# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Lots of things happening each day now - exciting!

Now I am off to buy school shoes for a very reluctant 14 yr old - I would much rather stay on here and look at clack! Waaah! :cry4:

:cocktail::cocktail: Aaah, now I am fortified for the task.

Clay just tweeted again, more about the CBS morning show, in reply to malvs274:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken30m@malvs274 The new format of@CBSThisMorning is very much like Morning Joe. Same guy who created Morning Joe is the Exec Prod of CBS. Try it!

:GM_FCA:

32 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

33 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Adam Carolla interview with Dennis Miller; Clay mention:

http://dennismillerr...6489890898.html

Clay Tweet:

clayaiken Clay Aiken Wikipedia may b blacked out, but the mobile version of the site is working fine. So much 4 the right hand talking 2 the left hand over there1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I didn't care about the left or right hands last night. I couldn't work because I need Wiki to do my google job for my current project. LOL. I was working away when that blackout happened.

Anyway..found this quite by accident. Sorry if it's been posted already.

http://www.hollywood...ay-aiken-282899

The relevant parts:

With season 11 upon us, The Hollywood Reporter looks back at some of the defining moments that shaped the show we know today.

1. Runner-up Clay Aiken Outsells Winner Ruben Studdard

Season two was all about surprises, but who could have predicted that the fashion-challenged Clay Aiken would not only survive elimination but rise all the way to the top two? On finale night, 24 million votes were cast, but Studdard squeaked through, besting Aiken by just 134,000. Soon after, Idol fans started voting with their wallets, and Aiken's Measure of a Man CD debuted at no. 1 with 613,000 copies sold in its first week out, easily outselling Studdard's debut, Soulful, which tallied 400,000. Aiken's retail victory immediately set a goal and standard for futureIdol contestants that didn't get the celebratory shower of confetti, and it put in place the oft-repeated consolation, "You don't have to win to be a winner." (Michele Amabile Angermiller)

Ha ha ha I didn't get that tweet to my phone for some reason, but my daughter and I were discussing the cruise ship and the captain specifically yesterday. She is taking a Travel and Tourism course and has a class that deals only with cruising. The whole thing is such a tragedy and the captain had a responsibility to stay with the ship and make sure all passengers were evacuated before he left the boat. I am glad that this didn't happen prior to my Carribean cruise, because my mom would have cancelled, I am sure. As it was, she would not allow my son & his girlfriend to have a cabin on the lower decks (where it is cheaper) because of the Titanic. I wonder if this will have a dire effect on cruising in the future (or at least, the near future). It might mean lower rates for a while!

In the interview I posted, Adam said Clay was tenacious, a hard worker and very competitive...that people thought he was going to be a pushover and he is not and mentioned that Clay is going to his show in Durham tonight.

31 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

32 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

celebs.com Seven Tweets of the Day

Celebs tweet the darndest things. Every weekday, Celebs.com filters out the fluff to bring you Celebs.com’s Seven Celebrity Tweets of the Day. From the funny to the controversial and the plain old weird, check back each day to get a handle on our top tweets!

Clay's tweet about the cruise ship is the second tweet listed. Coolness!

Pic of Clay from someone who was waiting behind him to get something to eat: @nealtheaThea Neal

Clay Aiken 'razzi shot! http://pic.twitter.com/sQyERWCe

Clay Tweet:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken 37s

He's a great guy. Fingers crossed that I escape unscathed! pic.twitter.com/MOJ38niE (picture of his ticket)

JDFanBuzzPD Jason Dixon

Sitting in the VIP lounge before the Adam Carrolla show with @bmaloney and Clay Aiken. #bignames

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

says he is a program director for Raleigh 99.9

Clay's last two tweets. The first was about 2 hours ago:

not sure that anyone said "performing" “@toni1991: I had no idea that @clayaiken was performing on Feb 20th."

This is in regards to his Carnegie Hall "show." Hee.

And then, just a few minutes ago:

Kick ass job tonight @adamcarolla. Glad you liked our NC bathrooms!

Via Quiet1ne at the CH, a set of tweets from yesterday and the explanation of one tweet from Clay:

Clay was spotted out to lunch earlier today at a pannini restaurant Toast Durham and they took a pic!

In line behind Clay Aiken at @toastdurham!
Clay Aiken 'razzi shot! http://pic.twitter.com/sQyERWCe

And a sports radio DJ tweeted from the VIP room at Adam's job:

Sitting in the VIP lounge before the Adam Carrolla show with @bmaloney and Clay Aiken. #bignames

From the audience:

my parents are 2 rows behind CLAY AIKEN at the Adam Corolla show. #sojelous

The joke from 30 Rock that Clay was responding to:

On 30 Rock, Tracy Morgan is doing his stand-up and he says "Being gay is stupid. If you want to see a penis, take off your pants. If I got turned into a gay I'd sit around all day and look at my own junk."

Tina Fey's response. "Oh my God! First of all, if you got turned into a gay!! Do you think the people of Raleigh, North Carolina turned Clay Aiken gay. Look you're a public figure and believe it or not the things you say hurt people. You need to apologize."

Possible new TCA commercial at the end of Leno tonight.

Love the Clay/Adam video!

30 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

31 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

He's just too Funny!

XBrendyBoyzX Brendyboyz

@clayaiken do u think u could beat michelle obama in an arm wrestling match?

53 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by clayaiken

clayaiken Clay Aiken

Prob not! Extend a challenge and we'll find out RT @XBrendyBoyzX: @clayaiken do u think u could beat michelle obama in arm wrestling match?”

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Chiming in from the south side of Chicago...snow, snow and more snow. Left work early which turned into a three-ring circus..Daughter No. 3 has my car today so hubby was supposed to pick me up..he leaves work at 3:00 and picks me up at 4:00..well I was leaving work at 3:00..tried calling him to tell him I was leaving early..can't get a hold of him (pet peeve..what is the point of having a cell phone if you are not going to answer it)..one of the girls at work says she will drive me home and I okay that will work, until I realize I don't have my house keys because Daughter No. 3 has them. So I call Daughter No. 2...does not answer her cell phone..call Daughter No. 4..ditto on no answer. By this time I am beyond frustrated. Try hubby again nothing. Finally Daughter No. 4 calls me at work and I tell her my sad story and she says she will come and get me. Now Daughter No. 4 and No. 2 work 5 minutes from me..never occured to me to have my friend from work just drop at one of their jobs and I could hang out there. Total "duh" moment (but nothing new for me). So Daughter No. 4 picks me up and we head home..roads are a mess and people think because they have these big honking SUV's they don't have to adjust their speed. This is the Chicago area..this kind of weather is nothing new!

So I get home and finally get a hold of hubby to tell him to come home and not to the library. Just shoveled the walk..he can do the rest with the sno blower.

In case you were wondering..Daughter No. 1 is in Indiana so she wasn't involved in the cell phone round robin.

Note to all family members...WHEN I CALL ON YOUR CELLPHONE, ANSWER IT!

(yes I know, keep an extra set of house keys in my purse.)

Kim

Sorry to hear about your travails, aikim! It really just started to snow here in central Illinois, I think we're expecting only 1-2 inches. And it's bitter cold besides!

I'm still in love with hoodie guy. Just sayin'.