#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

From JustJared.com

Clay Aiken Backs Anti-Bullying Legislation

Clay Aiken is showing his support for anti-bullying legislation brought up in the House and Senate!

The 31-year-old singer teamed up with GLSEN to back the Safe Schools Improvement Act and the Student Non-Discrimination Act.

“I never had someone who told me that it was okay to be different…that it was okay to be me. What I did hear was that it would get better once I was out of high school…that things would get better. But from where I sat, I could not possibly believe that to be true,” Clay said.

“We need federal leadership from Congress to encourage all states and districts and each and every school to create safe learning environments where all students can learn and succeed,” Clay concluded.

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

72 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From an N&O blog yesterday: Aiken supports anti-bullying laws

The Triangle's own Clay Aiken is joining efforts to pass anti-bullying legislation in the U.S. Congress.

In a press release, Aiken, the former American Idol star, stated that he feels strongly about enacting specific anti-bullying protections so that future generations have the opportunity to fulfill their dreams.

“I never had someone who told me that it was ok to be different…that it was okay to be me," Aiken said in the statement. "What I did hear was that it would get better once I was out of high school…that things would get better. But from where I sat, I could not possibly believe that to be true. We need federal leadership from Congress to encourage all states and districts and each and every school to create safe learning environments where all students can learn and succeed.”

The bills Aiken supports have bipartisan support in the House and Senate.

The Safe Schools Improvement Act, introduced by Rep. Linda Sánchez, D-Calif., and Sen. Bob Casey, D-Penn., is a federal anti-bullying bill that includes protections based on race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. The bill has 130 co-sponsors in the House and 15 co-sponsors in the Senate.

The Student Non-Discrimination Act, modeled after Title IX, introduced by Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., would provide protections to students targeted for bullying, harassment and discrimination based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity. The bill has 127 co-sponsors in the House and 30 co-sponsors in the Senate.

And can I just say how weird it is to be getting Clay news from TWoP.

7 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

71 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Hey! Wishing all my friends here a...

Happy Thanksgiving!

My husband and I leave this afternoon for the first leg of our journey -- one with clear skies, and internet at the hotel. Tomorrow, though -- our final leg promises to be interesting travel wise. And then, we are staying with my BIL...who doesn't have wireless internet. Needless to say, on Friday I'll be jonesing, and will demand to go get some coffee somewhere so I can then use the internet!

I hope everyone has a great few days, and I'll see you all by about Sunday or so!

6 Days until Clay's Birthday! :yahoo:

70 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

The new Carolina on My Mind blog covers all three verses of "Merry Thanksgivoween" with Clay Aiken montages (All Is Well, MDYK) from Christmases past, Thanksgiving NIP voting techniques, and grandchildren Kai and Lia "trick or treating."

Featured artists include SueReu, Claysidney, AmazingCA, and A Beautiful Mind.

Use the handy NIP Voting Widget in the Carolina sidebar or its linked home base. The Inclusion Project moved to #11 this morning! :dancetom:

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, FCA! :friends:

Linda_thnx2.png

The move to #11 in the Pepsi Refresh Project is great news! I was concerned about the National Inclusion Project falling behind because of the distraction of the holidays, so I’m very happy to see the jump this morning.

Make plans for group texts at holiday meals, football game halftimes, etc.! We must keep the momentum going. Read the comments on the NIP Pepsi Page. There are lots of charities working with us to get the Inclusion Project to the promised land! :yahoo:

Happy Day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

5 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

69 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

:yahoo:

Kim