# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

There was an article posted this morning via Broadway world about the Detroit show. It said "holiday music and music from Clay's CD's." Clay just clarified that via twitter:

Way to go shortyjill! What a horrible presale that was. Seriously, the worst in recent memory. It started throwing me mezzanine right at 10:00, and then double letters on the main floor after that (i.e. towards the back). I miraculously pulled up two in the orchestra pit after about 15 minutes, and then cindilu2 managed to get two in row D even later, so we are set. It's amazing to me what people throw back!

I tried searching for pit seats but none were coming up, kept giving me that not available message or whatever it is. I might have to upgrade if I come across one. *g* For now though I'm happy! :)

ETA: They just switched over to a choose your own seat form of buying tickets... you can see what all seats sold! I also wonder how many of them went to brokers... *sigh*

Congrats to those getting seats for the Detroit show!

I think many times, instead of people throwing seats back, it's that people's reflexes aren't real fast. Or their typing skills suck. Or they have an expired credit card and don't know it. I know whenever I do a presale like this, I make sure everything is set -- I even have my CC number typed out on a document and then use it to copy and paste it into the correct place when the time comes. It makes the process all that much smoother and faster!

I just don't think very many of the closer seats for Detroit are available during this pre-sale. I never got offered any of the highest priced seats and I fished long enough that Ticketmaster kicked me off. It was a very frustrating experience. (Finally got on my co-worker's computer and got Row M seats, which will be good enough.)

I did a double check to make sure I had the correct info on my account. I found out I had the wrong address listed and changed it immediately. Turns out it didn't matter that much cause I ended up taking the ticketfast option (it was free for once!) but I'm glad I looked ahead of time.

As for my card info... I have it all memorized. *g* Also stored in my account. I know for a fact it expires next July so I'll have to change all sorts of info then.

There's going to be an OFC presale tomorrow if anyone's not absolutely thrilled with their seats. I'm sure there will be much better ones available!

Shortyjill, are you enjoying the iPhone? I have just graduated to a phone of less than average intelligence; I wouldn't dignify it with the name "smart." It connects to the internet, but has a teeny tiny screen and no apps. However, even with all those limits, I found a use for it just the other day. What's funny is that I also wanted to make a phone call and I could NOT figure out how to do that on this phone. :imgtongue:Finally I did.

I luuurrve my iPhone! But I'm also biased. I had an Android phone that was total crap...after the OS updated it just never worked as well. It froze up more, I could never get the apps I wanted (a lot were by/for Apple products only) and the battery life was horrible. The days just before I upgraded, my phone started blanking out and I wasn't even able to use it. Replying to a text could take me up to 10 minutes cause the phone would have to unfreeze and reload the screen.

Experts say now many Android phones easily compare to the iPhone and some experts think that the Samsung Galaxy SIII surpasses it. I still think it's entirely preference. Same with laptops. I made a switch from Windows to Mac back in 2008 and I've been hooked on Apple since. I have had absolutely no problems with my MacBook in 4 years, whereas my PC laptop was junk in just half the time.

I also am in the house at Detroit. I am row M in section F2. A friend bought my ticket for me today because I was at a meeting. I also will not be around tomorrow because I am heading up North for 4 days of camping. Will take my computer but may not have great access. I am just glad to be there, with not going to the Gala I just want to hear him sing.

Geez, I almost feel guilty for pulling up those pit seats yesterday in the midst of that horrendous presale experience. Almost. :P

I recently upgraded to an iPhone4 from a Blackberry Curve. Both of them were hand-me-downs....I'd never pay the bucks for a new one. Within days of getting the iPhone from my son, I managed to drop it in the driveway and crack the screen. Then two days ago, I dropped it from the coffee table to the laminate floor and it literally smashed. I mean, you couldn't see through it. Luckily, I found a little place close to my work that was able to put a new screen on it for me quickly, and I purchased a knock-off "otter" case to protect it from further mishaps.

luckiest, you can get super cheap cases off of eBay. :) Last weekend I paid $5 for 4 cases! Many hover around the .99c (USD) area and have free shipping worldwide. I even saw some for a penny. You just need to plug in the right words into the search. And I'm so glad I waited for my contract to expire, I got my iPhone for $50 less than the original upgrade price.

Thank you Sprint!!! (I think they dropped the price because they knew the iPhone 5 would be out soon and they want to sell their stock. I also don't think I would have been able to get that one anyway cause the 4S is probably the cutoff for availability/requirement for my OSX version, and I feel like I got lucky with that!)

So, I found out last night that my mom wants to go to the concert and is going to invite my aunt.....so today I'm going thorugh ticket stress round 2. LOL I'm gonna try for good seats through the OFC presale. :)

The password for the Detroit radio presale right now is "JINGLE BELLS" but it brings up exactly the same seats as yesterday's presale password "HOLIDAY". There are still 2 in row D and 2 in row E available though! Those are pretty nice seats.

I had one of those $0.99 cheap cases on my iPhone when it smashed. Never again, they don't protect the screen at all, at least mine didn't.

Thanks! I found the row D and row E seats... still looking for something more centered.. I might call my mom at lunch to get her feelings about sitting on far sides or even mezz, there were a good handful of front row available that I saw before this radio presale. Dunno how similar that map might look after this though lol