:

Sorry, if TMZ hasn't reported it yet, it can't be true.

*g*

And isn't Jaymes' birthday in March? Last year it was her birthday party where she told the "insiders" like Eric Roberts. Has Eric Roberts confirmed this yet??

:hahaha:

The State of Illinois has removed it's Governor from office...here's to new Governor Quinn! Time to celebrate ldyj!

Congrats to the BAF...I am so thrilled for Clay and Diane and all they have accomplished in the past 6 years.

The rumor about Jaymes being pregnant has been around for a while...definately telephone tag and I kind of doubt it is true.

Kim

*g*

*g*

And isn't Jaymes' birthday in March? Last year it was her birthday party where she told the "insiders" like Eric Roberts. Has Eric Roberts confirmed this yet??

:hahaha:

Oh, annabear....Eric is sooooo yesterday! :lipstick: I'm sure a different friend of Jaymes' will be our definitive source for the next baby. :rolleyes:

bwah I actually look back fondly at IIU IIT period in this carnival ride.

but honestly I will need this notarized from Clay himself before I even start beginning every post with IIT IIU

I think IIU, IIT (sorry couchie!) or maybe WIT (when it's true) this time around will be different. So much has changed with Clay's coming out. I don't ever expect a press release about it, but I don't really expect the big mystery either. I do love the idea of Clay having a little girl though. *ICG*

I think this the telephone game run amuck.

thats what I think...if its true, well...good for him, but Im not going to believe it until Clay says its true..I know things have turned out to be true and clay didnt talk about them tell later, but its just easier for me if I dont speculate and I wait for Clay..there was a reason he "made" us wait last time, he didnt want to tempt fate, I can respect that..if the same thing happens this time Ill respect that to.

I believe the rumor started when we first learned about Parker, in touch or something said they had planned ot try for the next one, I think its just that they took that information and ran with it, as of now i dont believe its true.

I believe the rumor started when we first learned about Parker, in touch or something said they had planned ot try for the next one, I think its just that they took that information and ran with it, as of now i dont believe its true.

yep..the rumor has been out there since the first story hit. That Clay would have another baby in 2009. I think it is slowly evolving over time. If he does have another, more power to him.

I'm sure my sister will want the govenator kicked out of office. She works for the state and so is now on a forced furlough 2 days a month. For some reason I still think Ill Gov will get off scott free on the criminal complaint. He's slick.

I got the impression that because of the risk due to Jaymes age, they really postponed talking about it. Since the risk would be even greater this time, should it be true, I doubt Clay would talk about it again. And I really wouldn't blame him for that. Maybe he's superstitious.

With my first son I didn't want to talk about it because I was nauseous all the time and had other unpleasant side effects. :whistling-1:

Has there ever been any talk about whether they're using Jaymes' eggs? I know that seems kind of invasive to ask about, but I was just thinking about all the possible risks and stuff and it made me wonder...

Anyway, I don't know what the telephone game is, but I agree in the general sense that until either Clay confirms it or there's a new Aiken baby, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. But I immediately did the big AWs when I considered the possibility. I also went like OOH! "We (Clay and the Clay Nation, of course)" having a new baby! :hahaha:

ETA: On a sort of but not really related note, has anyone else started to think of someone as physically less pretty because of their personality? I have this "friend" who is extremely homophobic (and enjoys reminding me of this fact) and when I first met her and didn't really know her that well, I thought she was pretty, but I kind of don't anymore... It almost makes me feel bad--like I'm sort of being petty. :unsure:

ETA: On a sort of but not really related note, has anyone else started to think of someone as physically less pretty because of their personality? I have this "friend" who is extremely homophobic (and enjoys reminding me of this fact) and when I first met her and didn't really know her that well, I thought she was pretty, but I kind of don't anymore... It almost makes me feel bad--like I'm sort of being petty

yes...and the other way around...my best friend in high school was the geekiest guy you'd ever meet, and when I first met him, I had my eyes on his brother and I didnt think that he was good looking, but halfway through the year, we became very close and he became so handsome to me..because he was so kind, and his heart made him so good looking..

suffice to say, we arent friends anymore, and he physically has become more attractive lol go figure.

I really don't have much content except to say once again what a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.

I think the songlist was perfect for that venue and although I'm not really a "sunny 99.1 / mellow touch" radio kind of girl for the most part, I could listen to those songs (and more like them) from Clay forever.

I will get to work this weekend to try and recreate the moment for everyone else either through a more thorough recap or other stuff, but meanwhile I'm still deep in the fog and have no wish to emerge.

*long sigh!*

ETA: On a sort of but not really related note, has anyone else started to think of someone as physically less pretty because of their personality? I have this "friend" who is extremely homophobic (and enjoys reminding me of this fact) and when I first met her and didn't really know her that well, I thought she was pretty, but I kind of don't anymore... It almost makes me feel bad--like I'm sort of being petty

yes...and the other way around...my best friend in high school was the geekiest guy you'd ever meet, and when I first met him, I had my eyes on his brother and I didnt think that he was good looking, but halfway through the year, we became very close and he became so handsome to me..because he was so kind, and his heart made him so good looking..

suffice to say, we arent friends anymore, and he physically has become more attractive lol go figure.

Yep!! Pretty is as pretty does!!! Beauty is only skin deep!!! It's what's on the inside that counts! Although those are all such cliches, you get the idea.

Hee Scarlett I don't want to stop thinking about that night either! Hee you had a front row seat. I won a poker game and Perusingone won a TV! It was a perfect evening. Great food, great company and to have him sing those songs...just icing on the cake.

I really don't have much content except to say that once again what a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.

I think the songlist was perfect for that venue and although I'm not really a "sunny 99.1 / mellow touch" radio kind of girl for the most part, I could listen to those songs (and more like them) from Clay forever.

I will get to work this weekend to try and recreate the moment for everyone else either through a more thorough recap or other stuff, but meanwhile I'm still deep in the fog and have no wish to emerge.

*long sigh!*

Scarlett I sent a pm and pic of us in NYC.