#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Anna

that is cute actually

I remember hearing once to just embrace the crazy.

Did anyone see Britney might cancel her tour? One of my friends has tickets for her show here. She will be so disappointed if there isn't a concert.

Hee - it was entertaining to catch up today. So much word to go around. K'Andre, you are on a roll! *high fives*

I won't ever understand the need to constantly beat Clay up for whatever perceived mistakes/slights/eye-fucks-that-don't-mean-what-I-hoped-they-meant... not ever. When the day comes that I run out of things I love about him to post about about, then maybe I'll start with the tiny, tiny proportion of things I don't. Or hopefully, I'll just find something else to do.

As if couchie could actually remember how to turn any such privileges on OR off... Don't be hatin' on my totally nonprofessional opinion on these entertaining psychos!

ST:TNG: As if! Next thing, someone will tell me that given the chance, they wouldn't become a power-mad dictator!

KAndre looks up, and puts cindilu down for lack of prurient interest in S&M and/or voyeurism...

Should we perhaps take a page from Steve Martin's book and adopt the arrow through the head as our official FCA "tiara" since we are such "wild and crazy" gals! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

I just have wave :hello: to frangomint lurking down there! I don't know you, but your screen name reminded me of a friend I've somewhat lost contact with over the last couple of years. Whenever she went to Chicago, she'd go to Marshall Fields and bring back Frango Mints - love 'em! :)

Hi annabear! I'm just a lurker who enjoys reading this board. It's the best one! I love frango mint candy - all kinds - and usually have one every night when I'm lurking. When I signed up for this board, I was probably munching on one. :)

Sounds like the GFI was a lot of fun and I appreciate the all recaps and videos of that event as well as all the others. I saw Spamalot both in the Spring and Fall and hope Clay takes a role in another production sometime in the future. I thought it was a perfect introduction to Broadway for him and he was surrounded by such a great cast both times. I'm curious about what projects he has lined up....

Well I'm glad you de-lurked - jump in more often! I agree about Spam being a perfect intro to Broadway for Clay. He was able to sing & dance - often at the same time - be a big ham hunk of Spam and, hay hey, they even added a little more singing for him! I agree about the cast, too. Tom, Rick, David, and Hannah especially.

Will this day never end??? I hate Mondays!!! :Ahh:

I think Im known as being pretty easy when it comes to clay, but Ive figured out that it isnt just clay, I have a hard time complaining about people (though clay hasnt given me anything to complain about lol) I called the payroll lady again today because I needed 6 different time sheets..3 each for 2 people, and she only sent me 1 for 1 person...this has been such a problem for me trying to get paid..but I still cant bring myself to go above her and talk to someone else, because if she gets in trouble I know Ill feel bad...I dont complain about food in a resteraunt that isnt right when it comes to me, Ill just eat whatever I can eat..is that considered a character flaw? lol

Hey

Merrieee

do you still want to celebrate Clay?

Watch this & try not to smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYP_dZ7iS8

So does anyone have a opinion on which concert video I should choose? The solo tour Raleigh one or the IT tour?

She's probably giving you a DVD of a download that is available. It's the full IT with Kelly and Clay and the quality is OK. If you want Clay only, go for the Solo tour in Raleigh. It's more Clay than you'd get in the IT DVD.

The good thing about clack is that you don't have to choose. Watch it all. My favorite JBT is Atlantic City--the first night - although both shows were great. DLTSGDOM is a remake? Bwah. Solo tour I love both Raleigh shows and Charlotte and Greenville and ...

well it only took 1 month and a day..my old company called and they need me to come in cuz they are being audited.

When I purchased All is Well from the same buyer she included

a JBT concert & a Christmas concert. The quality was excellent.

I am not sure which one I want because I love the clips I have seen of both those concerts. Kelly Clarkson is also one of my favorite female artists.

Lotus.... I used to hang at 4 boards... then cut down to 2... then just this happy crazy place! I still keep up with Clay and have a much better time doing it. Try it, you'll like it!

Well that would suppose that I have some self control which I don't.

There are some neat things that get posted on CV and CH that don't get over here so I am ever hopeful that I will find those not the negative stuff.

And you know what pissed me off even more is that not even a week had passed since we had the pleasure of experiencing the GFI, thanks to the wonderful Clack goddesses.

Lotus takes a deep breath...relax... this too will pass.

Hey

Merrieee

do you still want to celebrate Clay?

Watch this & try not to smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYP_dZ7iS8

That was fun to watch. Soo...if Clay had thrown his leg over any one of you would your response be like I'd hope mine would have been...like Tyra..more, more!!

I'm guilty of lurking here again, but I had to jump in and say that I FLOVE the banner. Kudos to the creatrix. (Yes, that's a word...now.)

As I said, I've been lurking. So...Bits and pieces (hope you don't mind):

Craziness is an art form. Some of the results are quite pleasing, others...well, not so much. But I've always been proud to be differently normal.

Don't like the term "Claymate" (makes me think of bare breasts and bunny ears) but I totally get that others have embraced it or are indifferent or hate it more than I do.

<Fake French Accent> Viva la difference! </FFA>

I prefer celebrating Clay to bitching about him. Btw, merrieeee, pretty sure there's already a BACA (different name, same concept) but I think they're all private bitchers so the rest can't get in. Too bad.

Thanks tribeca for the YouTube link. I love that video and it's been a long time since I watched it. Good times, good times.

*waves to friends*

As long as the concert DVDs are freebies...........you shouldn't pay for clack that is already available for free. Make that - people shouldn't be selling clack on Ebay for profit. IMO. YMMV. All the acronyms. Pet peeve of mine. ;)

The Raleigh NAT shows were great. I loved them both, and there is some pretty decent clack available for them, too. The IT clack is more hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, so who knows what she's using. But I just think it's amazing how much clack there is, to chronicle the amazing journey we've all been on with Clay for the past 5 6 years. :clap:

As long as the concert DVDs are freebies...........you shouldn't pay for clack that is already available for free. Make that - people shouldn't be selling clack on Ebay for profit. IMO. YMMV. All the acronyms. Pet peeve of mine. ;)

The Raleigh NAT shows were great. I loved them both, and there is some pretty decent clack available for them, too. The IT clack is more hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, so who knows what she's using. But I just think it's amazing how much clack there is, to chronicle the amazing journey we've all been on with Clay for the past 5 6 years. :clap:

They aren't selling Clack

it is free with your purchase. I had the feeling that it is the person's own DVD. They probably can't legally sell it because of copyright issues so they include it as a gift with your purchase.

Kind of like the year some people were selling

a red sox baseball hat & as a free gift to you for buying they included a World Series ticket.

Hope it's ok to put this here...

Hey Scarlett - here you go! Really easy to make and is extra yummy warm... Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Batter:

Cream together ½ cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and 2 eggs. Add 1 cup sour cream and ½ teaspoon vanilla.

Add dry ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking power, ½ teaspoon salt. Mix thoroughly.

Streusel:

Mix 6-7 heaping tablespoons flour, 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar and enough melted butter (about 5-7 tablespoons) to get the right consistency for streusel. Add ½ cup chopped walnuts if desired. (Caution: too much butter causes the streusel to be crunchy after baking. It should not be “wet”, but rather, crumbly after mixing with butter.)

In greased 13 x 9 pan, spread ½ batter. (Batter will be very thick and is a little tricky to spread.) Sprinkle on a little less than ½ of the streusel. Add some chocolate chips and “lightly” pat down. (Makes it easier to spread remaining batter.) Spread remaining batter, add streusel and chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (check at 30 minutes, depending on oven – you know how temperamental they can be.)