#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

The Clack Unlimited link for the Talk Stoop preview is up now. He's so adorable. "A little bit gay" is my favorite, so far. I also love that Cat said he tells it like it is. I think that's an admirable trait, even though some of the things he says can be tough to swallow sometimes.

He's so dweemy.

I just read on CV that someone at CB received an e-mail from WLIW (PBS-Long Island) that they will air Tried & True in September and offer premium tickets to Clay's T&T concert at the Theatre at Westbury on February 26th, a Saturday night.

So this is looking like a tour for sure, being that we've heard already about a February concert in Miami.

I think he's coming to my hometown

Thinking positively here!!!

I have been working 12-15hr days and have been reading, but not posting, so I'm not too far behind. Just haven't had time to watch or listen to anything. My boss assured me a bit ago that I could still go on my Clay weekend, tho, so I'm a happy camper! Exhausted, but happy! One more week and I'll be gettin' on an airplane Fri a.m. Whoooeeeeeeeee!!!

tree... hang in there with your daughter. I had a tough time with my oldest, but we're fine now and she's fine now (she's 42).

Have fun tomorrow night, Ashvillites!!! I cannot wait to read the recaps. Then the clack! I expect it to be an awesome show since Ruben always shows more personality when Clay is with him.

Do we have an FCA plans in Reno yet? We should just get together somewhere after the show. They must have somewhere we can commandeer.

Hi, remember me? I got this bright idea after the taping last March on how to pass the time til the new album and the tour. It's worked quite well, maybe too well. Especially for the last couple of weeks! We sold my mom's house, I bought a townhouse, had the floors redone, and moved in! It's beautimous and I feel very, very fortunate, even when now surrounded by stacks of boxes. I'm ready for a break. My plan has also been effective in keeping me from thinking much about the upcoming meet-and-greet, which is also good, otherwise I would be very nervous I am sure. I really do need to color my hair--hope I manage to do that before bed tonight!

One funny thing--ldyj pocketbook dialed me Tuesday afternoon while I was in Lowe's. Very funny. I called her back because I just couldn't hear her when she called. That's one way to find out if all is well when I don't answer e-mails. :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of cellphones, note to anybody who needs to know, I'm in the process of porting my old home phone number to my cell. It has rendered my cell unworkable at the moment, but the process hasn't been completed. Bad timing, jmh! I didn't know they would disable my number so quickly, and that, if they did, the process wouldn't be finished by now. And I've had no time to let people know. ARGH! I thought it would happen after Asheville, but since it's started, I hope it'll be finished by tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be without a cellphone while there.

jmh123, have you received any more information from OFC about the meet and greet yet?

Finally, just a few hours ago. It came in a regular e-mail. Did you get yours too?

Desertrose, you must have a trip to get there. It'll take us about three hours. jmh, I guess it takes you a little longer.

We're leaving around 10 am. I think it'll take us 4 or 5 hours (we'll probably stop for a break along the way).

Safe travels to all who have yet to travel, and hope those already there are having fun!!

I wish I could have planned a get together but it sounds like the town rolls up the carpet at 11. I'm concerned there might be a bus line and all plans would be dropped.

I think I found a place. It appears that there's a restaurant called Huddle Housethat is right on the road from Biltmore back to the Doubletree. Looks like a good place for people to just show up if they want to after the show, busline, whatever. So Asheville peeps, join us at the Huddle House if you can. Oh, and anyone who is there already, please check and see if it really exists. :cryingwlaughter:

Treenuts, I feel for ya. It must be sooooo hard! Just know we are here for you and sending good vibes and well wishes. :elephanthugs:

Squeeee!!!1!! Glad you got your email, jmh. I haven't, but mine isn't until the 13th and they did say 'closer to your concert date'. Did they give any indication of what the format will be?

Sounds like you've had a busy time and a great distraction from counting the hours til tomorrow! Congrats on the townhouse and the renovations. Have a safe trip to Asheville and a faboo concert/m&g experience!!

Do we have an FCA plans in Reno yet? We should just get together somewhere after the show. They must have somewhere we can commandeer.

I know couchie has been doing some research, but nothing definite as of yet. It's hard, because it's Reno's busiest night! It may be that I just collect people's cell phone numbers and I'll send out a mass text message -- "meet at the first slot machine past the third stairwell. Code name: Claysalittlegay." *g*

Hi, remember me? I got this bright idea after the taping last March on how to pass the time til the new album and the tour. It's worked quite well, maybe too well. Especially for the last couple of weeks! We sold my mom's house, I bought a townhouse, had the floors redone, and moved in! It's beautimous and I feel very, very fortunate, even when now surrounded by stacks of boxes. I'm ready for a break. My plan has also been effective in keeping me from thinking much about the upcoming meet-and-greet, which is also good, otherwise I would be very nervous I am sure. I really do need to color my hair--hope I manage to do that before bed tonight!

YAY! I'm so glad you're back! Congratulations on the townhouse -- I bet it must feel good to be moved in!

One funny thing--ldyj pocketbook dialed me Tuesday afternoon while I was in Lowe's. Very funny. I called her back because I just couldn't hear her when she called. That's one way to find out if all is well when I don't answer e-mails. :cryingwlaughter:

And the other funny thing is that I was in line at Best Buy when she called me back. I guess I somehow dialed jmh via telepathy while also talking to a sales clerk about headphones for my iPad. cryingwlaughter.gif

Speaking of cellphones, note to anybody who needs to know, I'm in the process of porting my old home phone number to my cell. It has rendered my cell unworkable at the moment, but the process hasn't been completed. Bad timing, jmh! I didn't know they would disable my number so quickly, and that, if they did, the process wouldn't be finished by now. And I've had no time to let people know. ARGH! I thought it would happen after Asheville, but since it's started, I hope it'll be finished by tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be without a cellphone while there.

AAAAAAAAAARGH! I was looking forward to getting a M&G report from you. I'll hope and pray everything works out by tomorrow night!

I wish I could have planned a get together but it sounds like the town rolls up the carpet at 11. I'm concerned there might be a bus line and all plans would be dropped.

I think I found a place. It appears that there's a restaurant called Huddle Housethat is right on the road from Biltmore back to the Doubletree. Looks like a good place for people to just show up if they want to after the show, busline, whatever. So Asheville peeps, join us at the Huddle House if you can. Oh, and anyone who is there already, please check and see if it really exists. :cryingwlaughter:

Treenuts, I feel for ya. It must be sooooo hard! Just know we are here for you and sending good vibes and well wishes. :elephanthugs:

Do you know the name of the road? Is it Biltmore Ave? We're staying at the Brookstone, a little cheaper than Doubletree and probably a little further out. I'll have Mr Fear with me but if there is alcohol he'll be there. :whistling-1: I'm getting a wee bit excited and i don't have a meet n greet.

ETA; Never mind, I followed the link. :cryingwlaughter:

Clack alert for tonight and tomorrow! Via Pink Armchair at the CH:

Timeless Tour preview with Clay and Ruben tomorrow on ET...very brief clip on tonight's show.

This is gonna be so much fun!

I'm not changing phone numbers like jmh, but I did change my internet service, so I'm switching out my e-mail addresses just in case my old ones go away. What a pain! It's going to be all g-mail for me going forwarded, so I'm not tied to an internet provider.

Everybody in Asheville or on the road there: :BlowKiss:

Squeeee!!!1!! Glad you got your email, jmh. I haven't, but mine isn't until the 13th and they did say 'closer to your concert date'. Did they give any indication of what the format will be?

No indication at all--just to meet Jerome Bell at the box office. And thanks for the good wishes. :hug:

As I told ldyj, I have no questions, no gifts. I just want to look at him up close. And watch him. And listen to him talk.

And the other funny thing is that I was in line at Best Buy when she called me back. I guess I somehow dialed jmh via telepathy while also talking to a sales clerk about headphones for my iPad. cryingwlaughter.gif

Got to be telepathy. :cryingwlaughter:

AAAAAAAAAARGH! I was looking forward to getting a M&G report from you. I'll hope and pray everything works out by tomorrow night!

I know. I am so frustrated. Still hoping it will come through by then.

Do you know the name of the road? Is it Biltmore Ave? We're staying at the Brookstone, a little cheaper than Doubletree and probably a little further out. I'll have Mr Fear with me but if there is alcohol he'll be there. :whistling-1: I'm getting a wee bit excited and i don't have a meet n greet.

