Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

[

I will admit to being surprised at the 'Love Me Tender' revelation. I had no idea.

I think he's pulling our legs. We know he hit some clunkers along the way.

Well he came back and re-confirmed it - said he was 'pranking' being nervous.

He's a doll - spending his Friday night doing this. Gotta love him!

I gave up at page 100... now I have to go back cause I didn't read the "Love Me Tender" answer... :cryingwlaughter:

This was a fun Friday night at the OFC... who'd of ever thunk it???? :hahaha:

All we have to do to see a picture of Parker is to steal KC's phone! Anyone???? :cryingwlaughter:

[

I will admit to being surprised at the 'Love Me Tender' revelation. I had no idea.

I think he's pulling our legs. We know he hit some clunkers along the way.

Well he came back and re-confirmed it - said he was 'pranking' being nervous.

He's a doll - spending his Friday night doing this. Gotta love him!

bwah..

he's a damn better actor than I thought

That blog was fantastic. I wonder if he owns Tears Run Dry :cryingwlaughter: I'd sell everything I own hee. I like his style. I love that he slipped in that he will be recording soon. Thank you Jaymes! I knew I loved her!

If you are so inclined, don't forget the FCA MAD beta alpha.

Yes, Couchie- My Dad Rocks, and my Mom does too!

How cool are they to sit around and come up with that on the spur of the moment? GAHHHHHHH!

I just can't believe it. AWESOME!!!!

I'm on listen #4 and ooooohhhhh, I love this song. Wait'll luckiest1 gets up tomorrow. You'll hear the squeeeees from London, ON.

couchie... I couldn't remember the name of our beta alpha. I put FCA in there, so I hope we get credit.

You know I never liked this song when he sang it in concert... it seemed like he was straining so much to get some of the notes. But, this recorded version makes me understand why so many loved it. Now I get it! :BlowKiss:

And to think that I was only going to check on the boards for a few minutes! Hah!

What great idea he and/or Jaymes had tonite and what a lovely gift he gave to us.

I wonder how much BAF will get in donations from the downloading of this song.

Clay has given permission, via the message board thread about the blog, to share with friends.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DONATE TO BAF IF YOU ARE ABLE!!!!

This is an incredibly generous gift - let's do him proud!!

Sendspace for studio version of Just You

:clap:

My hero wrote:

04/24/09

What an interesting afternoon! You have kept my attention longer than I thought possible. If only my homework in high school had held my attention as long, huh?

Lots of interesting questions today and lots of energy. One question in particular got me (and Jaymes) to thinking. "Clay, will you ever record ... Just You?"

Well folks... truth is.. . I did. Long ago. As a matter of fact it was one of the first songs we recorded for the album A Thousand Different Ways. It was recorded before the label asked me to do the album of cover love songs and before the budget was officially approved, so I actually paid for it myself. Then, as I recall, when the decision was made to do the cover album, the label opened a budget for the album, but it did not include reimbursing me for songs I had recorded that did not fit the concept. So, here I have had this song all along that, to my knowledge, I own the only copy of. What to do with it.. what to do? Well, this evening (with some encouragement from Jaymes) I decided.... let's just give it to them. Why not? We do have plans (which we will tell you about eventually) to be back in the studio and record in the near future, but until then... you might as well get a bit of something you haven't been able to hear in a while. "New" music.

Now... here's the deal. I want to give it to you because you deserve it. You've stuck by me and been patient for a long time. But, also, I really have to give it to you. Since I didn't write it or produce it, I can't sell it to you... but I hate to encourage getting music for free. You all have always been SOOOO ethical when it has come to downloading music. I know my fans are probably some of the most scrupulous in the country and I believe that you never steal music. That said... We are gonna do this on the "honor system"... Go ahead.... download the song. It's yours. Share it with your friends. It's free. But... I want to make it count for someone... so let's make it count for tens of thousands of children in the US with developmental disabilities If you can't afford anything for it.. then don't pay... but... if you can... I encourage you... I ask of you... that you make a donation to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for how ever much you feel the song is worth. If you want to give $1... great. If you want to give $1000... GREAT... if you can only give $.05 ... that's fine too. It's a tough time we're living through nowadays, and non-profits are hurting more than ever as well. BAF (which will soon be known by a different name) has had amazing success in fulfilling it's mission, and is embarking on a long term plan to continue including kids in every aspect of life. But, it will continue to need help from all of us in order to make that possible.

Consider this track a "charity recording" .... donate whatever you can or whatever you are willing to... and accept our thanks.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5wkm8

The song is for you...JUST YOU... from me.

c

Here is the whole blog, cause he said we could share it...

Honor system

04/24/09

What an interesting afternoon! You have kept my attention longer than I thought possible. If only my homework in high school had held my attention as long, huh?

Lots of interesting questions today and lots of energy. One question in particular got me (and Jaymes) to thinking. "Clay, will you ever record ... Just You?"

Well folks... truth is.. . I did. Long ago. As a matter of fact It was one of the first songs we recorded for the album A Thousand Different Ways. It was recorded before the label asked me to do the album of cover love songs and before the budget was officially approved, so I actually paid for it myself. Then, as I recall, when the decision was made to do the cover album, the label opened a budget for the album, but it did not include reimbursing me for songs I had recorded that did not fit the concept. So, here I have had this song all along that, to my knowledge, I own the only copy of. What to do with it.. what to do? Well, this evening (with some encouragement from Jaymes) I decided.... let's just give it to them. Why not? We do have plans (which we will tell you about eventually) to be back in the studio and record in the near future, but until then... you might as well get a bit of something you haven't been able to hear in a while. "New" music.

Now... here's the deal. I want to give it to you because you deserve it. You've stuck by me and been patient for a long time. But, also, I really have to give it to you. Since I didn't write it or produce it, I can't sell it to you... but I hate to encourage getting music for free. You all have always been SOOOO ethical when it has come to downloading music. I know my fans are probably some of the most scrupulous in the country and I believe that you never steal music. That said... We are gonna do this on the "honor system"... Go ahead.... download the song. It's yours. Share it with your friends. It's free. But... I want to make it count for someone... so let's make it count for tens of thousands of children in the US with developmental disabilities If you can't afford anything for it.. then don't pay... but... if you can... I encourage you... I ask of you... that you make a donation to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for how ever much you feel the song is worth. If you want to give $1... great. If you want to give $1000... GREAT... if you can only give $.05 ... that's fine too. It's a tough time we're living through nowadays, and non-profits are hurting more than ever as well. BAF (which will soon be known by a different name) has had amazing success in fulfilling it's mission, and is embarking on a long term plan to continue including kids in every aspect of life. But, it will continue to need help from all of us in order to make that possible.

Consider this track a "charity recording" .... donate whatever you can or whatever you are willing to... and accept our thanks.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5wkm8

The song is for you...JUST YOU... from me.

wanda... BWAH!!! :hahaha:

Wooohooooo!!! I haven't been on the boards for several days - waaaaay too much going on. Decided to check on the last page of FCA tonight before bed, and wow, was that great timing, or what!!

Hooray for the download!! Off to donate to the BAF!

:clap:

ETA: I had to go listen to the concert version of Just You to compare. Both versions are in the same key. The tempo of the recorded version is a bit slower, and it works better for the melisma that Clay puts into it. The live version sounds rushed after listening to the recorded version. A few of the chords and backing harmonies are a little different. But the passion, heart, and excellent vocals are there in both versions!

KAndre - YES!! I agree - we need Tears Run Dry!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I think I got through and found all Clay's answers and I just love him. I laughed. I laughed some more. I chuckled. I loved that he loved many ATDW songs..hope we get Broken Wings one of these days. And eeeee to ALAWH behing his favorite..we have a connection. Loved how happy he sounds. Love Jaymes. Loved that he mentions all of his friends with love. Loved that he shared things we never knew about him. I love when he scoffs at rumors. I don't think I ever heard the one about RCA turning down Spam helping them out a little bit. BWAH. The whole piano playing thing cracked me up. I remember somebody said back then that he wasn't playing.. I think they got jumped on. heh. I think I helped :cryingwlaughter: Love that he's working on something. Love teacher Clay. He's hilarious and entertaining. And he went out with a bang.

ETA: you know i really needed that. I'm still smiling since I read all his responses. I was in a mood when I got home -- there was a fire or some other occurrence at my BART stop..so my normal already too long hour and fifteen minute commute took about 2 extra hours - ended up on a bus to get back to my car..and then it took 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot..stopped to pick up dinner and got home and it wasn't what I asked for or paid for. So was just yeah whatever, Clay's chatting -- I'll check it out later. Even went to work for a couple hours. Damn! I should have started reading as soon as I got home. It would have fixed my mood a whole lot sooner.

Hey Gibby!!

If you don't want to scroll through the (now) 53 pages of questions just to get to the ones he's answered, butterflyshine has set up an archived thread here (you must be a member of the OFC and logged in to see):

Ask Clay a Question -- Answers thread

Whoops, just noticed that's page two of the thread...you'll have to backtrack for page one...

And I'm in love...he most wants to slap upside the head Ann Coulter. Good for him! Can't stand that witch.

thanks for the link

today was the one day I didn't go there.

The youngest that I nanny for had her 10th Birthday Party tonight. She is so happy to be in double digits :)

she asked her friends to bring new stuffed animals for the children's hospital. It was so sweet! The girls all bought animals they picked out and some even made cards to go with the stuffed animals. Her friends also made donations in her name to the hospital. They donated $75.00!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I think I got through and found all Clay's answers and I just love him. I laughed. I laughed some more. I chuckled.
I loved that he loved many ATDW songs.
.hope we get Broken Wings one of these days. And eeeee to ALAWH behing his favorite..we have a connection.

I absolutely loved what he did with those songs on ATDW the first time I heard them and never could figure out what the fuss was about ... regarding it being a non-original song album. It was like, so what.... to me.

. Loved how happy he sounds. Love Jaymes. Loved that he mentions all of his friends with love. Loved that he shared things we never knew about him. I love when he scoffs at rumors. I don't think I ever heard the one about RCA turning down Spam helping them out a little bit. BWAH. The whole piano playing thing cracked me up. I remember somebody said back then that he wasn't playing.. I think they got jumped on. heh. I think I helped
:cryingwlaughter:
Love that he's working on something. Love teacher Clay. He's hilarious and entertaining. And he went out with a bang.

Clay is a very, very interesting balance of extreme complexity and extreme simplicity, simplicity in terms of his ultimate values. Complex in terms of, well... not quite sure how to put it.... :cryingwlaughter:

The youngest that I nanny for had her 10th Birthday Party tonight. She is so happy to be in double digits
:)

she asked her friends to bring new stuffed animals for the children's hospital. It was so sweet! The girls all bought animals they picked out and some even made cards to go with the stuffed animals. Her friends also made donations in her name to the hospital. They donated $75.00!

Thanks for sharing that, so very heartening to know there are 10 year olds who are still having a childhood and childhood values while having an awareness about the less fortunate and how they can make a difference. You must be very proud of her. :clap: