Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Wait'll luckiest1 gets up tomorrow. You'll hear the squeeeees from London, ON.

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE TEXTED ME!!!!!! Seriously, I picked last night to go out and not check in to the boards? AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But what a fun morning to wake up to! Got up at 5:30 to let the dog out and thought I'd quickly check to be sure nothing earth shattering had happened before I made my way back up to bed. Heh. Earth shattering is an understatement! OMFG! cindilu2, I also had to take a moment after reading the answer about kissing a smoker. :hubbahubba:

Off to find some head phones so I can listen to our gift! And then to donate! I love that man!!!!! And Jaymes too. :wub:

Okay, so he was faking the piano playing. Since I can't play either I guess I can live with it. :cryingwlaughter:

Last night was such a fun night but I missed the blog until this morning. My favorite song of the JBT. That was so generous especially to share with those not even members of his fanclub. I hope everyone gives just a little something to the BAF. OFC member or not.

I can see why he has so many celebrity friends, he is such a breath of fresh air. No expected answers, just what he really believes. Couchie, ALAWH is also my favorite from OMWH. I just hope that some critical fans realize that slow songs were his choice and he will never be a rock star. Clay knows where he belongs and the version of Just You, as selected by he and Jaymes proves it. I'm another fan of Jaymes and think she and Clay make an amazing musical duo.

Damn, I went to bed about a half hour too early last night. And then the link he posted on his blog didn't work for me! Thanks to those who did post a link that I could use!

What a great boyfriend we have.. He entertained me for almost 4 hours with his answers -- some extremely serious, some extremely witty, some sarcastic, some surprising (I too was thrown by the Love Me Tender thing). I love that he took the time for that.

And then...to wake up this morning to new music from the man. Hearing it "for real" (not with a crappy live recording) makes me really love the song! It's fantastic.

Here's a link to the TBAF donation page. Our Beta Alpha Chapter is FCA - Making a Difference.

I had to give up and go to bed at 11:15, and was pretty astounded to see how much longer Clay was posting last night. And :clap: for the Just You download.

I think someone stole a hoodie from his bf... :naughtywag:

Relay.jpg

:lilredani: I didn't think I could grin any wider this morning. I was wrong. :lilredani:

What a great shot of adrenalin last night (this morning?) was. Thanks Clay. I needed that!

Good Morning Everyone,

Wow! I keep saying I should never go to bed at night; I logged off about 10:30 figuring Clay was gone for the night and come back this morning to a blog and a song! What an incredible gesture and sweet thing to do...he is an amazing man and I am stuck on him like glue!

2 Days until Rosie's Benefit and Possible Video Clack of Clay!

:yahoo:

19 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I woke up this morning to see that Clay answered my question. A three word response but I let out a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! in my living room! (If no one was there to hear it, did it really make a sound?)

Can any one tell me approximately what page or time clay talked about kissing a smoker?

I was out for the evening and missed quite a bit of the live action, but just loved what he did. Can't wait to go back and savor that long thread.

I woke up this morning to see that Clay answered my question. A three word response but I let out a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! in my living room! (If no one was there to hear it, did it really make a sound?)

Can any one tell me approximately what page or time clay talked about kissing a smoker?

I was out for the evening and missed quite a bit of the live action, but just loved what he did. Can't wait to go back and savor that long thread.

Congrats!!!

I don't know the post #, but it was 9:26 pm EDT when he answered the smoker question.

ETA: post number 816

:bighug: Good morning FCA! I'm still here. Just been reading only as RL has been sort of brutal the past few months.

But I had to post this morning. What a guy! I love him, I can't help it! So funny and endearing. Such amazing gifts, both hours of his time, his honesty, his humor and JY.

:BlowKiss:

Fear, I emailed you, but 9 AM tomorrow works for me. Should be fun. Let's hope the weekend helps raise lots more money for TBAF.

Or, the easier way to see all his answers (you gotta be logged in to the OFC though):

Clay Answers our Questions (Archive thread compiled by butterflyshine)

Yeah, but you miss the lovely and ambiguous shade of whatever-it-is if you do it that way. Better to click on his name in the first post, then 'find all posts by Clay Aiken'. Once you get to the list, click on the little notepad in the first line of the reply the body of the post to take you to the actual one. Then just use your back button to go back to the list.

True cindilu...but as someone who is going to be away for the entire day (HAPPY 88TH BIRTHDAY MOM!), I was hoping to print all out and take them with me to read. Besides, my brain gets confuzzled if I use the "back" button too much. Personal choice, though.

And I just noticed...no comments allowed on the latest blog.

Yeah, but this was one time (thinking back... the ONLY time) I've enjoyed actually reading through the thread. It was such fun! and apart from the McVargas troupe spam (who he seems to encourage), it was enjoyable. The mod was on top of the few trollish posts that made their way on there. It acutally read like *gasp* a fan thread!

The whole piano playing thing cracked me up. I remember somebody said back then that he wasn't playing.. I think they got jumped on. heh. I think I helped :cryingwlaughter: Love that he's working on something. Love teacher Clay. He's hilarious and entertaining. And he went out with a bang.

ETA: you know i really needed that. I'm still smiling since I read all his responses. I was in a mood when I got home -- there was a fire or some other occurrence at my BART stop..so my normal already too long hour and fifteen minute commute took about 2 extra hours - ended up on a bus to get back to my car..and then it took 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot..stopped to pick up dinner and got home and it wasn't what I asked for or paid for. So was just yeah whatever, Clay's chatting -- I'll check it out later. Even went to work for a couple hours. Damn! I should have started reading as soon as I got home. It would have fixed my mood a whole lot sooner.

