Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

oh.my.God!!!!

I would DIE and GO TO HEAVEN if Clay would do Phantom of the Opera!! See, I floved it--

I love Michael Crawford!!

and I think I'd lose it to hear Clay sing "Music Of The Night".

I guess I'm in the minority here...as a Phantom Phan...

I also loved Phantom of the Opera, saw it last August. But I really would rather see Clay at a concert this time. I enjoyed seeing him at Spamalot but it wasn't Clay. But if that what it takes to see him again, I'm in. I'm hoping for the gala in Oct though.

Oh, Lotus, that concert sounded wonderful, hopefully there will be film or , uh, Lack?

I can just hear him singing Famous Blue Raincoat, and I love Who By Fire....and all the rest!!!!!!!

Thanks for that link!!!!!!!!

There is a DVD available now of the London concert...Live in London.

Hallelujah from London concert

Now see, I love Top Gear - especially when they accidentally (?) set fire to things...Pern ruled! Sometimes I just love really silly, stupid stuff (Buckaroo Bonzai in the 23rd Century anyone?)...I think the only genre of movie I'm willing to assume I like are the old Technicolor full blown musicals - like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and High Society or funny ones with Cary Grant like Arsenic and Old Lace. Apparently many of them were/are Broadway productions too - I just don't wanna see them on Broadway....I don't think even Clay could make me like POTO (or Les Miz) I've read Pride and Prejudice and thought it was sort of "ok"..don't quite get the intense passion over it. It was full of annoying people (even those making "ten thousand a year" - what the hell was he doing, selling opium?). Speed Racer (the cartoon, not the movie) was utter perfection. I prefer the Adam West incarnation of Batman to all those who followed. And I liked the M*A*S*H books better than either the movie or the series. Two of my favorite recent books are One Good Turn: A Natural History of the Screwdriver and the Screw and Mauve: How One Man Invented a Color That Changed the World (sometimes I am just too geeky for words; but I loved the books). I like my history with a little story telling, which is why I have whole shelves of Roberta Gellis and W. E. B. Griffin (any dude who joins not one, but two chapters of the Flat Earth Society is interesting). And until Saturday night, I had never heard of the "one foot on the floor" rule. And can't believe people apparently utilized it.

Y'all wanna do Thursday for Vietnamese?

I wanna go for Vietnamese this week too! But that's no different than any other week, hee. I could eat it every meal.

Don't care about POTO cuz I've never seen it (or any other show, hee). I may have seen GWTW once a long time ago but I don't remember much about it. I like a lot of different movies....love the whole Silence Of The Lambs/Red Dragon/Hannibal series, love the British Cracker series (which was really a TV series there but more like movies when they showed them here), love the early Elvis movies (especially King Creole), like certain romantic comedies, like psychological thrillers but not gory horror stuff, tend to get into things in phases, like my current obsession with watching all 5 seasons of Grey's Anatomy to pass the time.

Completely O/T: I took my puppy to visit her previous owner on the weekend, because she and I have been corresponding by email and I thought it would be fun. Piper was hesitant when we first got there, as though she didn't remember, but once inside the house, she took off as she recognized her previous sisters, and they had a blast! It was so cute, she'd go to her previous master for some pets and praise, then look over at me and run over for more pets and praise.....when it came time to leave, she happily let me put her leash on and take her to the car. No confusion at all, and her previous owner thanked me profusely for bringing her. She said she knew she'd made the right decision in choosing us as her family, which is pretty cool, I think. :puppykiss:

I love the movies. I have way too many favorites to even list. The worst movie I have ever seen is "The English Patient." It was so boring. I will never understand how it got so many accolades. I think at the time everyone I knew said they "loved" it because it was the thing to say. I think they were afraid to say that it was awful. I was so happy when Elaine on Seinfeld came right out and said that she hated that movie, and that it was awful. That was the first time that I had someone that agreed with me even though she was just a character on a TV show. I do like "Gone With The Wind." I especially liked when Rhett walked away from Scarlett, and she said, "I'll cry tomorrow." Strong woman, she had better things to do today! I loved that.

