#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Oh keepingfaith, I'm sorry if your dog story made me laugh out loud. Hang in there, I feel your pain. I put up with 3 dogs for 2 weeks, but am now down to 2. Today I must take them and claustrophobic son on a 3 1/2 hour drive, should be fun. Then, I send one dog off with said son to his dad's for the weekend, and I keep the other in a small condo full of people and one psychotic cat until Sunday. Then, we all get together again and make another 3 1/2 hour trip home. cryingwlaughter.gif

keepingfaith, stick with cats. At least the KNOW they're neurotic!

No pressure on any of the clack gatherers, but if they don't get all the banter from this show, I'll put a hurt on people! That ET interview was hysterical. I think the funniest bit was when Ruben said he'd seen this particular early clip of Clay, and Clay was "how did you see that?" Ruben: "don't worry about that."

Hee!

Tonight's the Night!

I'm sure I must have missed it along the way, but who is the blonde chickie? I remember a time when we would have had a complete dossier on her by now. :huh::rolleyes:

Ruben is a sweetheart - I think he really does love Clay.

Kimberme 2.0 (or the Blonde Chickie) is Casey Thompson, the new back-up singer. I think she has a myspace out there somewhere with some of her stuff on it, and I believe she tweeted about joining the tour. I don’t know if anybody has a clue on how Clay and Ruben found her – maybe that would be a good question for your M&G, jmh! Either that, or you could ask Clay if he has any advice on dealing with neurotic dogs that you could pass on to keeping faith . LOL!

Kimberme 2.0 (or the Blonde Chickie) is Casey Thompson, the new back-up singer. I think she has a myspace out there somewhere with some of her stuff on it, and I believe she tweeted about joining the tour. I don't know if anybody has a clue on how Clay and Ruben found her – maybe that would be a good question for your M&G, jmh! Either that, or you could ask Clay if he has any advice on dealing with neurotic dogs that you could pass on to keeping faith . LOL!

*snort* I think I miss Angie already!

Thanks, bottlecap! Okay - question number two for today. Did the rest of the Talk Stoop interview get posted?

The Clack Unlimited link for the Talk Stoop preview is up now. He's so adorable. "A little bit gay" is my favorite, so far. I also love that Cat said he tells it like it is. I think that's an admirable trait, even though some of the things he says can be tough to swallow sometimes.

He's so dweemy.

Okay I can't even find this. I looked in TV Appearances and see the Moon River clip but that's all. I do have the clip (thanks to Caro :bighug:) but I am trying to find this for someone else.

I don’t usually drink stuff with caffeine in it after lunchtime, but I’m feeling like I should chug a few espressos or something so I have enough energy to keep up with what’s sure to be the rapid-fire banter and singing on tonight’s cellstream.

Made it to Asheville safe and sound despite talking to my son on the cell phone on the way up. I put it on speaker, so there. I guess we'll head up to the Biltmore around five after Mr. Fear finishes his stock market report. We ended up with a humongeous whirlpool in our room. Must be the honeymoon suite. :cryingwlaughter:

Clay was cute on The Stoop. Although I don't embrace having a name applied to me, I know a lot of people who do. So it's okay with me. But why of all the wonderful things they could have discussed and probably did, why she picked this old topic I'll never know. I'm sure Clay was gritting his teeth once again. I want to hear the other things that Clay wants to talk about. And if it's politics- all the better. No wonder he doesn't enjoy a lot of interviews. They ask an old question, they get an old answer.

Now I'm excited to see the concert as Clay always does something a little different than the last time. Be back after the show.

Safe travels, merrieeee and all travelers to Mecca, which for me is wherever Clay may be on any given day. I look forward to every recap – and to your new hair color, merrieeee!

I'm as high as a kite today with Just Everything!! I can't wait to hear the set list, the band (I saw at least one guitar, maybe two, and a bass guitar, drums and keyboard in the ET clip), the new backup singer, not to mention Ruben and My Addiction.

I wonder if it chaps the ass of Simon Cowell that Clay and Ruben really love each other, and their friendship has stood the test of time. During AI2, Simon seemed completely unable to believe that they didn't all secretly hate one another, and every time there was an expression of caring and mutual support, Simon cringed. He couldn't stand it. Reminds me a bit of a short vignette in the 60's cult movie The Magic Christian with Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr: Two fighters boxing for the heavyweight championship of the world when suddenly they stop in the middle of the ring, throw their arms around each other and kiss. The crowd boos wildly, people wretching in the aisles, and the radio announcer screams, "The crowd is sickened by the sight of no blood!"

As to the new backup singer, I know we don't know the story on her, but I'd be surprised if Clay didn't give Quiana a say in the matter. I can't believe he'd hire a singer that Quiana wasn't comfortable singing and traveling with for an entire tour. In fact, Quiana plays a lot of club gigs so maybe she found Casey herself.

Regarding "Claymates" – I never understood the big deal. It is what it is. The first time I heard it I thought it was cute, and I remember Clay grimacing over it on Idol, but I thought that due to his modesty. It's a memorable name for his fans, it's known and accepted, and Clay has embraced it. Seems like a done deal to me. I don't think I'm a claymate, and I don't think you're a claymate, but I do think that WE are claymates!

We're here!! Still no cellphone. Crap!! The usual chaos about where the box office is where we are supposed to meet. The only official box office is down at the entrance which is a long drive and a bus ride from the venue. We'll see. I've talked to geekette, who has one of the auction meet-and-greets, and she's there now dealing with the usual chaos, so maybe it'll be worked out by 6 pm. HAHA.

:thbighug-1: jmh! Can't wait to hear how it went. EEEEEEE!

=============================================

"Claymate" I can take or leave. What does bug me is those interviewers who seemed so surprised Clay has a loyal fanbase. Why wouldn't he? Isn't he talented enough to warrant fans? This is not a difficult concept to grasp. Does Ms. Greenleaf not have a small posse of Stoopids that enjoy her little interviews and follow her youtube channel? Maybe not...

What does bug me is those interviewers who seemed so surprised Clay has a loyal fanbase. Why wouldn't he?

IMO, Ms. Greenleaf is thinking about it in Idol terms. I mean -- does Justin Guarini still have loyal fans? How about Diana DeGarmo? (And, unlike Justin, I think she has talent. *g*)

Another way to look at it is this: I know I've said to a few people "I'm amazed I'm still on this journey with Clay." It's been 7 years, which can be a freakishly long time for a fandom. I think Star Trek and Star Wars may be the only ones who can challenge that! Don't get me wrong, I love still being on the Clay Train (HA!), but it does blow my mind that I'm still spending inordinate amounts of time on my computer, waiting for tidbits and spoilers for the concert this evening.

Just my $0.02.

Woohoo for jmh! Can't wait to hear what's going on!

The concert thread for tonight's show is here! We'll use this for chatting during the cellcert.

Can't wait for tonight. I was suppose to work 12 hour today and would of been on here about 9pm but we sent alot of patient home today and I was able to leave. Now I can join the fun on time. Thought the ET interview was really cute, they do look like they enjoy each other.