#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

And we even have a tentative date! Life is good indeed!

Yes it is! :04: Who is going to Raleigh? I had a SW ticket sale that just expired yesterday. I am sure that there will be another good sale next month.

Wow--I popped my "new thread" cherry! And I did it spontaneously without thinking of the consequences at all. Cause that CA guy got me hot. :wub:

Seriously, I know ldyj is sick, so I just decided on the spot, What the heck! Go for it! Worked OK, despite my computer crashing right in the middle. Guess the computer got hot too. :04:

NEW BLOG

**I know I can't do it but I'm checking the fare anyway.**

Of course you are! Are you sure you can't do it? Really sure? Completely totally positively sure? Because....

It's Clay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :04: :04: :04: :04:

March the 12th is a deal breaker for me. Like one of the three biggest days of the year for my job. And I do need to keep it, damn it! So, to answer Clay's question "how will you first hear the new album" .... my best hope now is CELLCERT.

This is probably old news, but I just found it yesterday from a Decca tweet and thought it was newsy on several levels about the label. It's the press release for Celtic Thunder's new CD:

Decca Label Group Press Release for Celtic Thunder

NEW YORK, Jan. 18 (UPI) -- Decca Label Group says Celtic Thunder's next CD/DVD set is to be released in the United States next month.

"It's Entertainment!" is to go on sale Feb. 9, the label said.

The 60-minute DVD, shot in high-definition at one of the Irish and Scottish vocal group's shows in Toronto, will feature more than half an hour of additional bonus material including behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, Decca said. The CD will also feature new tracks not on the DVD.

The track list for the CD is "Home," "Life With You," "Lough Swilly Railway," "Hallelujah," "Just like Jesse James," "Hard to Say I'm Sorry," "Bad Bad Leroy Brown," "Doo Whacka Doo," "Amazing Grace," "Hello Again," "When You Wish Upon a Star," "Standing on the Corner," "Surf Medley -- Surf City/Fun, Fun, Fun/Surfin' USA," "Everything I Do (I Do it For You)" and "I Still Haven't Found (What I'm Lookin' For.)"

"It's Entertainment!" is expected to premiere as a new concert special on Public Television beginning Feb. 27, with airings to follow throughout March. This will mark Celtic Thunder's third major Public Television concert event, Decca said.

1. A companion high-def DVD with the CD. Dare I dream?

2. CD to be released on February 9th and PBS Special to begin airing on February 27th for a month.

3. Less than a month lead time between press release and CD release.

4. Fifteen songs on the CD, one a medley.

Of course this could be nothing at all like what Decca is planning for Clay. But as a starving fan, I'll grab anything these days!

What i happening March 12. I've been out of it.

We have no idea, but according to Clay, it's gonna be big. It could be when the PBS special is filmed but it had been reported as being done in February, so who knows.

Not sure if I can go but I sure hope lots of fans can go and give updates and clack.

First of all -- thanks jmh for creating the new thread! She did a fine, fine job!

I'm feeling better today, and am at work, albeit at a different library location than normal. Fortunately, it's fairly quiet around here now, so I can do this...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*ahem*

That date might work for me, as it is right before Spring Break. BUT....do I want to blow my travel money on this, and then have him announce a tour later? I really can't afford to do more than one Clay trip per year. Besides, I'm planning a trip with my husband for the last two weeks in June to Washington, DC. (Anyone have any hotel tips for that city, BTW?)

But still.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I can't afford to go, but I've existed on clack for a long time and I will again.

The man has to come to me, that's all there is to it. Unless that lottery ticket I never buy miraculously comes thru... LOL

Maybe the PBS special filming got moved from Feb to Mar. That's my guess! He's gonna want his own fans at the filming, I'm sure, so there will be lots of eeeee'ing and lots of laughing... both of which are good for a PBS special that we hope brings him lots of new fans. Just think of the faces Clay can make at our silliness, which makes for more silliness and LOTS of fun!!!

I should practice with my camera as I don't get great clack. I will be there for sure. Friday is a great day for me as it is my only free day in the week. Even Mr. Fear says he'll go if I promise that no one will scream. I assured him that no one does that. :lies: Whatever it is, wherever it is.

If it is the PBS Special; I really doubt they will allow clack...probably be pretty strict on cameras and video cameras while they are filming.

Kim

If it is the PBS Special; I really doubt they will allow clack...probably be pretty strict on cameras and video cameras while they are filming.

Kim

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering about cell phones...if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Kim

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering about cell phones...if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Yep...clack is great, but I wouldn't want anyone doing anything that could get them or Clay in trouble...this is a pretty big deal for him.

Kim

NEW BLOG

Of course you are! Are you sure you can't do it? Really sure? Completely totally positively sure? Because....

I checked the fare and it's almost $1000. That pretty much puts the kibosh on a trip over there in March. I guess I shall be content to wait until the summer.....

maybe.....:whistling-1:

First of all -- thanks jmh for creating the new thread! She did a fine, fine job!

I'm feeling better today, and am at work, albeit at a different library location than normal. Fortunately, it's fairly quiet around here now, so I can do this...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*ahem*

That date might work for me, as it is right before Spring Break. BUT....do I want to blow my travel money on this, and then have him announce a tour later? I really can't afford to do more than one Clay trip per year. Besides, I'm planning a trip with my husband for the last two weeks in June to Washington, DC. (Anyone have any hotel tips for that city, BTW?)

But still.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thank you thank you. Glad you are feeling better!

And as someone just said in an e-mail, bet the tickets sell out fast. A bunch of folks are booking everything already, but if you don't have a ticket, it's a problem.

Didn't we get a rumor of a summer tour??? But if the PBS show is in the summer, and the album release is in the summer, then I wonder.....

Ah, such wonderful problems to be having. :04:

For a DC hotel, definitely look for one near the public transportation system. I've stayed in a bunch of hotels there over the years, usually for conferences. I think my favorite was one in Georgetown. Close to the metro and within walking distance of many good restaurants. I can't find the name of it, but it was more about the location than the hotel anyway. It was near either the Farragut West or Foggy Bottom stations, I think. Or maybe it was near Dupont Circle. Or the Farragut North station. The Holiday Inn Washington-Georgetown looks like one I stayed at, but it is 1.5 mi. from the nearest station. So that's not good. Sorry--I'm not much help. In my looking, I discovered that some hotels in the area charge quite a lot for wireless in your room, and one at least charged per computer, so definitely keep that in mind! Yikes!

NEW BLOG

I checked the fare and it's almost $1000. That pretty much puts the kibosh on a trip over there in March. I guess I shall be content to wait until the summer.....

maybe.....:whistling-1:

Holy shit! :dead-1: It would be great to know if there's going to be a tour, wouldn't it?

How about a thread for this unknown adventure? We could have a list of those attending whatever it is at 7PM on March 12, somewhere in or near Raleigh. I do love a mystery. :snoopy:

It sounds like the Journey to the Unknown, or the Magical Mystery Tour Hour. This "thing" is aching for an interim title. I suppose the most obvious would be March12@7. What this man hath wrought! I'm almost embarrassed to be so giddy. (But, unh-unh)