I do not like violent movies, and when something really bad happens in a movie, like "The Changeling" for example, I feel bad and have to go home and watch Clack because it makes me feel better. It does not take long for Clay to have me laughing out loud. His smile and his laugh are infectious.

I go to the movies every Thursday. Yes, my friend and I do sometimes watch a lot of lemons, but our attitude is "How do we know if we will like it or not if we do not go?" We do walk out if the movie is really bad.

I also did not like the English Patient, but watched it all. I have only walked out on one movie, and I know that some people probably liked it, and that was The Hitchhiker Guide to the Universe. I thought it was stupid and I did not get it. I also think one of the worst movies I went and saw was called the Cameleon. Our paper gave it a four star and it was horrible. My friend and I stayed just because we had paid for it. I would not do that again. Two hours of my life I would not get back.

I have shut off movies that we have rented but right now I can not think of titles.

I can not wait for career news. I just want to hear him sing. Everytime I get into the car for my 5o minute drive to work I listen to TBOCA or OMWH. As I said before I love Sacrifial Love and have to hear it whenever I am driving.

I also love Sacrificial Love. I can't wait for Clay to sing it in concert. As to the four star movies, my GF and I have learned that the stars are strictly subjective, and a lot of the times, we don't really care for the four star movie. We just go by what we think we will like from the previews that we see when we go to the movies. The majority of the time, we do well that way even though sometimes we like different type of movies. It evens out. Sometimes, it is a movie she wants to see. Other times it is one I want to see. I really want to see "Sunshine Cleaning." Have any of you seen it?

Completely O/T: I took my puppy to visit her previous owner on the weekend, because she and I have been corresponding by email and I thought it would be fun. Piper was hesitant when we first got there, as though she didn't remember, but once inside the house, she took off as she recognized her previous sisters, and they had a blast! It was so cute, she'd go to her previous master for some pets and praise, then look over at me and run over for more pets and praise.....when it came time to leave, she happily let me put her leash on and take her to the car. No confusion at all, and her previous owner thanked me profusely for bringing her. She said she knew she'd made the right decision in choosing us as her family, which is pretty cool, I think. :puppykiss:

There is a study out somewhere that says dogs can smell/sense a DNA string. It is not just that they can recognize their family members, they can recognize yours, too. I find it something that is easy to believe because I have seen it in action. Our dog Sam was old and crotchety. He would have nothing to do with strangers and would just as soon eat them alive as look at them. Luckily he was a miniature dog. My husband's brother and his family came out from back east to visit. When the family walked into the house I braced myself for a barking frenzy. What I saw instead was Sam calmly rise from his bed sniff a few times and then walk over to greet everyone with a wagging tail. Years later when we adopted Nigel we had a family Christmas celebration with lots of adults and kids. Again, a sniff or two and Nigel was his happy rambunctious self. I have a photo of him standing guard over the latest baby in the family. That baby is now fifteen and until his last days Nigel had a special bond with her.

Desertrose, never heard of Sunshine Cleaning. We always do Netflix, I'll look for it on there.

One of the most unlikely films that I thought I would never like was "Pan's Labyrinth". I rented it for my husband who is a big sci fi/ fantasy fan. We both loved it.

Clay is it time yet? :waiting:

Y'all wanna do Thursday for Vietnamese?

K, Thursday it is! So, where is the place again? Or do you and keepingfaith want me to pick you up since I'm on half-day that day. (kf, I park in the lot bordered by Clay St/Travis/Bell St/Milam -- do you want to meet me there?)

Fave actors who had cameos in HP -- David Thewlis as Lupin (last saw him as Verlaine in Total Eclipse), Alan Rickman as Snape, Maggie Smith as McGonagall, John Cleese as NearlyHeadless Nick and Robert Pattinson as Cedric Diggory (ok, that's not really a cameo but someday it may be considered one).

ETA: Oh, how did I forget Ralph Fiennes as He-who-must-not-be-named.

ETAA:

Would love to have been there ... or at least on the speaker phone, Scarlett! :imgtongue:

Caro, if you like seafood just say when and where! Your state or ours?

*grumbles that I almost missed Caro's note because I can normally search for 'Scarlett' to find posts where people said something to me but somehow I got too many false hits/posts from last night that were talking about some other 'Scarlett'... :o !*

While the rest of you have been talking movies/pop culture/likes and dislikes, I've been busy at work. Now that I share an office with someone who is there almost all the time, I don't have nearly the time to check the boards.

OTOH...this means that I'm bringing stuff over from getclayaiken that was posted a few hours ago! And I think they both originated at CV!

Hey, remember when we went a bit crazy with those MySpace random Clay pic searches last Jan?

One of sylvie's finds turned up on Twitter trying to pass as a current shot.

posted by beachgal at CV:

Finally, a twitter we can all believe in. It looks like Clay is still in NC and he got locked into buying a new car. giggle.gif

http://twitpic.com/3ocui

"even celebs like clay aiken get locked in. check out him and his new saab convertible"

I hadn't noticed until someone posted this, but that's the car he drove to the hospital when Parker was born.

th_20080808-006-Hospital.jpg

Also, Faye did an interview on G105, promoting the Southern Women's show and the BAF. She talked a little about Clay at the end. I can't get the thing to open for me, so I will have to wait till it's vaulted somewhere, but according to cotton at CV, here's a bit of what she said about Clay:

Faye said she went to see Clay and he showed her a spot he was going to plant some shrubs. ( not strawberries, I'm pretty sure) The next time she talked to him he'd changed his mind. She was laughing just like she did when she found out he'd gotten a puppy. She was telling him, "What? You've never planted anything in your life!" hee

they asked if he was still on B'way, Faye said he'd finished that in Jan.

Talked about him being busy with meetings, etc, looking at options. That even though he didn't have "anything going on right now, that he hadn't really had much time off. She did mention "another Broadway" possibility.

Here's the link, if any of you can give a listen.

Faye on G105

Also, Faye did an interview on G105, promoting the Southern Women's show and the BAF. She talked a little about Clay at the end. I can't get the thing to open for me, so I will have to wait till it's vaulted somewhere, but according to cotton at CV, here's a bit of what she said about Clay:

Faye said she went to see Clay and he showed her a spot he was going to plant some shrubs. ( not strawberries, I'm pretty sure) The next time she talked to him he'd changed his mind. She was laughing just like she did when she found out he'd gotten a puppy. She was telling him, "What? You've never planted anything in your life!" hee

they asked if he was still on B'way, Faye said he'd finished that in Jan.

Talked about him being busy with meetings, etc, looking at options. That even though he didn't have "anything going on right now, that he hadn't really had much time off. She did mention "another Broadway" possibility.

Here's the link, if any of you can give a listen.

Faye on G105

You can actually right click and save target as and download that interview with that link. FYI.

Completely O/T: I took my puppy to visit her previous owner on the weekend, because she and I have been corresponding by email and I thought it would be fun. Piper was hesitant when we first got there, as though she didn't remember, but once inside the house, she took off as she recognized her previous sisters, and they had a blast! It was so cute, she'd go to her previous master for some pets and praise, then look over at me and run over for more pets and praise.....when it came time to leave, she happily let me put her leash on and take her to the car. No confusion at all, and her previous owner thanked me profusely for bringing her. She said she knew she'd made the right decision in choosing us as her family, which is pretty cool, I think.
:puppykiss:

There is a study out somewhere that says dogs can smell/sense a DNA string. It is not just that they can recognize their family members, they can recognize yours, too. I find it something that is easy to believe because I have seen it in action. Our dog Sam was old and crotchety. He would have nothing to do with strangers and would just as soon eat them alive as look at them. Luckily he was a miniature dog. My husband's brother and his family came out from back east to visit. When the family walked into the house I braced myself for a barking frenzy. What I saw instead was Sam calmly rise from his bed sniff a few times and then walk over to greet everyone with a wagging tail. Years later when we adopted Nigel we had a family Christmas celebration with lots of adults and kids. Again, a sniff or two and Nigel was his happy rambunctious self. I have a photo of him standing guard over the latest baby in the family. That baby is now fifteen and until his last days Nigel had a special bond with her.

Love these two posts!

I took Jess to see her former family a few months after leaving them. She remembered them. I left her with them to spend some private time as they had two kids, and I thought they'd love that and I didn't want them to be concerned about having to 'accommodate' me since they didn't know me at all. I went shopping and asked them to call me if they wanted to extend the time, otherwise I would be back to collect her at the appointed time. They didn't call... and when I got there, the mom told me that after a while they went inside and she (Jess) wasn't impressed as she wasn't allowed indoors. I couldn't believe that in the short time they had her visiting (at THEIR request), that they couldn't even spend the entire time with her. Jess is allowed anywhere, anytime, at her home now.

I have to just tell this story about her... what she loves above ALL, is to run off-lead (leash) at a park. But she hates rain so much that even if she feels the tiniest speck of rain, she rushes to the car for shelter. Such a princess! :puppykiss:

Regarding the posts about going to POTO if Clay were to be in it on Broadway, I can't help but wonder how many fans, if not for Clay, would have seen Spamalot or even known anything about it. Because I have never been able to "get" Monty Python, it's not something I would have had the slightest interest in. However, despite having NOT gone to Spamalot (haha LONG walk!!) I know quite a bit about it simply from clack and reading recaps, it is just bizarre to me that I can recognize or even recite lines from Spam!

Faye said she went to see Clay and he showed her a spot he was going to plant some shrubs.

<snip>

The next time she talked to him he'd changed his mind.

I wonder if it was fear of cat smell?

I saw Spam before Clay was in it and could probably recite the lyrics/dialogue to quite a number of plays and musicals. However I get v. annoyed when Ticketmaster sends me e-mails like this declaring excitedly, "Tickets for one of your favorites are going on sale!"

Tktmaster_Poto.JPG

Faye said she went to see Clay and he showed her a spot he was going to plant some shrubs.

<snip>

The next time she talked to him he'd changed his mind.

I wonder if it was fear of cat smell?

Could be an adversion to "manual labour"!!!! :cryingwlaughter: Why can't I picture him digging a hole? :hahaha:

K and Scarlett: There are probably a hundred Vietnamese restaurants in the downtown area, but I've only eaten at three of them -- Kim Son, Mai's and Huynh. So y'all pick.

I may need to drive myself depending on where we're going. My time is going to be tight on Thursday mid-day with meetings boxing me in. I just hate that.

K and Scarlett: There are probably a hundred Vietnamese restaurants in the downtown area, but I've only eaten at three of them -- Kim Son, Mai's and Huynh. So y'all pick.

I may need to drive myself depending on where we're going. My time is going to be tight on Thursday mid-day with meetings boxing me in. I just hate that.

kf, the one I haven't tried on that list is Huynh & I think that's the one we originally discussed. If you'll post the addy/directions for Huynh, we can meet there -- say at around 11:30? I also have a back-end at 1pm. K, how's your Thursday shaping up? Is 11:30 doable?

On topic:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: 'nite, FCA!!!

:offtobed:

KAndre looks up from unlocking every phone she has...

I'm good any day - we could even switch off to Wed or Fri - Scarlett, I'm gonna make you give me a ride as in general I don't drive to work. Green all the way, baby!

I'm also good on any day -- Wed, Thurs or Friday at 11:30 -- kf, let us know if one of the other days works better. Can't wait!

We're getting Clack today!!! Wheee!!! :bliss2-1:

Here's one of the acts from Swedens Got Talent.

Bwah!!!!!! Thanks!!!! I somehow do not see them performing for royalty!!!! :-O

I read that there is a kid who sings like Stevie Wonder who wowed everybody this week on Britain's Got Talent - evidently he started with a meh song, Simon stopped him and asked what else he could do, and he then proceeded to sing like Stevie. Simon stopping him and asking for another song sounds kinda set-up, but talent is talent.

And okay, I can see the point in not clicking on SB - I am predisposed to liking Broadway songs and standards, but I don't especially care for child acts. I honestly don't think I would click on some cute kid standing on carpet samples at Sears and singing.

Heeee....I do like children!

Good Morning Everyone,

Family Equality Council Honor tonight and we get a cellcert! Also, it is sold out! :yahoo:

6 Days until Rosie's Benefit and possible Clay Video!

:yahoo:

23 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

oh.my.God!!!!

I would DIE and GO TO HEAVEN if Clay would do Phantom of the Opera!! See, I floved it--

I love Michael Crawford!!

and I think I'd lose it to hear Clay sing "Music Of The Night".

I guess I'm in the minority here...as a Phantom Phan...

OMG every time Michael Crawford's name comes up I recall the "shock" I got when I first learned that he was the very SAME Michael Crawford in "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em"!

I love romantic comedies (my fav is
A Touch of Class
) and I also love getting lost in stories that are gut-wrenching -
Secrets and Lies

A Touch of Class-was that with George Segal and Glenda Jackson? I loved that movie, haven't thought about it for years.

Yes, that's the one and it was just brilliantly cast!

A couple of old movies that come to mind fondly are:

- Cabaret

- Paper Moon

and special mention has to go to...

- An Officer and a Gentleman

(I don't normally like men in uniform simply because of the military/war connection but Richard Gere kinda changed that, I was gobsmacked by the way he looked, walked and sounded in that movie and the last scene is unforgettable!)

Television: I love series ... and Roots was the first unforgettable.

However, two others that I simply loved were:

Documentary series: 7-UP . The first (I think, not sure) 'reality' show of its type. 14 English kids from various social backgrounds are revisited every 7 years ... based on the premise "give me the boy until he is 7 and I will give you the man". Wikipedia has it sorta in a nutshell. I loved this series, and you can see some of it on YouTube . It is a fascinating study. (See, I don't watch many movies but I'd spend hours watching this kind of thing, and then talking about it to anyone who will listen... :hahaha: )

The Oswald Trial. Mock trial but with actual witnesses. The prosecuting attorney was Vincent Bugliosi (famous for nailing Charles Manson and his book Helter Skelter) and the defence attorney was Gerry Spence, best known (to me) for winning 10 million for Karen Silkwood's family. It was broadcast simultanerously around the world, and the biggest water-cooler discussion I've ever been involved in at work. I recently found my video recordings of it and a friend is currently transferring it to DVD for me but I see that it can be bought from Amazon. The whole thing runs for several hours and is totally gripping. I've had a couple of marathon viewings with friends watching it and not going home until the wee hours because we kept stopping the tape to discuss what had just been revealed. Surprisingly, I have spoken to people over the years who claim to be JFK-obsessed yet they didn't know about this mock-trial.

Enough about Susan Boyle! Here's one of the acts from Swedens Got Talent.

OMG the look on the face of the Swedish Pawler is a hoot!

ETA:

I read that there is a kid who sings like Stevie Wonder who wowed everybody this week on Britain's Got Talent - evidently he started with a meh song, Simon stopped him and asked what else he could do, and he then proceeded to sing like Stevie. Simon stopping him and asking for another song sounds kinda set-up, but talent is talent.

And okay, I can see the point in not clicking on SB - I am predisposed to liking Broadway songs and standards, but I don't especially care for child acts. I honestly don't think I would click on some cute kid standing on carpet samples at Sears and singing.

Heeee....I do like children!

This is it. Exceptionally talented kids fascinate me because I think they could possibly be old souls. He's getting a lot of media here alongside Susan B.

Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 2 Shaheen Jafargholi 12 Year Old Singer

Okay -- here's a
physological
profile of sort -- my favorite movies of all time in no particular order 'cause it depends on my mood and the time of day ...

Is the bolded word a secret code for the eHP or can we all know what it means....