#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Canfly

what can I say when I see you

I see someone with extreme talent :)

:lilredani:

Behind the camera maybe. I don't know how to do much with it after that.

I just leave the photoshopping and montaging to others, lol.

*waves to Cindilu2 and GDG*

I wasn't on the boards then, but I heard that it was from one of those Yahoo videos. Someone was able to cap the audio but they didn't know how to cap the video at the time.

Well, that sux. It would explain why Justclay had heard there was vid.

Hey, CF, didn't know you were into the biting thing, but I'm game. And not to give you an even bigger head but when you posted this:

I know how to take clack. I know how to cap clack.

I know how to crop the tail-end off of a vid if I let the tape run too long and it goes past the end of the song.

I know how to upload to sendspace.

I know how to screencap. I know how to save and crop pix in Paint.

I know how to right click and save as. I know how to upload pix to PB.

The extent of my knowledge is right click and save as. And as you can see, I still haven't bothered to figure out how to quote parts of posts. Also, still waiting for you to teach me about PB.

Thank you guys for helping me with that clip. I'd forgotten all the stuff he'd talked about it that interview. And it was so funny when he was talking about not caring about fashion or hair and just doing what's comfortable or that he likes, and his mom getting mad at him for how he'd come to church. Now he's got thousands of fans who get upset with him for some clothing or hair style that he's had. And he probably still doesn't care.

If it was a Yahoo thing, wouldn't that be something that could still be traced somehow? It would be cute to see.

Hey, CF, didn't know you were into the biting thing, but I'm game. And not to give you an even bigger head but when you posted this:

I know how to take clack. I know how to cap clack.

I know how to crop the tail-end off of a vid if I let the tape run too long and it goes past the end of the song.

I know how to upload to sendspace.

I know how to screencap. I know how to save and crop pix in Paint.

I know how to right click and save as. I know how to upload pix to PB.

The extent of my knowledge is right click and save as. And as you can see, I still haven't bothered to figure out how to quote parts of posts. Also, still waiting for you to teach me about PB.

Workin' on the PB thing at NNHB....now quoting here is the same as quoting at CV but totally different on Yuku boards or even regular invision boards.

Both here and CV, you can quote multiple posts on the same page.

To quote multiple posts:

Click on the "quote" button beside each one that you want to comment on. Each quote button will turn red as you do that and change from + to -.

Then at the bottom, click reply and then you'll see all of the stuff that you wanted to quote in your reply window.

Click after each thing quoted and type what you wanna say.

Note: You can delete stuff out of what you've quoted like what I did with this post of yours that I've quoted if you only want to comment on part of it.

To quote a single post:

Click reply under that particular post and you'll see what they typed in your reply window.

Click under that and start typing.

To quote part of a post:

If you only want to comment on a sentence or two out of somebody's post, then highlight and copy what you want to comment on.

Click reply at the bottom of the page.

Then paste what you copied into your reply window.

Highlight it in your reply window.

Click the quote button in the toolbar (looks like a quote bubble)

Type whatcha wanna say.

Whew.

canfly172.... I must say, I had very different thoughts when I saw those pictures. :sleezy:

09_0126_GolfingForInclusion79-1-1.jpg?t=

I am a bit confused.

Just now, when I was searching for new Clay uploads on YouTube, I stumbled across this

Clay Aiken - Best of the NACT Banter 2006

http://au.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EE86D17B13CAE392

NACT = Not a Christmas Tour ... right?

I checked the Tour list on the glossary, and have listed for :

2006: JNT06 - Christmas Symphony Tour 06

Were there two tours that year? That would make sense since 2006 is the only year with only one tour (excluding 2008).

Could someone please check this list and tell me if it is correct?

Tours (glossary extension)

Clay Aiken Tours

2004: IT - Independent Tour 2004

2004: NAT - Not a Tour Tour or 2004 solo summer tour

2004: JNT04 - Joyful Noise Tour 04

2005: JBT - Juke Box Tour 05

2005: JNT05 - Joyful Noise Tour 05

2007: DCAT/SRHPT - Doing Clay Aiken Tour/Soft Rock Hard Place tour or summer symphony tour 07

2007: CITH07 - Christmas in the Heartland 07

claytonic, your list is correct. The 2006 Christmas tour became the "not a Christmas tour" because it started out as Clay filling in for some artists who canceled out of performing at certain venues, and then it bloomed from there.

claytonic
, your list is correct. The 2006 Christmas tour became the "not a Christmas tour" because it started out as Clay filling in for some artists who canceled out of performing at certain venues, and then it bloomed from there.

