#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

PFFFFTTTBB! Alone kicks Mandy's sorry whiny ass.

Bring It On Home and Just One Look kick all asses. I LOVE Sam Cooke. In my dream world Clay would sing full versions of both. The one I could do without the most: Achy Breaky Heart. Okay, now I've put in a discouraging word. Are you happy? cryingwlaughter.gif

I have yet to hear Bring It On Home and Just One Look but I can't wait. Tomorrow night I'm going to listen to my first cellcert, damn it! cryingwlaughter.gif Now off to find the complete set list to send to luckiestdaughter (who is over the moon happy about this tour being JBT On Crack!)

I really do not like the format for the OFC forums. Can never find anything.

Please tell me where the concerts are being discussed over there.

Thanks

:giveflowers:

I really do not like the format for the OFC forums. Can never find anything.

Please tell me where the concerts are being discussed over there.

Thanks

:giveflowers:

Here, in the Tour Talk forum. There is a thread for each venue. Not really a lot of discussion - more red reports and photos.

Is may be my imagination, but in this picture #14 of 15 from the Florida Time-Union at Jacksonville.com don't his teefers look more like the originals? Maybe I'm crazy, but these look like the old teeth I was missing.

Concert photos from Jacksonville website

And could somebody more skilled than me copy that photo? I LOVE IT!!!

Now off to find the complete set list to send to luckiestdaughter (who is over the moon happy about this tour being JBT On Crack!)

This is the setlist I have - it has a few blanks in the medleys, but it hits the highlights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying without Wings / This is the Night mash-up

Opening Banter

Suspicious Minds - Clay

Bring it on Home to Me - Ruben

In the Midnight Hour / Up on the Roof / Out of my Head Over You / Can’t Hurry Love / So Happy Together / Sugar Pie Honey Bunch / Cryin’ / Soul Man / Wouldn’t It Be Nice / Candy Girl / Honey Honey / Harper Valley PTA / Ain’t too Proud to Beg / Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

Natural Woman - Casey

Still the One - Clay

Marvin Gaye Tribute - Mercy Mercy Me - Ruben

Night Fever / Ain’t No Stopping Us Now / What A Night / Oh Girl / On the Radio / Turn the Beat Around / James Brown - Get On Up / Don’t Go Breaking My Heart / More than A Feeling / September

Mandy - Clay

Superstar - Ruben

I’m Every Woman - Quiana

Stay with Me Tonight - Ruben

Something churchy - Ruben. Healing Clay from his lack of rhythm

When I See You Smile - Clay

Eye of the Tiger / All Night Long / Glory of Love / Shout (Tears for Fears) / Africa (Toto) / I Can’t Fight This Feeling / Rhythm of the Night / If This is It /Through the Fire / Alone / Caribbean Queen / Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now / Footloose

Everything I Do I Do It For You - Ruben

This How We Do It / Poison / Achy Breaky Heart / You’ve Got the Right Stuff / MMMBop / End of the Road / I Swear / I Want it That Way / Do You Remember the Time/ You Oughta Know / Jump Around / Baby Got Back / Living La Vida Loca / One Sweet Day

Time of My Life - Group

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully, after the tours moves west from Florida, I'll be able to cross out that tiresome Mandy song and fill the blank in with something less whiny, like, I dunno, ALONE?

Is may be my imagination, but in this picture #14 of 15 from the Florida Time-Union at Jacksonville.com don't his teefers look more like the originals? Maybe I'm crazy, but these look like the old teeth I was missing.

Concert photos from Jacksonville website

And could somebody more skilled than me copy that photo? I LOVE IT!!!

I'll post the photo for you only if you swear to never use the word 'teefers' again (or toofies, or widdle teef, or any variation thereof)

Deal?

:cryingwlaughter:

post-496-128010399062_thumb.jpg

The James Brown song is, I think, "Get On Up."

After "End of the Road" is "I Swear," done by either All-4-One (if you like boy bands) or John Michael Montgomery (if you're a country fan).

Bottle, did you see the post at CV RE the set list?

claikendee wrote:

LUVclay at CB has set list updates....

