#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

KAndre, you are the woman! I don't think I took a breath the entire time I was reading that recap.

Of course, that might be the really long sentences working.

frankly, by the end of the tour, I expect Quiana will be passing around a collection plate

Damn it, I really should have my credit card ready to dump at Clay's feet, shouldn't I?

DITTO to Idyj's post! I sent this recap to a friend and told her to inhale deeply before diving in. Thnx, KAndre! :cryingwlaughter:

Bottle, looking forward to the "finished" set list. You can't imagine how many people are "googling" this in blog searches. :)

Just added a YouTube video of Part 1 of the Phineas&Ferb preview to the Carolina blog. It includes the duet and the camera-smashing kid. I hope it stays up! :whistling-1:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I don’t know that it’s finished, Caro, but here’s what I have with the corrections you guys have noted since I posted it last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying without Wings / This is the Night mash-up

Suspicious Minds - Clay

Bring it on Home to Me - Ruben

In the Midnight Hour / Up on the Roof / Out of my Head Over You / Can’t Hurry Love / So Happy Together / Sugar Pie Honey Bunch / Cryin’ / Soul Man / Wouldn’t It Be Nice / Candy Girl / Honey Honey / Harper Valley PTA / Ain’t too Proud to Beg / Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

Natural Woman - Casey

Still the One - Clay

Marvin Gaye Tribute - Mercy Mercy Me / What’s Going On - Ruben

Night Fever / Ain’t No Stopping Us Now / December 1963 (Oh What A Night) / Oh Girl / On the Radio / Turn the Beat Around / Get On Up (James Brown) / Don’t Go Breaking My Heart / More than A Feeling / September

Mandy - Clay

Superstar - Ruben

I’m Every Woman - Quiana

Stay with Me Tonight - Ruben

Revival – Ruben healing Clay from lack of rhythmitis

When I See You Smile - Clay

Eye of the Tiger / All Night Long / Glory of Love / Shout (Tears for Fears) / Africa (Toto) / I Can’t Fight This Feeling / Rhythm of the Night / If This is It /Through the Fire / Alone / Caribbean Queen / Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now / Footloose

Everything I Do I Do It For You - Ruben

This How We Do It / Poison / Achy Breaky Heart / You’ve Got the Right Stuff / MMMBop / End of the Road / I Swear / I Want it That Way / Do You Remember the Time/ You Oughta Know / Jump Around / Baby Got Back / Living La Vida Loca / One Sweet Day

Time of My Life - Group

(I took the quote out so the corrected version will stand with less confusion - thanks for keeping track, bottlecap!)

Just a tiny note - What A Night in the 70's medley is officially called 'December 1963' (Oh What a Night)

If I'm counting right that's 67 songs!

I don’t know that it’s finished, Caro, but here’s what I have with the corrections you guys have noted since I posted it last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suspicious Minds - Clay

In the Midnight Hour / Up on the Roof / Out of my Head Over You / Can’t Hurry Love / So Happy Together / Sugar Pie Honey Bunch / Cryin’ / Soul Man / Wouldn’t It Be Nice / Candy Girl / Honey Honey / Harper Valley PTA / Ain’t too Proud to Beg / Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

Natural Woman - Casey

Still the One - Clay

Night Fever / Ain’t No Stopping Us Now / What A Night / Oh Girl / On the Radio / Turn the Beat Around / Get On Up (James Brown) / Don’t Go Breaking My Heart / More than A Feeling / September

Mandy - Clay

Superstar - Ruben

I’m Every Woman - Quiana

Eye of the Tiger / All Night Long / Glory of Love / Shout (Tears for Fears) / Africa (Toto) / I Can’t Fight This Feeling / Rhythm of the Night / If This is It /Through the Fire / Alone / Caribbean Queen / Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now / Footloose

This How We Do It / Poison / Achy Breaky Heart / You’ve Got the Right Stuff / MMMBop / End of the Road / I Swear / I Want it That Way / Do You Remember the Time/ You Oughta Know / Jump Around / Baby Got Back / Living La Vida Loca / One Sweet Day

Time of My Life - Group

Tiny edits just to perfume the pig:

Out of My Head Over You = Goin' Out of My Head

Can't Hurry Love = You Can't Hurry Love

So Happy Together = Happy Together

SPHB = I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)

Cryin' = Crying

Honey Honey = Sugar Sugar

What a Night = Oh What a Night

I Can't Fight This Feeling = Can't Fight This Feeling

How anal am I?

