Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Ahem.

I am back from lunch with a teeny legion of the eHP. BTW, Huynh is seriously good, yo!

I wish to lodge a complaint about an alleged driver, one Scarlett, alias, "OMFG, it's one of those stereotypical drivers! Save yourselves! AAAAAAARGH!" I want the record to state that I clearly and concise stated, "That light is red. Why are you going through it slowly? Slowly? In front of people who have a GREEN light?" the FIRST time. The second time I stated, long before we got to the intersection, "The light's red. You're gonna stop, right? Stop! Red means STOP! ARRRRGH!" Ya know, it would be different if she actually, like, speeded up as she is running these lights, instead of doing a whopping 11 miles an hour.

K, They didn't hit us, did they? So those two red lights don't count. Besides, we took 2 trips in the car -- one to go to Huynh's (the food was wonderful! thx, kf!!!) and another to go back to your office. One red light per trip isn't bad. Nobody honked at us, I smiled at them, you got back in one piece and apparently weren't shaken enough to stay off the message boards for more than 30 mins. Life is good!

Sooo... do you want to go back on Friday? I need to try their Phoenix chicken and maybe merrieeee's plumber will be done by then.

ETA: Love all pics & clips and yay for the cute smile!!! (I refuse to say crooked)

:Iluvclaysbutt:

So maybe I should drive us all next time? Some people think I'm too quick to stop at a light ... which means I don't speed up on yellow. Drives some people crazy, but that's probably because they're in a perpetual hurry ... I'm never in a hurry. Two tenets of my religion ... no worry and no hurry. Oh, and there's a third ... Grand Marnier Margaritas. And a fourth .... lunch anytime.

Let me know when. I think I already have a Friday with a former co-worker, but she stood me up last time so maybe not. Of course, you have my blessing to go without me now that you know where it is -- but I want to go again soon so if you can wait until early next week I'll be ready! And I want to try Thien An too. And how about H.O.B. and Red Cat? After all ... I'm going to Disneyland!!!

The ehp is cracking me up. Clay needs to do something or he should have attended last night's event naked. :cryingwlaughter:

KF... I hear you about people being perpetually in a hurry. And how often do you catch up with them at the next light.

Tonight is the event for 3 Cups of Tea author. Muski was able to get a ticket so I'm meeting up with her in a couple of hours. Looking forward to it although I never got around to reading the book :cryingwlaughter: I guess I know what I'll be reading next.

aikim thanks for our daily countdown ...I just went back to see what's next. The you tube clip made me hungry for singing, and getting the full force of the tour personality. He's so funny and it's the thing that really "got" me after Idol was over and I was listening to all those radio interviews and watching his tv appearances. AI was all about the voice for me, not really his personality. The combination is lethal.

Wish I could have joined y'all...still scurrying around getting kids ready for a school trip tomorrow, making lists and buying stuff. Sheesh. Luckily, this is a once a year event. First time sending TWO kids, though. $$$$

Loving all the updates and photos.

O.M.G. I used to know someone who drove exactly like Scarlett, :Ahh: I mean, EXACTLY... and I am having heart palpitations at the mere memory of it... heck I was desperate enough to repeatedly say my Hail Marys ... now that's saying something!

I strongly urge the eHP to not allow her near the driving seat. Stick her in the back where she can't reach the steering wheel and then gag her so that she can't even be a back-seat driver!!!

Stick her in the back where she can't reach the steering wheel

You obviously don't know Scarlett! She can hardly reach the steering wheel while sitting in the front seat :hahaha:

Well my plumbings fixed. I have a new fan on the back porch. I have two new programable thermostats. My air conditioner is chugging away and cooling this joint down to a balmy 76. My yard has been mulched. My pool has been cleaned. All is right in my world....until my DH comes up with a new project for me. I told him once I need a wife to do all this "stuff".

I am loving the pictures and video from last night. He was gorgeous and those checkbones are back. He looked so relaxed and happy. I am very proud of him.

I have a friend who is the worst driver that I have ever been with. If we have to go somewhere I always volunteer to drive. I let my oldest son, when he was 12, go to a event with her because I was working, and when I got home my son said he would never get into the car with her again. I did not have the heart to tell her he said that. I just tell her now that I will pick her up. I have never seen someone ride the brakes like she does, and she wonders why she always needs new one.

QUOTE (merry @ Apr 22 2009, 09:11 PM)

This is the caption at the Family Equality site under the videos from CANN--Let's give them a lot of hits and comments. I think they like us. LOL!!!

Hat tip to the Clay Aiken News Network for posting these clips and recognizing Family Equality Council. Many friends and allies were made among Clay’s devoted fans over the past few months preparing for this event.)

http://www.familyequality.org/blog/?p=999

Eeeeeeh, I'm so proud of him! :clap: THANK YOU to whoever posted the youtube, as I am travelling and without download capabilities.

One silly little thing I did wonder....did anyone see him receive a tangible reminder of his reward? ie, was there a trophy of some kind I missed seeing? :shrug:

If so, what does it look like?

Stick her in the back where she can't reach the steering wheel

Ha! Ha! :hahaha: I've got perpetual dibs on shotgun -- and though I occasionally share, you don't want to know the lengths I go to keep this!!!

Let me know when. I think I already have a Friday with a former co-worker, but she stood me up last time so maybe not. Of course, you have my blessing to go without me now that you know where it is -- but I want to go again soon so if you can wait until early next week I'll be ready! And I want to try Thien An too. And how about H.O.B. and Red Cat? After all ... I'm going to Disneyland!!!
I'm ok both for Friday and early next week but I need to see K before the Shanghai trip weekend after next. And let's wait on H.O.B. until a performer we all like is there. *ever hopeful*

KF... I hear you about people being perpetually in a hurry. And how often do you catch up with them at the next light.

:yeahthat: Besides, better late than DEAD on time!!

Scarlett, all jokes aside, the friend (that you remind me of) broke her neck in a car accident and it was a miracle she made it out alive. I remember getting the phone call and it was just that feeling... of " I KNEW it". And every single person who had ever been a passenger in her car said pretty much the same thing.

Thanks to everyone for bringing over all the goodies. What a treat, and I didn't even have to leave home for it! :cocktail:

ETA:

:bananaflip: :nature-smiley-014: :cheerleader: :medium-smiley-075: :7: :nanarow::manynanas::nanaonacid::party045::roundel::roundel: :04: :nana:

The Lottery Office told me an hour or so ago that I've won just over $6500.00. I buy these tickets at random and never check them, but the ticket was registered to my name. Niiiiiiiiice, huh? :cocktail: :medium-smiley-075: :cocktail:

:nana: :nana:

I went to the Greg Mortenson event tonight. I found it all very fascinating as I went in cold. A good sign for me when listening to a person talk is not having to fight to stay awake. LOL...>Anyway I actually thought about FCA tonight and this whole driving convo. Mr. Mortenson and I have a connection. He flunked his first driver's test. He asked if anyone in the audience had as well and I got to raise my hand. hee. It's a totally humiliating thing. I think I was 16 or 17. Anyway it was so traumatic for me apparantly that I didn't try again for 25 years. How I got through life without getting so much as a parking ticket for 25 years I'll never know. I guess I was extra careful since I was illegal. Since then I've been pulled over twice, once on the damn freeway.

ETA: Justin Timberlake on Sports Center. Geeze. What is wrong with the world. I'm too hard core sports to deal with that especially when I can't get 2 minutes on my beloved A's...unless they're playing hte yankees of course.

The ehp is cracking me up. Clay needs to do something or he should have attended last night's event naked. :cryingwlaughter:

Well at least if he was naked then noone could complain about his clothes. Of course thats the only reason we I would like to see this, to spare him the fashion police critique............

Funny you should mention Muski, I was just thinking today that she hadn't been on in a while. I was planning to ask you if she is ok - I take it that she is?

yes she's fine...I'll let her speak for herself. She can still beat me walking..I was huffing and puffing up that SF hill. Oh you know that saying about the coldest day I ever spent was a summer day in San Francisco ..or something like that. Well it was about 90 degrees when I left home..so stupidly didn't take a jacket. When I met Muski in the city it was still nice and warm. We ducked into a bar for a drink - ONE DRINK - came out and it was like the temperature had dipped 30 degrees and the wind was blowing something fierce. By the time the event ended, the winds had at least died down to make walking back to BART tolerable.

Scarlett and KAndre... you know my shy Laker buddy from the California DCAT... she may be coming with me to gala. YAY. And we're going to plan some sort of southern jaunt. Have no idea what exactly.. but I'm even more excited now about the trip. She said hi BTW.. and we can both still get a chuckle out of you entertaining us KAndre at the Pala winery.

Can someone rip and repost those Broadway.com pictures? I haven't had two seconds lately but I'd love to save them and the right click is disabled. TIA. Everyone should give hits to that FEC link as well. They are tracking popularity and they have the embedded youtube videos.

http://www.familyequality.org/blog/?p=999

Couchie, glad you enjoyed Greg Mortenson. Now read the damn book, will ya? :cryingwlaughter: You truly won't be sorry.

Shawn Klush last night was amazing and he had the Sweet Inspirations (Elvis' back up singers from 1969 - 1977) on stage with him the whole night. So cool, and so inspiring that those ladies are still going strong. Now I want to drag out one of the early 70s Elvis concert videos and compare. They don't call him The Worlds' Best Elvis for nuthin'. :clap:

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Rosie's Benefit and possible video clack of Clay!

:yahoo:

21 Days (3 weeks!) until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim