Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Claytonic, I haven't been to Charice's website for sometime now until justclay12 mentioned her name. Today I watched a clip of her singing as a guest in an Italian musical variety show where international singers are invited and another from her own video singing Star Spangled Banner at Dodgers Stadium for the LA game vs SF Giants last April 13.

After listening to Charice, I went back to Clay's videos in YouTube. I did that three weeks ago when I compared all AI alumni and other artists who sang SSB. Here I am again, looking at a cute face, hearing a beautiful voice and enjoying it even if it's not a love song he is singing.

BTW the one by videoluvr has the most viewed and most comments among Clay's anthem clips. Viewers are still posting comments; the last post was 9 hours ago.

We never get enough of Clay, do we? If I understood the FCA philosophy right, I think it also means we may talk about other things, Susan or Charice for awhile but the journey is Clay; the rest are layovers. Still, I hope the artists I named here all succeed because they have different styles, genres, ages, and fans.

Scarlett, I'm glad you liked that version. You can also watch a clip from the play itself where Lea performs as Fantine.

I still haven't seen "Forrest Gump" to this day, and when I finally saw "Titanic" (after 3 years), I was like -- "that's it?" I wasn't blown away to tears by Susan's voice, but as I said earlier, I think the audience reaction is the most interesting thing.

I hated Forrest Gump! I did not want to see Titanic because my great-uncle went down with her and when I was a kid I remember the family still talking about how sad it was. But the best part about that movie was when the ship hit the iceberg, a teenager behind me, in the theater, said really loud to her friend "Do you think it's going to sink"? We couldn't help but burst out laughing!

Susan Boyle? Yes way too overexposed! The competition isn't even over yet.

merrieee, now that bolded part just cracked me up!

I never could understand the hoopla over Titanic. I saw it once because I needed to see what all the commotion was about. The scene in the ocean where so many drowned was very difficult to watch. I can imagine how my reaction would have magnified if I lost a relative in that disaster. Actually, although Leonard C was okay in the movie, i was not compelled to see him in anything else. But after seeing him in The Departed and another more recent film (directed by Ridley Scott, can't remember the name) my appreciation for him has grown by leaps and bounds. I think he is an amazing actor. And he scored points with me by approaching Clay at the AFI's way, way back when when Clay talked about knowing no one at the celebrity events. I think it was an AFI thing honoring DiNiro. It just seemed like a nice thing for Leonard C. to do.

MaMia the movie. Too long and too loud. The first half was more entertaining than the second half for me. I first saw the play in Toronto. I was there for a conference during the height of the SARS epidemic and they had unexpected seats available. I was never an ABBA fan but love theatre. i was so impressed, loved the show, became a HUGE Abba fan. The cast was fantastic. Saw it again on Broadway a few years later because my neices husband's roommate from college had the role of the daughter's fiance. I really did not think the casting over all was as strong as the touring company. The actress who played the daughter just was not a good singer. And that part has some of the prettiest songs in the show. My nephew in law asked his friend about her and she was the regular. His friend said the sub was better. My nephew's friend was good and cute, the role is just not that big. He let us come on stage after the show let us. My broadway debut.

Okay, i have a refrigerator and pantry that are just screaming for my attention.

beryl I really enjoyed the sentiment you expressed here:

We never get enough of Clay, do we? If I understood the FCA philosophy right, I think it also means we may talk about other things, Susan or Charice for awhile but the journey is Clay; the rest are layovers. Still, I hope the artists I named here all succeed because they have different styles, genres, ages, and fans.

Are you a relatively new fan?

My trick lately is to buy fresh ingredients rather than processed or pre-packaged stuff......i.e. when chicken breast is on sale, I buy lots and put most in the freezer. Cook up a pound or two and slice it up and put it in the fridge so that I can use it for easy quick dinners like chicken caesar salad, chicken fried rice or chicken quesadillas. Buy lots of fresh fruit and chop it up and put it in containers to pick at for snacks, etc.

ETA: jamar, I love your suggestions, too! And ITA about packing up containers for lunch....I usually cook up a big pot of something on the weekend and then I have lunches all week, premade. Recently I've made a minestrone soup, a beef stew, a brocolli/cauliflower creamed soup, etc. I have an obession with Food TV and it inspires me to experiment, LOL. So what if the kids won't eat it? I know I will.

