#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Good Morning Everyone,

34 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

46 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Idol gives back: The Dancing Wheels Company has gotten a boost from a well-known former American Idol. The company, which has dancers with and without disabilities, received a grant from singer Clay Aiken's Bubel/Aiken Foundation. The grant is aimed to promote the foundation's mission for inclusion for children of special needs into the mainstream.

The company will have ongoing programs at the Barrett Academy in Akron, where students have multiple disabilities, and "Hands that Speak Volumes," an after-school program for deaf teens.

Even Simon Cowell would have to approve of that.

Found this on CB from Khrystah.

Okay, I was bored and messing around on Twitter, a site I've heard lots about but never been on before today. So I decided to type in Clay's name for fun. image

I scrolled down and read a few of the "Tweets" and up popped a couple from someone named Andy Beal who lives in Raleigh. I Googled him to see if he was for real or just messing around. Apparently he's some sort of highly respected major "internet expert". I found all kinds of interesting stuff about him on all sorts of interesting sites (Wikipedia, Wink, etc), including his own http://www.andybeal.com/ image

Anywho, apparently he was on a flight to DC and Clay was one of the passengers. Here are his "Tweets" about Clay:

At RDU waiting for flight to DC. Looks like there will be 2 of us on the plane. Crazy! 2:09 AM Jan 30th from TwitterFon

On plane to DC. Me, one other passenger and Clay Aiken! Lol 2:32 AM Jan 30th from TwitterFon

Thinking of using Pandora to crank out a Clay Aiken song and see if he starts singing along. ;-) 2:46 AM Jan 30th from TwitterFon

The guy has a sense of humor. image

I miss all the good stuff while I'm sleeping!

Now constant bitching? Especially under the guise of "ooooh, I'm just expressing my opinion about how something you like totally sucks donkey balls and yes, I have a context of I have taste and you don't but I have enough plausible deniability that I'll try to make you look like a whiner if you object" does impact me negatively and I don't enjoy it and therefore don't participate in that and try to avoid the people who do it.

Are you OK with my bronzing this on a plaque, one for every board?? :)

I think other people will treat us (Clay Aiken fans) by following our lead on how we respect each other. Many of us are somewhat in doubt about how to act, having never done anything like this before, perhaps because we've had to devote a lot of our time to caring for family members and running households. We need to have more confidence in what we do, believe that we have a right to do what we do and enjoy it. We don't need to point to a more enthusiastic fan to justify our actions (I only went to 3 shows but she went to 10 so I'm ok). Rude people need to be told off there and then by the people they affect but we don't need to keep bringing back war stories to our boards as though rudeness were something unique to this fandom.

Exactly!!

does jumping out of a moving car cuz you see Clay's bus count as embarrassing? :cryingwlaughter:

what about driving through 100s of miles of desert in what would have been considered an undriveable vehicle by most certified mechanics. No I'm not the kooky one, it's those other claymates :hysterical:

Absolutely nothing there to be embarrassed or worried about! Doesn't everyone??

:loveclaysbutt: and every other part of him too!

Heeeee.....I googled to see if The Fat Guy was still around, and got stuck on this find....

"Nickname: The team was named the "Magic" after beating out "Juice", "Heat", and "Tropics" in a contest"

"I never knew that possible names were the JUICE & TROPICS!? Thank God they werent named that!

Its amazing how time and habit change things. When the Magic were named, NOBODY was happy and everyone had a better idea. "

"One of my favorites was the birth of Stuff. One day a huge egg showed up on the steps of City Hall and after a few days there Stuff was hatched. Stuff has not really changed over the years and I have gone from thinking this was silly as hell to having a Stuff doll on a shelf in my office."

"In retrospect I am glad the nickname Magic was chosen, however if they had chosen the "Tropics" we would probably be writting about how great that name was and laughed that the name "Magic" was even considered."

"I've never been a really big fan of Stuff.

Ah what am I saying...when I was younger I used to hope he'd come over to my section... "

"TROPICS??? JUICE???? who ever thought of those names oughtta get shot.. :wacko: What were they thinking a basketball cheering squad!!!?? :lol: :lol:"

"I saw the "Fat Guy" at the last game I went to back in November. I remember maybe 6-7 years ago he was having health problems and wasn't able to run around the arena, but he has been running the past couple of times I've been there from what I can remember..."

"The Fat Guy is getting kind of old and does have those health problems. He still goes to most Magic home games, but he doesn't run around the arena much, only when we need the crowd to get excited.

Stuff and the Fat Guy are the key symbols of Magic basketball.

Stuff is one of the best mascots in the league.

But what REALLY separates us from other teams is our PA announcer, Paul Pressly. :):D That dude kicks a**!!!!!! :D He is one of the most loud and energetic PA's in the NBA. :):D"

"you guys are talking about the fat guy that wears the shiny shirt, right? "

"yea i see that guy on tv all the time. "

"yeah he is a great announcer. but i hate when he says "here come the magic" and he says magic real long like mmmmmmaaaaaaaaggggggggiiiiiiiiiccccccccc he says it so horrible, like he has a dick stuck between two teeth."

I gotta disagree about the announcer - Paul Porter was awesome!!!!!

Anyway, guess there is nothing new under the sun!

I was happily surprised to see this:

Fat Guy still having fun - 2008

My favorite post from here - "fans like him make it fun to be a fan."

I guess that is where I am at, I just want to have fun being a fan!

Mr. Salvaggio sorta reminds me of the fuss about Ethel. Of course, when you are fan of a team, you are not feeling you are competing for the attention of just one guy.

Sniff.. now I am getting all nostalgic and whatnot. I had such great times at those games, but they remind me so much of the guy I went with, and now that he is gone I don't know how I would feel if I went to another game!

Fat vs. voluptuous? Hell, I can call myself "skinny" and dare anyone to say jack shit to me (of course, my doctor will just roll his eyes and give me Clay-level subtle hints to lose about half of my bodacious ass). Hate the term - fine, but honestly some hating on it doesn't make it a bad term. Hell, actual "Playmates" are still around and will probably use that term as long as it works for them. Anyhoo, I love many of you crazy people (especially those not in denial) KAndre waves madly at canfly while quietly underscores, highlights and puts three asterisks by smitten (one asterisk is in case KAndre has to finish her master's and they always seem to want literature or grammar or white space and stuff and she'll have someone to sponge off of) and luckiest1 (hell, Halle might have deserved a Purple Heart for making out with Billy Bob - which after viewing I needed brain cleanser for, but Oscar? Ha!). Many women do seem to be freakishly hard on each other - not sure why. But I know the only people I feel embarrassed for are people I can fix - which covers me, my son (oh yes, he embarrasses me and I'll fix him!) and any dude lucky enough to sleep with me.

The Super Bowl totally rocked but I switched over to the Kitten Half-time show since I've never particularly cared for Bruce.

New dead horse to beat? Lessee...ooooo, I know! Future eye-fucks - does that make Clay a total "---" tease (use your own scatalogical term)? He knows he ain't gonna follow through - he's wrong, wrong, WRONG! Therefore he owes me a great deal of pity making out (and more) since he has led me on since To Love Somebody...see, he completely LIED with his body language! Ooh! I am filled with self-righteous wrath! And everyone who disagrees with me is trying to crush my individuality! Denzel owes me some making out too. And Brosnan.

KAndre, please add me to your list of proud crazies, as I much prefer Star Trek: The Next Generation over classic Trek.

And I'm proud crazy to be a fan of Clay Aiken (and yes, will call myself a Claymate from time to time)...

I totally understand about giving our vacation schedule in advance, I will have to give mine for summer by the middle of march. I hope we hear about a tour schedule soon if not I'll have to do a lot of trading days off to get away for a few days to travel to a concert or two or three or four, lol!

Well, I refused. Flat out. Who the hell knows what they are doing to be doing in the summer or fall or next freaking winter, when this freaking winter isn't even over yet (and apparently, according the groundhogs, won't be over for another 6 freaking weeks)? So I just said I'll take most of my time in the summer, with a couple days saved for Nov/Dec in case of a Christmas tour. If that's not specific enough for them, too bad. I'm not gonna commit to a specific set of dates yet. They can bite me.

At son #1's insistance, I switched the TV to the Superbowl long enough to watch the opening stuff (way cool that they gave kudos to the crew of the NYC flight) and I thought Jennifer Hudson did a great job with the SSB. Then I went away until halftime and thought Bruce was ok, I guess, if you like that sort of thing. Would have been better if he could, you know, actually carry a tune. :whistling-1:

KAndre gasps in horror, and adds ldyj to the delusionally crazy list and makes a note of luckiest's little oral fixation...

Aha! Expanding on my dead equine, Clay actually nonverbally committed himself to me in a long term relationship! I have poorly captured video proof! Yeah, he just asked me specific questions like my name and stuff, but he held my hand and eyefucked me one-on-one. Who knows the breach of promise statutes? I think I'm entitled to something!

New dead horse to beat? Lessee...ooooo, I know! Future eye-fucks - does that make Clay a total "---" tease (use your own scatalogical term)? He knows he ain't gonna follow through - he's wrong, wrong, WRONG! Therefore he owes me a great deal of pity making out (and more) since he has led me on since To Love Somebody...see, he completely LIED with his body language! Ooh! I am filled with self-righteous wrath! And everyone who disagrees with me is trying to crush my individuality!

Heeee, KAndre - you KNOW this is gonna happen, plus minute inspection of song lyrics!

New dead horse to beat? Lessee...ooooo, I know! Future eye-fucks - does that make Clay a total "---" tease (use your own scatalogical term)? He knows he ain't gonna follow through - he's wrong, wrong, WRONG! Therefore he owes me a great deal of pity making out (and more) since he has led me on since To Love Somebody...see, he completely LIED with his body language! Ooh! I am filled with self-righteous wrath! And everyone who disagrees with me is trying to crush my individuality!

Heeee, KAndre - you KNOW this is gonna happen, plus minute inspection of song lyrics!

Gosh, maybe we should start with This is the Night and play everything backwards. Lord knows what really hot insider information we might find, especially with our hindsight at full bore.

And speaking of hindsight.....it is sometimes a lovely thing.

114211396_giBAE-M.jpg

When the world wasn't upside down,

I could take all the time I had

But I'm not going to wait when a moment can vanish so fast

'Cuz every kiss is a kiss you can never get back

Lift me up in your eyes

If you told me that is what Heaven is, well, you'd be right

I've been waiting forever for this

This is the night

When the answer to all my dreams

Is as close as a touch away

Why am I here holding back what I'm trying to say?

Lift me up in your eyes

Hold me close to your heart

I would go with you to the ends of the Earth and we'll fly

This is the night

This is the night where we capture forever and our tomorrows begin

After tonight, we will never be lonely again

Lift me up in your eyes

Hold me close to your heart

I would go with you to the ends of the Earth and we'll fly

This is the night

OK, in reviewing the lyrics backwards, apparently Clay owes us plane tickets, was really into ST:TOS ( :Pldyj! This is clearly a reference to "The City on the Edge of Forever"), Clay touched my hand so clearly I'm the answer to all of his dreams (Back off, Reed!), and Clay has learned that in kissing at least, possession is nine-tenths of the law.

Dang, I'm good!

EEEeee!!! My buddy Karen Eh? is awake the same time as me! Whee!!!

:)

Yep! ***waves to 00lsee***Dinner's over, the dog is bathed and time to settle down for the night with a movie. It's 8:30 PM here in Baku. Don't forget me! I'm going to be over here for 6 months this time with just one break (Austria for a week in May).

It's going to be a long haul and the Folgers Singles are running low.

Thank you, Thank you for your posts this morning. Last night I went to bed feeling depressed and really pissed off at what I had been reading on other boards.

Yes I know, stay away from them then... but I haven't been able to reach that level of self control as yet.

Anyway I wanted to yell at everyone :fssign: :herewegoagin: :blinkies_114: and doing that is a big NO NO .

So :bloomingflowers: Thanks. I feel better cept I'd feel much better if I thought that bitching and whining would ever stop.

Lotus, we go over and over this stuff. If Clay doesn't do what everyone wants, he loses. Unfortunately not everyone wants the same thing. So the angst begins.

I have to laugh at how we (the fans) have to proclaim what side we are on. Time after time. :hysterical: At this point I'm pretty flexible and just go with whatever Clay gives us. I have zero expectations. :wordpooper:

I'm going to start a new board titled. BACA ......Bitchin' About Clay Aiken.......maybe they will all migrate there!

I've had enough...let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything! Is it too much to ask....is it? (tm Lancelot)

I guess you will have to add me to the "crazy list"...I admit it...I watch horror movies all the way through and like it...sometimes I even watch them over again!

Kim

I'm going to start a new board titled. BACA ......Bitchin' About Clay Aiken.......maybe they will all migrate there!

I've had enough...let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything! Is it too much to ask....is it? (tm Lancelot)

I am so confused

you know this was my first ever online discussion about the term Claymate so I haven't been on this gerbil wheel before. And for new fans the converstaion is new.

Anyway let's celebrate Clay okay sounds good to me.

I won the EBay item I bid on of Clay's radio promotion CD and I have to chose a concert DVD that comes with it.

Which one would you pick

Raleigh first concert

Kelly/Clay concert (not sure which venue)

Thread title? :lilredani:

Lots of good posts! No time to pull them all together, but I'll WORD Couchie & KAndre (although she would consider me crazy as well... ST:TNG all the way!) & Scarlett & someone else!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

So do we need to change the theme of the board to "where happy crazy fans of Clay come to play"? :imgtongue:

merrieeee... BWAH!!! That won't work, tho... they seem to need to say they love Clay, BUT... how bout But'ng Clay Aiken. :cryingwlaughter:

So do we need to change the theme of the board to "where happy crazy fans of Clay come to play"? :imgtongue:

anna.... so does that mean we are the HCFCA board now??? :cryingwlaughter:

Lotus.... I used to hang at 4 boards... then cut down to 2... then just this happy crazy place! I still keep up with Clay and have a much better time doing it. Try it, you'll like it!