Gottcha. More edits are going to have to wait until this evening. I have a very hard time posting much at FCA in anything other than Google Chrome, which I only have at home.

Maybe I’ll set up a Google Doc and post the link so you guys can make changes directly.

Gottcha. More edits are going to have to wait until this evening. I have a very hard time posting much at FCA in anything other than Google Chrome, which I only have at home.

Maybe I’ll set up a Google Doc and post the link so you guys can make changes directly.

To add one more, I believe the proper spelling of Clay's disease is lackofrhythmitis. :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you so much for keeping up with the list and getting it all straight!!!

To add one more, I believe the proper spelling of Clay's disease is lackofrhythmitis.

I have that disease and always spell it lacarhythmitis. It's a terrible affliction.

Here's an audio of Clay commenting on his fans:

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2010/07/26/clay-aiken-cant-comprehend-his-fans-loyalty/

Another shot at the setlist until keepingfaith gets all anal about the song titles again and/or the spirit of Weezy moves the guys to change it up. :cryingwlaughter: There still may be gaps in the medleys, but that probably needs a careful examination of the Clack, and I haven't put the time into that yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suspicious Minds - Clay

In the Midnight Hour / Up on the Roof / Goin' Out of my Head / You Can’t Hurry Love / Happy Together / I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) / Crying / Soul Man / Wouldn’t It Be Nice / Candy Girl / Sugar Sugar / Harper Valley PTA / Ain’t too Proud to Beg / Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

Natural Woman - Casey

Still the One - Clay

Night Fever / Ain’t No Stopping Us Now / December 1963 (Oh What A Night) / Oh Girl / On the Radio / Turn the Beat Around / Get On Up (James Brown) / Don’t Go Breaking My Heart / More than A Feeling / September

Mandy - Clay

Superstar - Ruben

I’m Every Woman - Quiana

Eye of the Tiger / All Night Long / Glory of Love / Shout (Tears for Fears) / Africa (Toto) / Can’t Fight This Feeling / Rhythm of the Night / If This is It /Through the Fire / Alone / Caribbean Queen / Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now / Footloose

Time of My Life - Group

Reminder: Tonight's show starts at 7:00 pm

...uh for the timezoned challenged among us??????

:imgtongue:

LOL - Eastern, but I don't even know that for sure - just going by the OFC Appearances schedule (and we know how accurate and timely the OFC is :-P)

I'm not getting any cellstream yet so who the heck knows? And now there it is. Space Odyssey music starting now (7:07 PM EDT)

I would have been here tonight for the cellcert, except that one of my cats decided that tonight would be a good time to barf on my bedspread. Therefore, emergency laudromat run.

Disney Radio link for Phineas and Ferb premiere

It should be premiering Clay and Chaka Khan in about a half hour.

I would have been here tonight for the cellcert, except that one of my cats decided that tonight would be a good time to barf on my bedspread. Therefore, emergency laudromat run.

Disney Radio link for Phineas and Ferb premiere

It should be premiering Clay and Chaka Khan in about a half hour.

I keep getting 'Stream Failed To Load'. I hope it isn't another Canadian thing. :(

Oh shoot, I don't know....I'm listening now!

And if you got to see the clip from yesterday, you've heard the song. The only change was that Clay sang the line that Phineas or Ferb sang at the very end.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Canadian thing. Oh well... somebody let us know if it's different than the preview clip, please!

Thanks, ldyj! I would like to give it (Disney) some hits, but alas.... I'm just grateful the video stream works. That clip made me smile hard (as my avi attests to).

I haven't posted in ages but I thought you all would be interested in seeing my photos:

Clay & Ruben - Jacksonville

Did I just dream this? Are you kidding? Breaks sound barrier clicking link................ :snoopy:

ETA: page 20 shows so many emotions in one minute it makes my head spin. I love how many pics you have of the other performers.

Thank you thank you thank you. I've missed your photos. You have a unique eye, Tasapio.