# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

I remember seeing Brett at the Gala this year and thinking about how handsome he is! He looks like his brother!

There's a new CApp ad out, vaulted in the usual places. It has more Clay in it, and it's funny! ("It's also for charity." Hee)

Finally..."Broadway Backwards" is being held in March this year, and while it looks as if Clay isn't performing there (for now), he's part of their advertisement.

Broadway Backwards advertisement

Love the tweet picture and the CAP commercial. He looked really good and wears a suit really well.

Been lurking lately because between ski patrol and working have had not much time to post. I can not wait for Feb.19th

:GM_FCA:

24 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

25 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Another one:

A Blount Street address in the future for @ErskineBowles or Cal Cunningham?? PLEASE!! #adiosBev

I'll have to take time later today to translate this one. I'm wondering if Fear could help with that?

ETA: yep, North Carolina politics. Bev Perdue, current governor, is not running for re-election. Blount Street is where the governor's mansion is.

EEEEEEEEEE! (Maybe)

What is this? From Pause and Play:

http://www.pauseandplay.com/27march2012.htm

"Steadfast" Decca label, Clay Aiken, due March 27.

Just saw this too and got all excited!

From Amazon!!

Steadfast

Clay Aiken (Artist) | Format: Audio CD

Like (0)

Price: $12.83

Special Offers Available

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title will be released on March 27, 2012.

Pre-order now!

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Want to receive this the day it comes out?

Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

Clay just tweeted to look for a blog at the OFC later today..blog and tweeting..love it!

Kim

So Clay releases an album during the time I go to the grocery store. I think I'm going to wait to order it. I love to see it skyrocket on Amazon. :snoopy: Now all we need to do is help BBML a little.

He released it on my hour-long drive home... such horrible timing!

I'm not biting yet on the pre-order. I'm sure it's legit, I just want more information first. :) And what's with the odd price... 12.83? That's a new one. lol

See? All hell breaks loose when I'm in meetings all afternoon. You can all thank me later. *g*

Off to order! Gosh, that sounds good.

Also...to add March 27 as a day to remember. Not sure if I can take it off work though. Bad time of the year for me, especially with a boss that will out on maternity leave at that point (and me and one other staff member taking up the slack...plus we're short staffed now anyway!).

BLOG!!!!!!

I can't wait, even if it's stuff I've heard before. I'm cool with that.

Me too! Already pre-ordered!

Kim

Me three. Songs we have heard live that are not on the album: In My Life, Both Sides Now, in a way Buttercup, because it was on the DVD but not the audio, what else? I kind of wish Something About Us and Sacrificial Love would go on it, but I guess that's not likely... unless he has the rights and rerecorded them. A lot of people would love if Hallelujah were on it, but from the way he sang it at the gala, I'd be surprised if he's recorded it. Although maybe he did, with a lyric sheet.

ETA: Another possibility would be Where Do I Begin? He even said that was recorded for the PBS show. I'd love a good recording of that--it's a b____ to record those loud high notes without distortion.

Sorry, I just don't understand anyone thinking Clay will sing rock music. Clay is going to sing what he likes and what he is good at singing. At zumba the instructor just about swoons every time she plays Buble and this morning it was the most boring, old fashioned song I've ever heard. I guess everyone hears what they want to hear. She might hate a Clay song.

Clay provided a great explanation as to what they are doing. Accept it and move on. :whistling-1: I'm sure we will hear more songs from Clay in the future even if he has to record it in is basement on an old eight track. The music scene is changing and we have to change with it.

I'm enjoying the tweets. :hysterical: Poor Bev got stuck with the biggest landslide of an opposing party since the 19th century. She didn't have a chance of getting reelected.

I accidentally deleted my post, but I found a window that it the board had saved it in. How cool is that!

I thought she held her own against impossible odds. And she really stood up for education--that means a lot to me. She did absolutely everything in her power (but failed) to prevent them from making enormous cuts in the education budget. Things like the North Carolina Governor's School, which was already around when I was in HS. I went, and it was a transforming experience. Now the alums have raised enough money to keep one of the campuses open for one summer. Or the extra pay to pre-school teachers working with children with developmental delays, a crucial step that changes a child's entire life due to early intervention. She was fighting with the same legislature that brought us the vote on a constitutional amendment to not only ban gay marriage, but any protections for domestic partnerships of any kind. So yeah, go Bev. She's also courted and won a great many jobs, often in less populated areas. OK. I'll stop now.

Really..its been 8-9 years now..if they don't know Clay by now, they never will. It makes perfect sense to me; I think he was pretty disappointed that TNT and the Special didn't do well and this seems to be a very cautious approach...I hope it all works out like he hopes.

Kim

Don't be alarmed..that sound you hear are a few heads exploding.....

Kim

Had to quote this because reading around it sure is starting. I have loved most songs that Clay has recorded and I am sure I will love this CD. Some are already sounding off about a tour and not going if these type of songs will be done. Same old merry go round just another day.

Don't be alarmed..that sound you hear are a few heads exploding.....

Kim

Had to quote this because reading around it sure is starting. I have loved most songs that Clay has recorded and I am sure I will love this CD. Some are already sounding off about a tour and not going if these type of songs will be done. Same old merry go round just another day.

Quite predictable they are..I don't even need to look at screennames anymore.

Kim