#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Perhaps Clay will be inspired by Reed and offer up some shirtless pictures... :please:

Huh-what? :o I wasn't doing anything!

There is another picture of Reed that no one has brought over and well....the guy has a verra nice body!!!!

Yeah so I went to his public MySpace and looked....whatcha gonna do about it *g*

I guess they must be a photographers artistic vision.

Bwah...this one was interesting.

extrahand.jpg

Hey, how'd that get in there?

0lsee... BWAH!!! :hahaha:

BWAH!, 00lsee! I just showed that pic of Reed to my co-worker buddy. He's the HAWT gay man who's been with his partner (another HAWT gay man) for 17 years....and I said, "So....does this appeal to you at all?"

He looked and said, "Oh, is that Clay's boyfriend?"

"Yep"

He looked, nodded and smiled. Then he said, "He's definitely cut"

:huh:

I said, "OMG...are his pants that tight? You can tell?"

He looked at me a second or two, perplexed, and then started guffawing! "I'm talking about his BODY, for God's sake!"

:blush:

I---chagrined---said, "Oh...right. Yeah. :cryingwlaughter:

muski.... Opps! How red in the face were you??? Inquiring minds want to know! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

muski.... Opps! How red in the face were you??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Heh...well, he and I are great friends (and if he were batting for my team, I'd be all over that sweet stuff, lemme tell ya! :hubbahubba: --jk of course...I'm married and whatnot...)...so we had a good laugh over it. He just shook his head and said, "Y'all are passing pictures of Clay's man around." (talking about me and my Clay friends) I said, "Sure are....it helps, you know, when I do my fantasizing...helps with the imagery."

He gave me a sly look (be still my heart---he really is super HAWT and we flirt shamelessly all the time :tasty: ---the tease.... )...and raised his eyebrows like he was waiting for me to say something. I've told him about my erotic romance writing, so I knew what he was thinking.

So I said, "No...I haven't delved into that realm of literary expression, yet, dear....but I'm thinking about it."

Then we had another good laugh. :hahaha:

Bwah! Scarlett won a Shell Houston Open shirt!!!! I would have given her one!

If you'll give me both a shirt and a hat since that was the package I won, TBAF won't have to ship mine to me and they can use the ones they have to raise even more money. What do you think?

Some our suspicious because the people that are involved with this are from multiple boards and one of the boards involved is not well thought of by some in the fandom.

I haven't looked at it too closely, but it looks okay to me.

Kim

I have subscribed to the CANN and get an email alert when something new is added. Have read everything on it and am very impressed. It's about time good, factual information got put out there by fans who care and are willing to take the time to do it. I'm sure it's a lot of work for them. There is a recent article from CANN that was also posted on the OFC. It's called "Together We Make a Difference" and tells some of the work that is being done by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation that you may not be aware of. Very impressive.

Have to say that it really p*sses me off to read that some are actually being warned to stay away from it. I am the kind of person who would just wonder what would ever motivate someone to say that. If you read it, you will see that there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that it's a good site. There are boards out there that will not let anyone even mention it. Something is rotten in Denmark and I am not sure what it is since I also do not have all of the "backstory" information.

If you'll give me both a shirt and a hat since that was the package I won, TBAF won't have to ship mine to me and they can use the ones they have to raise even more money. What do you think?

OK you got a deal!

OK you got a deal!

Thanks bunches!!! :thankyou:

Just testing my new avatar...

But I need to find the video that these came from. Back to that CB thread to find the info....

OK, just found it...Katy4Clay filmed some of the golf clinic, video should be in the vaults soon! I hear goldarngirl has something to do with this too....

Aww, he's even adorable when he sneezes.

I hate when people tell me to stay away from anything since if there is any interest for me at all, it will just push me to check it out. That's how I got hooked on Harry Potter books, because some people were freaking out about them. It doesn't work though if I have no interest, or am motivated to stay away from something. For instance, PH's site or one's like that, I am never going to be interested in going there. If it's worthwhile, it will eventually be brought to the Clay boards and if it's trash, I don't want to know about it. As for the CANN, I like it so far so have no idea why there is such a fuss about it. Like Couchie said, if they aren't posting those agenda filled blogs, I'm good with it.

I think the fan police are often worse than the offenders.

CANN seems great to me--no proselytizing that I can see.

I was just looking on EBay

and someone is selling Radio promo CD for OMWH

then Bridge Over Trouble Waters was stuck on my computer. I heard Clay sing it about six times before I could shut it off. I thought it was going to be stuck on my computer forever.

At least it was a song I liked.

That was such a great moment of idol history :)

Whoever's behind the

claynewsnetwork.com

site truly ought to be congratulated.
:clap:
:clap:

Some are suspicious...but, I could be naive...but I agree! I think it's great, and will appreciate it when I'm travelling and can't access the boards.

I may eat my words later :cryingwlaughter: but sometimes I think we've gotten TOO wary.

OK, I love the site BUT reading this....

Wildcard Performance Praised

Tonight marks the eighth season premiere of the very popular talent show, American Idol. Of course, the publicity machine is in full throttle. Jarrett Wieselman from the New York Post, published an article today titled The 10 Best Idol Performances.

Jarett has never been a fan of Clay Aiken, but in this list, he rated Clay’s Wildcard performance as the 4th best performance of the seven years.
Clay sang Open Arms, a song made popular by the group Journey.

