#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

There are boards out there that will not let anyone even mention it. Something is rotten in Denmark and I am not sure what it is since I also do not have all of the "backstory" information.

Don't think anything is rotten in Denmark, don't think this this applies here, I think the simple explanation is that Chexxy's did post pictures of people and whatnot, and were quite the fan police that are, ironically, now being complained about. That did affect some people quite personally.

If you don't have all the "backstory" information, then of course you would not understand! That's only natural, but it doesn't mean something is rotten. Just means you don't know why some people have bad feelings, is all.

Anyway, I am sure the newsletter will have quite a few readers and hits as it is, unless, like Couchie says, it starts with the creepy blog crap again. It is not like anyone is going to miss any Clay news forevah if they don't read that one particular site.

Personally, I never click on anything Clay-fan-related except this board and one other board, I figure anything important will show up!

There are boards out there that will not let anyone even mention it. Something is rotten in Denmark and I am not sure what it is since I also do not have all of the "backstory" information.

<snip>

If you don't have all the "backstory" information, then of course you would not understand! That's only natural, but it doesn't mean something is rotten. Just means you don't know why some people have bad feelings, is all.

Anyway, I am sure the newsletter will have quite a few readers and hits as it is, unless, like Couchie says, it starts with the creepy blog crap again. It is not like anyone is going to miss any Clay news forevah if they don't read that one particular site.

Personally, I never click on anything except this board and one other board, I figure anything important will show up!

For me, it's a matter of privacy of information. I'm always glad to find a good source of fun stuff and often will come back to read again. However I will register only at those that are run by people I know because there are sites that make it part of their business to collect private information. There's a lot that can be correlated about you just from your IP address. I'm certain that Couchie and Ansa and ldj do not spend their days bothering about these when they could be staring at pictures of a cute guy instead but since there's been a history of other people collecting names, addresses and other personal information on fans it is good to mention this in a general sense. I'm not accusing particular sites of doing things, google and amazon have have far more on me than any other entities out there (I hope!) but we'd be remiss not to mention it for newbies in the fandom.

Remember that article that KAndre linked some time back?

Oh and btw, in case you don't know yet...

:loveclaysbutt:

and

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Well, I still love that CANN site,. just listened to the audio of Mandy again. I vaguely remember that some don't like it but I love that song, and love Clay singing it. I don't know IIT but years ago, I read something about Mandy being a dog Barry Manilow was singing about. Trivia, you know... It may not be true!

Dare I ask...can someone please explain to me what "cut" means, in the context that Muski was using?

Well, I still love that CANN site,. just listened to the audio of Mandy again. I vaguely remember that some don't like it but I love that song, and love Clay singing it. I don't know IIT but years ago, I read something about Mandy being a dog Barry Manilow was singing about. Trivia, you know... It may not be true!

IIRC Barry detested wasn't crazy about the song himself but didn't have much say at that point. He has since stated that he did learn to like it, which was a good thing because he'd be singing it forever. *g*

In the same vein, the Temptations hated Poppa was a Rollinstone and resisted putting it on the album they were doing at the time. Turned out to be one of their biggest hits ever and helped launch the second big wave of their career.

From Reed's PUBLIC myspace

http://www.myspace.com/reedcameronkelly

January 30, 2009 - Friday

GOING ON TOUR WITH MYLENE

It is with bittersweet pleasure that I announce today I will be leaving the hit Broadway show "Wicked". After being part of the "Wicked" family for over four and a half years it is now official. I will be going on a world tour with France's megastar recording artist Mylene. Although I am sad to soon be hanging up my Flying Monkey wings, I am looking very forward to having the opportunity to perform in costumes designed by Jean Paul Gaultier specifically for Mylene and the rest of our cast. I will be one of six men and two women who will be dancing and singing backup for her on this tour.

I know I have some friends out there who have yet to see me in "Wicked", not to fear! My first official day back onstage will be the performance on February 10, 2009. I will be performing until near the end of March, so if you are one of those kids who has yet to catch me--to hesitate is to be lost. (I mean honestly, who would want to miss the last chance to see me kick my leg up in my infamous black and white skirt?! LOL!)

So come one, come all. Help me make my last days at the Green House amazing! Wishing you health and happiness ... Big Smiles, R.

tell me something--how does one cross out a word in a post, like I see people do occasionally?

In the toolbar above the posting box, click on the button that looks like this: aA . There are options for subscript, superscript and strikethrough. Just highlight what you want to strikethrough and then click on that option.

Or, you can manually type a [*s] and a [ */s] (no asterisks) on either side of the text.

Well, I still love that CANN site,

Heeeee.....I don't think anyone is saying not to love it, just saying that, like any other site, there is no requirement TO love it, or even to go there.

Actually, I wouldn't even consider that anyone anywhere could truly force me to visit a website, or not - so I am always surprised when I read how people feel they are being "told" not to do stuff, and they take it seriously.

Dare I ask...can someone please explain to me what "cut" means, in the context that Muski was using?

"cut" can mean circumcised, or it can mean that muscles anywhere on the body are quite sharply defined, usually a term used by bodybuilders. Reed's muscles in, say, his chestal area, look quite "cut" or defined.

It is with bittersweet pleasure that I announce today I will be leaving the hit Broadway show "Wicked". After being part of the "Wicked" family for over four and a half years it is now official. I will be going on a world tour with France's megastar recording artist Mylene. Although I am sad to soon be hanging up my Flying Monkey wings, I am looking very forward to having the opportunity to perform in costumes designed by Jean Paul Gaultier specifically for Mylene and the rest of our cast. I will be one of six men and two women who will be dancing and singing backup for her on this tour.

I know I have some friends out there who have yet to see me in "Wicked", not to fear! My first official day back onstage will be the performance on February 10, 2009. I will be performing until near the end of March, so if you are one of those kids who has yet to catch me--to hesitate is to be lost. (I mean honestly, who would want to miss the last chance to see me kick my leg up in my infamous black and white skirt?! LOL!)

So come one, come all. Help me make my last days at the Green House amazing! Wishing you health and happiness ... Big Smiles, R.

muski watches while some Clay fans get out their PDA's, Day-Timers and whatnot in order to evaluate the chances of making a trip to Paris, Milan and Athens in the upcoming calendar year.

:cryingwlaughter:

:unsure: checks maps to make sure that none of those places are near own upcoming travel destinations... :blush:

Actually, I wouldn't even consider that anyone anywhere could truly force me to visit a website, or not - so I am always surprised when I read how people feel they are being "told" not to do stuff, and they take it seriously.

OMG, we were separated at birth!!!

"cut" can mean circumcised, or it can mean that muscles anywhere on the body are quite sharply defined, usually a term used by bodybuilders. Reed's muscles in, say, his chestal area, look quite "cut" or defined.

AHHHHH, I am not familiar with bodybuilding terms!! But the first explanation reminds me of a question someone at work once asked me: "What do you call that useless piece of skin at the end of a penis?"

Mylene is a very intriguing singer. I bet the costuming and staging will be very avant-garde.

She was the first singer to have full frontal nudity in a video!

Ah claytonic.......you work at a very interesting place!

Claytonics it's ok to love the site and I don't want to attack anything that is good for Clay but I will mention, like I do for anything else, my opinion about info posted here. I honestly don't spend time anywhere else but here. Remember my first reacion was who cares, and it's still my reaction, just now I have a ping in the back of my head - that will disappear if that type of thing isn't a habit. Please continue to post Clay information from wherver you ind it.

But my point wasn't really about being factual in Clay reports; it's about this mindset that treats Clay like he is a baby that needs to be protected at all costs (and now I'm speaking about the fandom in general). That needs to inundate any blog no matter how significant with corrections, sometimes in meaner spirit than the original post. The need to go into gay websites that have nothing to do with you and fight it out over the cockroach and tell them the absolute truth of it in excruciating detail. The need to investigate, engage and expose people like you are CSI and turn that into some sort of needy co dependent job that never ends. I am so glad Clay is out becausue that frees him from so many things. Not to mention Scarlett's point.

Unfortunately we ALL take our reputation with us wherever we go. I'm willing to give EVERYONE a chance and not keep a scorecard. Hell my memory is so shot, mostly I just don't remember with whom I have had disagreement or why.

Although I've been an admin for lo these many years I honestly don't know how to use the admin controls to collect information. However, the one thing I DO know that can be done (and this is general knowledge for any board you sign up) is that any email you send from this site can be read. So there is a level of trust that people need to have on any message board. For me that was a counterintuitive type of thing because whenever I wanted to talk shit about anybody in the past I'd email cuz I thought PMs could be read. :cryingwlaughter: I found that out quite by accident a while back on one of the 10 or so times I've even been in the admin area :cryingwlaughter: . I have no idea if this is a common thing on every invision board or what other boards have the capabilities to do. I don't think PMs can be but am not sure. I know there are other board owners out there so it would cool if you could enlighten folks on this issue if you know anything else.

Reed, come back. Hey I thought the Claynation investigaters said he was no longer in Wicked. Congrats Reed.

This was posted at CV:

May 2 2009 8:00P

Nikaïa NICE

May 3 2009 8:00P

Nikaïa NICE

May 5 2009 8:00P

Zénith CLERMONT-FERRAND

May 6 2009 8:00P

Zénith CLERMONT-FERRAND

May 9 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 10 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 12 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 15 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 16 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 18 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 19 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 23 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 24 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 26 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 27 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 30 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

May 31 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

Jun 2 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

Jun 5 2009 8:00P

Zénith STRASBOURG

Jun 6 2009 8:00P

Zénith STRASBOURG

Jun 8 2009 8:00P

Zénith DIJON

Jun 9 2009 8:00P

Zénith DIJON

Jun 12 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 13 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 15 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 19 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Jun 20 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Jun 22 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Sep 4 2009 8:00P

Stade de la Praille GENEVE

Sep 5 2009 8:00P

Sep 11 2009 8:00P

Stade de France PARIS

Sep 12 2009 8:00P

Stade de France PARIS

Sep 19 2009 8:00P

Stade Roi Baudoin BRUXELLES

Hee - hope Clay collects frequent flier miles.

Seriously - what a great job for Reed. I wish him success! I hope that Clay is just as busy this summer and that they have a really, really good long distance telephone plan!

*runs off to feed fantasy

Just because I'm extremely curious - is there any evidence that Reed was in FL with Clay? I know there was the 'heading south' thing, but beyond that? I don't know WHY I am so enthralled with this particular ship, but I am. I WANNA KNOW!!!! I don't need details (I can supply those for myself ;-) but I would love to know if they really are together.

Although I've been an admin for lo these many years I honestly don't know how to use the admin controls to collect information. However, the one thing I DO know that can be done (and this is general knowledge for any board you sign up) is that any email you send can be read. So there is a level of trust that people need to have on any message board. For me that was a counterintuitive type of thing because whenever I wanted to talk shit about anybody in the past I'd email cuz I thought PMs could be read.
I found that out quite by accident a while back on one of the 10 or so times I've even been in the admin area
. I have no idea if this is a common thing on every invision board or what other boards have the capabilities to do. I don't think PMs can be but am not sure.
I know there are other board owners out there so it would cool if you could enlighten folks on this issue if you know anything else.

Couchie, I used to belong to another invision board a few years ago. The owner was a guy who made it a habit to read the member PMs ... and then all hell broke loose when he found out what the members were saying about him!

I don't like PMs much, I prefer to email from my OWN email account.

You know, I can't imagine that Reed is more important to Clay than Parker. So I can't imagine that Clay would leave Parker unless they ALL go (Parker, Jaymes etc). But if Jaymes is in the process of having another baby or even planning for it, it just wouldn't be feasible.

I don't imagine for a minute that Clay would be following Reed around Europe, but the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive (Reed and Parker). That's why God invented airplanes and cellphones and video chats :lilredani:

Deeming it 'not feasible' unless Jaymes and Parker are with him somehow sounds pretty judgemental when you add the 'more important' thing in there. It isn't an 'either/or' thing. Meh.

I'll just be over here in the corner where my fantasy couple are having a wonderful time. *g*

Couchie, I used to belong to another invision board a few years ago. The owner was a guy who made it a habit to read the member PMs ... and then all hell broke loose when he found out what the members were saying about him!

I don't like PMs much, I prefer to email from my OWN email account.

You know, I can't imagine that Reed is more important to Clay than Parker. So I can't imagine that Clay would leave Parker unless they ALL go (Parker, Jaymes etc). But if Jaymes is in the process of having another baby or even planning for it, it just wouldn't be feasible.

Look, (I think I get this from Obama LOL)..I don't think there has to be a rating system on relationships. Hell I have no clue the status of any of Clay's - but I could never guess what is or isn't feasible. After all Clay was apart from Parker when he moved to NYC. A few days here or there is entirely feasible and no one would suffer for it one way or the other.

Wow, didn't know that about PMs. I love PMs because it is just so easy. I still don't think we have access to PMs but everyone here should know the capabilities of any board they use or hell just websites. Everybody wants you to sign up to even visit any more. I have an email address I use for such nonsense and I never use my real address, phone number, or zip code anymore.

ETA: I agree a child matters more on life changing and life decisions but not whether to take a trip or not to take a trip. But I'm not a parent, maybe ya'll see things differently.

