Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Another comment from Reed on one of his photos, from lindylo at CV:

Reed jokingly commented on another photo that he should not have left the epipen he has at home. I sometimes forget how dangerous a couple of Clay's allergies are and that all his friends have to carry an epipen when they are with him.

Somehow.....I don't think that was the "epipen" joker Reed was referring to.....all together now....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:cryingwlaughter:

wanna laugh?

look at #37 here...

Visit My Website

People like using pictures of his blonde days as fodder for making fun of him... And, yet, I kinda miss it. It was the hairstyle he had when I first became a fan, after all.

I'm confused. I don't see anybody laughing at /making fun of Clay. Considering some of the captions of other lookalikes, this is pretty good actually. One of the best photos of his blond days, IMO.

There is one comment on there about them only sharing their 'gayness' (???) as a trait, but whatever. That is a posted comment, not part of the slideshow.

post-496-1240020077_thumb.jpg

BWAH HA!!! Reed is a durrrty-minded little scamp. The last photo caption. BWAH!

For those who can't see Facebook - it's a shot of a wall in a restaurant with a rather large picture of a rooster on the wall.

Caption: That's a big cock!

ETA: I don't see an epi-pen comment on any of the photos. Maybe it's a different album?

I must be really dense because I don't get the epipen joke at all...maybe it loses something in the translation when you can't see the picture.

Surprised no one has brought them over or posted a link.

Kim

wanna laugh?

look at #37 here...

Visit My Website

People like using pictures of his blonde days as fodder for making fun of him... And, yet, I kinda miss it. It was the hairstyle he had when I first became a fan, after all.

I'm confused. I don't see anybody laughing at /making fun of Clay. Considering some of the captions of other lookalikes, this is pretty good actually. One of the best photos of his blond days, IMO.

There is one comment on there about them only sharing their 'gayness' (???) as a trait, but whatever. That is a posted comment, not part of the slideshow.

:shrug: Well, I just assumed (with the seeming tone of most of the other comparisons) that the comparison between him and a woman was meant to be making fun of him. I do agree that it was one of the nicer blonde pictures... sexy!

Seriously, I think Reed's using "epipen" as code .... for something.

:yeahthat:

Exactly my thought! :hahaha:

For those who can't see Facebook - it's a shot of a wall in a restaurant with a rather large picture of a rooster on the wall.

ETA: I don't see an epi-pen comment on any of the photos. Maybe it's a different album?

I have no idea, cindilu2...just brought it over, as I said....I can't see any of them.

I must be really dense because I don't get the epipen joke at all...maybe it loses something in the translation when you can't see the picture.

Kim.....what have we frequently called that lump in Clay's pocket???

Meh. The captions on the lookalike photos that are mean, are indisputably mean. Most of them are actually comparing celebs who really do look similar. Guess it's all in the perception, but as one who is generally pretty sensitive to Clay slams, this one didn't even ping my radar.

aikim, I feel voyeuristic enough just leering at looking at Reed's album, lol - not ready to swipe the photos yet, lol :cryingwlaughter:

Someone requested an mp3 of "Cry Me a River" over at the CH, so I'm posting the sendspace link here, also.

Scarlett, my daughter's cello teacher gave us passes to see Les Miserables downtown recently. It was fantastic. A kid from her high school drama department was in the chorus, so it was fun trying to spot him in his various costumes.

Youtube has a great series of clips from the 10th anniversary live concert, including "Can You Hear the People Sing" sung by 17 "Jeans" from around the world.

00lsee, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It must have been fun to see her schoolmate in so many scenes!

I enjoyed the TAC (Tenth Anniversary Concert) as a VHS pledge gift from PBS but when the CD came out, the sound was much better than on the tape, eg. Leah was a bit strident on the tape but the blending was more even on the CD. Many of the YouTube clips have been overdubbed from the CD but some haven't, so if you have a choice pick the one with the CD audio. Other good recordings are the OBC (Original Broadway Cast) with Terrence Mann as Javert and the CSR (Complete Symphonic Recording) which features a great international cast and is the only version that records the entire show (on 3 disks).

Someone here, I forget who, likes moon pictures.

Here is one of the full moon at Easter near Nice, France.

Castle and Moon

:pickme: Thank you, Lotus!

I read quickly and viewed TAC on YouTube. I remembered something about "Leah", and ended up watching Lea Salonga singing "I Dreamed A Dream" in Bryant Park. Small in stature, she interpreted the song amazingly. Honestly, I didn't know what the song was, never heard it until this Susan Boyle sensation. But after listening to Lea sing the whole song, I understood the lyrics and the feelings that should go with it. Found many comments 'Susan brought me here'.

Thanks for bringing over the picture of Clay and Ellen -- love it. Don't see anything derogatory but really a truck normally has to fall on me to see an insult. I totally don't bother clicking on things anymore -- so much negativity and need to defend Clay that just won't go away. It's like people are looking for things to be upset about out there.

So, how many individual tickets do they sell for the gala. Looks like there will be a fight to the death for them this year.

Ha ha, :lol: I hope I didn't sound like one of those thin-skinned, "OMG THEY'RE PICKING ON MY PRECIOUS BABY", crazy-ass fans that are out there. I just didn't see a heck of a lot of resemblance between Clay and Ellen and took the comparison as a mild slight. :laugh2: Not that I was insulted or thought that anyone should be insulted, just that maybe the reference was intended to be insulting. Still, it's definitely better than the Chucky doll one. And, "pffft" to needing to defend Clay. Clay's a big boy.... :sleezy: ....and doesn't need protecting. (I couldn't resist a chance to smut badly!)

As for the Gala--:( I wish I could go! I hope FCA gets good representation!

They're actually having a contest? I haven't sought out one video of Susan yet I've heard her at least 10 times already. When pop culture penetrates my head that's saying something. I was in a bakery this morning and a song came on the radio and I'm like I know that voice..that sounds like Kelly Clarkson. And I'm thinking this is a song from her new album. And then I started laughing when the song got to "breakaway" part of the song LOL..That album sold millions and that was like maybe the 3rd time I've heard the song ever. So yep, big penetration from Susan Boyle LOL. I'm not understanding why people are surprised she can sing but I guess you had to be there. Does the show have bad auditions or only talent. Clay was sandwiched between two bad auditions so just automatically in my mind I thought ...uh oh another bad one. I don't think I was shocked he could sing but was surprised at the big voice that came out of him.

They're actually having a contest? I haven't sought out one video of Susan yet I've heard her at least 10 times already. When pop culture penetrates my head that's saying something. <snip>

I heard her voice on the news and thought nice but not interested. I'm just jaded, I guess. Also I hate having these things pushed on me. While Clay is on a leave of absence, I'm all about the economy. I had to laugh at a report that one of our senators called his wife and told her to take money out of the ATM machine every day until their account was emptied. What faith in the USA! It wouldn't take me but one day to empty out my checking account. :cryingwlaughter::cry4:

couchie, I'm not sure I understand the worry about enough gala ticket to go around, unless a whack more people this year have decided to go than last year. There were 500 "cheap seat" tickets on sale last year, and there were a few still up for grabs the day of. Maybe more people have decided to attend because there hasn't been a tour announcement, as some expected? Anyways, I'm not particularly worried. Maybe it's just me and I'll eat my words on June 30th. LOL

The comment on that Clay/Ellen photo comparison said that they looked like a modern day Donny & Marie. So I don't get what's upsetting about him being compared to a woman in that way? Hey, I think they'd do a killer variety show together!

I think people were surprised that Susan Boyle could sing because she was older. I personally think it's wonderful that she was given the chance to strut her stuff at 47. Can't do that on American Idol, can you? I hope she is wildly successful.

Heyyyy... I love the whole Susan Boyle phenomenon ... I love human-interest stories and the entertainment industry plays a very important part during troubled times because people need to be distracted from the realities of their daily life. I think that's partly why the media has jumped on it but the Susan Boyle situation is also a reflection of how powerful the internet has become. Can you imagine if American Idol Season #2 was happening right now instead of back in 2003? YT was 'relatively' unknown back then. Today, clips from YouTube are played on our news programs daily. Almost daily I receive YT clips of something or other. I never clicked on a YT link in 2003 and AI#3 wasn't shown here. I don't get UK Xfactor or Britain's Got Talent yet I have been watching both shows on YouTube. Clay's story in today's 'climate' would have made a lot of waves internationally, especially with his transformation, and let's not forget THE VOICE!

Anyway, I hope Susan wins but heck, it's only early days in BGT and who knows what's around the corner in terms of another act sweeping everyone off their feet!

I have no idea, cindilu2...just brought it over, as I said....I can't see any of them.

Here is the photo of the big cock, LOL, but I don't see anything on any of the 59 photos about an epipen. FromClaygary, you can't see them again? I thought we solved that problem by being logged in? AFAIK these photos are public to anyone who is logged into Facebook.

post-212-1240054249_thumb.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council Honor!

:yahoo:

9 Days until Rosie's Benefit and possible video of Clay!

26 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

heee....skip if you are tired of Susan Boyle, I am just trying to explain the interest......

It is the juxtaposition of seeing Susan Boyle and hearing her talk, and the quite cynical and rude snickerings of the audience and the long-suffering but polite looks on the judges' faces - and then, honestly, just the first few notes of her song sounded as good as, if not better, than most you would hear on Broadway. The judges were shocked, and even if you don't care for Susan, it is very entertaining to see Amanda Holden's facial expression trying to fight through what seems to be a lot of Botox. One of my favorite parts is when Holden knows there is a five note run coming up - she is waiting to see how Susan does that, and when it is effortlessly knocked out of the park, Holden stands and cheers.

It is the combination of the video and the voice that has captured people, and the back story.

But yeah, they are not expecting her voice because this is a quite no-holds-barred talent show. The next favorite is a father-son team with jiggly bellies doing a brilliantly funny take-off on Michael Flatley (Lord of the Dance). They made it to the next round, too!

Heeeee........watching Susan, for me, must be how some feel when they watch some of the faves on American Idol - I am thinking one thing, they are thinking quite another!

Also, what is amazing to me is the phrasing - she is getting into the meanings, not just singing a poem or prose. Um, example, in Cry Me a River, most singers sing You drove me, nearly drove me, out of my HEAD While you never SHED a tear -

because that is the rhyme. But she sings it like one would actually say it, I know that is weird to pick up on, but I do tend to notice phrasing.

Anyway, here is the youtube link, it is interesting, is all! She is so artless and simply direct. And she never loses her composure. She does/did sing in pubs for a while, I think that is where she got her composure.

susan boyle

And a bit of it is that somehow she makes it seem like good things are still possible no matter how old or not fashionable you are!!!!

Anyway, here is the youtube link, it is interesting, is all! She is so artless and simply direct. And she never loses her composure.
She does/did sing in pubs for a while, I think that is where she got her composure.

And a bit of it is that somehow she makes it seem like good things are still possible no matter how old or not fashionable you are!!!!

You mean she didn't get it from singing in church? (She's a devout Catholic)

ETA:

Susan Boyle is the Catholic Church’s new internet sensation

http://bluepanjeet.net/2009/04/18/4469/sus...rnet-sensation/

it is very entertaining to see Amanda Holden's facial expression trying to fight through what seems to be a lot of Botox

:hahaha::cryingwlaughter:

I can't stand Amanda Holden, she is totally plastic!!