Claiming Clay to be an unlikely heart throb, Wieselman says that the public embraced Clay and kept voting and voting for him.

Clay has gone on to be the most popular runner-up and has moved his successful career away from his American Idol experience.

Are you going to watch American Idol tonight?? Personally, I have also moved on and I will not be watching

His wildcard performance was Elton John's DLTSGDOM. Hm, interesting, especially since the site also says this:

Check The Facts

Wouldn’t you think that if you wrote for a paper and your job was to report the news, you would try and get all the facts correct? Unfortunately, news sources today seem to go for speed and don’t take the time to be accurate.

Take, for instance, the article published by the Miami Herald this morning. Madeleine Marr wrote a short article on Golfing For Inclusion. Her attitude towards the event and Clay Aiken was positive. She had quotes and it was obvious that she had heard Clay in an interview. Great!!

But,
as soon as she had to do research, she gets it wrong
. She must have found the information on last year’s event because the song list was a year old. So, instead of getting Kudos for a nice article, she gets a Slam for not taking the time to get it right.

Does it matter?? Well, this is not a real important mistake, but the next time I read an article by Madeleine, I will be wondering if it is correct.

ping number one,, but whatever. It's one of my pet peeves, the need to run in and correct every freaking article and protect poor little Clay. Clay isn't singled out for poor journalism; it's the norm. He was praised..kindly email the person a private correction and let it be over. But that's just too easy - let's make this tiny thing into something larger than it needs to be. How many time have one innocuous comment turned into someone with their own bully pulpit turning on the Claymates. And we wonder why we have the reputation that we do. But this is Clay Nation. Sorry to offend anyone but it's how I feel.

I just wish Clay were the focus of this fandom and not the people out to "do him in."

ping number one,, but whatever. It's one of my pet peeves, the need to run in and correct every freaking article and protect poor little Clay. Clay isn't singled out for poor journalism; it's the norm. He was praised..kindly email the person a private correction and let it be over. But that's just too easy - let's make this tiny thing into something larger than it needs to be. How many time have one innocuous comment turned into someone with their own bully pulpit turning on the Claymates. And we wonder why we have the reputation that we do. But this is Clay Nation. Sorry to offend anyone but it's how I feel.

Big HUGE frigging WORD.

Have I mentioned that I just want to celebrate Clay???

Big HUGE frigging WORD.

Have I mentioned that I just want to celebrate Clay???

I guess I just haven't been part of the fandom for long enough to know there's been a furore over Clay inaccuracies. I am a member of less than 5 clay boards but I very, very rarely go to them to read since anything worthwhile is brought over here. (THANK YOU to the members here who do that for the rest of us). I can't remember ever posting at another Clay board. If I did, it wouldn't have been more than once or twice. Therefore, am totally ignorant about stuff that has happened over 5 or 6 years.

I am not really about protecting Clay as far as his work goes, his accomplishments speak for themselves and I can't complain about any of his songs because I only care that it's his voice singing. The only time I feel protective is when he is attacked in a personal way, like the recent trash I read in a blog over the Reed relationship. I won't be doing that again. I do think it is human nature to be protective about the people or issues we feel passionate about. I hope I never become indifferent to important issues and I am grateful to the people who inspired me and instilled the values I hold today.

I must admit I like accuracy in a general sense. I hate being given the wrong information about anything because while it's not important when it's to do with trivia, I have made some important decisions based on inaccurate information provided, with dire consequences. Before the internet, it used to be a big deal to see something in the print media (excluding tabloids and related magazines, etc) that was obviously inaccurate. The internet, where every other person seems to be a pseudo journalist, everything is questionable.

Some new pics from Reed's MySpace. No, I didn't go there to get them; they're being passed around on the boards. :)

He's a cutie!!

l_425c82defa774c1499b6909d1b1ebd69.jpg

l_913a23aab822446eb66a5278388f65e8.jpg

Slurp. He is quite the dish! Perhaps the first time I've ever been jealous from both sides of the equation!

There is another picture of Reed that no one has brought over and well....the guy has a verra nice body!!!!

Yeah so I went to his public MySpace and looked....whatcha gonna do about it *g*

I guess they must be a photographers artistic vision.

Bwah...this one was interesting.

extrahand.jpg

Hey, how'd that get in there?

00lsee :hahaha: that is priceless!

Speaking of artistic vision tho...

post-14896-1233282889_thumb.jpg

Does this not look like the male version of Shania Twain's 'Man, I Feel Like a Woman' video (which was a female version of Robert Palmer's 'Addicted to Love' video) ?? Except Shania had on a man's white shirt in this part. :naughtywag:

I think that deserves muski's new emotie :huh-bwah: (spelled as requested)

claytonic, it won't be long before you see people writing to any columnist who calls Clay "elfin" or ""diminutive". Who says they don't like his voice or personality. But some people are just writers and some people are complainers. Some times it was called for and others it was not. Some haters have bragged about writing in the name of Clay fans. I just avoid all comments, most of the time.

The one time I felt compelled to write to our local tv news was when they made untrue remarks of the BAF which had been corrected if they had bothered to do a little real research. The remarks, if they had been true, could have led to an investigation. Fortunately the real facts were readily available but the "news" station (FOX) either chose to overlook them or did no actual "research". They never responded or, as far as I know, ever made a correction.

Good Morning Everyone,

36 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

48 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim