#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Hee Scarlett I don't want to stop thinking about that night either! Hee you had a front row seat. I won a poker game and Perusingone won a TV! It was a perfect evening. Great food, great company and to have him sing those songs...just icing on the cake.

You're not going to believe this but I won something too! I just checked my e-mail and found a note from Kristy saying that I had won a Houston Open shirt and cap (one of those that you donated). I didn't even think to check; I was so excited that I forgot about the silent auction. Eeeeee, we're 3-on-3! We should have bought lottery tickets!!!

Uh-oh... what should I tell Kristy when I apologize? I don't think I can say what really happened, that I forgot to claim my silent auction winnings because I was in the Aiken fog. Ideas anyone?

Oh, and thank you so much for sending our picture from our last trip to Spam, preden! It was great to finally meet you and here's hoping for more trips in the near future (for the same reason *wink*)!!!

:BlowKiss:

Oh, and thank you so much for sending our picture from our last trip to Spam, preden! It was great to finally meet you and here's hoping for more trips in the near future (for the same reason *wink*)!!!

:BlowKiss:

Wasn't it Annabear with us? If she doesn't mind I'll put it in forum but how do I that?

I really don't have much content except to say that once again what a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.

*long sigh!*

I think I missed this concert

:hahaha: Hee, tribeca! We all wish!!!

Preden, I think annabear has posted pictures in the members forum so I think it's ok. Or we can PM her first. If ishe's ok, just go to the Spam thread in the members only forum, and post something like this: (cut and paste the text below)

Annabear, Scarlett and preden at the Spam SD:

[img]http://www.stripedsocksirens.com/members/Scarlett/RandomCatchAll2006-08/NYC_JAN_188.jpg[/img]

ETA: *waves to AAIT below!* Glad you got home safely!!!

I'm fine with you posting a pic in the 'members only' thread, preden! :hello:

Speaking of photos... I've kinda missed these... ICG.gif

photoboothspamwithMerle1largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle2largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle3largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle4largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle5largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle6largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed1largercropJPG.jpg

photoboothwithReed2largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed3largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed4largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed5largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed6largercropped.jpg

photoboothspamwithmerlelargercro-1.jpg

photoboothwithReedlargercroppedandf.jpg

And this smile is just too gorgeous not to see again... ICG.gif

GFI_D.jpg

I'm fine with you posting a pic in the 'members only' thread, preden! :hello:

Speaking of photos... I've kinda missed these... ICG.gif

photoboothspamwithMerle1largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle2largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle3largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle4largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle5largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle6largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed1largercropJPG.jpg

photoboothwithReed2largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed3largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed4largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed5largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed6largercropped.jpg

photoboothspamwithmerlelargercro-1.jpg

photoboothwithReedlargercroppedandf.jpg

And this smile is just too gorgeous not to see again... ICG.gif

GFI_D.jpg

ok ty will do that. yes the last pic is really gorgeous to look at.

Just reading along, but noticed two possible thread titles if we are taking nominations:

He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
*I love quirky, obscure references*

What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs
*that could be a thread title for the ages*

Never have been to Australia, but I love seeing pictures of the Sydney Opera House.

I LOVE PAUL McCARTNEY!!He was my first love. The only person I've been a fool over until Clay!!

Well cha cha trusty, you'd think after Paul McCartney's short and disastrous marriage to What'sHerName, that he'd swear off women for a minute or two but nope, seems (according to the media) that he can't exist without a missus and already has his sights on someone ...(I am paraphrasing, OK?)

Now, if you can get a quickie divorce and hire Sarah Palin to intimate the new woman with her gun collection, perhaps you have an even chance at being the new Mrs Mac?!?!?

Never have been to Australia, but I love seeing pictures of the Sydney Opera House.

The SOH is an amazing building. The Concert Hall (from memory ...approx 2400 capacity) is my all-time favorite venue. Backstage is like a maze and it used to be a running joke that there are still a couple of carpenters trying to find their way out! Sydney Harbour is just stunning.

ncgurrl mentioned The Rocks, which is walking distance to the SOH. When I lived in Sydney and had to play tourist guide, The Rocks was always compulsory. I loved those shops.

I think this the telephone game run amuck.

:yeahthat:

I cannot imagine deliberately getting pregnant and giving birth to a second child when the first is just age 1, especially at age 51. I know that Jaymes is in good shape but 2 little ones would be very tiring even with all the nanny help I would presume she'd have.

Hee Scarlett I don't want to stop thinking about that night either! Hee you had a front row seat. I won a poker game and Perusingone won a TV! It was a perfect evening. Great food, great company and to have him sing those songs...just icing on the cake.

You're not going to believe this but I won something too! I just checked my e-mail and found a note from Kristy saying that I had won a Houston Open shirt and cap (one of those that you donated). I didn't even think to check; I was so excited that I forgot about the silent auction. Eeeeee, we're 3-on-3! We should have bought lottery tickets!!!

Uh-oh... what should I tell Kristy when I apologize? I don't think I can say what really happened, that I forgot to claim my silent auction winnings because I was in the Aiken fog. Ideas anyone?

bolding mine

And why not? I'm sure after 6 years of observing fan behaviour she would understand.

Some new pics from Reed's MySpace. No, I didn't go there to get them; they're being passed around on the boards. :)

He's a cutie!!

He surely is!

I cannot imagine deliberately getting pregnant and giving birth to a second child when the first is just age 1, especially at age 51. I know that Jaymes is in good shape but 2 little ones would be very tiring even with all the nanny help I would presume she'd have.

I actually thought that she would try to get pregnant as soon as possible because of her age and the added risks with the passing of time. Also, the advantage of having the kids close together is that they have a playmate. That is just my thinking. If they have a nanny or two (maybe one for each child), it would allow her to catch up on sleep and attend evening events with or without Clay. However, I do get your point... a woman of 50+ really doesn't have the energy of a woman in her mid-20s. Also,while nannies would solve the problem, I suspect both Clay and Jaymes want to be the hands-on primary carers to their own children, which is the way it should be. I guess we have to wait and see. I am dying to see some pics of Parker now that he is close to 6 months old. It will be exciting to see if he inherits the musical talent from both sides.

QUOTE (Lotus @ Jan 30 2009, 03:52 AM) *

I am older than Jaymes and have had complete care of my grandson for almost his whole life - he is almost 14 now, and I think he keeps me younger! Since Jaymes can afford help, I can see why she would want to do this before she gets older. Plus both Jaymes and Clay have extended families, and I do not, so I am jellus.

I think Clay's version of "hands-on" doesn't exclude grandmom(s) and others, just like any other large family.

Plus, while of course she is not getting any younger, I would think it more dicey to wait!

Reed is cute, he does look like Jake G.

My two sons are eleven months apart. The yougner one was, I think, born with bronchitis. Many nights of trying to make sure he was breathing and trying to get his temperature down. It was a lot of work but helped them with their socialization. I didn't have a nanny but also didn't have to work. Our next door neighbor had a ten year old girl and I would pay her to play outside with them. I was the treasurer at the co-op nursery school they belonged to and paid all the bills including the teachers' salaries and filed all the required payroll and other tax returns in return for a discount in the membership fee. This was my breather a few days a week. My mom would take them for some weekends so we could go off and have some time alone. Playbiller helped my mom with them as they could be a handful.

They are each other's best friend and when the oldest visits from the west coast, they are never apart. My husband and I are still close to them and see or talk to them weekly. We decided not to have any more children but wouldn't trade those years for anything.

My mom was in her fifties and two teen agers at home but still loved and had the energy for taking her grandkids for the weekend. I have no doubt that Jaymes could handle more than one child as long as she has friends and family nearby. Through Parker, Clay's family is her family now.

bolding mine

And why not? I'm sure after 6 years of observing fan behaviour she would understand.

I just said that I was so excited over my roommates' prizes -- I wouldn't want to get on Jerome's list or anything like that.

:)

My two sons are eleven months apart. The yougner one was, I think, born with bronchitis. Many nights of trying to make sure he was breathing and trying to get his temperature down. It was a lot of work but helped them with their socialization. I didn't have a nanny but also didn't have to work. Our next door neighbor had a ten year old girl and I would pay her to play outside with them. I was the treasurer at the co-op nursery school they belonged to and paid all the bills including the teachers' salaries and filed all the required payroll and other tax returns in return for a discount in the membership fee. This was my breather a few days a week. My mom would take them for some weekends so we could go off and have some time alone. Playbiller helped my mom with them as they could be a handful.

They are each other's best friend and when the oldest visits from the west coast, they are never apart. My husband and I are still close to them and see or talk to them weekly. We decided not to have any more children but wouldn't trade those years for anything.

My mom was in her fifties and two teen agers at home but still loved and had the energy for taking her grandkids for the weekend. I have no doubt that Jaymes could handle more than one child as long as she has friends and family nearby. Through Parker, Clay's family is her family now.

My two oldest boys are 13 months apart...and although I certainly wasn't 50 when I had them, it was very doable. Somehow, an extra one isn't as much trouble as the first one. They were inseparable while growing up, but are not as close now they are adults. Funnily enough, the one that is nine years younger and was the "pest" is closest to his older brother I think.

My oldest was born with the same problem Parker had, as a matter of fact, and his first 6-9 months were just not fun!

I'm also in the group that thinks it's very possible Jaymes is pregnant again, or trying to get there, because of her age. I do recall Clay mentioning at some point that he would want more than one child, as he didn't want his child suffering from the "only child" thing.

And, I do believe Jaymes had been a member of Clay's (real) family long before Parker came along.

ETA: Scarlett, I think you're already on Jerome's list....with a smily face beside your name. :)

Congrats on your win! I won nothing I bid on...but it was fun to bid, anyway!

Good Morning Everyone,

37 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

49 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Article from the Palm Beach Post, which we searched before we left PB, finding nothing....

Clay Aiken drops in

Now, looking at this, there are a number of the usual problems... :hahaha: Diminutive??? In whose world? :(

I also think it is likely that the $100,000 is not final. I would be surprised if that was a final number, I think it will end up higher than that.

But, in any case, FWIW....

ETA:...and also, in the comments section.....awwww....

Clay was also at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre on Sat night. His pal Broadway Vet Brad somethin or other played the lead.

A coincidence? MJT’s newly appointed Exec Director LIVE at Mirasol…..

hmmmmmmmmm—

"Broadway vet Brad something or other" turns out to be...:)

Brad Oscar at Maltz Jupiter Theatre

And, on another note completely.....also posting this, hope it isn't a duplicate but if it is I don't care because I'm SO PROUD OF TBAF!!

TBAF Inclusive Learning Service Projects

Here's some fuller information, from CANN:

Together We Make a Difference

Congratulations, TBAF...Kristy, Aron, Diane, Clay!

I really don't have much content except to say once again what a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.

I think the songlist was perfect for that venue and although I'm not really a "sunny 99.1 / mellow touch" radio kind of girl for the most part, I could listen to those songs (and more like them) from Clay forever.

I will get to work this weekend to try and recreate the moment for everyone else either through a more thorough recap or other stuff, but meanwhile I'm still deep in the fog and have no wish to emerge.

*long sigh!*

Scarlett... take your time. Who knows how long it will be before you get to experience the Aiken Fog again, so savor it! :cryingwlaughter:

I just watched the video from that CNNetwork article about BAF and it was great. I'm so proud of Clay! I know he really wants the foundation not to rely on his fandom for its existence, and that's smart, but we kinda like being a part of it Clay, so you're stuck with us.

That top picture of Reed is HAWT. Don't care for the second one as much for some reason. Nice chest, tho. :hubbahubba: Wonder what the purpose of that picture was???