I don't really care how well or poorly a movie is reviewed, but I will rely on friends' recommendations if I have similar tastes. I think I probably own both Forrest Gump and Titanic in some format, LOL! I rented Mama Mia and really didn't like it at all.

I'm looking forward to following Susan Boyle's progress on the British show via clips on the internet.

I'm enjoying a couple days away from the disasterous mess of my kitchen renovation, while they lay the ceramic tiles in the kitchen. Piper puppy and I are visiting with my Mom and my daughter in Toronto. Hopefully, by the time I get home tonight, I will be able to walk on the half of the floor that leads to the sliding door to the yard (so I can let the dog out). Then, by tomorrow, I should be able to get to my stove area to cook. *fingers crossed* Cabinets and counters will be installed by Saturday, YAY! And then off to NYC for a few days.

I've heard that models eat tissue. Good fiber but not much nutritional value. :clay:

BWAH

thanks for the tips.how do ya'll keep fruit and veggies fresh. I'm finding i need to buy those items once a week or I throw a lot of things out. Chow mein has become my new thing. I freeze my leftover meat and can make a chow mein in about 15 minutes with whatever veggies are in the house. I get my chow mein noodles at the dollar store. I'm scared to buy anything perishable in the dollar store. I mean they had eggs just sitting in the ailse by the register. I don't trust their freezers or refrigerator. I wont't even buy bread or vegetables for fear of being poisoned LOL.

Of course we can talk about other things. I don't recall anyone saying we couldn't.

I just personally am not the kind to jump-on-the-bandwagon-because-everyone-else-is-all-gaga about something. And it tends to turn me off to that very thing the more I'm told I really should check it out. That's all I'm saying. :shrug:

Hey I'd post the links to Twin's highlight videos every day and blahblahblah about them forever if I thought anyone here would be interested... :hahaha: But yeah. I don't.

---

changed my edit to a new post...

Hey I'd post the links Twin's highlight videos every day and blahblahblah about them forever if I thought anyone here would be interested... :hahaha: But yeah. I don't.

:cryingwlaughter: THANK YOU! And I'll avoid doing the same for the NBA Playoffs. Yep I'm talking about Playoffs heee.

I need to go find a place to talk about The Wire. Lord my whole family is hooked. But since the entire show is over and we just finished up season 1 don't know where fresh ongoing convos are happening. I can't believe i used to turn the channel when this came on. Who knew? It's immediately up there in top ten shows ever for me.

I found my ipod which had been lost for a couple weeks. Whew. I missed Clay.... I so need to move my itunes to my laptop but I'm just plain scared to do it for fear of losing EVERYTHING.

Lucky..good luck living through the renovations...seems like it's almost over.

Couchie I have the same problem with fresh fruits and veggies. And I do tend to spend more to buy smaller sizes. But I figure it isn't worth buying a larger size if I have to throw stuff out. I've discovered I can only buy 2 bananas a week. I get them just how I like them (just barely yellow and the other side of crunchy) and eat them the next two days. Other than that it's apples, because I know I can buy a 3lb bag when they go on sale and they will keep. Last week I had a wild hair and bought a pineapple but even having some every night with supper I wasn't able to finish it all. My veggie staples are a 12 oz bag of baby supremes carrots and an 8 oz bag of sugar snap peas. They usually keep through the week. If I get a bag of bean sprouts or spinach (both of which I love) I have to really work to get through them before they go bad.

Reading these last two pages has been an absolute relief to me because I finally am reading that someone else did NOT enjoy "Mama Mia"......my daughter and I went with great expectations because all our friends were saying"wow"( one of my friends went 8 times...good Lord). Well, I almost had to quit my job when I announced that both of us could not wait for it to end. My coworkers almost lynched me..... :hahaha: not really, I'm exaggerating a wee bit. I thought it would make a good stage musical but it didn't work on the big screen and it ruined the way I now look at Pierce Brosnan ..forever....................God, it feels good to get that off my chest. Thank you. FCA...WHAT A GREAT PLACE!! :clap:

The same thing with the Titanic.....my neighbour and I went to see it and we are coming out of the theater and everyone's crying and we're looking at each other going.."what the hey??". Then again we grew up in Halifax and that story had been told 5 million times at least so nothing was a shock to us...except that Leonardo was on the Titanic...who knew !!!! :hahaha::Iluvclaysbutt:

I can't stand opera. I don't know why I thought I would enjoy the play. We saw it in Minneapolis many years ago. The only way I would see it again is if Clay were in it. Even then, I think I would only go once. Ewwww!!

Are you watching the Twins? I hope they can sweep the Angels. It is nice to see Torii back under the dome.

Of course I'm watching! We just took the lead. I don't mind Torii coming home as long as he doesn't do too well. :hahaha:

Yeah. I feel the same way about opera. I should have known better. We just saw it last year here in Omaha and had great seats and everything. Ewww indeed. But it's the type of thing that many many many other people looooooooove. And they will tell you about it.

But it's the type of thing that many many many other people looooooooove. And they will tell you about it.

Gee. Sounds like an awful lot of Clay Aiken fans.

*ducks*

For veggies, I buy fresh on the weekend, eat them up as soon as possible, and then rely on bagged frozen for the rest of the week. Fruits are a different story -- but that's why I LOVED those infamous HoneyCrisp apples. I could buy a peck of those and they would last for 2 weeks, easily. Yes, they cost more, but if I actually used them...it was worth it.

Gotta go in to work for a bit. Yuck.

I'm one of those who loves Phantom - the stage presentation. The movie? Sucks. Really sucks.

All this talk of Les Mis makes me want to see it again.

Baby carrots & sugar snap peas are main veggies for the week too, jamar. The peas are really good with almond butter - yum! I've found that kiwi fruit lasts well. So does any kind of citrus.

I hated Mama Mia (except for Pierce Brosnan's singing, which sent me into gales of hysterical laughter), hated Titanic, hated Forrest Gump and out and out detested the Broadway production of Cats.

I'm completely out of step with modern culture.

Susan Boyle - eh, not that impressed. Pretty enough voice. Lots of people have them. I'm happy for her, though. I hope she doesn't get too badly exploited.

Mama Mia - loved that cheesy movie. It made me smile and want to dance.

Titanic - saw it, don't really remember much except that Leo was cute.

Forrest Gump - saw it early and loved it.

Slumdog Millionaire- saw it late and liked it, but was disappointed. Too Hollywood. See, it's the hype that turns some of us off.

I don't like much by Andrew Lloyd Weber - way too overwrought for me.

Basketball Playoffs! :clap:

Everything about baseball season! :clap:

CLAY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am afraid I am hopelessly out of the loop when it comes to pop culture...I don't go to the movies...I much prefer older movies. Hubby and I did go and see Wicked here in Chicago and we both loved it...but other than that and the Clay concerts I have been to, I don't go to live theater much.

Believe it or not, the only music I listen to is Clay...although when hubby is in the car driving we listen to the oldies stations, 60's and 70's.

Lord, am I boring or what! :cryingwlaughter:

It has been raining here today, so I spent the day curled up on the couch with my crossword book while hubby worked on the living room renovation. Yesterday he painted the wall we are putting a closet on; it is a caramel/nougat color and turned out very nice...I was afraid it might be too dark. The other color is going to be a deep red. Not too much, but I love red and wanted some in the living room. Today he framed out the closet...we have walls! I have been wanting to re-do this room for so long and I am so excited that it is finally coming together!

Kim

Well now aikim, I saw Wicked in NYC last November and as I posted, my husband and I couldn't wait for it to end. I didn't even notice any exceptional dancers in the cast. :believeitornot:

I dislike Forrest Gump, Titanic, Gone with the Wind and numerous other famous movies but absolutely loved The Diving Bell and the Butterfly about a man who wrote a book by blinking his eyes. Good thing we have choices as many of us differ. As a kid I loved baseball and would go to sleep with it on the radio even on a school night. Now, you couldn't pay me to watch much of it. :shrug:

OMG, Gone with the Wind! I hated that sorryass depressing movie--and had to sit through it interminable times when my niece came to live with me. Her favorite.

PS: I loved the Diving Bell film also. So interesting.

I now have Dragon NaturallySpeaking and I think this will help me in doing my recaps. So far it's not making any mistakes I don't think.

This is excessively cool of course now it turns out that I should have read the directions a little better because I'm having a hard time correcting stuff. But we will see. I am going to install this on my laptop and hopefully ramble on pointlessly about Shanghai.

I love Gone With The Wind...have actually read the book a couple of times.

Kim