# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

We have about 7 inches here, but it looks like it has stopped. Took my husband over 2 hours to get home tonight. My daughter works at Petco and she is working until 9:00 (can't believe they haven't sent her home yet..she is a groomer..doubt very many people are bringing their pets in to be groomed). Snow plow just went down the street. Hopefully everything will be cleared by morning.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

30 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:fca: OMG I'm a wreck! Big game day has me so excited for my 49ers. They weren't suppose to be here this year.

They weren't suppose to be this good just yet. Reminds me of the 2010 Giants.

If they win it will be FANTASTIC! And then several more weeks of an.ti.ci.pa.tion. heh

If they don't win.....well then it was one fucking hell of a great year! One the fans have not seen in this area in many years!

So it's all good.

Chips & dip - check

Pizza - check

Corona & limes - check

NOW GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME ASS D-FENCE

:fca: OMG I'm a wreck! Big game day has me so excited for my 49ers. They weren't suppose to be here this year.

If they win it will be FANTASTIC! And then several more weeks of an.ti.ci.pa.tion. heh

If they don't win.....well then it was one fucking hell of a great year! One the fans have not seen in this area in many years!

So it's all good.

Chips & dip - check

Pizza - check

Corona & limes - check

It's not the d-fence we need to worry about LOL.

Yes it's exciting. I didn't expect them to win a playoff game let alone so many regular season games.

Seems you have all the essentials! Superbowl is so close yet so far!!

:GM_FCA:

28 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

29 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Carnegie Hall updates:

A fan called Carnegie Hall to see what Clay will be singing and was told he will be a soloist-narrator..big discussion as to what that means...talking, no singing...singing and talking, etc. Some are upset that they bought tickets and he might not sing, but most are convinced he will be doing both.

Also he will be a judge at a singing contest there on the 18th:

Just announced: Clay Aiken will be a judge for the 2012 Competition!

Finalists announced

The 2012 Nico Castel International Master Singer Competition finalists have been announced.

2012 Master Singer Finalist Concert

Join us for the Finalist Concert on Saturday, February 18, 2012, at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall.

More from me in a bit, but first...a new tweet:

Money in your mouth. Ha ha ha! brilliant! youtube.com/watch?v=9ZnNVg…

The link is to a YouTube clip entitled "Bill Maher Slams Mitt Romney Hard, Compares Him to Rappers (from Real Time New Rules 1-20-12)." Off to watch. Mr. Political strikes again...

OK, I'm back now. Trying to decide when to head to the gym to work out today, as 1) hubby and I haven't gone to work out in almost 2 weeks, which is bad; but 2) there's freezing fog outside, which is making the roads slippery. Sigh.

Carnegie Hall updates:

A fan called Carnegie Hall to see what Clay will be singing and was told he will be a soloist-narrator..big discussion as to what that means...talking, no singing...singing and talking, etc. Some are upset that they bought tickets and he might not sing, but most are convinced he will be doing both.

First of all, I'm a bit saddened that someone actually CALLED Carnegie Hall to get the scoop on this. Really? We can't wait 3 more weeks to find out?

And then...and maybe it's just me...but I'm just as enthralled with HIM as I am his singing voice. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear him sing. But I am just as pleased when I see him, hear him talk, joke a little, even do a little, you know, acting (ie., Drop Dead Diva). He doesn't have to sing to make me happy.

To me, he's always been, first and foremost, an entertainer. There's way more than singing involved in that skill -- he has the charm, the wit, and the snark to carry a stage even if he doesn't sing a note, IMO. (Case in point: during most of the tours, the first thing I download are the banter bits. And if I need a smile, I watch those clips...)

Also he will be a judge at a singing contest there on the 18th:

Just announced: Clay Aiken will be a judge for the 2012 Competition!

Finalists announced

The 2012 Nico Castel International Master Singer Competition finalists have been announced.

2012 Master Singer Finalist Concert

Join us for the Finalist Concert on Saturday, February 18, 2012, at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall.

Coolness! He don't need to be no stinkin' judge on AI (or The Voice)! Maybe that's a reason why he was practicing Nessun Dorma a few months ago...hee.

BTW, I've updated the Clay timeline for 2012, to reflect this (and the Adam Carolla stand-up showing, and the change in the CApp dates).

Since the Packers blew their chances big time, I'm for the Niner's ALL THE WAY!!! shortyjill -- the Patriots? the PATRIOTS?!?!?!?!

I agree ldyj...I think what bugs me is that some fans are saying they won't go if Clay is not singing and I hate to see wasted tickets..sometimes I wish fans wouldn't be so quick to buy tickets to a Clay event until they know what he is actually doing if all they want is him singing..I hate the thought of tickets going to waste and empty seats.

I would be happy to go to anything that Clay is doing and yes I have always considered Clay and entertainer and whether that is speaking or singing or acting makes no difference.

Kim

Since the Packers blew their chances big time, I'm for the Niner's ALL THE WAY!!! shortyjill -- the Patriots? the PATRIOTS?!?!?!?!

Since my actual home team, the Detroit Lions, have been a terrible team my entire life (up until this year), I've had a couple back up teams. First will always be the Packers, but in the early 00's I also adopted the Patriots. *g* Blame a friend I had in Boston, but she made me love them!

I can offer the other side to the issue of calling to see what he was doing, although I'm not one to actually call myself. But I'm also not one to buy tickets without any info either. Normally I wouldn't mind paying just to hear Clay talk or sleep or whatever but I hate opera. Absolutely hate it. So I'm not sure if I could sit through listening to it if I didn't know what Clay was going to be doing. I didn't mind paying to see him at the Cyndi Lauper gig because I knew I'd like some of the others in the program, but opera, blech.

Love getting tweets from Clay. Just got another one with a really youtube of a very bad singing performance. Since I watched it, I'm expecting clack of the shoe eating.

Can't wait until Celebrity Apprentice, and I never thought I'd be saying that.

Clay's latest tweet, which justclay alluded to:

If you can finish this, I will eat my shoe! youtu.be/JcC5KnS6eVQ

Sorry Clay, not gonna even try it. It looks bad from just the title ("Terrible Church Singer Attempting to Sing").

justclay, I can understand that, to a point. I'm not a huge fan of opera either. And yet, there have been concerts I've gone to where I found out that it was a opera aria that I just heard...and loved. Just curious...are you a person who reads the last chapter of a book first to see if you're going to like it? I know that it's frustrating to read a book (see a movie, etc.) and love it for the first 200 pages (hour and 50 minutes) just to have it fall apart in the last sections. But that's the risk in almost everything. I'm firmly a believer in "life is a journey." *shrug* (I don't mean this as a criticism justclay, just trying to understand a bit more...)

I'm thinking that tonight I'm going to revive the "Clay's Tweets" thread that has been dormant for a LONG time to catch it up since he started in January. Sound good to everyone?

Love getting tweets from Clay. Just got another one with a really youtube of a very bad singing performance. Since I watched it, I'm expecting clack of the shoe eating.

Didn't Clay once say he'd eat anything if it was fried, including a shoe? Sounds like he might need to pull out the deep fryer. :)

I'm with you too on opera...not my thing.

I'm thinking that tonight I'm going to revive the "Clay's Tweets" thread that has been dormant for a LONG time to catch it up since he started in January. Sound good to everyone?

Sounds good ldyj.

I love opera, I've loved it since I was in college. Since I lived near NYC, I would get in line for the Metropolitan Opera with my friends and we would stand in back of the theatre on Saturdays when I wasn't working. You have to have the libretto to either read during the opera or have read it beforehand. There were the handsome tenors we would talk about and the lovely sopranos of whom we were jealous. It's pretty funny to think of that but I never said I wasn't weird. I would love to be able to go to Carnegie Hall again to see Clay but our tax service starts early the next day. I remember going to see Andre Segovia, famous classical guitarist and Ravi Shanker, sitar player at Carnegie Hall many years ago.

That's funny that you should mention that ldyj because I am one who read the endings of books a lot of times. Love spoilers too. Now I do live in the moment and kind of just go with the flow a lot of times, but if I were to plan ahead for a trip or adventure, I'd want to know a bit more to see if it's worth taking off work and spending money since I haven't found that money tree yet. Now my youngest sister, on the other hand, has to know everything down to the littlest details. Don't like going on trips with her.

So it's all good.

Chips & dip - check

Pizza - check

Corona & limes - check

It's not the d-fence we need to worry about LOL.

You're right. I'm not sure this is what you were thinkning about when you made this statement but....my biggest concern is for the Niner's O Line!!! Ugh

If they can just hold back the Giants' defense then Alex may stand a chance!

ldyj, that sounds like a great idea to me :friends:

hug.gifjustclay. That's what makes us all special, we're all unique! (Just like Fear and her love of opera!)

OK, so I have updated the old Tweet thread, with the archive of Clay's tweets. I've made this "read only" -- meaning only admins can add to it at this point. Hopefully one of us will be able to keep up with the Twittering fool!

The thread is here!