# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

I'm seriously hoping that Clay talks a bunch about the Christmas tour during the chat on Tuesday. I want to know where to go at Christmastime, and if I can get there safely! (Not to mention fairly cheaply...)

I like that picture too...Hee.

Glad for an actual concert date but he neeeeeds to come a bit closer... or if by some miracle he has a stop in the DFW area I could probably go to that one.

merrieeee sounds like you're having a good time :)

I think we're on our last super hot day of the week...it's been long enough! Can't wait for it to be cooler. Very thankful though that through all the storms and power outages we haven't been affected.

We didn't get to celebrate on the 4th cause my mom worked and we didn't prepare anything or got invited anywhere. So today at least I'm making up some burgers, potato salad and baked beans. Should be good!

The heat has broken! AC is off and I have my windows open! Going to sit outside and enjoy the cool temps!

Kim

I had a wedding to attend yesterday, and when I left it was 30 C with a humidex of 40 C. When I got home it was much, much cooler, and going down to 19 C over night. So I turned off the a/c before bed. Thank god, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to do that. I hate a/c in the summer, and only use it when necessary. I have to sit in it all day at work, so I'd much rather not have to at home.

I don't think our air will go off until September or so. The weather forecast is for temps in the mid eighties next week. I'll believe it when I see (feel) it. Our painter stopped by to give us an estimate for painting 5 rooms and refinishing the decks. We have to take everything off the walls and shelves. I guess i'll be trying to figure out where to put it all today.

Looking forward to a Tuesday chat. I hope there is not too much angst afterwards. :Imok:

:GM_FCA:

Woke up to the beautiful sound of rain..we have not had any in so long..I am sure my garden is very, very happy!

Going to clean house today; will have Austin tomorrow and Tuesday..we are going to the zoo tomorrow..should be fun and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous..82 and low humidity.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I had a wedding to attend yesterday, and when I left it was 30 C with a humidex of 40 C. When I got home it was much, much cooler, and going down to 19 C over night. So I turned off the a/c before bed. Thank god, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to do that. I hate a/c in the summer, and only use it when necessary. I have to sit in it all day at work, so I'd much rather not have to at home.

I have a friend whose mom said the same thing a couple weeks ago. We had spent the night at another friend's and then went back to her place and her mom had the windows open and the air off, but it was sooooo humid! It felt pretty disgusting for 7am. But when we got in and she asked for a/c, she said that same thing...she sits in it all day at work, she wants to do without for a while. We were miserable but we're also the kids. LOL!

I grew up mostly without a/c. We had a couple units but they were barely used, and hardly ever even set up. I'll take a/c all day every day for the rest of my life and not take it for granted!

Unfortunately, I've turned soft, mostly because of my allergies. As much as I'd like to open my windows on occasion (and the cats would LOVE it as well), I pretty much go from using the furnace straight to the AC and back again. Having said that, my husband and I yesterday noted that when we get out into the "normal" air (which for us yesterday was at it's highest 102 degrees), it actually feels good for a bit. And then, after about 10 minutes, we're like -- "gotta get back into the air!" I too grew up with no A/C, and I suffered with my allergies terribly because of it.

aikim, could you send some of that rain down our way? We need it BADLY.

Talking with my husband this morning, and we started talking about things that we'll be doing...in DECEMBER! Yes, we plan that far ahead. (I also have to make sure that I plan money wise for this, as my husband's 50th birthday is in January. He bought part of my birthday present yesterday, which I will get later this week. I now know how much to plan for his gift!) Therefore, I'm hoping like crazy that Clay talks about the tour on Tuesday so I can make plans.

I totally agree with Fear though -- not sure about the "after-the-chat" conversations on Wednesday...

OMG...I just saw on another board that it's been NINE years since the premiere of "Invisible" from the AI tour. Where did the time go? And that was the beginning of me being a REALLY intense fan for a bit. Remember turning our heads to watch that first clip? Here it is, right side up:

[media=]

• Like 1

That was the first video I ever downloaded and I was so proud of myself that I figured out how to do it..I really knew nothing about computers at that time!

Kim

Happy AI2 Invisable Anniversary everyone. Although I wasn't a fan at the time I have since come to appreciate that moment time :)

I hope like hell Clay has some tour dates somwwhere in California this year!! pleeeeeez baby jesus

I took that video and burned it to a CD. My daughter was in Quebec on a student exchange that summer, and she was so upset that she would have to miss the AI2 tour. She forbade me to go without her, but after that video, how could I not? I am not sure she has ever really forgiven me. LOL.

I grew up without A/C too. When I was 9 my parents had an in-ground pool put in the backyard. So after that, if you were hot, you jumped in the pool. Didn't matter what time, I remember hearing my dad jump in in the middle of the night quite often (since my room was at the back of the house and obviously, my windows were open in the heat). I did the same thing on occasion.

Looking forward to Tuesday, and I probably will just avoid the boards (except here!) afterwards.

Off to pick up Austin in a bit and then to the zoo! Don't mind having to be up early when I get to do something fun!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Some of his tweets from this evening:

We are 15 minutes away from an all new episode of @TheCloser_TNT If you arent so excited youre about to scream, we cant be friends anymore!
They treat my Brenda Leigh so badly!!! Honestly makes me wanna cry!@TheCloser_TNT @kyrasedgwick
I feel like I am WAY too invested in@TheCloser_TNT I'm so wound up that I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight! I dont want it to end EVER
My obsession over West Wing PALES in comparison to my investment in@TheCloser_TNT Seriously! I think it is bordering on the unhealthy now!!

Do you think that maybe now he understands our obsession with him? Nah.... :P

Just peeking in..busy with the baby..fun at the zoo yesterday, but exhausting..waiting for Mama to come and get him..best part of having grandkids..you can love them up and then send them home, LOL!

Kim

I watched most of the chat. It's fun watching him interact with his friend Cameron. However, I left about 15 minutes ago...and now I read that he said the night of the CApp finale, he got drunk?!?!?! Oh man, I'm sad I missed that. Can't wait to watch this chat when they get it up on the OFC!

Drinking story? Yes please!!! :lol: Great chat tonight. Having Cameron there creates a different dynamic but I think we get to see a more real side of him rather than a guarded side. And he was perfectly snarky tonight too! I'm so glad I watched the chat kinda over the all-star game tonight (it's been on mute in the background). The American League players are getting their butts whooped, not very fun for me. LOL