Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Goodness! He looks like he took a whirl in a time machine! I'll pout about that later, right now, I'm going to bask in the pretty... :flirtysmile3:

As for those comments... Early in the evening, some fans commented on the number of great-looking guys in the restaurant. Why didn't anyone roll out their 'tacky' comments then? It's ok for fans to notice cute guys but not ok for them to notice each other?

:yeahthat:

When I heard "meet a guy", I just thought Clay was quoting lyrics from West Side Story *g*. But, my mind works that way. I did google it, and if anyone here is interested, this Cosmo site provides a daily "meet a guy" tip. *g*

is that Cosmo site to meet a guy

for single straight women to met straight guys

because I already have enough gay best friends. I do wonder if there are any straight men left. (sorry if that is too much personal info about me)

On topic

Clay looked very handsome in those pictures.

I liked his speech. Who was that lady with him? I loved her dress.

is that Cosmo site to meet a guy

for single straight women to met straight guys

because I already have enough gay best friends. I do wonder if there are any straight men left. (sorry if that is too much personal info about me)

Yep. Some of the "hints" are a hoot!

thanks Jazzgirl I definately check it out

don't know if this was posted already

so if so please scroll

little more info on the season finale of 30 Rock

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...son-finale.html

[Alan] Alda, the Emmy-winning star of "M*A*S*H" and the final season of "The West Wing," will appear in the season's final two episodes. In the finale, he'll be joined by music stars Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Mary J. Blige, Clay Aiken and Adam Levine of Maroon 5. Sherri Shepherd will also reprise her occasional role as Tracy's (Tracy Morgan) wife.

Good Morning Everyone,

5 Days until Rosie's Benefit and possible video clack of Clay!

:yahoo:

22 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

tribeca, thank you for bringing over that blurb about Clay's appearance on 30 Rock. I saw it yesterday and then forgot to copy it over! It sounds like it should be a good show.

I'm still basking in the glow of last night, even if I didn't get to listen to the cellcert. There's video out there, though...I'll be patient.

Recaps brought over from the CH:

CV Screencaps thanks to dancermom2:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585494.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585513.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585587.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585591.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585592.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/MsMa...snap_585640.jpg

ETA

These pics are great, but he looked much, much better in person. He looked amazing... GORGEOUS , ACTUALLY!!!!!!! There is just something so special about him when he enters a room... Let me tell you , there were some very handsome hunks there tonight, but Clay is just very, very special... HE JUST IS...... CLAY just stands out..

We were in awful seats. we went up to his table, he was talking non stop to someone seated next to him, and Jerome told us to come back later , but we didn't. We stood behind him and his hair looked really good. Freshly highlighted spiked. they looked brown with light tips. i did not see any red. I wanted to lean over and hug him but thought better of it. did not want to risk arrest!!

He is so special. That is why we are here. There is something so special about him... I do wish Reed was with him. Lots of really good looking men there with partners. It was a totally different scene for me, but I loved it.. it was a great night. His speech was great. he got a standing O when he was announced..

When Clay walks into a room, it is a special moment. Everyone knows it. He just has the IT FACTOR!!! It amazes me, but he does...

It goes too quickly. The place was packed. I am sure they were pleased. He left as soon as he finished speaking.. I guess we will have to wait until October unless he surprises us!! You never know with Clay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It was an excellent reception!!!They were showing him the love...

Clay was the star though!!

It was all good...

Him being in the room just stood out. He is the star.

Why is it every time I see Clay ...I miss him more than the last time!!!! I just love him!!!

I enjoyed spending the evening with Mercedes , Carol and Wink....what better way to see Clay then with these special ladies!!!

I did take video tonight but I'm sure someone else did a lot better ! We were off to the side and I had a hard time trying to stand still while the waiters were walking all around me!!! Dont they know that when Clay talks everything should stop!!!!!!!

I have the speech plus the intro ...which was very nice but its long! I'm gonna need help getting it up.

I did take a small video of Clay walking in....its not great but you can eventually see him !

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ibqe4

Clay was awesome. You could spot him a mile away coming into the room-and his speech was wonderful- he is so articulate and witty. He mentioned about us thinking we were going to hear him sing and did "Hah!!' after that.

I found out after I got to my table that the ladies I sat with were right there when Clay came down the hallway and got their pictures taken with him (group pics) also. We must have been way over on the other side of the room. There were so many people and it was HOT!! We actually had to step outside for a bit to cool off.

I met some extremely nice people tonight-one gentleman at our table, John, was talking about the Alexander principal- something about making your body relax and work right- that singers and actors should be familiar with it. I am going to do some research on it-it sounds interesting. His partner Hector, who is a hair dresser, made us laugh. He said, "Ok, who has the Clay Aiken thong- and he raised his hand!!" He said he saw Jimmy Kimmel show it and he just HAD to have it!! Then John said he can't wear it any more because its all worn out!! They were a riot!