So.. 2006 should read:

2006: NACT = Not a Christmas Tour 06

Is that correct? My list does not currently have the NaCT 06 listed.

Hee, yeah, certain tours have more than one name. Some of us called the 2004 summer tour the "Not A Tour" while others call it the "Solo Tour". The 2006 Christmas Symphony tour is fondly called the "Not A Christmas Tour" sometimes. And the 2007 summer tour (based on the release of ATDW) is called the Soft Rock Hard Place (SRHP) tour on most boards, but here at FCA many of us affectionately call it the Doing Clay Aiken tour (DCAT). :lilredani:

ETA: No, there was only one Christmas tour in 2006. It just has multiple names.

Hee, yeah, certain tours have more than one name. Some of us called the 2004 summer tour the "Not A Tour" while others call it the "Solo Tour". The 2006 Christmas Symphony tour is fondly called the "Not A Christmas Tour" sometimes. And the 2007 summer tour (based on the release of ATDW) is called the Soft Rock Hard Place (SRHP) tour on most boards, but here at FCA many of us affectionately call it the Doing Clay Aiken tour (DCAT).
:lilredani:

ETA: No, there was only one Christmas tour in 2006. It just has multiple names.

OH!! So is the list correct when it shows more than one tour in other years?

The NUMBER of tours in the glossary is correct.

3 in 2004 (Spring with Kelly, Summer, Christmas)

2 in 2005 (Summer, Christmas)

1 in 2006 (Naptime, Christmas)

2 in 2007 (Summer, Christmas)

0 in 2008 (Spamalot, Spamalot)

I had NOT idea what DCAT meant when I was at Luckiest1's place and saw her vids on CD.

I don't use EITHER of these terms:

2006: NACT = Not a Christmas Tour 06

The 2006 Christmas Symphony tour is fondly called the "Not A Christmas Tour" sometimes.

It's neither of those for me. It's always been NAJNT to me. :shrug:

NAJNT made more sense at the time than NACT because the Christmas Tours up to that point were called JNT (Joyful News Tour) and JNT2 (Joyful News Tour 2), therefore because Clay said it wasn't a tour. It was "spot dates", it was Not A Joyful News Tour or NAJNT.

Here are my personal labels to the right of the Glossary terms. I bolded my terms.

Tours (glossary extension)

Clay Aiken Tours

2004: IT - Independent Tour 2004 IT

2004: NAT - Not a Tour Tour or 2004 solo summer tour NAT

2004: JNT04 - Joyful Noise Tour 04 JNT

2005: JBT - Juke Box Tour 05 JBT

2005: JNT05 - Joyful Noise Tour 05 JNT2

2006: JNT06 - Christmas Symphony Tour 06 NAJNT

2007: DCAT/SRHPT - Doing Clay Aiken Tour/Soft Rock Hard Place tour or summer symphony tour 07 SRAAHPT

2007: CITH07 - Christmas in the Heartland 07 CITH

Good Morning Everyone:

Jamar Just to let you know, January is officially over! :yahoo:

35 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

47 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Nothing to say but good morning! I hope the weather's improving everywhere.

I miss him.

:nature-smiley-014:

Oh and

:loveclaysbutt:

ETA: Is it silly to wish for an announcement of the next event when you haven't rendered clips from the last one?

Still holding my breath for more Scarlett. The fix to my computer didn't work last night. I'll have to wait for the west coast to wake up so I can consult with my computer expert. I'll be a down loading fool after it's fixed. Fortunately it's just a software problem.

Yes, the list is correct. We have been so lucky to have so many tours.

That's QUITE enough of that happy crap, Missie!

(Happily peruses FCA)

I'll be off in a corner, setting up a complicated spreadsheet with formulas and percentages, so I can determine whether I am still a fan.

I had no idea being a fan was so, um, formulaic.

