#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Claymates - at the time, that name was too close to Playmates, Hugh Hefner era, and was felt to be a put-down to feminists. Or something like that.

Yeah, I never did get the hatred, but some just hang on to it for some reason.

From the CH:

Just got a call from Ficus!!! Clay and Ruben are doing a soundcheck now. Clay's wearing a striped shirt, rolled up jeans and he is barefoot.

She heard Clay and Rube singing "Eye of the Tiger" and "All Night Long"

At one point Clay said "you gotta test this shit" The crowd there squeeled and he turned around and told them to hush up!!

Felix is there on drums, she's too far away to see if she recognizes anyone else!!

Plus Clay and Ruben were in the ET commercial I saw just now during my local newscast. EEEEE!

If anyone wants to join the Clack House Chat this evening, you can log in at this location. You don't have to be a member of the CH to join in, but we will kick out anyone who misbehaves (we have had trolls occasionally). We'll be talking about the cellcert(s), with some listening in and some just chatting.

Here's how to access the new #proccellcert chat room.

Clack House Chat on Mibbit.com Main Link

Type in a new nick if desired and hit Go. Give the interface a minute or two to load, watch the screens flash by, and then your chat window should come up. Your cursor should go straight to the (unlabeled) input window at the bottom of the page.

In Chatzilla. MIRC, Trillian, Pidgin, or other traditional IRC clients, use the following options:

Server = irc.portalx.org

Port = 6661-6669 (choose one or leave blank for default 6667)

Channel / Chatroom = #proccellcert

Wheeee!! I loved Felix - how cool that he's back. Thanks, kf, that photobucket video worked great.

I thought for a while I would try and stay unspoilered for my concerts, but there is no way I can last two weeks, so........ Bring it on, baybay!!!

Claymates - at the time, that name was too close to Playmates, Hugh Hefner era, and was felt to be a put-down to feminists. Or something like that.

Yeah, I never did get the hatred, but some just hang on to it for some reason.

Hugh Hefner and Playboy? I never knew that was part of the "Claymate" hate. The word "playmate" had a very innocent connotation long before Hugh Hefner, and I can't be responsible for what some people do with their minds. I always thought "Claymate" was cute, and still do. Screw 'em, because if Clay likes it, and he seems to, then I like it too. It's a clever play on words, nothing more. Apparently some people think it connotes old and dried up toothless hags because of what? Comments by anonymous trolls on obscure internet sites or pop/tabloid mavens? Those trolls are the dried up hags. And they definitely are toothless. Sorry, but I just don't relate to any reactionary mentality. I'm an out and proud Claymate!

Here's how to access the new #proccellcert chat room.

Clack House Chat on Mibbit.com Main Link

Type in a new nick if desired and hit Go. Give the interface a minute or two to load, watch the screens flash by, and then your chat window should come up. Your cursor should go straight to the (unlabeled) input window at the bottom of the page.

In Chatzilla. MIRC, Trillian, Pidgin, or other traditional IRC clients, use the following options:

Server = irc.portalx.org

Port = 6661-6669 (choose one or leave blank for default 6667)

Channel / Chatroom = #proccellcert

Kimiye, that sounds complicated!

Woo-Hoo for Felix being back!

Okay I can't even find this. I looked in TV Appearances and see the Moon River clip but that's all. I do have the clip (thanks to Caro :bighug:) but I am trying to find this for someone else.

Cindy and anyone else who is blocked from seeing these interviews, I have added Sendspace downloads to the current Carolina On My Mind entry. As soon as dancermom2 puts up the ET segment, I will add that one, too. The show doesn't air here until 7 p.m., but seems like there are earlier times around the country.

