#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Just raffled off two VIP tickets to next year's Gala. I was hoping that those of us who couldn't attend could try to purchase those raffle tickets.

Now the dinner for 10 is being auctioned. Promises this will be the only one this year, and will spend at least 3 hours with you! Will come to your city.

Wow. $32,000!

Doing a "Dutch Auction" now -- starting by getting people to bid to send 10 kids to camp, I don't remember how much he said it would cost. Then, he lowered it to 9 kids, and then 8, and then 7. Now down to 5. Sounds like it will be keep going lower down to 1. Cool idea. $250 per kid.

Sounds like they got a lot when it got down to 2 kids and then 1.

Concert now! There's a Kind of Hush...

Sounds good...just like the other night. *g*

jmh, want to take over again?

Now It's Only Make Believe.

During "Hush," he introduced the band...including the musicians that were "canned" -- the horns and strings.

Doing a song he's never sung before. Wants people to keep coming to these things so they get original material. The dinner from earlier this year suggested the song. This could be interesting...

Now introducing the deaf interpreter, and thought this would be a good song for her to interpret. Wants him to watch her, not him, during this song, because it's beautiful to watch.

Both Sides Now...kill me now.

And we're done.

That last song was incredibly lovely.

from texwriter at CV:

I was counting as they mentioned people bidding and here's what I came up with

2500 x 9

2250 x 2

2000 x 3

1750 x 7

1250 x 5

1000 x 3

750 x 4

500 x 18

250 x 48

Total= $78,500

Yup, I'd say it worked pretty well!

That's just from the Dutch auction. That's amazingly cool.

So who else is sitting here impatiently waiting for clack of that song??

I'm trying to decide how late I'm going to stay up...I'm not a late night owl, so this could be tough.

ETA: about 15 minutes later, and I hate to say it, but I'm giving up for the night. I'll get it in the morning. Isn't it more special to wait?

Sorry I didn't post last night, it was quite late and everyone was asleep in my room when I got back. I won a couple of items in the silent auction and the line ups for pick up and payment were humungous. In any case it was a wonderful gala, very inspiring speakers. Dinner was different (as you saw) but it did seem to run long before the auctions started. Clay was his usual, cute self (love the shot of him peeking over the Spam poster). The dutch auction seemed very off-the-cuff and I bet he was tickled pink with the results. Will talk more about the performances later, off to breakfast now!

:GM_FCA:

44 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Both Sides Now...beautiful but also very sad...seems very personal to Clay and it was actually a little uncomfortable for me as it seemed as if Clay was letting us into his persona thoughts for a bit. The lyrics are very telling:

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air

And feather canyons everywhere, i've looked at cloud that way.

But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone.

So many things i would have done but clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now,

From up and down, and still somehow

It's cloud illusions i recall.

I really don't know clouds at all.

Moons and junes and ferris wheels, the dizzy dancing way you feel

As every fairy tale comes real; i've looked at love that way.

But now it's just another show. you leave 'em laughing when you go

And if you care, don't let them know, don't give yourself away.

I've looked at love from both sides now,

From give and take, and still somehow

It's love's illusions i recall.

I really don't know love at all.

Tears and fears and feeling proud to say "i love you" right out loud,

Dreams and schemes and circus crowds, i've looked at life that way.

But now old friends are acting strange, they shake their heads, they say

I've changed.

Something's lost but something's gained in living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now,

From win and lose, and still somehow

It's life's illusions i recall.

I really don't know life at all.

The cellcerter reported in very briefly at the end and said some of the video-takers got shut down. Hopefully, they didn't get everybody so we can get Clack of the whole show.

===================================================

If anyone is reading this all at once and is getting annoyed by all those views of my avi because of the consecutive posts - Sorry! Nobody else was jumping in with updates in real time. :clay:

Looking forward to the recaps tomorrow, unless all the concert-goers are piling onto a plane with Clay to make the trip back to Raleigh for the gala. Safe travels, y'all!!

I've been waiting all day to come home so I could save this one. :hubbahubba:

Chicago_15.jpg

bottle... I'm so glad you got your tongue picture... LOL And, may I say, I never get tired of seeing your avie, so post away!

aikim... thanks for those lyrics. They certainly are touching.

luckiest... congrats on winning a couple of items... I think! LOL

That "support a kid for $250" auction was a fabulous idea. Even I could do that... in fact, I just might in honor of a new song!

I placed minimum bids on a lot of items, but I only won 2 (thank God) - a Sunbeam mixer, and a Spamalot Monk teddy bear. Wheeeeeeeeeee! Aron was nice enough to personally write me out a receipt for duty at the border. wink.gif

I loved Both Sides Now last night, what a gorgeous choice to close out the gala. I was v.v. sad that my daughter wasn't there with me as she would have appreciated it, but I have already shown her the clack. smile.gif I enjoyed the whole night, and I loved the TnT choices he sang as well. A few of my favourites! We had a good table, just behind the VIPs and close enough to the stage that I could see facial expressions (always a good thing). Gala is such tradition to me, I can't see a year I will ever skip it (I hope). Raleigh is like my second home, I feel like I've come home every time I land at the airport. Today we are spending time with old friends from Wilson, NC. They are no longer in the fandom necessarily (although they are cool with all things Clay, just less interested than they used to be, have other priorities, etc) but we have maintained our friendship over the years anyways. I always look forward to seeing them. Tomorrow I fly home. Thankfully, the mixer can ride home in my daughter's trunk. cryingwlaughter.gif

ETA: Thanks to FearOfH20 for organizing this morning's breakfast at the Marriott. I always enjoy catching up with everyone each year.

bottlecap -- I'll NEVER tire of your avi. He looked spectacular that day. I appreciate you bringing over the stuff on Thursday night.

Besides, people probably got tired of MY avi last night...heh.

I've watched several of auctions at this point as well as several versions of BSN. That is destined to become a classic in the Clay Aiken oeuvre.

Oh, and since I didn't get to the Gala this year...I think I'll make a donation to the Project and specify that it's for him singing that particular song.

It sounds like everyone had a great time -- luckiest, what happened with your daughter, though? Anyway, I'm glad you love that portion of the States, and that you get to see Clay there regularly. I think he performs well there just for YOU.

Can you believe...I've got to go to work soon? Yuck. Only 4 hours though, and I'll get some time off later in the week.

Best version of Both Sides Now is from Farouche...close up of Clay and Deb...breathtaking to see all the emotion in that song.

Kim

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

The National Inclusion Project at #7 yesterday, dropping to #9 when I posted it this morning, and has since dropped to #12, which is out of the money. Either someone ahead of TNIP has picked up some serious steam, or all the traveling may be delaying votes.

Feel free to carry the reminder link and instructions to other boards, if that will help

Pepsi Refresh Project Link

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

pepsi-5.jpg

Cotton's voting tips:

TO GET THREE VOTES:

When I :

1) click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

I click VOTE.

Then I :

2) have a choice of signing in with facebook or with the info and squiggly words.

3)I sign into Pepsi first. (you have to register your email the first time only, but you have to enter your email and squiggly words each time after that)

Then I VOTE. (That's the FIRST VOTE.)

Then I :

4) SIGN OUT of Pepsi.

Then I :

5) Click the Foundation link http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject again and

I click VOTE.

This time I :

6) SIGN IN VIA FACEBOOK (no squiggly words!)

Then :

7) I click VOTE again! (That's Vote #2!)

After that I :

8) Dial Pepsi @ 73774 (Yes,that's enough numbers!)

Then I :

9) Text the number 102308 (That's Vote #3!)

(Standard text messaging rates apply.)