ETA; Never mind, I followed the link. :cryingwlaughter:

Uh oh, I don't think they sell alcohol--not sure. Tell him hanging out with a bunch of Clay fans is like tying one on. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm not changing phone numbers like jmh, but I did change my internet service, so I'm switching out my e-mail addresses just in case my old ones go away. What a pain! It's going to be all g-mail for me going forwarded, so I'm not tied to an internet provider.

I have to change my internet service too. I also dread the e-mail changes. I have 30 days apparently, and that won't start until the number is ported. I've thought of using yahoo or g-mail, but I'm afraid about the lack of security. I haven't decided what to do yet. Any suggestions?

BTW, the goop is on my hair. It's all down hill from here. :flirtysmile3:

Glad to know that Jerome will be around. We haven't seen him since the taping, I think. One more day and then the red reports. Can't wait. My first concert isn't until the 6th at Chatauqua. I'll be taking my daughter and then the next day I'm taking her to Niagara as a surprise. Then I'm driving back home long enough to sleep and then heading for Lancaster, which is a much shorter drive. And then on the 11th, I'm taking my daughter to the NYC concert.

From the CH, JanWhatever:

It's an adorable clip! Clay looks so happy! Here is a link that can be clicked to play, or right-clicked to save target.

It is a teeeeeeeeny-tiny clip.

Clay looks so adorable. And I'm loving Ruben....

I personally love gmail, just because of the way it organizes your mail. That, and the chat feature!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Jerome!

These two are going to be SO awesome together. I'm sitting here remembering the AI2 tour and even back then they had such terrific chemistry on stage. Toronto was one of the highest-attendance venues of the tour and they absolutely thrilled the place. I know it doesn't fit with the theme of the tour but I would be thrilled to hear them sing The Girl Is Mine again (and really, the comedy would write itself!). :hahaha: It's one of my all-time favorite Clay vocals.

I guess by this time tomorrow we'll know most of the set list. Squeeeeeeeee!!!

Hee, right now I'm listening to the TV medley from the DCAT/SRHP tour. I already watched the 60s medley from the Jukebox Tour. I'm ready!!!! Is it Friday yet????

jmh123, have a blast! I would be just the same as you, no questions, just want to listen to him and see him up close. My day will come!

Another gmail fan here! I have been using it for a number of years and I have even filtered other POP email accounts through it because I have found gmail's security and SPAM filters to be better than even the ones you have to pay for. Looking forward to ET tomorrow and especially the first concert! I won't be there but I am still excited. lol

Oh man he is beyond cute and adorable. He's my drug of choice.

And Ruben CMSU. This is going to be a GREAT tour! It could become a summer comedy and music tradition, like the Golden Boys or whatever that group of Frankie, Fabian and Bobby Rydell call themselves.

I need positive vibes. I'm keeping three dogs while the kids are in Mexico this week and I'm not good at this. Everything that can go wrong either already has or is moving in that bad direction. I'm a wreck. Whipped by three dogs and the kids won't be home until the middle of next week. As soon as they return I'm grabbing my suitcase and running to the airport! It can't come too soon. I have no patience with tempermental, spoiled, and disturbed dogs!!! I wrapped up half a Benadryl in a piece of smoked chicken to give the Golden who was freaking during a thunderstorm tonight. He was shaking and crying too hard to even eat the piece of chicken I was using to try to coax him out from under my desk where he was gyrating on top of my electrical grid, and the shihtsu makes a flying leap and scores the chicken-wrapped pill. Well, at least she deserves the doggie downer tonight after tearing up a pair of shoes and a roll of paper towels this evening. I won't go into last night. They are acting up because they've NEVER been away from the kids, and Oliver hasn't spent a night without Mimi in eleven years. Jack sits at the front door. He's been there for three days now only to take a few bites, make a quick run outside, and resume position. I can handle a house full of kids easy. Dogs, never again. I may be having a nervous breakdown. I hope a cellcert can help me tomorrow night.

I am not a happy camper! I went and had my hair dyed.........can't let Clay see the grey! Well she did a terrible job and did not cover all the grey! I am going to have to redo it myself tomorrow night. Hope my hair doesn't fall out!