The piano playing--someone did get in trouble, and did get jumped on, and I helped too. Thing is, in DC I was sitting in the balcony, and I saw his hands move over the keys the way they would if he were playing (and I used to play piano, so I know what to look for), and how does he explain the bad note he hit at Musikfest? Accidentally touched the keys? But I have long heard that our lovely Scarlett has video of the time the music started too early. So I believe him, but only half-way. :hahaha:

Crappy day--definitely a cure for that. No doubt about it. Best crappy day cure ever!!

I went and read the archived thread of questions and answers and while the first few pages of Clay's answers are not in this color; the rest are...I couldn't believe how many questions I actually missed...it was a fun read and can I say I just loved Clay calling people out for not following direction...what a bunch of maroons!

Kim

another little hint about 30 Rock.....from the NY Posts Pop Wrap

While I'm sure "30 Rock" won't be dethroning "Buffy The Vampire Slayer's" all-singing hour as TV's best musical episode, the NBC comedy will definitely be trumping the vampy series in terms of talent. Sorry, Alyson Hannigan.

For their season three finale (airing May 14) Tina Fey has tapped Sheryl Crow, Adam Levine, Mary J. Blige, Elvis Costello and Clay Aiken to perform as part of a faux-telethon called in an episode called "Kidney Now."

From newland at the CH.

Ahem. Kettering Ohio recap.

newland21- Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:10 pm wrote:

It was so obvious to me at the concert, and I guess I figured there would be some Clack of this before I made it home...

At Kettering, right after S'von got up from the piano and right before Clay sat down I unmistakably heard the opening piano chords of Love Me Tender, obviously being played from a track.

When Clay sat down to play, the opening chords sounded exactly the same as what I had just heard when no one was sitting at the piano.

Clay may really be playing...But after Kettering, I'm pretty sure he is being backed by a track.

georgie, if you are still here, see you at nine.

Clay really knows how to bring the fans back, I think that is why he will always be the most interesting person who was ever on Idol. He certainly answered a lot of questions last night. His answers were interesting and even thought provoking. I hope that someday people will forget that he was ever on Idol and respect him for being the entertainer he is.

The question of not being sure if he has a long term career gave me pause but then he said no one is ever sure. So that may have been some of his modesty or possibly insecurities coming out. He gave a wonderful answer to that young? woman who thought she might be gay. It was just one of many of the great times in this fandom. :lilredani:

ETA: Thanks djs for your really nice comment yesterday. You know you are always welcome back at casa fear de la H2O. :friends:

I love treats. Yesterday, I took the dog to his new temporary home. Had enough car trouble on the way to warrant a trip to the dealer and a rental car for the weekend....BUT.....that's okay! After I went back to the dealer last night (minutes before they closed) to retrieve my missing house key.......I came home to find my boyfriend waiting for me....with a prezzie no less! The bottle of cheap wine in the fridge wasn't his fault (I owe my kids for that one), but I have some kind of seven hour hangover this morning. Whee! That was fun! All in all it was a great day. I had a nice long phone conversation with one of my best friends ever, one I owe to Clay. We talked about how much fun we've have had touring and being silly fan girls these past 6 years.....how much we missed that. Thank you, Clay, for a nice big dose of silly fan girl last night.

Even though I couldn't think of one darn thing to ask....

OMG, I don't believe we have Just You!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :heart!heart!heart!:

:04: :nanarow::manynanas:

:EmoticonRingAround:

(And I can't believe the lengths I went through to get Internet access from the wilds of Texas Hill Country)

Thanks so much to Solo who PM'ed and KAndre who called!!!

*runs off to enjoy everything* It's like Christmas morning!!!

Hee, I'm thinking Aron or Kristy will be waking up to a big ol' WTF??? tomorrow morning. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, no KIDDING, huh?? :hahaha::cryingwlaughter: I'm betting, working with him, it isn't the first one! :hysterical:

<snip> I loved that he loved many ATDW songs..hope we get Broken Wings one of these days. And eeeee to ALAWH behing his favorite..we have a connection.

Huh?? :hahaha: Don't know about you, but I've had BW since the day ATDW came out....and it's my very favorite too! It's an absolute piece of art.

Don't tell me I have a speshul copy!! :lol:

I'm another fan of Jaymes and think she and Clay make an amazing musical duo.

:yeahthat:

And I just noticed...no comments allowed on the latest blog.

Yes, noticed that last night.

OMFG tm cindilu2 :lol: That was the bestest Friday night EV-AH since 2007!! I didn't get home until around 10 PM and thought I would just checkin quick before going to bed as I have a busy day today. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...........:hysterical: Like mariedrummond, I pretty near needed Depends.

Why IS it that I can't even bear to leave to go to the bathroom when something like this is going on?? It's not like it's going to go away! :lol:

I laughed out loud (TOO loud), I cried (the water picture and the career thing and the "gay" girl) and I was absolutely, totally, completely GLUED to this screen.

Just You is freakin' AWESOME!! .....and is it just me that thought it was way cute that he set it up as a sendspace for us? I don't even know why, just thought that was cool. Just like one of us. :)

Donation done...but I think I'll actually go back and do a monthly donation thingy; I can't imagine why I haven't done that before, I do it for UNICEF....

Just in case it needs to be on this page again:

TBAF Donation page Remember....FCA MAD

ETA: CRAP! Now I know why I haven't set up a BAF monthly...because you can't! :lol: I'll see if that's possible some other way than online, and let you know.