I am so happy Clay got a standing ovation. He certainly deserves it for all the work he does for children. And I am so happy it was on Fox news!! Wonder if Access Hollywood or ET will show it tomorrow?? Cooool!!

There were a few guys sitting at the table where I was standing that were a little rowdy ... some of their choice of words were a little colorful too. I also heard one of them say when Clay was speaking that he had underwear older than Clay!

Here's a very blurry screencap from mustbeeme's video.

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n243/Ka...009_01_edit.jpg

Here is the life size Spam poster that was part of the silent auction....signed Find Your Grail!

clickable

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fam...tydinner002.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fam...tydinner001.jpg

____

Found this early today as well. I don't remember him ever saying this before. It's from an article titled "Is this Going to Be the Gay Summer of Love?" at queerty.com:

“I spend my entire life in the media eye and have everybody poke into my life, so I’m going to leave him out of it.” —Clay Aiken, on spending time with his son this summer

Is this from a new interview that "we" haven't found yet?

Thanks to everyone who brings recaps and pictures and video links over! Unfortunately I missed hearing Clay speak on the stream last night but I'm so glad to have clack that I can download after the fact. Sounds like it was a great evening with a great turn out. :)

eeee For last night he looked soooper!!!

I cannot wait for Clack of the evening.

I took the day off and have to spend it waiting for the plumber, electrician and the air conditioner guy! The plumber just called to say he will be 2 hours late.........there goes my plan of going for Vietnamese!

At least I can surf without guilt! (yeah like that stopped me before!)

post-292-1240406483_thumb.jpg

From CV: The page in the programme last night.

The crooked grin is back!!!!

It is there with a vengence in the FOX screen caps. There is still some swelling and stiffness on one side which accentuates the crookedness of his smile. I hope that eases up in the coming months. I really think this down time is planned recuperation from his little procedure.

The speech was funny and touching. I really think Clay has had an awakening this year. His place within the world has changed in many ways. Coming out has freed him. Becoming a parent has bound him. Sounds like Clay is a normal well rounded man.

Awww, just listened to the speech (while pretending to read a manual :P). The video will have to wait until later, but what a wonderful speech it was. I love that he loves us, and I am so proud of him for coming so far in just a few months. I'm so glad that the Claynation was representing last night!

Ahem.

I am back from lunch with a teeny legion of the eHP. BTW, Huynh is seriously good, yo!

I wish to lodge a complaint about an alleged driver, one Scarlett, alias, "OMFG, it's one of those stereotypical drivers! Save yourselves! AAAAAAARGH!" I want the record to state that I clearly and concise stated, "That light is red. Why are you going through it slowly? Slowly? In front of people who have a GREEN light?" the FIRST time. The second time I stated, long before we got to the intersection, "The light's red. You're gonna stop, right? Stop! Red means STOP! ARRRRGH!" Ya know, it would be different if she actually, like, speeded up as she is running these lights, instead of doing a whopping 11 miles an hour.

This recap from CB via CH is pretty cool:

Passing along a lovely recap with permission from crazyglue91152 (Joanne). Last night, as you know, she won the big life size Spamalot poster of Sir Robin, the Lady of the Lake and the King. The poster was already signed by Clay with the words "Find Your Grail," but Clay planned to personalize the poster with the name of the winner, as soon as it was won by someone.

After the auction, Joanne saw Clay just as he was on his way to sign the poster to her. She congratulated him on his award and he hugged her and while laughing, teased her, asking her twice what was she going to do with that big poster?!

She told him she was gong to donate it to TBAF!!! Clay said "Wow, that's wonderful, thank you very much Joanne. So do you want me to put your name on it?" And Joanne said "No of course not." Clay then suggested that instead they go in and have their picture taken with the poster. After a bit of a scurry for a camera, Clay stooped down next to Joanne for the picture (with his assistant Jen positioned behind the poster to hold it up with both hands so it wouldn't fall over...lol). After the picture, Joanne said that Clay said thank you and goodbye with another hug, and as he left he said "See you again soon, Joanne!"

What an truly adorable story and how dear of Clay to go that extra mile so that Joanne would have the picture to cherish after she donates the poster to TBAF. And Joanne...bless you for that donation! I am so happy for your wonderful night!

Tonight I am going to see Shawn Klush, who is billed as the "World's Greatest Elvis Impersonator". I've seen him before, as he's a favourite of son #1, so I'm looking forward to it. He really puts on a great show.