If you have unlimited text - no $. ;-)

Hi guys,

We had a nice breakfast this morning. People eating, talking then leaving and others taking their place. Thanks luckiest, I always enjoy seeing you. We also saw cindylou, preden, Evelyn, scarlett, claylove, georgiesmybaby, canfly, Cotton and many others who don't post here. I roomed for one night with a lovely woman,happyclayday,who is a dedicated caregiver to her son with special needs. We talked until 3:30 in the morning but still managed to be in the lobby by 8:00 AM. Good times.

Meeting all the aforementioned fans and many more from various boards reminded me that Clay has absolutely the best fans. And seeing Clay those two days reminded me that we are fans of absolutely the best singer, humanitarian and all around nice guy.

I know that I'm not alone in feeling discouraged sometimes reading various boards but after a weekend like this I'm good to go for another year.

I can't remember what I said about Friday night, so I'll reread my post before adding anything.

At the roundtable they talked about the Pepsi Challange and how we can't win it unless we get more people to vote. They said some groups are handing out flyers at Costco, football games, having voting parties and unless we can get a lot more votes we can't win it.

I guess today proved that right.

Aron is a wonderful speaker for inclusion. He outlined some of the things that he teaches camp counselors for Let's Play. He said that they are the number one charity promoting inclusion in the country. They do the training and followup for two years after which the camp is on it's on. I believe he said this year 35 camps are phasing out and they want to start training at 42 more camps.( I hope I have the #s right). We all got up and did one of the exercises they use in training. I think many of us came away enthused and planning ways to raise money for the N.I.P.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog opens with Scarlett's video of Clay singing "Both Sides Now." Within the Gala overview are highlights, photos by Irishbookgal, audio/video Sendspace downloads (ficus, canfly, farouche), as well as another pep rally for the NIP's campaign for a $50k Pepsi grant.

Thank you for your blog visits/comments, tweets/retweets (mine is always under "All Friends" instead of "Clay Aiken" on Tweet Deck if you will retweet me), Facebook posts, links, etc., all of which help us spread the word via Google and other search engines. :dancetom:

I'm sick I misspelled Debra Leisey's name the first go-round. It's correct in the blog, but Facebook picked up the original version. :(

I still need to vote. Don't forget -- all four lists (alliances and the ABC partners) are in the voting widget in the Carolina sidebar. Back to beating the bushes for new, committed voters and for making sure every account is being used!!! :yahoo:

At the roundtable they talked about the Pepsi Challange and how we can't win it unless we get more people to vote. They said some groups are handing out flyers at Costco, football games, having voting parties and unless we can get a lot more votes we can't win it.

I guess today proved that right.

Aron is a wonderful speaker for inclusion. He outlined some of the things that he teaches camp counselors for Let's Play. He said that they are the number one charity promoting inclusion in the country. They do the training and followup for two years after which the camp is on it's on. I believe he said this year 35 camps are phasing out and they want to start training at 42 more camps.( I hope I have the #s right). We all got up and did one of the exercises they use in training. I think many of us came away enthused and planning ways to raise money for the N.I.P.

:dancetom: We need to do some of those bolded ideas!

Have a wonderful, productive week! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

It sounds like everyone had a great time -- luckiest, what happened with your daughter, though? Anyway, I'm glad you love that portion of the States, and that you get to see Clay there regularly. I think he performs well there just for YOU.

Hee, of course he does! My daughter is here, she drove down with her g/f. They just weren't in a position to be able to afford the expense of gala tickets, so they went to the fair instead, while I went to the gala. But she was there in spirit. She enjoyed the clack.

We are back from more shopping and a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden (a treat since they closed in our neck of the woods). What was playing over the speakers there but I'll Take Romance, sung by a woman. Never heard it before Clay and now I can't get away from it. cryingwlaughter.gif

Going to get to bed early tonight and catch up on some sleep before hitting the airport tomorrow morning for the trek home. Hope everyone had/has safe travels!

ETA: I really hope there is clack of the 'Dutch' auction that Clay did off the cuff for the send-a-kid-to-camp. It was quite amazing how it snowballed, and how effective it was. I'd love to see a shot of the room with all those paddles held high!