#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

CH definitely has a vault - CH and CV both manage ClackUnlimited.

The "Mandy was a dog" meme is definitely not true - though Barry really didn't like Mandy - as if I cared!

Lotus, I can't see anyone disagreeing with you - Clay definitely wasn't what Simon was looking for - I think many people's problem was the implication that he wasn't pop star material at all.

Claytonic, although I lost your quote. I too repect Clay's right to his privacy and some of the speculation I see about Reed can be too much. If Clay wanted us to know about their relationship, I think we would have had a lot more pictures with them side by side instead of at opposite ends of a group of people. I don't think the photo booth pictures were meant to be seen other than by friends. :idk:

I'm very happy that Clay has at the very least a very good friend, but I'm just not into guessing the extent of it. Reading posts that Clay's in love and can't be apart from Reed for a few months just boggles my mind. Maybe because I haven't been one of the in people who knows where Clay is and what he is doing at all time has made me cautious of assuming things. :believeitornot:

July and August would be good too! Reed could sing backup!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: wonder if he plays sax :hysterical:

Maybe he could take Angie's place for When Doves Cry v.2009

:tasty:

Oh Good God...could you see the heads exploding if that happened!

Kim

I am having fun shipping Reed and Clay - no more, no less. Is he the love of his life? Maybe. Maybe not. Is he a cute, fun guy who he shares laughs and dinner with occassionaly? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe they're just **** buddies. Maybe they had two dates - the two we've seen pictures from, or maybe those pictures were just happenstance and they are sitting back laughing their asses off at how some folks have them exchanging rings. We don't get to know those kinds of things about Clay, and that's cool. Never stopped us from shipping before, and won't stop me now. That doesn't make me over-invested - it makes me a fan, interested in the life of the object of her affection.

What Reed does represent to me though, is Clay's freedom - at last - to be himself. That makes me so happy for him, I can't even begin to express it. If a little interest and goodwill and wishful thinking rub off on Reed because of that - so be it. It's still all about Clay for me. Always has been, and always will be.

'Scuse me, Ms. cindilu2... If you've got time to smut, you've got time to photoshop. :naughtywag: Where's my February calender?

Eeep! Forgot it was the end of the month. Soooooooooooon!

Cindilu... bwah your fantasy life is pretty full right now isn't it :cryingwlaughter:

Wut? :lilredani:

Ugh.... I don't know how to shake this homophobic girl. She's nice most of the time, but any time anything Clay-related comes up (down, muski... :P) she acts like I have a crush on a serial killer. I don't look at pictures of gay men, I look at a picture of a gay man who also happens to be a humanitarian, an amazing singer, and pretty darn cute.

I mean, I'm just like... He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style. What does his being gay have anything to do with it? Heck, I respect the opinion of the girl who doesn't like him because of his hair more than I do the opinion of the girl who thinks he's icky because he's gay.

[/rant]

:unsure:

Sorry to soliloquy at y'all... I'm just waffling on what to say to her and how to say it--because being polite is probably not going to get her to stop. I guess I need to stop the waffle-age and just ignore her, huh? :huh:

He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.

Thread title?

And I'm not just suggesting that because of my new avatar.... :whistling-1:

:thbighug-1: clayzycoffin I would be curious about why exactly she feels that way about Clay, but past that....ignoring is probably the best feature. Or saying to her, "if you won't stop this talk about Clay, I won't be your friend any more."

Well if she's your friend just tell her she's being disrespectful to you and you'd prefer that your conversations be about something that actually interested her. I'll add that if you are bringing up the topic to her then stop it. You can't convince anyone that he's worthy of their consideration if they aren't interested. I'm happy I've never had this problem..cuz I'd be cutting people off left and right. Not that I'm choosing Clay over them but I believe it's a respect issue.

ETA: Oh thanks for explaining - sounds like it is homophobia and not really about Clay.. prejudice of any kind is ugly and unfortunately it's all around us. I don't have much patience for it.

ETA: To ldyjocelyn Yeah, I'm trying to avoid looking at your avatar now because when it caught me off guard I found myself mesmerized by it. Clay Aiken makes sneezing mesmerizing. I still say the man is magic! (Actually, it used to be he was made of awesome, wasn't it? :lol:)

I have considered saying something along those lines... You know, something like I think our friendship shouldn't be split apart by your homophobia... for some reason I've been told not to phrase it that way. No idea why. :shrug::P Just kidding.

