#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

There is actually a poll at the OFC in the blog thread to see how many fans are renewing...so far the yes votes are leading at 48%. I don't know how many people have actually voted.

Kim

I'm renewing but not voting in any stinkin poll. This is my protest against the not joining protesters. I'm sure they want it to go a certain way so :drama: I'm giving it to them as a gift. :cryingwlaughter:

I guess I'd better clean a little as a friend is coming over to watch the game with my husband and partake of a little wine. I'll be on my laptop and pretend I'm enjoying the game.

What's delicious is, the people who are leading the 'don't renew' cheers on the message board there won't get to revel in their victory. Unless they, you know, renew. Heh.

Oh Ron...wherefore art thou?

It's kind of like the people who chase down any internet stories on him so they can say how much they don't care.

I really do understand that the fan club has not lived up to its promises and while I know the message board is not everyone's cup of tea...I don't see it as any different than any other board.

There are some good people there and some good discussions and there are some trolls and pot stirrers...you just have to learn to scroll and ignore.

I am renewing because I am a fan of Clay's and it is one way I can support him and I could not imagine seeing the words "he blogged" and not be able to go over there...that and the small chance at winning a meet and greet. I don't really need the other perks because clack is so plentiful at other sites in the fandom. And I really do think it is important that all fans; whether they like the message board or not, go over and voice their opinion. As far as we know, it is the only board Clay reads and I think he needs to hear all opinions.

Just my couple of cents,

Kim

If re-upping at the OFC is causing so much angst about value for money, then the answer is simple....don't renew and don't ask me for a copy of any blog!

Besides the less that renew the better my chances are for a M&G.

The minute I found out about the club I went right over and signed. Took no notice of what was offered...I wanted to be an Official Clay Aiken Fan!!!! When renewal time shows up I will do exactly the same......don't care what is offered, doubt if I will even read about it. I just want to show him I am still here and still a FAN!

Yay merrieeee...............I'm with you on this one. :cocktail:

I will definetely sign up again.....I'm a die hard fan and that's my way of showing it. The perks have never mattered to me and I'm amazed at how fast I can get there when Clay posts..... (Now that is what I call a perk that matters and I won't hold him to a timeline...guess I'm easy)

Never thought about the M&G possibilities.......I could actually have a chance. :woohoo:

:loveclaysbutt:

Good point about the OFC being an actual board and people's home. Sigh. I just wish it were better in all aspects, not for me, but because it represents Clay.

I just signed in and my subscription expires on Valentines Day. Guess I know what I'm giving my boyfriend to celebrate :cryingwlaughter:

The minute I found out about the club I went right over and signed. Took no notice of what was offered...I wanted to be an Official Clay Aiken Fan!!!! When renewal time shows up I will do exactly the same......don't care what is offered, doubt if I will even read about it. I just want to show him I am still here and still a FAN!

:yeahthat:

I'm having myself a Harry Potter marathon. Football? What football?

:yeahthat:

I'm having myself a Harry Potter marathon. Football? What football?

I love Lucy marathon here..the one time I watched the super bowl I helped out at the super bowl party with the residents at work..they had snacks and fake beer and cheered and screamed..and I may have screamed and ran at the tv a couple times ahem...I realized I dont have a low enough stress level to watch football..

I don't care what the perks are either - I really don't. I'd sign up if the only perk was saying I am an official fan of Clay Aiken.

I just don't think they should promise things they don't deliver - lord knows people can find enough things to angst over without giving them something 'real'.

I understand why some fans are upset about the OFC. There have been promises made that have not happened, and I do think that is Clay's responsibility. It would probably better if things weren't promised at all, then everything extra would seem like a bonus. It might take pressure off of Clay too, which might actually make him more inclined to share things. I know I'm better at doing some things if I don't feel like its a duty.

I, however, will be renewing because I also like the adrenalin of reading "He blogged" and racing over there. And I like to have the option of posting when something big comes up to be able to show my support or enthusiasm or whatever. Don't like going over there otherwise but that is partly because I can only handle so much chit chat before I go crazy, and they do way too much talking over there for me.