I guess for me, the flight from Oz to Europe, USA etc is a very, VERY long time on the plane. I tend to forget that it's not such an ordeal to fly from the US to Europe for a day or two. Heck, when money is no object, it is no big deal to fly from NY to Paris for dinner, and then home again.

ETA: I can't agree about the "rating" on relationships though. For me, there is definitely a rating, and kids always are at the top of the priority list when they are so tiny.

The way I see it, his relationship with Reed may not last forever. His relationship with Parker is a life-time commitment.

I guess for me, the flight from Oz to Europe, USA etc is a very, VERY long time on the plane. I tend to forget that it's not such an ordeal to fly from the US to Europe for a day or two. Heck, when money is no object, it is no big deal to fly from NY to Paris for dinner, and then home again.

ETA: I can't agree about the "rating" on relationships though. For me, there is definitely a rating, and kids always are at the top of the priority list when they are so tiny.

But Clay having an adult life doesn't automatically move his son down the 'priority' list. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Implying Clay (or anyone else) would somehow be lacking as a parent if he has one is just not fair.

Or, what couchie said:

ETA: I agree a child matters more on life changing and life decisions but not whether to take a trip or not to take a trip. But I'm not a parent, maybe ya'll see things differently.

:yeahthat:

muski watches while some Clay fans get out their PDA's, Day-Timers and whatnot in order to evaluate the chances of making a trip to Paris, Milan and Athens in the upcoming calendar year.

:unsure: checks maps to make sure that none of those places are near own upcoming travel destinations... :blush:

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

This was posted at CV:

May 2 2009 8:00P

Nikaïa NICE

May 3 2009 8:00P

Nikaïa NICE

May 5 2009 8:00P

Zénith CLERMONT-FERRAND

May 6 2009 8:00P

Zénith CLERMONT-FERRAND

May 9 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 10 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 12 2009 9:00P

Le Dôme MARSEILLE

May 15 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 16 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 18 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 19 2009 8:00P

Zénith TOULOUSE

May 23 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 24 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 26 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 27 2009 8:00P

Zénith NANTES

May 30 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

May 31 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

Jun 2 2009 8:00P

Zénith ROUEN

Jun 5 2009 8:00P

Zénith STRASBOURG

Jun 6 2009 8:00P

Zénith STRASBOURG

Jun 8 2009 8:00P

Zénith DIJON

Jun 9 2009 8:00P

Zénith DIJON

Jun 12 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 13 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 15 2009 8:00P

Halle Tony Garnier LYON

Jun 19 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Jun 20 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Jun 22 2009 8:00P

Gayant Expo DOUAI

Sep 4 2009 8:00P

Sep 5 2009 8:00P

Sep 11 2009 8:00P

Stade de France PARIS

Sep 12 2009 8:00P

Stade de France PARIS

Sep 19 2009 8:00P

Stade Roi Baudoin BRUXELLES

Unfucking real. :rolleyes:Muski, you're psychic!

This is really turning into stalking and I am NOT kidding.

Did it EVER occur to anyone that maybe Clay and Reed are NOT joined at the hip? That maybe they're just great friends? Or having a fun fling with no commitments? Or just sewing their wild oats with each other? That they each plan to go on living their own lives? And that their personal lives are none of our business?

It just seems a little skeevy to me that some Clay fans are stalking Reed's cyber-space hang-outs. It is not about Reed. No one would give a flying monkey about Reed if not for his relationship (whatever that may be) with Clay. Neither of their personal lives are any of out business. This go so far beyond shipping. It is stalking - plain and simple.

I just don't agree this is stalking. If someone picked up and followed the tour on the hope of seeing Clay THAT would be stalking. This is all public information. You still have the right to be skeeved but it isn't stalking IMO.

My fertile imagination has already done something with the 7 day break between the last two shows.

I also do think it's occured to everyone that we have no idea the status of their relationship. I don't assume it's some love match - maybe it is a fling - it would still generate the same level of interest. And when we find out Clay has moved on to his next fling, I'll move on too :cryingwlaughter:

I just don't agree this is stalking. If someone picked up and followed the tour on the hope of seeing Clay THAT would be stalking. This is all public information. You still have the right to be skeeved but it isn't stalking IMO.

My fertile imagination has already done something with the 7 day break between the last two shows.

I also do think it's occured to everyone that we have no idea the status of their relationship. I don't assume it's some love match - maybe it is a fling - it would still generate the same level of interest. And when we find out Clay has moved on to his next fling, I'll move on too :cryingwlaughter:

Well there's time for a summer tour between June 22 and Sept 4th, just supposing.