# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

I agree with Jamar that it was pretty mild what Clay said. But it doesn't really take much in this fandom. I understand where Bottle is coming from as well. But I also think Clay has done a great job holding his tongue all these years. Mostly I think about when he came out and how he let his own fan club board be used for people to say whatever they wanted to say. I could NEVER have done that. When he has said what's on his mind, funny enough, it's when I respect him most.

So was Clay responding to what people were saying on his fan club board or twitter? Even if I were deeply disappointed in his projects, I don't think I could ever say it to his face. Seems so rude. These days I am happy and satisfied just reading here. So it feels different from those heady early years for me. I think the most important thing for Clay right now, is not to satisfy all of us, who despite what we say are still here all these years later. And from what I could see on my quick look around the boards (haven't done that in years) it's the same old same old put any gate in the box here. It's boring. It's time Clay expands beyond us. I hope he can accomplish that with his weekly exposure. Maybe it won't help his singing career but hopefully it will open up some more opportunities for him.

Ok something has been bothering me. Has Reese Witherspoon gotten plastic surgery. Has her chin always been so pointy? ha ha.

:GM_FCA:

16 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

18 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

53 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bwah Fear. I did my taxes and already have my refund check.

I seem to be on the wrong coast for Clay these days. Wonder if those tickets come with airfare and a room LOL.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hope I can make some money in my super bowl pool I like it because everytime the score changes someone wins. I have 2 good squares!

15 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

16 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

52 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Kim

I thought this was funny and so appropriate for this fandom:

post-1511-13283656948217_thumb.jpg

too funny.... but I'd change dating to mothering. ha ha

Oh yeah, that would work, LOL!

Kim

Been trying to post here for daaaays!! Every ding dang time I try I lose internet connection. BUT just for this board. Everywhere else is fine. I've had some long ass pissed off and sad posts and by the time I got around to cliking on "add rely".....POOF. :( So I'm gonna try now and I won't ope the emoties....just in case.

here goes....

Ok, so that worked. WTF?! Well, I guess I will be making short posts (my usual anyway. heh) and NO emoties. Just.in.case.

Probably just as well. Let's just say I agree with most of what couchie above and now my stomach isn't hurting as much from all the bitching and name calling thrown his way a day or two back. ::sigh::

When I went back to edit I couldn't pull up the entire post. It cut off the first sentence entirely. Ugh!

hmmm...maybe I need to use a different browser here.

Thanks ldyj - I love the decorations!

Well I just dropped my baby off to his third shift of his first ever job. He is only 14 (but looks about 10!) and got up off his own backside and got himself a job. I said he should probably wait a year or so but he was so keen that his Dad & I decided to let him have a go. (Where is that proud Mum emoticon?)

He looked so cute in his uniform. I had to cut 13cms off the trousers to hem them!and the mens shirts were all too big so he has a ladies shirt (but shhhhh don't tell anyone!).

Its at KFC and he has to pump his muscles up to lift those baskets of fries but I suspect its doing him good as well as the customer service aspect - always a useful skill.

He normally presents such a confident face to the world but he was visibly nervous today.

Just has left me feeling a bit.....nostalgic for the baby days?......nervous and excited for the possibilities?....old?.....

Hey my first job was at KFC. I wanted to quit after the first day LOL. ButI kept it junior and senior year of high school.

Nice pics.

Tree your frustrations are kinda entertaining. Try a different browser. I've been using Firefox for years and suddenly I started having all sorts of problems. I finally switched over to Chrome and I like it a lot.

ldyj, THANKS for the lickable art!! I just use IE. Always have without any problems like this before. sheesh

ausdon, congrats on your baby's first job :)

Oh and couchie, I'm so glad I can be of some entertainment value. I aim to please :cryingwlaughter:

eta - (because I'm a skeeeered to write a longer post all at once) Does anyone know

if CA is usually available "on demand" on cable? TIA

treenuts, compose your posts in Notepad and then just copy/paste them into the window here before you hit submit. That way you won't lose them if it doesn't work. I used to have the same types of problems with the board but no idea why I stopped having them. I didn't change anything. Is all your software up to date? (i.e. windows upgrades/fixes, etc)?

ausdon, can your 14 yo send my 20 yo some of that motivation and self confidence? :cryingwlaughter: He is currently living in my basement, with no plans, no job, nothing. My other son, the 24 yo, came over for dinner last night. He has been spending his nights living in the basement of the house he shares with his girlfriend (since the break up). She has been living upstairs. Not an ideal situation for sure, but they had to give 60 days notice and didn't give it until February 3. So they can't get out until May 1st, as the landlord is being sticky about it.

Saw the movie Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close last night with cindilu2. Very, very different from anything else I've ever seen. Apparently, the child that stars in it (I mean, he really IS the movie) is not even an actor, he was just a contestant on the kid version of Jeopardy. Pretty amazing. Definitely a worthwhile movie to see.Tom Hanks is really good as well, and Sandra Bullock, while not really a big part of things, is good, especially towards the end. "The Renter" never speaks a word but is awesome!

14 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

15 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

51 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Kim

First Celebrity Apprentice ad during the Super Bowl!

OK, so we've seen it already, and Clay isn't featured, but still....

Interesting game so far, although I have to admit I watch more for the commercials! Loved the Elton John Pepsi commercial so far.

OK, so we've seen it already, and Clay isn't featured, but still....
Well, that kinda sucks.

Not watching. Too sad about my Niners :(

Thanks for the suggestion, luckiest! By the way is "the renter" in the film played by Max Von Sydow? If so, he was nominated for best supporting actor. If not then nevermind. :P

I saw The Artist last week and thought it might be a little tedious or slow but I was dead WRONG! Absolutely LOVED it!! Second best film I've seen in a very long time. War Horse being the best thus far. The frenchman who stars in The Artist is really fantastic. I think he would have been a huge silent film star back in the day. He hams it up well and his a charm/charisma that comes right at you off the screen.

Quote:

Clay Aiken

Exactly @LisaLampanelli .. We've got more drama than Smash... And more Italians throwing things than the Olympics! ;-) #CelebApprentice

In response to:

Quote:

Lisa Lampanelli

1st #CelebrityApprentice commercial of the Super Bowl. Yay! For about the Olympics and "Smash"! Promote us instead! Right, @clayaiken?!?