I don't really understand the bashing for the board though. I don't really agree with all the decisions made, but sometimes for the bigger boards, more rules are probably needed to keep some kind of control. But the posters are no different than anywhere else. There are some that are great, some that are annoying for some reason, and some that you usually just want to smack.

Hee I'm going to play a Mama Mia sing-a-long movie....Yes it is a good thing I'm on my own!
Hey! Turn it down, I can hear it from way over here! *Puts the volume on Clay at full blast, like the time KAndre and I were blasting at an Escalade in East LA* Ah, much better!

Besides... and I know Clay's much nicer than I am on this... but if I had a fandom and I saw that people were NOT signing up at my Official Board and instead hanging around auxiliary boards with free Clack that in my goodwill I haven't sent my lawyers knocking on the door for, I'd clamp down faster than anyone can ask, "Has he blogged?" This is just me... who's very thankful for the extra perks that we get in this fandom, whether or not they're on the OFC contract.

The first year of the OFC, people were complaining about not being able to get good seats through the pre-sales. I know that my friends and I have turned up great seats via the pre-sales on many shows -- some people thought that $30 would give them free options to take or pass on the first 5 rows of any venue of their choosing. No, you get a chance at the "fanclub pool" but you still have to work at good seats and you'll be competing with other fans for the best of those. You just won't get this as an option if you don't sign up. Depending on the dates and venues, there will be a few times when going through the normal channels will be easier because a large number of fans are interested in a particular show. The best strategy is still to have both pools to pick from.

I always thought membership in a fanclub meant an ID card and some trinkets, nothing more. And I would hate it if if these "he must blog regularly on the dot" complaints force things so that we end up with 52 "State-of-the-nation" type blogs instead of cute, quirky, sometimes meaty, sometimes just fun blogs from the cute guy.

Maybe I should just go bake something...

Well, this is too funny for words...

The Cleed on YouTube

Caption for THOSE photobooth pics reads" Doncha wish your boyfriends were hot like mine"

And just to the right of that, you see the Video of Clay and Ruben, singing "Jesus is Love"

What the heck? :shrug:

All that youtube is, is DangHesHot's siggy from the Shed enlarged, lol.

ClayReedSiggy_DangHesHot.gif

There is actually a poll at the OFC in the blog thread to see how many fans are renewing...so far the yes votes are leading at 48%. I don't know how many people have actually voted.

Kim

it made for a good discussion (that poll)

for a little while

than it got a little nasty in there.

I don't know the person who posted it that well but honestly I felt the idea came out of things that had been posted. Also the person who started it I read her posts & she to me seems very kind & very intelligent. I don't think it was done in a mean spirited way or childish way like some people had posted. JMHO

I don't vote only because I have only belonged there for not even a month.

I did vote on thread about the term Claymate though.

Hello, FCA! :hello:

Wow, I thought Jennifer Hudson did a magnificent job with the SSB! :clap:

I have a new entry at Carolina On My Mind entitled Aiken's 'Souper' 2008 in Review. Along with the clack, including cindilu2's February calendar and no-date version, I updated my soup/one dish blog from last winter and hope you enjoy! :wub:

The Mexican Cornbread with Ground Meat makes a great one dish meal. Hopefully, others will share their favorite simple recipes. I'm going to keep bugging Cindy for details since she told me she was making potato/cheddar soup today. :lol:

ChaCha, I notice in the "live feed" that you are receiving visitors from the link to your 2008 Review. :P

Have a "souper" week, all -- sorry, couldn't resist! :nanalove:

Caro listen.gif

Besides... and I know Clay's much nicer than I am on this... but if I had a fandom and I saw that people were NOT signing up at my Official Board and instead hanging around auxiliary boards with free Clack that in my goodwill I haven't sent my lawyers knocking on the door for, I'd clamp down faster than anyone can ask, "Has he blogged?"

Hee.

:cocktail:

---

I have a hard time getting worked up about the SuperBowl unless my team is in it. I gotta have a rooting interest, at least. I have it on but am only paying marginal attention to it.

Not to mention that all the eventness* & pre-hype bugs the crap outta me.

*is so a word....

What's delicious is, the people who are leading the 'don't renew' cheers on the message board there won't get to revel in their victory. Unless they, you know, renew. Heh.

Oh Ron...wherefore art thou?

It's kind of like the people who chase down any internet stories on him so they can say how much they don't care.

I meant to applaud this -- hallelujah and amen!!! :clap::cryingwlaughter::clap:

Caro listen.gif

I totally agree on the Clack thing. Clay could outlaw it in a minute. My goodness, what better means of communication with the fans could there possibly be? I don't believe for a minute that fans who are not fortunate enough to be able to see Clay live would take blogs and sanitized video clips over Clack. That official stuff is over-rated, IMO. But I'll join because.... well, just because.

What I can remember about this evening's SuperBowl viewing so far: the creepy but kinda cool e*trade baby commercials, "Matt Lauer can eat me", Conan in a tank top ( :kotz0: ) and apparently, someone has a sore groin.

:cryingwlaughter:

Aw man, I liked the Clydesdale running away to the circus to join his true love...

But what brought me to tears was bringing out on the field during the pregame the crew of the plane that landed in the Hudson River. *sob*

Kim

it made for a good discussion (that poll)

for a little while

than it got a little nasty in there.

I don't know the person who posted it that well but honestly I felt the idea came out of things that had been posted. Also the person who started it I read her posts & she to me seems very kind & very intelligent. I don't think it was done in a mean spirited way or childish way like some people had posted. JMHO

I don't vote only because I have only belonged there for not even a month.

I did vote on thread about the term Claymate though.

I might go vote in the "Claymate" poll, lol...if I can find it, lol. This oughta be interestin'...

I know where "the man" section is and that's about IT, lol.

Am not.

Am not.

Am not.

Claymates are those crazy women who spend insane amounts of money and traipse all over the...

Oh.

Nevermind.

Am not.

Am not.

Am not.

Canfly

are you the lady who made out with the pottery Clay on JKL?

the poll is in the poll folder

or you could just use the new posts key that Couchie loves so much.

Funny I thought I was the only one who didn't like it although I have come to except that it isn't going anywhere.

What is the point, six years in, of 'voting' on the Claymate name? If it gets voted down will the world suddenly cease using it? Will it be banned from the OFC?

:cryingwlaughter:

Oy. Six years later, people. That ship hasn't just sailed, it's been dry-docked and turned into a museum.

Besides the less that renew the better my chances are for a M&G.

Except a lot of comments I'm seeing are admitting that once there's a reason to re-up, they'll be there like white on rice... and doncha know those are the folks that will win all those M&Gs too? :blink:

Besides... and I know Clay's much nicer than I am on this... but if I had a fandom and I saw that people were NOT signing up at my Official Board and instead hanging around auxiliary boards with free Clack that in my goodwill I haven't sent my lawyers knocking on the door for, I'd clamp down faster than anyone can ask, "Has he blogged?" This is just me... who's very thankful for the extra perks that we get in this fandom, whether or not they're on the OFC contract.

Yes, I believe sometimes folks forget this... be careful what you ask for and all that jazz....

I always thought membership in a fanclub meant an ID card and some trinkets, nothing more. And I would hate it if if these "he must blog regularly on the dot" complaints force things so that we end up with 52 "State-of-the-nation" type blogs instead of cute, quirky, sometimes meaty, sometimes just fun blogs from the cute guy.

Maybe I should just go bake something...

Having never been a member of any fan club before I had no clue what to really expect. I know I read the first time around what grand things we were getting with our paid membership and thinking "cool", but you know, after a little bit of time (like ten minutes with my memory issues!), I forgot about it... no biggee to me. I appreciate whatever we get and am happy with it. I'll re-up as soon as we can... :snoopy:

I made a great chocolate chip coffee cake this afternoon if you're interested in a recipe... ;)

And muski - thanks for the Tara Janzen tip... I'm quite enjoying the Crazy books...

:BlowKiss: