#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

As if couchie could actually remember how to turn any such privileges on OR off... Don't be hatin' on my totally nonprofessional opinion on these entertaining psychos!

how did I miss this :cryingwlaughter:

I'm sure there is a manuel or a help menu or something around here. don't tempt me, I might actually try to learn how to do some stuff :hysterical:

Nice to see you Karen Eh! Six months in one place except one little side trip to Austria? ... what a life!

I've been enjoying all funnies around here despite some angst on other boards. I sure hope Clay either gets a laugh about it, because he knows about the real stuff or he just goes about his life pretending his fans are not so cranky. And I know cranky as I have been that about my desktop. Oy! I found some of the data except for the last two years of tax information for my family and friends and the bookkeeping data of my son's business. :cry4:

Hope you get some Clay info today to fuel the bonfires!

Good Morning Everyone,

33 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

45 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks, aikim. I look forward to both of those things! Will be nice when we get something else to add to the countdown, too.

Wheeeeeeeeeee, no work for meeeeeeeeeeeee today! Alas, doctors appts and hospital visits, but I'll take it. After this, it's work 5 days a week for the forseeable future, which sucks.

My daughter is five months pregnant (a little girl), but the same old fibroid tumor that accompanied Kai into the world has returned and is giving her a time. This time she's having lots of pain, can mainly rest and take a little medication. Meanwhile, she has a rambunctious 16.5 month-old ready to rock 'n roll! We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. :wub:

Y'all have a great week! Hmmm ... delicious aromas around here! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Caro,{{{Hugs to you, your DD and DD's wee one!}}} :thbighug-1:

Thanks for the recipe, Lotus! My, this place smells so good, doesn't it? *waves to spikesmom*

Oh good Scarlett when we have our next eHP shindig I'll rely on you for all the good stuff!

So far Valentine's is looking good for an eHP get together. I'll know for sure this weekend.

This post has been brought to you by the word good!

Oh good Scarlett when we have our next eHP shindig I'll rely on you for all the good stuff!

So far Valentine's is looking good for an eHP get together. I'll know for sure this weekend.

This post has been brought to you by the word good!

Sound great! Let's have a theme of "The Letter 'C'" -- anything and every thing yummy that begins with 'C'!!!

I'm having my U-verse installation that day, though, so I might bring some stuff beforehand and just come back later.

Can't wait!!! If anyone wants to fly into Houston for that weekend, I can pick them up if they're going to the IAH airport.

ETA:

Anyone else wants to bring stuff, add or cross them off the list:

candies

chocolates

cheesecake

clack

Clay

creme brulee or creme caramel (depending on whether or not merrieeee has a torch)

I always thought clack was for sharing, at least the YouTube clack , which is, after all, available to anyone.

I send YouTube clack to people all the time... not everything I watch... I select stuff that I think someone will like. I've never come across an NJU who doesn't think Clay has a good voice, they may not want to watch clack every day and twice on Sundays BUT I am pretty sure they usually click on the YouTube links I send and they send feedback if they really like it.

I send clack because I enjoy it and want to share the joy, it is no different to sharing jokes or interesting information and pics that I have received and want to share with others. However, in the case of clack, I am always hoping to convert a new Claymate crazy person Clay fan.

ETA:

HUDSON LIP-SYNCED SUPER BOWL PERFORMANCE

Is this true? I know that there have been past super-singers who also lip-synced. Has there been a disastrous incident with the SSB at the Super Bowl, with someone messing up?

The super bowl SSB is almost always lipsynched. Why is this news every year. Forget why they do it. The article is trying to make it sound like she did it just because of what happened with her mom and it was her first time in public. It's not an unusal thing.

Yesterday was fun nee. With the wonder events of spring and summer on the countdown thus far looking forward to more of the same. :cryingwlaughter: I find myself having such good feelings about Clay right now. Last year this time can you even imagine that I'd be saying..I hope Clay is having a wonderful time bonding with his precious sweet-p and enjoying his madfling/committedrelationship/friendshipwithoorwithout benefits with a hot "boyfriend" and just hanging out with all his old friends and friends he has made in his successful Broadway run? I chuckle just thinking about it. Warm fuzzies. We all need a little bit of that to recharge. He's had one hell of a year.

And the reason why it is usually lipsynched is for practical purposes -- usually synchronization with the backing musicians. But there are ALWAYS people out there who believe that because some singers can't "sing" with out lipsynching, ALL singers who do it must have bad voices. Shrug.

The SSB at the World Series, however, is frequently NOT lipsynched, because whoever does it performs it acapella (meaning, without backing music, just solo singing).

Topic: Clay sang at the World Series. Did really well too.

The super bowl SSB is almost always lipsynched. Why is this news every year.

Hm, I didn't know that. I thought lip-synching was cheating...

Britney was a guest performer at the UK X-Factor, and everyone knew she was lip-synching. The contestants were interviewed about it and they all avoided saying anything except how wonderful it was to have Britney on the show, and that included Simon Cowell.

For me, the mark of a true artist is one who can sing live. Beyonce, I have to admit, sang live on XFactor and absolutely showed-up Britney not just in her singing but her performance. I would walk out of a concert if I knew the artist was "miming".

Beyonce's superbowl SSB was also lipsyching I do believe. I pretty much know who can sing for real and who can't. Are Brittany's concerts even live? LOL. Hell the fabulous instrumental at the inauguration was a recording but not because they couldn't do it live but it was too cold for their instruments.

Today's math problem -- now that I have left bottlecap in my dust :cryingwlaughter: I need 1274 posts to pass Ansa.

Let's see.. A*B+C/D*E if E=EEEEEEEEEEE

key:

A: postho

B: no job

c: number of posts per day

D. Clay taking an extended break

E and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: summer tour

If it's D -- by my birthday in June

If E =EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - next week

Between yesterday and today math has become fun. :cryingwlaughter:

claytonic, I think there's MUCH more to it than "being a real singer." I personally can't stand Britney's recording voice, but love Christina Aguillera's singing voice. Yet, both routinely lip synch during their shows. Is it because of their voices? Nope -- it's because they are singing, dancing, and juggling a whole bunch of other things at the same time. The coordination has got to be hard.

As for singing the SSB at the Super Bowl? Well, first of all -- the crowd noise is terrible. But more importantly, again its the coordination with the other musicians, especially when using a symphonic background.

Oh, and this doesn't always happen at the Super Bowl either. Try the Presidential Inauguration:

Yo-Yo Ma's Performance on January 20: pre-recorded?

couchie -- JINX!

Tina Turner always sang live, you could hear it in her voice that she was singing AND dancing to a fast beat. ( I have seen her in concert several times, once with Ike, then on her own).

ETA: It is probably unfair of me to say that only a real singer sings live. It is a well-known fact that Barbra Streisand's greatest fear was singing live, her studio albums were always so incredible. But I have some LIVE albums, from concerts and some of them are amazing. I have a Sammy Davis Jr LIVE album, and it is fantastic.

I think any singer in the world, real, fake, no-so-good, whatever, can and will miss a note now and then. Yeah, Tina can dance and sing, but she is not really going for the higher notes, either.

Plus I don't think anyone at the Super Bowl was there just to hear Jennifer sing - and if she had missed a note, it would be all over youtube instantly.

Whitney's pre-recorded Super Bowl performance (also in Tampa) sold jillions - good business move!

Barbra - it was her fear of not hitting a note that paralyzed her, it didn't matter, really, that she was awesome live, it was her own personal fear.

Nope -- it's because they are singing, dancing, and juggling a whole bunch of other things at the same time. The coordination has got to be hard.

Well then the people who are on Broadway must indeed be very special people!

Nope -- it's because they are singing, dancing, and juggling a whole bunch of other things at the same time. The coordination has got to be hard.

Hee! And then, I also remember reading in an interview with Clay that during a couple of points during YWSOB, when the chorus is singing along with him, that he's just mouthing along the lyrics -- in order to catch his breath!

Hee! And then, I also remember reading in an interview with Clay that during a couple of points during YWSOB, when the chorus is singing along with him, that he's just mouthing along the lyrics -- in order to catch his breath!

When he comes down off the piano! :party20:

OMG Clay was lip-syncing.......aaarrgghhh!!!

Greetings, FCA! :lilredani:

Thank you for your kind concern for my daughter. She is feeling better and was about to fix some lunch. On Monday, she has an appointment with her doctor, who now says she is six months pregnant. Sooner than we thought -- but that is good! :whistling-1:

As for singing the SSB at the Super Bowl? Well, first of all -- the crowd noise is terrible. But more importantly, again its the coordination with the other musicians, especially when using a symphonic background.

Oh, and this doesn't always happen at the Super Bowl either. Try the Presidential Inauguration:

Yo-Yo Ma's Performance on January 20: pre-recorded?

I thought Jennifer Hudson's performance was outstanding, pre-recorded or not.

As a woodwinds-strings teacher/performer, I can vouch for the fact that the violin, cello, and clarinet would have been terribly out of tune in the frigid weather. Maybe even the piano, though humidity plays more of a role here. Lots of professional musicians have weighed in on this performance and weather conditions.

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Gald to hear your daughter is feeling better, Caro. Hopefully that trend will continue throughout the rest of her pregnancy. :hug:

Good news about your daughter Caro!

Via the CV:

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Broadway Bears

So far, the "Cats" bear is edging out the Spamalot bear for the highest bid.

Here's the write up on the Sir Robin bear. (annabear, I think you should take notes on this bear...):

Sir Robin

SPAMALOT

Signed by: Clay Aiken

Sir Robin has found his grail - and "what's that?" Why, "musical theatre"! So here, finale-ready, is Sir Robin Bear, an exact replica of his Broadway counterpart, all set to be a song-and-dance man. And he does have "the loveliest [of] costumes and the best shoes," doesn't he? He wears a white piqué shirt and cream-satin, green and silver (hand-)bugle-beaded double-bow tie under his 3-piece cream suit. His teal-lined cutaway jacket is an Italian wool-gabardine. Those wide lapels are hand-beaded with 375 peridot, green and silver bugle beads. Handmade Swarovski-crystal and rhinestone buttons decorate the jacket-front and long sleeves. His matching pants have a cream satin stripe running down the outside of either leg. And his cream-satin vest has been hand-beaded in a bold green-and-white checkerboard pattern. It was created with 1,076 peridot, kelly green and silver bugle beads, and 80 peridot Swarovski-crystal rhinestones. Not to mention the matching buttons! On his feet are silver-and-white leather spectators with Swarovski-crystal rhinestones trimming the toes. See? The "best shoes"! Atop that softly curled strawberry-blond (synthetic) wig is his debonair, cream-satin top hat. The hatband, by the way, is made of (hand-painted) green and silver rhinestones. More than 30 hours of blood, sweat and love went into hand-beading the more-than 1500 beads and crystals on this tiny suit. To the more than "small percentile who enjoys a dancing gentile": they don't come any finer than Sir Robin. This bear's for you!

ORIGINAL DESIGNER: TIM HATLEY

BROADWAY BEAR CREATED BY: JOANNA CAYOT

With the assistance of: Rodney Gordon (hat) and Sam Vasili (shoes)

Live Event Item

After the online close, this item will be going to a Live Event for further bidding. Absentee Bidding offered.

Well, considering the comments Clay's voice get if it cracks or he's slightly offkey in one note in the fourth stanza of a song, etc. etc., I'm beginning to understand why so many singers just say the hell with it and lip synch!

It takes balls to sing without audio correction!

ETA

Well....balls and a good voice.

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/kell...he-wants/327691

Kelly seems pretty cool;

Your friend and former tourmate Clay Aiken recently came out of the closet. What is your reaction to that? Did you have any conversations with him prior to his declaration?

I was actually on vacation when I found out. He called and he just said, “You’ll probably get a lot of calls about this, but I just wanted to give you a heads up." I honestly don’t care if he is gay or isn’t gay, and I don’t care if he tells people or doesn’t tell people. I’m not friends with him for either of those reasons. If I’m a fan of an artist, I don’t really care if you’re gay or not gay, as long as you’re making cool music.

Have you met his son, Parker, yet?

Oh, yeah! I went to actually see [Clay] in 'Spamalot' in New York. Me and my manager and some friends met [Parker]. A lot of my friends work with Clay, as well -- it’s kind of a tight-knit group.

Hee I'm waiting for the......."Oh he told her but he didn't tell us" posts to start!