# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Ldyj, my laptop died and I don't have twitter on this computer yet. It was a convo with Arsenio. I'm getting concerned as my phone plan only has 250 texts allowed Both my sons prefer to text rather than call and adding in all of Clay's tweets appearing as texts, I may have to cut Clay off. :cry4:

I'm trying to figure out where the photo in the previous twitter was taken. It could be 40 with a sign for the RBC Center on the right hand side of the road. Looks familiar as the week before last we drove out to Durham to eat. But we may not have gone that far. ???

luckiest, yep -- that's the one! I find it interesting that he actually tagged Simon in this, meaning that Simon will get any and all replies.

Fear, I wondered if you would know where that was!

:GM_FCA:

Just read that Simon did some housecleaning at X-factor..the host and Paula are gone..guess the show is not doing as well as he expected. Rumor that Mariah Carey may take Paula's place.

19 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

21 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

56 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm trying to figure out where the photo in the previous twitter was taken. It could be 40 with a sign for the RBC Center on the right hand side of the road. Looks familiar as the week before last we drove out to Durham to eat. But we may not have gone that far. ???

It's I-40. Since the sun is setting, he's headed west on I-40. The sign on the right is to 147 I think. This section of 147 is our new tollway under construction - just started collecting tolls this month. It could also say 540, because 147 is N/S and I think the sign says West.

ETA: Yeah, I think that is 540 West. There is one white 540 sign leaving Raleigh heading west (the rest are those big green highway signs that hang above the road like you can see in the distance in the photo) so maybe that is it.

32b244f4.jpg

That girl is lookin' good! Hee.

Got my new TV Guide today (double issue, up to Feb. 19). While there is no write-up about the show, there is a good full page ad. If I can, I'll try to scan it tomorrow.

Another Tweet, he's at Kelly's show tonight:

That's my girl! @kelly_clarksonLooking and sounding GREAT in NCpic.twitter.com/5tZL7zre

a9af97ea.jpg

And another:

b7483c8c.jpg

Miss Independent!pic.twitter.com/pBxGppai

4f3c666f.jpg

Looks as if he's made it backstage. Bet more will show up!

OMG! I am in love with this twit pic!! How ADORABLE are they :wub:

And Kelly's very telling response (I think she's still got a crush on our guy) Can't say I blame her. :)

Kelly Clarkson Kelly Clarkson @kelly_clarkson

@clayaiken who is that sexy couple?!

And lastly, Clay's response back -

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

Dunno. But u can definitely tell which 1 of em had a professional do their hair! ;-)

:hysterical:

Happy February! We made it. I knew January would be a bad month and I was right. Last night, my son broke up with his girlfriend, on my front porch. It was his 24th birthday and they had been living together for almost 2 years. It was heartbreaking. He slept in my guest room last night. :( I guess I'd better put the No Vacancy sign out....all 3 of my kids are now back at home, and one extra to boot (daughter's g/f).

Love the tweets from Clay yesterday. So cool that he and Quiana were able to attend Kelly's concert and get together with her afterwards.

luckiest, give some extra hugs to that son of yours.

I knew he would probably post a picture after I went to bed last night! Oh well...

69a061fe.jpg

And if you can look behind Kelly, you'll see Linda Loveland!

What a fun night. Glad Clay was out and about seeing his good friend, with another good friend.

:GM_FCA:

What a fun night! Clay has really taken to this tweeting thing for someone who fought it for so long! Love the pictures!!

18 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

20 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

55 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Track list for Steadfast:

1. There's a Kind of Hush

2. Bring Back My Love

3. Breaking Up is Hard To Do

4. Crying (Duet with Linda Eder)

5. It's Only Make Believe

6. Misty

7. Unchained Melody

8. It's Impossible

9. Who's Sorry Now

10. Moon River (featuring Vince Gil on Guitar)

And it is getting very ugly out there...list is fine for me..I love these songs...rollercoaster is right, highs from last night and now the lows with this news.

Kim

It didn't help matters that Clay said in his blog that there would be additional songs on Steadfast that hadn't been released before, and besides BBML there isn't anything new on that tracklist for his fans. For me, it's a case of a little hope going up in smoke. I'm dying for some new, contemporary-sounding music from Clay and BBML didn't fill the bill for me.

I sympathize bottle -- the way he worded the blog, I was expecting IML to be included, and am a bit disappointed in that. However, I dearly love BBML, so I'm not going to complain.

I think of it in a couple of ways. First of all -- we'll get new pictures and liner notes! YAY! Secondly, this album really isn't designed for "us" -- it's for the people who see him on CApp and want to investigate further.

I remember discussions on the boards a long time ago about Clay being "an artist" or not. I think he is one, because he sings what he wants to sing, damn the torpedoes.

IMO, he stays true to what he sees as "him." That may not be what many of US see, but what are you gonna do?

I think this is a wise decision; I think there is a lot of uncertainty about sales after Tried and True and it makes no sense to me for him to put his heart and soul into a new CD with new songs and see it fail. I think they are just waiting to see how CA pans out and what kind of reaction he gets...he is getting new followers on Twitter and I expect that to increase when CA starts, but that does not necessarily translate into CD sales or concert sales. I hope it does, but I can certainly see taking the cautious route right now.

Kim

I don't have a problem with the play list. It's Clay afterall. I'm excited to hear these songs remastered. I still haven't ordered but will soon. I'll probably get two from Amazon and a few others from whereever. I really like "It's Only Make Believe". I didn't expect any new songs other than from the DVD. My least favorite is "Moon River", but I'm sure they wanted it because of Vince Gill. It's expensive to record so I really wasn't expecting something new. It's only $11. so I hope fans will support this cd.

I'm sure I'm the only one but I love the "Playlist" from RCA and always have it in my cd player and "Steadfast" will replace TNT. Maybe I'm too easy but I try not to let my expectations get the better of me.

I'm sorry for those who are upset. :thbighug-1:

Did you know Clay's career is over.........again?

How many times is this now..I've lost track!

Kim