Lessee, # of blogs / # of words in blogs

oops, other way round?

multiply by offerings of personal life

...... this is more complicated than I had thought!

add bonus points for blogging when I personally would have been just gazing at my baby

subtract 2/3 of those points for keeping personal life personal

subtract # of career plans revealed that are not on MY list

divide by # of cover songs rumoured to be on next CD

multiply by number of cover songs I personally like

add 10 points because I did not like Tears Run Dry

factor in # of views/fans/blogs by other artists who I don't really care about, but whatever

add # of tours near meeeeee

(this is too difficult, I just love to hear Clay sing.....)

Damn, I need Quickbooks or something!

I won't know until later tonight if I am happy or still a fan or what!!!!

Yes, this post brought to you by sarcasm'r'us, just keep on reading, I needed to vent a wee bit...then I will be googling around to see what the fuck Lucinda Williams is doing. I buy all her CDs and I love her and she never writes, she never calls.....sniff.

No need for rebuttals or whatever, I know everyone is different and fandom means different things to everyone. Truly I do. But some days the happy part of being a fan just gets suuuucked out the window (fear of flying joke) when I read fan boards. So I get a bit bitchy and then I feels MUCH better!

Happy Sunday!

Thanx for all the fish!!!!

Ooops, end-of-the-universe-as-we-know-it joke, sorry!

Thanks for all the pix!!!!!!!

Picture of Reed and Clay with the cast of Barnum in Florida...Brad Oscar Bedevere in Spamalot is on the left in red shirt:

Kim

I just love to hear Clay sing.....

That's the only part that made sense to me.....

If you need inspiration, go here

An 87 year old woman doing the Salsa

TO GET A FULL SCREEN: Click on the little square, bottom right of the video.

The 2nd half is better than the first, and the last quarter is best of all.

ETA:

"cut" can mean circumcised, or it can mean that muscles anywhere on the body are quite sharply defined, usually a term used by bodybuilders. Reed's muscles in, say, his chestal area, look quite "cut" or defined.

AHHHHH, I am not familiar with bodybuilding terms!! But the first explanation reminds me of a question someone at work once asked me: "What do you call that useless piece of skin at the end of a penis?"

Ah
claytonic
.......you work at a very interesting place!

I said "what?"

Answer:

A man

Later on, I went and asked the same question to a gay guy in the office, and he immediately replied:

A woman

Yes, the list is correct. We have been so lucky to have so many tours.

That's QUITE enough of that happy crap, Missie!

(Happily peruses FCA)

I'll be off in a corner, setting up a complicated spreadsheet with formulas and percentages, so I can determine whether I am still a fan.

I had no idea being a fan was so, um, formulaic.

Lessee, # of blogs / # of words in blogs

oops, other way round?

multiply by offerings of personal life

...... this is more complicated than I had thought!

add bonus points for blogging when I personally would have been just gazing at my baby

subtract 2/3 of those points for keeping personal life personal

subtract # of career plans revealed that are not on MY list

divide by # of cover songs rumoured to be on next CD

multiply by number of cover songs I personally like

add 10 points because I did not like Tears Run Dry

factor in # of views/fans/blogs by other artists who I don't really care about, but whatever

add # of tours near meeeeee

(this is too difficult, I just love to hear Clay sing.....)

Damn, I need Quickbooks or something!

I won't know until later tonight if I am happy or still a fan or what!!!!

Yes, this post brought to you by sarcasm'r'us, just keep on reading, I needed to vent a wee bit...then I will be googling around to see what the fuck Lucinda Williams is doing. I buy all her CDs and I love her and she never writes, she never calls.....sniff.

No need for rebuttals or whatever, I know everyone is different and fandom means different things to everyone. Truly I do. But some days the happy part of being a fan just gets suuuucked out the window (fear of flying joke) when I read fan boards. So I get a bit bitchy and then I feels MUCH better!

Happy Sunday!

Thanx for all the fish!!!!

Ooops, end-of-the-universe-as-we-know-it joke, sorry!

Thanks for all the pix!!!!!!!

BWAH that is primo snark. Don't know what brought it on but damn :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Picture of Reed and Clay with the cast of Barnum in Florida...Brad Oscar Bedevere in Spamalot is on the left in red shirt:

Kim

I'll take your word that Reed is there cuz I don't see him but...Yes! :hysterical: Guess they haven't broken up yet. :hysterical: