#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Fully functional, feh! Pon farr forever!

Yeah, like they used to sell OEM software with a nonworking piece of hardware to get around the rules...I'm really iffy on the idea of someone profiting off clack - because that is what would get the whole thing shut down.

You Data-fanatics are just lucky I love you....live long and prosper RULEZ!

He is fully-functional you know...

:whistling-1:

BWAHAHAHA!

:hello:Karma

Anyway I wanted to yell at everyone :fssign: :herewegoagin: :blinkies_114: and doing that is a big NO NO .

So :bloomingflowers: Thanks. I feel better cept I'd feel much better if I thought that bitching and whining would ever stop.

OMG, I LOVE the bridge quote, especially!

I've been just reading a little bit, but had to speak up here!!!

I've had enough...let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything! Is it too much to ask....is it? (tm Lancelot)

No, not in my book. I love doing what you're suggesting, merrieeee and practice it regularly - nothing could be easier!

It was wonderful meeting you at GFI last week and getting to visit a little bit.

Hello everyone!!! :openflower3:

They aren't selling Clack

it is free with your purchase. I had the feeling that it is the person's own DVD. They probably can't legally sell it because of copyright issues so they include it as a gift with your purchase.

I wouldn't be so sure that it's their own clack. But I guess I'm just jaded and overly cautious at this point. :whistling-1:

It was nice meeting you AAIT and I wish it could have been longer. When, not if, Clay tours again we will have to make sure we all get to the same venue. Hee if he comes to Houston I'll have a pre-partay at my place just for the FCA!

Since we have officially met I can use abbreviations....no?

They aren't selling Clack

it is free with your purchase. I had the feeling that it is the person's own DVD. They probably can't legally sell it because of copyright issues so they include it as a gift with your purchase.

I wouldn't be so sure that it's their own clack. But I guess I'm just jaded and overly cautious at this point. :whistling-1:

that's okay

I will just choose to be naive on this issue :)

bundling Clack as a "freebie" -- there's no such thing as a "freebie". Letting others know that the seller usually "offers" Clack allows people to justify higher bids. Clack should be offered on a "no purchase necessary rule" since whoever offers them didn't pay anyone for the rights, whether they took them themselves or not.

sigh

I already purchased it and that website does not work well with my computer

Hope it's ok to put this here...

Hey Scarlett - here you go! Really easy to make and is extra yummy warm... Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

<snip>

Thanks, spikesmom! Just what I needed :thankyou: ... I haven't had dinner yet but I already had 2 slices of jazzgirl's blonde brownies that I made last night. I have enough time and all the ingredients to make your chocolate chip coffee cake tonight except the sour cream -- could I use either yogurt or cream cheese instead?

*scans the board quickly, contemplates what I can get away with on a not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity-plea and jumps into the fray!!!* My only regret with a certain personal decision -- not grabbing the full set of TNG DVD's.

What a day I had! For the 2nd time in a year, I got picked to be a juror. And not just on any case, oh no! (can't talk about it but I can still whine about Texas laws in general, can't I?) With all the huge important things that need fixing in the world -- the economy, healthcare, global warming, Clay (apparently) *rolls eyes*, etc. it's amazing how Texas can come up with the most frivolous misdemeanor charges in the world. Now I know I deserve this as payback for all the times during the eHP's Summer Sojourn in San Francisco when I took "As Long As We're Here And It's Just a Misdemeanor in Texas" as my motto. So now I'm going to be forced to uphold the stupid misdemeanor. Well... if CNN carries the story of somebody going postal in the Harris County Courthouse, you know where to send the bail money!

On bundling Clack as a "freebie" -- there's no such thing as a "freebie". Letting others know that the seller usually "offers" Clack allows people to justify higher bids. Clack should be offered on a "no purchase necessary rule" since whoever offers them didn't pay anyone for the rights, whether they took them themselves or not.

I have enough time and all the ingredients to make your chocolate chip coffee cake tonight except the sour cream -- could I use either yogurt or cream cheese instead?

You know, I have no idea... I've only made it with the sour cream... won't pretend it's my own recipe - got it from our Company cafeteria back in the day when we had one... lol. Hopefully someone else knows if you can subtitute... sorry. :8: :unsure:

My only regret with a certain personal decision -- not grabbing the full set of TNG DVD's.

My husband, for many years, was such a romantic. For Christmas, birthdays, and Valentine's Day for more than a few years, I received the 7 seasons of TNG. I :::heart::: my husband.

On bundling Clack as a "freebie" -- there's no such thing as a "freebie". Letting others know that the seller usually "offers" Clack allows people to justify higher bids. Clack should be offered on a "no purchase necessary rule" since whoever offers them didn't pay anyone for the rights, whether they took them themselves or not.

Bingo! This fandom, in many ways, was built on "Claying it forward" -- helping out those that couldn't burn CD's and DVD's, at no cost (or just the cost of postage). I do this for people, and don't mind doing it in the least. You just gotta ask sometimes! Ooooo, that reminds me....I owe a couple of DVD's to people....gotta run.

Scarlett, from Allrecipes.com Substitution list:

For 1 cup Sour cream, substitute 1 cup plain yogurt OR 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar plus enough cream to make 1 cup OR 3/4 cup buttermilk mixed with 1/3 cup butter.

For 1 cup Sour cream, substitute 1 cup plain yogurt OR 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar plus enough cream to make 1 cup OR 3/4 cup buttermilk mixed with 1/3 cup butter.

Yay ldyj!!! You know how many times I've wanted to make this and didn't have the darn sour cream?! haha... I think I may have to bookmark that list! :cryingwlaughter:

Hopefully someone else knows if you can subtitute... sorry. :8: :unsure:

Oh, look what ldj posted. Eeeeee, I can try it! Thanks again. :BlowKiss:

ETA: Lol! We posted at the same time!

Ok, THAT I have. Thanks bunches, Eeeee! :woman:

My husband, for many years, was such a romantic. For Christmas, birthdays, and Valentine's Day for more than a few years, I received the 7 seasons of TNG. I :::heart::: my husband.
What a sweet hubby you have!!!

ETA:

annabear, you're right!!! That is the bright side of things. :clap:

I've subbed yogurt for sour cream, and even buttermilk, lots of times with perfect results. :)

Good luck with jury duty, Scarlett - at least it's not during a tour!! :BlowKiss:

ETA: I brought work home from the office, prep for a meeting tomorrow morning, but I really don't feel like doing it! :breakpc1:

bundling Clack as a "freebie" -- there's no such thing as a "freebie". Letting others know that the seller usually "offers" Clack allows people to justify higher bids. Clack should be offered on a "no purchase necessary rule" since whoever offers them didn't pay anyone for the rights, whether they took them themselves or not.

sigh

I already purchased it and that website does not work well with my computer

tribeca, oh, I'm not blaming you. Enjoy what you already have, by all means!!! :thbighug-1:

And if you need any additional ones that you can't download just mention it casually somewhere, sometime -- maybe a passing angel will hear you.

annabear, you're right!!! That is the bright side of things. :clap:

yum.. it's ok to put it here but if you can also put it in the recipe thread where it will be easy for people to find later.

Lotus scratches her head. Where oh where is the recipe thread?

I have a recipe for 5 minute chocolate cake for desperate chocolate cake lovers or for those of you with small children visiting. Kids love to make this. |Big kids too.

I have to get off the computer and finish the book for book group tonight.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons cake flour(that’s plain flour, not self-raising)

4 tablespoons sugar I use 3T

2 tablespoons baking cocoa dark dutch cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil I use 2 T

3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)

a small splash of vanilla essence

1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. ( 800 watts works).

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

(I also add a few grains of salt and I have read that chopped nuts are good in it)

I'm guilty of lurking here again, but I had to jump in and say that I FLOVE the banner. Kudos to the creatrix. (Yes, that's a word...now.)

Hey Karma, nice to see you... you too AAIT!!

Merrieee...I am definitely coming to Texas the next time Clay tours... get my room ready :cryingwlaughter:

It was nice meeting you AAIT and I wish it could have been longer. When, not if, Clay tours again we will have to make sure we all get to the same venue. Hee if he comes to Houston I'll have a pre-partay at my place just for the FCA!

Since we have officially met I can use abbreviations....no?

Absolutely yes!!

The pre-partay sounds awesome, merrieeee!!!

Couch Tomato, hello to you too!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new entry at Carolina On My Mind entitled Aiken's 'Souper' 2008 in Review. Along with the clack, including cindilu2's February calendar and no-date version, I updated my soup/one dish blog from last winter and hope you enjoy! :wub:

Thanks for that blog, Caro! By coincidence I was not only baking a batch of yummy brownies but I was also making some beef with potatoes and cabbage soup tonight. Yes, it a great time to bring out those soup recipes. :)

Thnx, Scarlett. A couple of readers have left some interesting recipes in the remarks. One is on Blogspot, and the other is at the OFC. I will probably print them in a later entry. Do stop and share yours, too.

Also, I sent my new adult sax student a link (he's in the final segment) and told him he has a fan club within the Clay Nation, not to mention the mothers of the students who take right before him. :lol:

Welcome rangomint! Great seeing Karma and Kareneh here today, too! :)

My daughter is five months pregnant (a little girl), but the same old fibroid tumor that accompanied Kai into the world has returned and is giving her a time. This time she's having lots of pain, can mainly rest and take a little medication. Meanwhile, she has a rambunctious 16.5 month-old ready to rock 'n roll! We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. :wub:

Y'all have a great week! Hmmm ... delicious aromas around here! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... {{{{{Caro's DD}}}}}

My DD had two difficult pregnancies and she loves those kids to death, but was soooo happy to get herself fixed during the second c-section (which then got infected and gave her more problems). She's a great mom, but NEVER wants to do that again. Can't say I blame her.

Sending love and light her way!

You might want to fix Frangomint's name in your post or she might not come back... :cryingwlaughter:

Karma and AnAmericanInTX... glad to see you posting! Keep it up! We kinda like posting peeps around here! :cryingwlaughter: