# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

50 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This is kind of nice. (Oh, and I guess the other part of the headline might be interesting to some around here as well...) This is from Randy Ho's blog; he writes for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and has written several pieces (and done several interviews) with Clay.

TMZ: Randy Jackson is leaving judges panel; Lou Ferrigno talks up Clay Aiken

The relevant portion for this board:

- My wife Helen and I attended the Dragon*Con media party last night to briefly meet Lou Ferrigno. Ferrigno looks incredibly good at age 60. She grew up watching “Incredible Hulk” and recalls crying during the first episode as a young girl. She also praised him for his work on “Celebrity Apprentice.” Many of the celebrities under-estimated him and didn’t treat him particularly well. The only person he still stays in touch with on the show is Clay Aiken. Aiken, he said, should have won.

49 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Back from my trip....pictures are up on Facebook if anyone is interested (just pm me). We had a blast! Crazy, 55 hour trip across 5 states and back but worth it! I also wrote a food-centric blog about it here. Glad to hear that there are some new concerts popping up! Funny, they are close to where I just visitied. Don't think I'll be making that drive in December though! :P

Great photos too--tell the story really well. I look forward to the blog. Not at all a boring life for you.

Besides that, I'm here, and no time to talk about my (not entirely) boring life at this exact moment, but perhaps tomorrow?

48 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Hey! It's been a rainy weekend here (thanks to Isaac!), so it's been a pretty chill time here. Tomorrow hubby and I are going on a bike ride with some colleagues from my workplace. I also made a good batch of home-made marinara sauce yesterday. We'll eat some later in the week, and the rest went into the freezer.

Topic: one of those containers of sauce will feed my husband while I'm at the Gala. Hee.

We've had some hot, humid weather again this week. Yesterday I went to Toronto to the Canadian National Exhibition (our version of a state fair). The crowds were insane! We took the GO train in from Burlington, so we could avoid parking. My friend has a mobility issue, so we were able to get seats in the accessible car of the train, but by the time we got to the Exhibition stop, they were packed in like sardines. Trying to walk around the grounds was just as bad. We did nothing but eat in the food building, and watch a skating show (twice). Well, we saw a tiny bit of the air show en route from the food building to the skating show, LOL. But between the extreme crowds and the heat, it wasn't worth staying outside for long. The sun was killer.

We got back last night from Bethesda MD, a suburb of DC. SIL and BIL renewed their wedding vows. At the reception a friend of BIL stood up and recanted tails of BIL's girlfriends in High school and college. In the evening we had a great time quizzing him about his paramours. I don't think I ever laughed so much.

BIL being Irish had the afternoon reception at an Irish Pub. The liquor flowed freely and so did the stories. After that we took a capitol monuments tour by boat. It was interesting and a quite refreshing break from the afternoon heat. At the 14th street bridge they asked everyone to get off the top deck as they were lowering the antennae and radar poles due to the bridges being so low to the water. The alcohol which remained in Mr Fear's blood stream brought out the rebel in him and he laid down on the bench's of the upper deck and refused to leave. After they threatened to call the water police and the coast guard on him, he finally moved. Good thing I don't embarrass easily, but i do roll my eyes a lot. :goodVevil: It was a fun weekend.

Checking in after my bike trip. Weather was great, no rain! We did a total of 292 miles in 5 days. Would of had a bit more but had to move our RV to the next stop everyday so it cuts out some ride time in the morning.

Took a while to catch up on everything that happened while I was gone. I did have wifi at two school on Thurs. and Friday. Friday I went on and read a little then shut down computer and went to supper. I came back and went to sign on to finish reading and my hard drive died. Thank goodness my computer is only 5 month old and the hard drive is still under warranty so back it goes. I am on my 6 year old Dell. Maybe old but still works!

I agree we need an annoucement of a Michigan concert. My work schedule is always so far in advance so I have to plan.

46 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

45 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Two more concerts up at the OFC:

• Dec 6 -- Concert, Palace Theater (Stamford, CT)
  • Dec 4 -- Concert, Musikfest (Bethlehem, PA)

So, this is what I have listed in the TimeLine thread at this point (in reverse order):

• Dec 15 -- Concert, Arcada Theater (St. Charles, IL)
  • Dec 9 -- Concert, Wilbur Theater (Boston, MA)
  • Dec 8 -- Concert, Luhrs Center at Shippensburg University (Shippensburg, PA)
  • Dec 6 -- Concert, Palace Theater (Stamford, CT)
  • Dec 4 -- Concert, Musikfest (Bethlehem, PA)
  • Dec 1 -- Concert, Trump Taj Mahal, Mark J. Etess Arena (Atlantic City, NJ)
  • Nov 29 -- Concert, Durham Performing Arts Center (Durham, NC)
  • Nov 25 -- Concert, Capitol Theater (Clearwater, FL)
  • Nov 24 -- Concert, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall (Sarasota, FL)
  • Nov 23 -- Concert, Kravis Center for the Performing Arts (West Palm Beach, FL)

Do I need to start a 2012 concert section with the information, as we've done in the past? Or do we want to just keep everything here in the main thread?

44 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim