#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Good morning everyone! New thread, as well as the winner of the picture tourney yesterday...we went over 100 votes for the first time, I think. Thanks all...and here is yesterday's winner.

Clay_Aiken_color_5_hi_res.jpg

Today's battle is young vs. "more mature." Hee! Here is today's photo tourney poll!

Yay, Page 1! Thank you so much for the beautiful banner and for the "large" picture versions and wallpapers. It's great to see him looking so wonderful!!! I can just sit here and stare up at the banner for hours and hours... better to sit 'cause doesn't he just make you go all weak at the knees?!! :perfect10:

(and the same goes for yesterday's winning picture. Thanks for reposting, ldyj!) :claykiss:

:helloFCA:

Isn't he just gorgeous?

There are a million pics of him out there yet this one just grabs me. I could stare at it all day. Something (or someone) is doing this boy man good...very good.

Isn't he just gorgeous?

There are a million pics of him out there yet this one just grabs me. I could stare at it all day. Something (or someone) is doing this boy man good...very good.

I think he finally has the weight of the world off his shoulders; no more dealing with RCA or questions about his sexuality...he's free to be himself now and I think it shows; plus between Reed and Parker, I think he is on top of the world!

Kim

aikim... ditto! I agree with you, plus add in the new label that seems to be a better fit and .... his world is good!

Now... Tour, dammit! Looking like the banner of course... :cryingwlaughter:

I love this picture but I like the other new one where he's out in the sun and looking all pale and freckly and cute with the softest looking hair ever and just a hint of a crooked smile even better. I know the rest of ya'll were concentrating on the shirt collar heee. When did he start wearing his glasses on his head. My brother does that - the only person I know that does that. Or are there like thousands of photos that show that heee. Oh wait..don't you do that Muski? See how unobservant I am?

I'm not sure if I mentioned this but after only hearing Clay like 4 times ever when out and about..the last 3 times I've gone shopping the voice has enveloped me: Invisible, On My Way Here and A Thousand Days. I hadn't heard Invisible in like forever. Made me smile.

I love the thread title. Right up there with He is....therefore I fan. Still want the t-shirt heee...or cup or something. One of these days.

I have to post a small complaint, though. Our banner is v. v. distracting!!! I have never mistyped so many things, clicked on the wrong buttons and failed to click the right ones in my life!!! We need some major warning signs around it!!!

I forgot to say this on the first day bec. my mind turned to molasses. but thank you so much for a beautiful job, cindilu2!!! And thanks also for getting it up so quickly.

:thankyou::BlowKiss:

I have to post a small complaint, though. Our banner is v. v. distracting!!! I have never mistyped so many things, clicked on the wrong buttons and failed to click the right ones in my life!!! We need some major warning signs around it!!!

I forgot to say this on the first day bec. my mind turned to molasses. but thank you so much for a beautiful job, cindilu2!!! And thanks also for getting it up so quickly.

Aww, thanks Scarlett. :thbighug-1: It's certainly the fastest banner I've ever made, lol. I do have another, more carefully constructed one, but maybe I'll wait a few days. I did, however, decide to do away with the Decca dude altogether. *g* (((Decca Dude)))

Clay sighting:

From the blogs:

Quote:

9to5 was amazing, I had a blast and I got to meet Alison Janey backstage and randomly Clay Aiken was there. True story!

http://lapbandcub.blogspot.com/2009/08/40-days.html

I love this picture but I like the other new one where he's out in the sun and looking all pale and freckly and cute with the softest looking hair ever and just a hint of a crooked smile even better. I know the rest of ya'll were concentrating on the shirt collar heee. When did he start wearing his glasses on his head. My brother does that - the only person I know that does that. Or are there like thousands of photos that show that heee. Oh wait..don't you do that Muski? See how unobservant I am?

For Couchie B) :

Atlanta_Airport_8_23_09_cropped.jpg

clay-aiken-son-parker-aiken-08.jpg

20090503_001_VisitingFamilyInLA.jpg

P.S. I put my sunglasses on top of my head all the time. Only I don't like to do it with wire-framed glasses like Clay's because the nose-pieces can get tangled in my hair and it's painful to get them out. Plastic-framed sunglasses work better for me.

bottle... thanks for that wonderful collection of "glasses on the head" pics. Niiiiiiice!!!!

couchie.... I'm with you on the phrase, "He is, therefore I fan." LOVE IT!!! One of these days!

bottle... thanks for that wonderful collection of "glasses on the head" pics. Niiiiiiice!!!!

couchie.... I'm with you on the phrase, "He is, therefore I fan." LOVE IT!!! One of these days!

Maybe once the boards pick up again we can do another pin? *ducks from Couchie*

you better run heee -- speaking of which I got an email from the pin people. I guess things are tough all over. It was a..you bought pins a year ago and we invite you to come back...blah blah blah... letter. But yes we have dibs on that phrase... heee.

one of the best things about mod privileges is you can go into everybody elses posts and fix your typos if they've quote you. Wonder how much Jamar would pay for that privilege :hysterical: Fundraiser idea? heee

I gotted all excited cuz something that I said got voted to be the thread title cuz I've never been a thread title before...er I mean...oh you know what I mean...anyhow...I was going "Kewl man!"

:rocker:

...and THEN I opened the thread and I saw....

"THE PICTURE"

No, no...not the recent stud picture....BUT this:

Good morning everyone! New thread, as well as the winner of the picture tourney yesterday...we went over 100 votes for the first time, I think. Thanks all...and here is yesterday's winner.

Clay_Aiken_color_5_hi_res.jpg

Today's battle is young vs. "more mature." Hee! Here is today's photo tourney poll!

....and I skidded to a full and complete stop! OMG! I LOVE that picture! It's one of my all-time favourite professionally taken Clay pix of all time.

:hubbahubba:

You mean I missed voting for THAT? How in the HELL did I miss seeing a tourney with THAT picture????? How did I miss going to vote???? :yow: I dunno....I had the Name that Tune window open, trying to decipher clues about flying monkeys, and never escaped I guess, lol.

:dan:

So, LdyJ can you make it 103 votes and tack another vote on for the winner for me huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Hee I love this thread title!

:confetti-1:

Well, the was my one bit of cleverness for the Month. Don't expect anything else witty from me for awhile, K? :wordpooper:

funky-DancingPickle.gif

Deccacrop-1.jpg

funky-DancingPickle.gif

OMG! That's hysterical!!! :lmao:

Aww, thanks Scarlett. :thbighug-1: It's certainly the fastest banner I've ever made, lol. I do have another, more carefully constructed one, but maybe I'll wait a few days. I did, however, decide to do away with the Decca dude altogether. *g* (((Decca Dude)))

No Decca dude? Just being a good little fact checker here... I originally called David the A&R guy, "the Decca dude" but I've since since some people refer to Clay as "the Decca dude". Which Decca dude ya gettin' rid of, lol?

:cryingwlaughter:

Oh hey, BTW....Has anybody else here ever start to reply to two threads at the same time and merrily click away at the quote buttons and then click reply on the one thread and find all of the quotes from both threads all thrown in there together and then have to go throw and sort them?

No?

Just me huh with the ADD? :huh:

:moron:

Yes, I know it's two months until Halloween, but I saw these at Target today and I had to buy them now.

IMG_0655.jpg

candycorn20ani.gif Waves to FearofH20.candycorn20ani.gif

:huh:

What in the HELL are they? :cryingwlaughter:

I dunno but I see something Holy Grain behind them!

Yes, I know it's two months until Halloween, but I saw these at Target today and I had to buy them now.

IMG_0655.jpg

Iam so jealous bc. I think this calls for a quick trip to Target this weekend. Besides anytime is candy corn time, you don't really have to wait for Halloween.

halloween3.jpg

one of the best things about mod privileges is you can go into everybody elses posts and fix your typos if they've quote you. Wonder how much Jamar would pay for that privilege :hysterical: Fundraiser idea? heee

I know! :cryingwlaughter:

IMG_0655.jpg

How cool is that??!! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee I am so excited! I just bought a new car....all by myself. My DH hasn't seen it or anything and it's all on MY credit! I have wanted to be able to do that for years but they always wanted a co-signer but no more!!!

One of the great things on this car is that it has a hard drive....oh yess....I can play a CD and save it to the car. Guess which one I put in and saved first?

That is so cool, Merrieee!! I did that while I was still in college -- of course it was a Chevette and actual POS, but I was proud of the lil monster LOL

Hey, has anybody else but me noticed this? If you hover your mouse over Clay's face on the banner and sidebar, you see "Holy Crap" ??? I love it!