I think I can help with some of the songs. "This Is How We Do It" is by Montell Jordan. The song after is "Poison" by Bel Biv DeVoe. That was a huge hit was when I was in HS. The Jefferson Starship song is "Nothing Is Gonna Stop Us Now." I have not seen the rest of the 90s medley beyond the Backstreet Boys Song. I have not seen the 80s medley yet either. I hope that helps though I'm sure someone has posted it anyway.

I would love to print a set list in the Carolina blog. I notice that lots of people are coming there via Google searches for a set list.

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Here is the set list I posted a couple of days ago. Changes have been made, I believe:

("Quiet1ne")This is the JBT on crack.

So far in the “JBT on Crack”/Time-Life Tour: QUOTE Ruben: Flying Without Wings/Clay: This is the Night

C: Suspicious Minds

R: Bring it on Home to Me

Medley: In the Midnight Hour/Up on the roof/ Just One Look /Out of my Head/ Someday We'll Be Together /Can’t Hurry Love/Happy Together/Can’t Help Myself/Cryin’/Soul Man/Wouldn’t it be Nice/Shotgun/Sugar Sugar/Harper Valley PTA/Ain’t to Proud to Beg/Ain’t no Mountain High Enough

Casey/Quiana: Natural Woman (countrified)

C: Still the One

R: Mercy Me

Medley: Night Fever/Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now/ Oh, What a Night/Oh Girl/On the Radio/Turn the Beat Around/ Make It Funky, Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4/Don’t Go Breaking My Heart/More Than a Feeling/September

C: Mandy

R: Superstar

Q: I’m Every Woman

R: Baby, stay with me tonight?

Ruben: Revival

C: When I See You Smile

Medley: Eye of the Tiger/Dance the Whole Night Away/Rhythm of the Night/Glory of Love/Tears for Fears/Africa/I Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore/?/All Night long/This Is It/Alone/Caribbean Queen/Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now /Footloose

R: Everything I Do, I Do For You

Medley: This is How We do It ( Boyz2Men)/Poison/Achy Breaky Heart/ The right stuff/MMBop/End of the Road/I Swear/I Want it That Way/You Ougtha Know/Jump Jump/Baby Got Back/Livin La Vida Loca/One Sweet Day

C/R: I’ve Had the Time of my Life

The guys and girls are getting quite a workout in the show! good to see a big man like Ruben moving so well! he's quite in shape I guess, and the Spamalot experience has helped Clay too I'm sure. I'm so looking forward to August 10th! I just love the music in the show and they are both great showmen!!!

I have a few of corrections now that I've finally listened to everything:

The Tears for Fears song is: Shout

The REO Speedwagon song is: Can't Fight This Feeling

After it is a Chaka Khan song: Through The Fire

The Huey Lewis song is: If This Is It

And the title of the Jump Jump song is: Jump Around

I have a few of corrections now that I've finally listened to everything:

The Tears for Fears song is: Shout

The REO Speedwagon song is: Can't Fight This Feeling

After it is a Chaka Khan song: Through The Fire

The Huey Lewis song is: If This Is It

And the title of the Jump Jump song is: Jump Around

Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished list ... but then they will probably change it, LOL! :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest1, you are right. Deborah's recording is very clear. I hope she will attend an indoor concert and record again as the show gets tighter.

Caro :listen:

I don't understand why some people feel the need to pick apart everything Clay does and piss and moan and bitch because he didn't devine what was in their minds and give it to them.

I know what I'D like to give them.

(Snort!)

Ahem, Mandy is the pinnacle, the pinnacle I say, of musical expression.

Minor correction to the set list: Ruben's Marvin tribute starts with Mercy Me but ends with What's Going On

My God, this concert series is fun. And Ruben is very friendly.

We are at Tasapios's house that she doesn't seem to have a key to the front door, but went through the back and let us in. The cats recognized her, so I am reassured that she actually lives here.

I really will do more tomorrow.

For anyone else who is out of the loop, I went searching for the Little Mermaid reference. Apparently Quiana wrote this on Twitter:

Attention all @clayaiken fans: We are in need of a Little Mermaid DVD. The first person to show up 2mor night in Florida with it gets a meet & greet pass & a Clay Aiken autograph t-shirt. Ready, Set, Go!

