Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

From Clayphan76:

he took a group photo with the fans - yes, they were in it!

Yep!

Jess just called. She said it is VERY crowded.

The press are there - TV cameras!!!!

Also the life sized posted on auction is from the front of the Schubert - $1,000 opening bid.

EEEEEEEE! I just scored discounted $10 tickets to the Easter Bonnet on Monday. I had no idea it was on that day, but I just saw it on Facebook. We're gonna be busy!
Cooooool - congrats! :clap:

If you live near water, I'd suggest a beaver or nutria...or possibly a muskrat. The only other brownish, floppy, low-to-the-ground creature I can think of is the Simonous Cowellious, but I believe that is native only to California.
BWAH! :hysterical: It almost looks like a ground hog, but I don't think they've got tails like that...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I couldn't resist!

Soooooooooooo pretty! I frigging love glasses on Clay! Glasses and stubble slay me so bad! Everything else gives me a little zing, but glasses and stubble knock. me. out! :tasty:

OK, I'll stop now.

ETA: Messed up trying to copy the picture... what? Confused now.

EATA: For clarity, I know he's stubble-less in those pictures, I was just leaping from the idea of glasses are sexy to stubble is sexy and I love glasses and stubble... I don't know what I was saying, the hotness has me all scattered of brain!

Oh, he looks fab in those pictures!

Thanks for the well wishes for our trip. Kenai and I are happy to report that we made it to Halifax just fine. He did great for any dog, let alone an 11 year old one, on his 28 hour journey. I am especially grateful to the absolutely adorable Canada customs agent who did his import inspection in Toronto. He couldn't have been nicer. He had just started the paper work, when he stopped and said..."He's probably thirsty, I can get him some water." So he left his station and got Kenai some water. Then when everything was done, he helped me out of the customs area because I was dealing with two luggage carts. He didn't just get me out of there and leave me, he stayed with me until I found bonnechance who was meeting me for a quick coffee between flights. We never did get time for that coffee but I am so glad she came to the airport to meet me, I'd have been in real trouble without the extra pair of hands. I had to check in at Air Canada from scratch, baggage and dog. I wonder if she thought I was being arrested or deported when she saw me coming with the border guy in tow. He was such a nice young man.....I should have asked him if he wanted to marry my daughter. :rolleyes:

from mercedes his table in middle of room, but not front row.. I think she said 2nd.

They are sitting up front but to the side so hard to see him. She said he is beautiful

From CV:

mercedes just called me for a quick sec, he is still at the table she said he has some gorgeous highlights in his hair.

I'm on the phone with bigappleforclay right now. Cocktail hour just finished. Group pic taken by professionals. The McVargas/Clayphan told her one of their party couldn't make it, so they had her join them. Dinner is going on right now.

They are way at the back, so they aren't taking video, but they know of a table of fans up front taking Clack.

Clay next! Discussing his teaching background, BAF and UNICEF.
standing O

Clay talking now

he didn't write anything down for speech....

impromtu....

Clay:

I'm, late to the party.

Equating the gay rights movement with the civil rights movements. Just as white people joined the movement to work alongside blacks for civil rights, heterosexuals are beginning to stand with those fighting for gay rights.

His speech was short and sweet.

He talked about others - everyone in the room - who deserved the award. He's honored, but because he's "late to the party", he feels credit should go to those who have been living "out" for years. He's proud to be a gay dad, but has only been living "out" for 8 1/2 months.

I believe I heard him say, that he likes NY, that when he first "got here" he thought he'd "go ahead and meet a guy"!

Thanked the fans, IMO, without saying "fans".

So - subversive shoutout to Reed

and

subversive shoutout to the fans.

hee

here is my scribble on the intro and Clay's speech:

great privilege and honor to introduce the next honoree...platinum recording artist, NYT best selling artist, touring...

all incredible things...we are honoring him....he was a special education teacher...undying commitment to children...shown time and time again...TBAF and UNICEf....reason for honoring...2008...became a father...and he did the most important thing that any GLBT can do, he told the truth about he was, he showed his son to live a life that is proud and truthful is the only way to live...and for that is why we are honoring him...

2009 FEC award...lots of applause...beautiful speech

Clay speaking now:

Can't hear what he said, huge applause and laughter

Something about not sure why he is there...great place to meet guys...

didn't write anything down....

honor to get the award...he is late to the party...he didn't do all the work...showing the world how GLBT families can be...that work has been done by the many in the room...the honor goes to all in the room...

Proud of his son...

Pay thinking he was going to sing...haha...

he is talking so fast...

he did make fun of Jess' laugh though...

thanking the fans in the room...I think

and thanking all the work that FEC does

bigappleforclay said she did get the whole thing on video. She'll get it up as soon as she gets home. She said it was all very touching

From CV:

mercedes just called me for a quick sec, he is still at the table she said he has some gorgeous highlights in his hair.

I'm on the phone with bigappleforclay right now. Cocktail hour just finished. Group pic taken by professionals. The McVargas/Clayphan told her one of their party couldn't make it, so they had her join them. Dinner is going on right now.

They are way at the back, so they aren't taking video, but they know of a table of fans up front taking Clack.

November is a long way away, but I feel like some thanksgiving right now .... I AM THANKFUL FOR CLACK!!!!!