ETA: To Couch Tomato, I'm not bringing it up so much as happening to be doing Clay-related activities in her presence--like logging onto FCA while I'm at school and she's nearby. Also, I have that fantabulous Clay/Reed background on my computer, so if she sees it she gets all "that's creepy, that's disturbing, blah blah blah". I'm just like, I'm not going to change a background that makes me happy or cut down on my already limited Clay-time because she can't handle that the guy bats for the other team.

Thanks to both of you for the advice though... my mom is getting sick of me complaining about this stuff. I've tried the hint route (with the friend, not my mom :lol:), but it doesn't seem to work very well.

EATA: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find out what Clay means to me... yaaaah! ^_^ Sorry! I'll stop now!

Ugh.... I don't know how to shake this homophobic girl. She's nice most of the time, but any time anything Clay-related comes up (down, muski... :P) she acts like I have a crush on a serial killer. I don't look at pictures of gay men, I look at a picture of a gay man who also happens to be a humanitarian, an amazing singer, and pretty darn cute.

I mean, I'm just like... He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style. What does his being gay have anything to do with it? Heck, I respect the opinion of the girl who doesn't like him because of his hair more than I do the opinion of the girl who thinks he's icky because he's gay.

[/rant]

:unsure:

Sorry to soliloquy at y'all... I'm just waffling on what to say to her and how to say it--because being polite is probably not going to get her to stop. I guess I need to stop the waffle-age and just ignore her, huh? :huh:

Oddly enough the only words I can think of to tell a 'friend' like this are brought to you by the letters F and O. She's not disrespecting Clay, because frankly I doubt he gives a shit. She's disrespecting you.

Some people just aren't worth the effort. And some people just enjoy baiting others - don't take it. It's really not that difficult once you have people's number. ;-)

Whoo! Swoony new banner! And a funny pop-up!

Question related to the new banner: Do ICGs contribute to facial wrinkles? :D:D

If so, I not only need to be saving for a Clay Tour and the 1st Annual International FCA Convention in either Sydney or Paris, but also some botox injections for my laughlines and crowsfeet.

:flirtysmile3: C.U.T.E. With a capital GAH! is right!! FLOVE the new banner! :flirtysmile3:

Nope, only frowns contribute to wrinkles. ICGs are good for ya! ICG.gif

Cute banner cindylu. I think Clay looks adorable in that outfit.

OT I am a nervous wreck. My desktop PC has a corrupted user file and I have to make changes to the registry to fix it.None of my files can be accessed because the computer set up it's own user name which makes my documents appear gone. My son ran through it with me over the phone but it just doesn't feel right. I have four external hard drives and none of them have enough room for me to back up the files so I'm going to have to clean them up first.

It got damaged when we turned the circuit breaker off and on a few times while the computer was on. Pretty careless. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

I think Clay will go on with his career...whatever is coming up, and Reed will go on with his career..and they will either stay in a relationship through email, pm, cellphone, visits...or not lol arent you glad you know what I think on the subject? I knew you would be...I think Clay will tour...I want clay to tour, thats whats next in my mind..darnit!

ready for my newest time card saga? I know your anxious....today I got my time card!! not time CARDS, just one lol and I didnt get the ones from before, Im supposed to be getting pay from the 5th, but the ones I got are only from the 17th...sigh...and I only got one for one of them...not one for each of them, so we have to call again on Monday....

isnt life fun fun fun

If so, I not only need to be saving for a Clay Tour and the 1st Annual International FCA Convention in either Sydney or Paris, but also some botox injections for my laughlines and crowsfeet.

Maybe we could get a bulk rate???

:whistling-1:

He's worth every one of them though, don'tcha think?

I did a Feb calendar with a couple of Katy4Clay's wonderful GFI pics. They aren't the sharpest pics ever, but lordy do they make me smile. He's my sunshine on a cloudy day.

click to biggie

th_FEB09WS.jpg

th_FEB09REG.jpg

OK, I must be losing what's left of my mind because I've been seriously considering adopting a puppy.... the cats will be mighty thrilled pissed.... :huh-bwah:

My friend just sent me his latest close-up:

puppy3.jpg

puppy1.jpg

He and his 3 brothers are about 4 weeks old and are the products of an unplanned pregnancy that evidently (obviously!) happened just before they took the father in to be fixed....

I did a Feb calendar with a couple of Katy4Clay's wonderful GFI pics. They aren't the sharpest pics ever, but lordy do they make me smile. He's my sunshine on a cloudy day.

click to biggie

th_FEB09WS.jpg

th_FEB09REG.jpg

:thankyou: I love having a nice, strong profile picture as my background so I can trace it with my cursor. Although sometimes it ends up with the pointy part up Clay's nose. :unsure: Sorry, dude!