And I also found a post from Scarlett on CH:

Thank you so very, very, VERY much for your posts, PMs, e-mails, good thoughts and prayers last night. All the love and support you sent was just overwhelming. I wish every person who ever found themselves alone and without resources had a strong, caring community watching out for them just like Clay Nation. Way back one cold December day in Atlanta and then again last night, 7 years later in Jacksonville summer, you're "Still the One!" I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH!!!

I wish there were a way to get the idiots involved w/o letting them drag the show and Ruben and Clay (tm: guy w/o the yellow shirt) into their mess, but there's just no sure way to do this so (sadly) I'm letting it go.

Meanwhile, here's the "Clack that did NOT get smashed". I really loved "Suspicious Minds" because it was from my best clack-taking seat in ages. Hope you like it too.

http://www.stripedsocksirens.com/members/Scarlett/Clay/100724_Jacksonville/

ps. My companions think i packed my entire house into my suitcase, but apparently i left behind my "Litte Mermaid" DVD behind. :(

*scratches head -- but, but... they couldn't get this themselves in an all-night Walmart?!!*

I'm loving the clack! Clay is dancing up a storm, and I can't even imagine how much fun that's going to be from the 4th row in Windsor. I only have to get through 6 more days at work.....thank God for holidays and short weeks.

Melbourne Recap from CINDYANNEF at CV

When I first sat down behind Scarlett & Lucia ( Hi Guys hideTMCHA.gif it was so great to finally meet both of you) , they told me that some security guy came by and said that all camera's and video's were prohibited. I thought that was sort of funny, because the last 6-7 concerts that I've been to there, they didn't mind the camera or the filming of the shows one bit. Since I am a member of the King Center, I happen to know a lot of the people who run the King Center itself, along with most of the official members of the security team that work there. I asked them to point this person out that told them that. They pointed that person out to me, and low and behold, it was one of the wanna be security guys, who normally works the parking area as a flag man, but he was by no means an official member of the security team. Why he was working inside I have no idea, but I think it went to his head. I along with a few others asked around, and then they came back and said, that they could take them as long as no flash was used. After the show started I looked around, but I didn't see anyone who was taking photo's or video's being approached by the security there. And there was quite a few of them taking both photo's, as well as video through-out the concert.

I did notice that there were a lot of people of all ages there this time unlike previous concerts of Clay's that I have attended in the past. This time also included a lot of men in that mix. Men of all ages too! They were scattered though-out the the whole place, and they were not just someone's hubby's that tagged along with their wives to this concert either. In fact, right behind me in was a group of 6 men all sitting together, who were all approx. 30-35 yrs old. They were dancing, singing, and laughing their heads off just like the rest of us. I think they were having the time of their lives, if their actions and the smiles on their faces were any indication.

The show itself was great, but I have to tell you.... I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants a couple of times, towards the end of the show! (Sorry but I really had to go, and I wasn't about to miss even one minute of this show) Just let me say, that if Ruben's musical career decides to take a dive suddenly one day, he would make one heck of a Baptist Minister! rofl_2.gif The show is very high paced, and I'm sure that they are completely drain by the time they crawl onto that bus. I did notice that Clay has lost a lot of weight since BBH show, and I thought that he was on the lean side then. But right now I think that he's almost to skinny, and with these high paced grueling shows, I'm really worried about his health holding up.. I don't know if the banter was all that clear on the oki or the cell certs, for me at least, but being there in person and seeing all those weird faces that Clay makes through-out the concert, made it all the more priceless! Especially when he was doing those dancing segments in the show! I was really surprised that Ruben was so funny, I guess I never seen that side of him , while he was on Idol. But Clay is still my man, and no one can, or will ever be able take his place in my heart.. I was worried a few times, because when Clay was talking, his voice sounded raspy, but it seemed to be okay when he sang. Quianna was back today and sounded great, so what ever was ailing her must have past quickly. Casey (the new girl) did a really great job. She had a really good clear voice, and seems like she fits into the mix quite well. Ruben and Clay's voices were great like always, and they seem to blend very nicely through-out the whole concert. I hope all of you going to shows in the near future, enjoy the show as much as I did. I'll be curious though, to see if they make change-ups in the show down the road, like they normally do.

Cindy

This post may travel!

and this one from canuck2010

I had a front row seat today.

I got eyefucked.

RIP me.

hysterical.gif

seriously, I don't know how I survived today. I've never been closer than row 12 for a concert and there is quite a difference <understatement>

Omgogogaomgmjlngnfmklkh (*)*^&^%&%&!

and then some.

the banter today was absofutinglutely hysterical. Ruben had Clay cracking up big time and the audience ate it up.

The place was really full. Not completely but the floor was pretty much full and the balcony filled up nicely right before it started. I have a feeling a ton of those were people walking up to the ticket office because it hadn't been half full ten minutes before the show.

The crowd loved it - far more men there tonight than last night - the joy emanating from the stage infects everyone in the room and it was fabulous.

One time, some idiot wouldn't stop yelling out, so Clay said it was his and Ruben show and to basically back off. I was so pleased.

I finally met roxy yahoo.gifhello.gif That was a real treat! and I've again met so many new fans and had such a great time.

If you can manage to see this show, it is not to be missed. Who knows when he'll do one like it again? It's fun on steroids.

Jacksonville: I hadn't had time to do anything but skim the boards, so I was very pseudo-virginal for this show. The eHP and Florida auxillary had freakin' incredible seats, second row, and a certain audiophile made it perfectly clear up front that I and PerusingOne had to be way, WAY away from her as our melodic trickle of laughter might be a titch distracting. Just a titch. The lights dimmed, and we began quivering in excitement...and this HUGE basso-profundo voice (with an occcasional squeak) rolls over us, very Star Wars-esque, proclaiming that THE GREATEST ENTERTAINERS OF ALL TIME COMPETED IN 2003 AND NOW HERE'S THE NO-HOLDS BARRED REMATCH AND NEITHER RANDY NOR SIMON CAN SAVE THEM NOW and Solo and I just fell out shrieking with laughter because over-the-top doesn't begin to describe it and the curtain was stuttering up and you could see legs scuttling back and forth across the stage, a blue spot came down, and Ruben comes strolling out in a gorgeous suit, in gorgeous voice, dimpling at the audience, warbling "Flying Without Wings" and then there's a burst of cheers and here comes Clay, smirking at us and Ruben, and Dear Lord, I forgot how much TITN actually showcases the simple, effortless beauty of his voice, then Clay and Ruben mock battled in a mash-up, running around the stage, Clay sitting on Ruben, Ruben dumping him on the floor, the entire audience shrieking madly. They riff on 60's artists and Clay does "Suspicious Minds" and OMG he is freaking gorgeous voice, but I realize Quiana is missing. Blondie is a good singer, but there's a little missing without Quiana. Ruben strolls back out with some Sam Cooke and then the three of them rolled into the medley, with just stupid good harmonies and lead changing and freaking fun, and the banter, and Ruben is just as quick on his mental feet as Clay and the two of them make each just raise their game, and they make THE CUTEST COUPLE IN THE ENTIRE, OMG!!11!11! The banter about how Elvis stole from Big Mama Thornton and Clay made that seque into the bootlegging on the front row, which totally through Ruben off (I honestly believe this is his first exposure to the specialness that is the Clay fandom). Clay and Ruben both bring a sensibility of overall entertainment to the concert experience - I've said it before, Clay's fan are really not the liveliest bunch...I've been to too many shows (even before the orchestral ones) that no matter how lively the music, the majority of the fans just sit and stare or very occasionally, stand and stare, with a few pockets of dancing. People are clearly enjoying it and they applaude EVERYTHING, but in general, the physical interaction isn't there. Ruben makes the audience get up and DO something. Clay provides eye-candy and something to watch all the time, and makes the competition fun. Clay will talk to you, Ruben will touch you. It's a fucking hysterical show. I liked everything about about - especially the sermon in the middle. I remember the little brouhaha in the fandom over "You Were There" and people were upset that Clay brought a little church to a secular concert - well, now Clay and Ruben brought a WHOLE LOTTA CHURCH, some preachin', some testifyin', some faith "healing" (frankly, by the end of the tour, I expect Quiana will be passing around a collection plate). It is funny and good and light-hearted and sheer entertainment.

KAndre, you are the woman! I don't think I took a breath the entire time I was reading that recap.

Of course, that might be the really long sentences working.

frankly, by the end of the tour, I expect Quiana will be passing around a collection plate

Damn it, I really should have my credit card ready to dump at Clay's feet, shouldn't I?