#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

I am NOT cheating coss I don't read romantic books.

Romantic songs -

Since I Fell for You - Lenny Welch (a bit of a downer lyrics, but I love it)

Blue Spanish Sky - Chris Izaak

Spanish is a Loving Tongue - Ian and Sylvia

Would You Like to Learn to Dance - Steve Goodman

(Mary Travers does a great version, too) Gorgeous words.

Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan

Dance Me to the End of Love - Leonard Cohen - my favorite

dance me video

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin

Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in

Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove

Dance me to the end of love

Oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone

Let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon

Show me slowly what I only know the limits of

Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on

Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long

We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above

Dance me to the children who are asking to be born

Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn

Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin

Dance me through the panic till I'm gathered safely in

Touch me with your naked hand or touch me with your glove

(Looks around carefully) - sneaking in She by Marianne Faithfull.

lilyshine - Love the book-binding!! They're beautiful! Does it require a lot of expensive equipment?

To do it properly - yes - it does need a lot of equipment. However, a pile of bricks can be substituted for a bookpress and you don't really need a sewing frame and other adaptations can be made. The one essential is a paper cutter strong enough to cut binders' board and it must be able to cut absolutely square corners.

lilyshine... what is the easiest way to learn to do journal making.

I make books in the traditional way - folded signatures sewn over linen tapes and bound in in cloth/paper covered boards. There are lots of places around the country that give workshops. I first learned at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC and have recently taken classes at the Campbell Folk School in North Carolina.

There are lots of places that teach "quick & dirty" ways of putting pages together that are fun and useful if you don't want to get too involved.

I teach a class and the universal response is, "I didn't think it would be so complicated."

If your books show up at a TBAF Gala or a benefit sale somewhere I will be bidding.

AHAHAHA!

I just saw the video where the spotlight won't stay on Quiana for WTLGD so she sits on his lap!

:hahaha:

[/random]

clazycoffin...I gotta say how much fun it is to hear you 'reporting in' after seeing some primo Clack for the first time....ain't it, gals? He's given us soooooo many entertaining, one-of-a-kind pieces of fun! Can't wait to get some more of him...

heh

My first reaction was "poor Quiana" and then I went, "but she's sitting on Clay's lap! I don't feel sorry for her one bit!"

:laugh2:

I couldn't believe I'd missed that for so long! What other primo Clack have I not seen yet? This requires some deep, thorough research!

Clayzy, who's version of that clack did you see? That's a performance that needs to be seen in a couple of different viewpoints. It's good to see one facing Quiana directly, but there's also clack (I think it's from Scarlett?) that can see Clay's face during it too. That's classic...I love seeing him mouth the words along with her.

ITA with muski, it's so much fun to introduce new fans to old clack.

I'd honestly suggest any of the banter from the 2006 Christmas shows. To me, that tour was the Clay Aiken comedy hour (and a half), and the banter from that tour makes me smile every time I think of it.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure... I thought it was Spotlightlover, but I might be confusing that with another clip. I could see Clay's face, though, so maybe not Spot.

ETA: Nopity, nope, goldarngirl is right, it was canfly!!

Clayzy, who's version of that clack did you see? That's a performance that needs to be seen in a couple of different viewpoints. It's good to see one facing Quiana directly, but there's also clack (I think it's from Scarlett?) that can see Clay's face during it too. That's classic...I love seeing him mouth the words along with her.

ITA with muski, it's so much fun to introduce new fans to old clack.

I'd honestly suggest any of the banter from the 2006 Christmas shows. To me, that tour was the Clay Aiken comedy hour (and a half), and the banter from that tour makes me smile every time I think of it.

Nope. Not Scarlett. :pickme:

Hmmm.... I'm not sure... I thought it was Spotlightlover, but I might be confusing that with another clip. I could see Clay's face, though, so maybe not Spot.

Nope. Not Spot. :pickme:

ETA: Nopity, nope, goldarngirl is right, it was canfly!!

:curtsie:

Hmmm.... I'm not sure... I thought it was Spotlightlover, but I might be confusing that with another clip. I could see Clay's face, though, so maybe not.

:pickme:

I think it was canfly's that showed his face the best? If I'm not mistaken.

:pickme: :curtsie: Listen to the woman will ya, lol.

I was sitting with Nickikiwi way off Row B left orchestra...sort of a good news/bad news scenario. Ya get some great views. Ya get some sucky views.

I was glad that we ended up over there because while things are hit or miss because I was shooting around heads with the camera on my knee to half-hide from venue security, being way off-side gave us the only view of Clay's face behind Quiana. I think only about the first 5 or 6 rows left orchestra would have gotten to see his face.

When he was in front of me at one point, I got "the look"...the one where he knows somebody is taking clack of him. I got one EF out of the deal, lol.

Back to my quotarama of the last page, lol.

OK, you talked me into it. Do you think they should have Clay illustrations or just be normal books?

I would not make them too Claycentric. However, perhaps a quote from Clay could be used on the half title page or title page. I think you could play with some ideas and see how it works out.

On kids with disabilities:

"...kids without disabilities learn a lot from kids with disabilities. There are so many things that are so much bigger than what to wear that day. I don’t feel sorry for children with disabilities. I feel excited for them for the opportunities that they do have."

"It's important that I make a difference in some way. It's not necessarily how I make a difference, but I want to make sure that I do."

"It's important that I make a difference in some way. If it's performing and touching someone that way, that's great; if it's being a teacher and helping some kid understand something, that's even better..."

In my ideal world, no child would suffer. Charitable instincts would prevail. There would be global acceptance of all different types of people.

There are many quotes over at Brainy Quote and at Clay Aiken the Ideal Idol. Google Clay Aiken Quotes and you will find lots of pages of quotes. Many are duplicates, though.

http://clayaikentheidealidol.com/quotesfromclay.html

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/clay_aiken.html

Can someone explain to me why those pictures aren't allowed to be posted at the OFC. I am confused by that (I get confused a lot).

Thanks Canfly for asking all this questions.

:curtsie:

Usually for ever person who asks a question, there are 3 or 4 others who are wondering but don't ask for whatever reason.

sorry canfly... hit the aA button -- bold itallic underline aA

the strikethrough is an option there.

Hmmmmm...OK...zat's EZ. Thanks Tomatolady!!! :confetti-1:

Even Justclay should be able to do THAT.... Oh wait...nevermind...what am I THINKING? She can't even quote yet. :rolleyes:

Trying out the sub-script and superscript options

It's a good thing other people know how to do that stuff, cuz you know me, I just learned how to do the emotes.

Yeah and ya still can't follow quoting directions.

:dan:

Well, if you wouldn't put all that other damned shit in the instructions, I might figure it out. Not that I'd do it, cuz if it involves too many steps, it's just not worth it.

Can I help it if you have a short attention span?

Can someone explain to me why those pictures aren't allowed to be posted at the OFC. I am confused by that (I get confused a lot).

Thanks Canfly for asking all this questions.

I'm not totally sure of all the details, but one of the things about posting things at the OFC is that once you do, the pictures become "the property" of the OFC. If you don't want the OFC to "own" your pictures, you probably shouldn't do it. I don't think I can go into any more detail than that, because I don't know myself!

Have these been on this page yet?

20090308_JFK_01.jpg

20090308_JFK_02.jpg

20090308_JFK_03.jpg

20090308_JFK_04.jpg

Yup, once posted at the OFC, pictures become the property of the OFC...so I heard somebody was thanking mee2u2 for these, so I guess her contact is back in place. She would absolutely not want these to be posted at the OFC. Zippy is very particular about her pix also and always takes them to indicate that they should not be posted there.

One of the things that makes me laugh and :wub: about those pictures, is I see he has the same problem with his earphone cord that I do :lol: It gets all wound around between your ears and the centre connector and you end up getting strangled by it! :lol: If I didn't know better, on a quick glance it looks like he's wearing a cowboy hat with a string and a whistle. :hysterical:

So true, lol. I hadn't really paid attention to that particular detail. He apparently couldn't be bothered to untwist the cords... that twisty tie issue again I guess.

IYKWIMAITYD

Oooh! OOOOOH!

:pickme:

I know what that means (this is for the benefit of all you acronym-baffled Clay fans! ;)--"If You Know What I Mean And I Think You Do"--said, of course with a :sleezy:

And yes, merrieee....as I'm sure you already suspected, I certainly do KWYM! :hubbahubba:

I'm glad you answered because I was going to ask. I had "You Know What I Mean" but couldn't figure out the first "I" and the last part, lol.

I'm too lazy to go back and look where it appeared, but what does EF stand for? Something where canfly172 was talking about Clay knowing canfly172 was Clacking.

That would be the eye boink, to be a little more tactful. Clay is the master of them. Kills ya dead. Try watching some I Survived You videos. Wow.

I consider myself a true connoisseur of the Ft. Myers clack -- and the very best way to watch Quiana-in-Clay's-lap is from scruffy13's montages, which allows viewing from both angles, and shouldn't be missed! The Ft. Myers montages are in three parts, and Spotlight/WTLGD begins about 6:00 into 21b. My advise is to go ahead and download all of it -- 21a, 21b, and 21c. This is Triple A Fine Clack, my friends. And, 21a has Clay confiscating Our Girl's camera and making that great personal Clack of his own! Again, from "all" angles -- the Clay and Scarlett Clack.

For anyone who doesn't know how to find it at CU ...

Montages

scruffy13 (17th from the bottom)

Best of SRHPT 2007

So, do you think I like it?

The whole night was memorable -- and I wasn't even there except in spirit *boo hoo* But I have the Clack. And .... I'll always have West Palm ..... *big sigh*

I'm too lazy to go back and look where it appeared, but what does EF stand for? Something where canfly172 was talking about Clay knowing canfly172 was Clacking.

That would be the eye boink, to be a little more tactful. Clay is the master of them. Kills ya dead. Try watching some I Survived You videos. Wow.

Ya ain't that tactful at NNHB, lol. :hahaha:

I guess somehow, I feel like I ought not type out the "f" word here but others do, lol. Eyefuck. :curtsie:

I consider myself a true connoisseur of the Ft. Myers clack -- and the very best way to watch Quiana-in-Clay's-lap is from scruffy13's montages, which allows viewing from both angles, and shouldn't be missed! The Ft. Myers montages are in three parts, and Spotlight/WTLGD begins about 6:00 into 21b. My advise is to go ahead and download all of it -- 21a, 21b, and 21c. This is Triple A Fine Clack, my friends. And, 21a has Clay confiscating Our Girl's camera and making that great personal Clack of his own! Again, from "all" angles -- the Clay and Scarlett Clack.

For anyone who doesn't know how to find it at CU ...

Montages

scruffy13 (17th from the bottom)

Best of SRHPT 2007

So, do you think I like it?

The whole night was memorable -- and I wasn't even there except in spirit *boo hoo* But I have the Clack. And .... I'll always have West Palm ..... *big sigh*

I'm glad that I was there for that! I was laughing my ass off when I realized he was talking to Scarlett...and I think I said that on tape to Nicki but then I tried to shut up, lol.

There are moments in the touring that are precious because they touched our hearts. Wilkes-Barre was the first, Long Island... dang, my memory... the night he first sang Emmanuel... the night after he missed the big note in AIW, the Oct Gala, etc.

There are many others that are so funny they became instant classics. I happened to be at Pala for the hysterical singing to Flat Clay. It hurts so good to laugh that hard.

Another of my faves was the JNAT06 when he made some comment about Kelly and a bunch of the fans stood up. He said, "you don't like her do you?" and the whole audience shouted, "NO!!!" He and Jessie just about bust a gut and it is sooo funny to watch.

Another favorite is the NAT in Vermont when Felix called it a city and Clay could not for the life of him keep a straight face for WDC. Side-busters!!!

Clay... we need some more a' that there funny stuff! Soon!!!

Another favorite is the NAT in Vermont when Felix called it a city and Clay could not for the life of him keep a straight face for WDC. Side-busters!!!

that was hilarious and one of my favorite concert moments too. That was a really weird audience to be a part of IMO and that whole thing seemed to be the great thaw. I think it all depended on where you sat though... on our side of the aisle the ushers worked very hard to keep us in our seats and sitting down.

There are moments in the touring that are precious because they touched our hearts. Wilkes-Barre was the first, Long Island... dang, my memory... the night he first sang Emmanuel... the night after he missed the big note in AIW, the Oct Gala, etc.

There are many others that are so funny they became instant classics. I happened to be at Pala for the hysterical singing to Flat Clay. It hurts so good to laugh that hard.

Another of my faves was the JNAT06 when he made some comment about Kelly and a bunch of the fans stood up. He said, "you don't like her do you?" and the whole audience shouted, "NO!!!" He and Jessie just about bust a gut and it is sooo funny to watch.

Clay... we need some more a' that there funny stuff! Soon!!!

Liney, it's a bit scary to recall how many of those I saw firsthand. BTW, it was the JBT (not the NAT) in Vermont. I know, I know I'm being picky when you're bringing up good memories.

Thanks! :thankyou: And btw, I received the package in the mail. Thank you 2x! :BlowKiss:

ETA: FromClaygary, how did the dyeing class go? Did you use acid dyes or Procion or both? Hope you had a great time!

that was hilarious and one of my favorite concert moments too. That was a really weird audience to be a part of IMO and that whole thing seemed to be the great thaw. I think it all depended on where you sat though... on our side of the aisle the ushers worked very hard to keep us in our seats and sitting down.

Gosh, I think I could speak for fans who, for whatever reason, didn't get on the Clay train when it first took off in 2003. I'd love to have an account of each special concert, the ones with the special moments as mentioned above, and it could be a combined effort because ONE person may not remember everything.

The stories could then be compiled as an e-book, with links to YT clips. Or perhaps even have some hard-copies done, accompanied by DVDs of the clips mentioned. It would one day make a great gift for Parker, perhaps on his 20th birthday, which is the year Clay turns 50. Or (barring copyright breaches) it could become a fund-raising collector's item for BAF. Also, an e-book of press clippings. I can see it being a prized possession for new Clay fans. Like Clayzycoffin, I am still stumbling across stuff I didn't know about or am seeing for the first time. There is just so much of it and my biggest problem is trying to figure out when or where something happened and what it was all about. Watching the concert clips can be very frustrating when you don't understand some background information to something that happened and the audience is laughing and i have no idea what they are laughing about.

I know it would be time-consuming but if there is no deadline, it doesn't matter. Also, when you guys discuss these details, it is an opportunity for everyone - founding members and new members, to re-live or simply newly experience the moments that Clay himself may have forgotten.

Why was it a weird audience to be part of ?

I have seen that clip & it was cute & funny. The audience was so nice, loud & into the show. Surprised the ushers tried to keep people sitting down. Most concerts people stand up.

I also remember a clip of Clay sitting at a piano saying something about the lady in 4th row (?) didn't sit down when she was taping him. She said "We want to see you when we get home" and Clay said "the people behind you can't see me now!"

how I wish I had gone to those early concerts. They looked like so much fun. I never had money and/or didn't know about the concerts until after they already happened. I still don't have money I just go anyway :)