Thnx for stopping by, cindilu2! :flirtysmile3:

Happy Timeless Opening Night, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Via CH:

Merchandise and sighting report from Toni:

White tee shirt with Clay and Ru with promo pic used in ads Saying Timeless Tour 2010 with both names on back and city and dates the tour is going to

Black tee shirt with mike on front and it says Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken and dates and cities of the tour on back

Black tote bag

No tour book

TnT is for sale $16 and Ru has 2 for sale for $15

Saw Faye, Diane Bubel and Debbie Turner from "National Inclusion Project"

It's hot

Hugh Hefner and Playboy? I never knew that was part of the "Claymate" hate. The word "playmate" had a very innocent connotation long before Hugh Hefner, and I can't be responsible for what some people do with their minds. I always thought "Claymate" was cute, and still do. Screw 'em, because if Clay likes it, and he seems to, then I like it too. It's a clever play on words, nothing more. Apparently some people think it connotes old and dried up toothless hags because of what? Comments by anonymous trolls on obscure internet sites or pop/tabloid mavens? Those trolls are the dried up hags. And they definitely are toothless. Sorry, but I just don't relate to any reactionary mentality. I'm an out and proud Claymate!

I believe that at the time some Clay fans wished to be seen as sophisticated savvy wimmen, not as "Playmates", because that was demeaning.

Almost everyone has let it go.

And this time tomorrow I will be in Jacksonville.

Yessssssss!!!!!!!

I've been watching ET and biting my nails a bit. ET keeps promo'ing the Ruben and Clay bit, and then the local forecaster breaks in occasionally to show the radar, because it's storming 20 miles north of us. GAH! I don't want miss it!

And I didn't! During rehearsals, Clay looked like he was in his striped socks with no shoes. A little of the interview, some old Idol footage, promo'ing the concert. One new thing - a little blurb from Ruben about how he and Clay should replace Simon Cowell. LOL!

Does Ms. Greenleaf not have a small posse of Stoopids that enjoy her little interviews and follow her youtube channel? Maybe not...

:hysterical::hysterical: You're too much :hysterical:

Yeah for Felix! I have never seen him live. I never saw the JBT live. I am very excited about seeing this tour, now more than ever! My only regret...I'm only getting to see ONE show :cry4: greedy, I know, but I so wish it were more. *sigh*

So now it looks like I'll need to bring some extra $$$ for merchandise? I admit I will not be able to walk away without at least a t-shirt....or two.

Good luck to everyone who get to meat meet Clay this evening! Can.not.wait. for the reports to start coming in :whee:

Now that everyone knows how good the show is, I have two FANTASTIC tickets for the LA show:

Two floor tickets for Club Nokia in LA. - Aug 1, 2010

Section 103

Row C (2nd row because there is no Row A)

Seats 3 & 4 near center aisle

$182.35 including all Ticketmaster fees

Ticketfast eticket

*Willing to split, if necessary.

I think I'm the only person without a M&G tonight. I didn't see jmh but ran into geeketteafter her M&G. She had Clay and Ruben in hers. Said Clay was very chatty had a cute picture of him with Ruben.

I laughed for the whole show. Clay was doing some incredible moves. He can dance. Of course he and Ruben did some really funny moves, like trying to do a chest bump but missing. I thought I would die laughing. The clawing movements they did during Eye of the Tiger funny funny stuff. Do I dare talk about Clay wearing Hammer pants and doing the Hammer dance. OMG. Looking around I saw smiles on everyones face. There were quite a few men at least more than usual and the ones I saw seemed to enjoy the show. I'm sure Ruben has fans as there were quite a few shreiks for him. There was also an I love you Clay.

The band was very good. Clay gave them credit for being great. The pastor Ruben bit went on a little to long as they both tried to milk it for all it was worth. Ruben had quite a few good lines but Clay is just such a character. I guess that's why I'll always be such a Clay fan. It is a very physical show so I hope the guys eat well and rest a lot.

Clay looks so thin but that form fitting suit he wore is just scrumptious. That man can really wear a suit.

I can't wait to see another show. Which by the way was produced by Amy Tinker as was JNT05.

Mr Fear was in quite a bit of pain tonight so we left right after the show and didn't stop to say hi to jmhat the Huddle House. I did meet aikim and her husband before the show. She saw the sound check so probably has more to offer than I.

I missed everything tonight because my wireless lost its security connection and I couldn't get online. Three different techs with Comcast were employed before we got to the root of the problem and fixed it. They said my computer was doing things they'd never heard of before. There was some weird IP address that caused the router to be reset, and that was just the beginning. Started at 6:45 and got on line at 10:15, just in time for the first picture. But here I sit as one person who counted minutes all day until the CV cellcert and then THIS debacle! I haven't even had time to read about the setlist, or any of the songs and who sang what, etc. Looks like I'm going to be up for a while. Never thought I'd still be a Timeless Virgin tonight!

Oy! The stars are misaligned for me, what with the dogs, stuff at work, and now the computer. Alright now world, let's get this shit all over with before next week. I'm dying to find out about some of the songs. God, please let there be R&B to make up for some of this crap in my life.

945325328_pe8Ns-L.jpg

I'm taking bets with myself as to how many times I will watch the LLVL video tonight. It's automatically repeating, and I can't and won't stop it. It's so hot and Clay's not playing it for laughs this time. He looks like AI2 Clay, but that's where the similarity ends. He's moving like a sex machine -- FINALLY.

DurhamClayfan and I are in the Clay fog. We are so in love and just going around saying "we love him sooooo much." The show was fantastic but it's hard to name all the songs because the medleys were much longer than the JBT. The banter was just hilarious--we smiled and laughed until our faces hurt, and we are still smiling.

The last song was "Time of Your Life," and Clay acted like Ruben was doing it without letting him know they were going to, but that's BS. Anyway, they sounded fantastic together. Full songs--Clay sang Suspicious Minds, Mandy, When I See You Smile, and probably at least one more that we can't remember right now. Ruben sang Superstar, What's Going On, and some other stuff. Casey, the new back-up singer, sang "Natural Woman" and Quiana sang "I'm Every Woman."

They started with Ruben singing Flying Without Wings and then Clay interrupted and sang This is the Night, and they kept interrupting each other. At the end Clay sat on Ruben's lap and then Ruben dumped him on the floor.

For the 90s, Clay came in out in these big pants and did some rap type R & B songs and grabbed his crotch throughout and then ripped them off and had jeans underneath. He did some good dancing during the 90s. At the beginning of the 80s, Ruben was the Pastor of the Baptist Presbyterian Episcopal etc. church, and said that Faye had paid him $750 to heal her son. Then Clay came out wrapped in what Ruben said was swaddling clothes and said he had "lackofrhythmitis" and Ruben healed him. That bit went on and on and was hilarious.

Before that Ruben was trying to teach Clay to dance, and Clay was bad--other times when he wasn't thinking he was dancing fine and then he'd realize it and start to dance bad again. There were a lot of steps when Clay was singing backup and he did great, and seemed to enjoy it.

Meet and greet. He was so beautiful. He has gorgeous eyes and dark red stubble and dark red hair in RL. We all wanted to talk to him, not ask him questions, and he thought that was weird. He snarked at us a lot. He made eye contact and mesmerized me for life, as if I weren't already. It went too fast, and I never wanted it to end (more details when the spell has lifted a little), and we never wanted the concert to end either.

The audience was having lots of fun and dancing and laughing and clapping. I wish everyone could have been there.

Afterwards we looked for that restaurant but it was either closed or out of business and the entire fandom was at Friday's so we ate there but didn't see anyone from FCA. We were supposed to meet Desertrose at our seats, but those seats stayed empty, so I hope she upgraded as I never saw her. I sure hope she made it to the concert!

There was lot of funny stuff, the eye of the tiger claw--Clay said the 80s were macho and so he would sing first and he really held his own throughout. Lot of kidding each other and fake competition. And now we are fading so more to come.

Omg can you download clack on a blackberry? Hee, I'm gonna try! The pictures are to die for, and the recaps are killing me (in a v.v. Good way!). Cindilu2 and Claymatron, I am so jellus of you guys...the meet and greets sound so laid back and awesome!!!!