# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

New tweets in the tweet thread. And it looks as if that was the real Cher who posted the original tweet.

Im pretty sure u meant "Akin", right? Im a nice guy! Ha! ;-) RT @cher: let Aiken get raped by man with HIV/AIDS.Nothing will happen, right?

Pretty tacky in some ways, but I also understand the sentiment...

More tweets:

Almost 20 years later & I STILL buy Welch's juice solely b/c of this kid! Best product spokesperson ever! I miss him.

JessMcV123 replied:

@clayaiken you could probably buy Welch's FROM him. I was watching a "Where are they now?" Child Stars show and he works at a NC Walmart!

To which Clay replied:

@JessieMcV123 check your facts before you talk about someone. :-(

I guess he works at a Texas WalMart now...

:GM_FCA:

55 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

54 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

ACK! Can't let the day go by without any posts at all! FearofH20 has your son returned from his bike trip? I've been waiting for news--hopefully he is back safely and had a great adventure. I have enjoyed all the things you have been posting about him and his website--have gone to all the links. His head is definitely in right place regarding a lot of things. :clap:

Luckiest, how's the grandpuppy? When you first posted the picture I thought he looked kind of listless, but was hoping there was nothing wrong. I do hope everything works out well for all, including the puppy, and that Stewart gets a healthy puppy that can be insured.

Posting about what I've been doing can be a snore, but what else can I post about? Not married, no kids, live in a condo, unemployed. Yawn, but a happy yawn. I like my life. Kinda. :tongue57: Today I copied and pasted 53 articles from a 16-page word document into the website I work on, "washing" them of code first and reformatting. It's a newsletter already printed and distributed in paper form, but there are a couple of hundred greenies who get it by email. My colleague used the articles I cut and pasted to create the e-mail version and I sent it out. First time I've done so much of the process, and I could probably do the rest now--not that I want any more responsibility. Tomorrow I will have to go back and copy a lot of the articles (single button this time, "copy"), recategorize, put ending dates on most, and add them to various places on the website and calendar. Luckily we have now tied together website and website calendar so one more button from the calendar side connects those. We used to have to do cut and paste each newsletter item three times, until I figured out how to make it twice, and then my co-worker figured out how to make it just once. And I do this for no pay! :langue:

I like the way the emoties are showing up now. Did I do that when I cleaned things up? However it happened I like the little thumbnails running cross the bottom of the post window.

Ok jmh123, you guilted me into posting about my boring life too. LOL. The puppy is actually for Ian, not Stuart. Ian has his own apartment. We already have 3 pugs and 2 cats here in my house, so last thing we'd need is a German shepherd! LOL. Anyways, the puppy is still with the breeder, who is trying to bring him up to a healthy weight. To her credit, she is doing a good job of it as apparently he has doubled his weight since he left us a few weeks ago. However, she is doing it with raw food and she now has to transition him back to kibble and have him continue to gain weight before Ian will take him home again. Of course, my concern is that this poor start in life has adversely affected the little guy and he will require more vet care than usual in the future. Also, I still don't think he will be fully insurable. But Ian's heart is set on him so hopefully he'll come home soon. I'm attaching a recent picture that was taken up at the breeder's.

post-212-0-63637600-1346147482_thumb.jpg

Later today, my daughter Lindsay and I are going to do something wild and crazy (those of you who know us personally, know this is not unusual LOL). She has to go back to college next week, so to end off the summer in which we didn't do anything but work, she wants to go on a whirlwind roadtrip. She has to be back at work by Friday at noon. So tonight, after work, we plan to drive as far as Cornwall ON, and then tomorrow wind our way through Vermont, New Hampshire and eventually end up in the Old Orchard Beach area of Maine for the night. Thursday, we will go back through MA and NY and eventually end up in Buffalo, where we may or may not stay the night depending on how tired we are. Crazy? You betcha! But she is a postcard hound, and likes to cross states off her list. I have never been to any of these states either (other than NY) so I'm game. Why not? What I wouldn't do for a fresh Maine lobster dinner...she also has plans to stop and take the tour at the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory in Waterbury VT.

jmh, thanks. Second day and he has done a total of 165 miles. So he is almost half done but now goes to the less populated areas. We finally heard from him by text, so i feel a little less anxious. I tried to get him to stop and get his calf bandaged like they did in the Olympics this year. Kinesio is now recommended by PT to promote faster healing of muscles. He injured his calf the first day. At the Kinesio website you can find places that use this technique. Jeff is stubborn like his mom and will continue no matter what. He is spending the last two nights in yurts at state parks.

Not boring jmh, as long as we continue to learn and grow it's pretty interesting. luckiest, good to hear about the puppy gaining weight. I hope you and Lindsay have a fabulous trip.

Have a great day.

They have added the Sarasota venue to Appearances on the OFC..so we are up to 4 venues officially!

53 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Luckiest that sounds like a lot of fun. I also want to visit every state. I still have a lot to go, about 18. Have fun. I have to say, and I'm sorry if I offend, out out of all the states I've visited Vermont was one I didn't particularly care for. I don't like the landscape and the signage stinks.

Well better get ready for work. Not sure yet if I have Monday off. All depends on the workload.

Fear good luck to your son.

Luckiest sounds like a great trip! Have fun. :)

Count me into the dull and boring life category too. I've filled my month with a couple much wanted-to-see shows, Boardwalk Empire and Once Upon A Time...and I got kinda obsessed with Boardwalk. (Oops) Last night I saw the first commercial for the 2nd season on DVD 3 times and I watched it each time. (oops again.) This weekend was a little more interesting, I went with a friend to a concert, we saw Evanescence and Chevelle..great show. :) And then one of my aunts came to visit from western MI and she spent the weekend with us. We didn't do much but watch TV, but doesn't that make having company simple? Haha!

I don't know why but I'm dreading this month's end.. it hasn't helped me be motivated for anything either. It just makes things even less interesting. lol

Here reading everyday and hoping for some more tour info. At least one close to me. If worse comes to worse we will have to do the 6 hour drive to St. Charles.

Off this afternoon to to to the start point of our 5 day bike tour. This is an organized ride so no riding by ourselves. We will do about 70 miles a day. Packed all morning I think we have everything. I may check in on Friday. There was one school last year that we stayed at that had wifi, so I will put my laptop in the car.

I can not believe I am already getting info for the start of ski season. I am not ready, bike season is not done!!

Have a great trip gbmifan. I wish my son would go with a group and he does for short trips but I think he wanted a little alone time. He called this afternoon and told us about a tunnel he had to go through which didn't have a bike lane. He said you pushed a button before riding in and a big sign" flashed bike rider in tunnell". They are so much more bike friendly in Oregon than they are here.

:hi:

I'm here too! It's just that school started a week ago, and it's been crazy -- in a good way, actually. For some reason, this year the faculty have finally figured out that us librarians can help them so much, and help their students, with finding good quality resources. They have to work with us, and they finally are doing that. I've worked here 6 years, and it finally seems to be sinking in!

luckiest, that trip sounds like a LOT of fun. I've never done a "spur of the moment" trip -- maybe someday!

Would you know, my husband and I haven't even pulled out our bikes this year! It's been too darn hot most of the time, plus the busyness factor! So these bike trips sound like fun, but I think I couldn't ride more than a few miles this year!

I can't believe it's just under 2 months before the Gala! BTW, I'm still planning on a dinner -- let me know if you're interested! I'm planning a take-home favor for everyone!

:hi: Hello everyone.

Have a good trip Lucky - I love spur of the moment road trips - and gbmifan - I admire your fitness and zest for all your sports.

Fear - I hope your sons trip goes well - is there ever an age where you can stop worrying about them?

Hey jmh - Doesn't sound boring at all, I love to hear what everyone is up to.

I have been lurking most days but have been laid up with a fluey-type virus for the last week. My DH got it first and surprised me by agreeing to see a Dr as soon as I suggested it. Normally he won't go until hes ready to fall down so I know he was feeling bad.

As soon as I started to get it he kept telling me to see the Dr but I kept saying I wasn't really sick enough and I couldn't very well say "I know I've just got a cold now but I think I'll be really sick next week!"

Anyway next week came and I have some strong antibiotics (for the chest infection) which are making me pretty nauseous :wacko: and am trying to deal with the prolonged coughing fits through the night. Hey its one way to get the week off work right? :shrug:

I am trying to keep away from the kids but they'll be lucky if they don't get it. I have stopped preparing the food so some interesting meals have been served but hey ho nobody starves!

My elder son is having exams and assessments - he hasn't long to go now until he is finished high school. We put in his university application on the weekend. He still has no clear idea of what he wants to do, but at least has a plan of sorts.

My younger son is going very well at school and put in his selections for his senior subjects a couple of weeks go. he has discovered a love of the "business " type subjects so will be doing Business, Accounting and Legal Studies along with English Maths and History. He wants to study Law and Business at Uni. That is still 2 years away, so we will see how it goes. But I am glad that he does seem to have put some thought into it.

We got some sad news last night. DHs' grandmother passed away. She had not been well for the last week or so and was (I think) 95? She has had dementia for the last few years so didn't really know us when we would visit, but would have good days and bad.

My Dh will probably travel down with his Mum for the funeral next week. It's a 3 hour flight then a 5 hour drive, so its good she won't have to do it by herself.

I am looking forward to the Gala and Concert reports and still buying my lotto ticket!

ausdon feel better. No you never stop worrying about your kids. My mom never stopped worrying. The week she passed away she had chest pains but wouldn't go to the hospital until she heard from my brother. Good luck with the lottery. Hope to meet you at a Gala.

Ladyj, my friend and I are still interested in the dinner on friday night.

52 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

There's one that's showed up for Boston too...

I noticed he has a full week between the Shippensburg and St. Charles dates, I'm hoping he fills in that large gap with some dates in the OH/MI/IN area....specificially MI... I'm thinking more and more how unlikely I'd be able to go unless he comes to me. Tough times and all right now.

I don't know why but I was just taken back to when we started getting dribbles of information for the SRHP tour and the Sterling Heights date was one of the final ones to be announced. I hope I don't have to wait and have my nerves strung out like that again. LOL

Shortyjill, today I decided to engage in idle speculation! Imagine! A Clay fan doing that! But I'm not reading other people's speculations, and I'm sure there are some others there. I put all the dates we have so far on a calendar, and then looked at the list of states Clay did NOT include in his tweet (because so far all the venues that have been announced were not on the tweet list, so I'm guessing the other states were under serious consideration already). So I tried to map out where and when he might be for the other dates we don't have. For the time between Boston and Illinois I decided that OH, MIch, Indiana were the best bets. And OH and IN are on the tweeted list, so that leaves Michigan. The only other possibilities IMO would be Vermont or Connecticut, since he's going north to Boston. I think any other dates in NY, PA, and thereabouts will all be prior to that, because he's got a whole week between NJ and Shippensberg, and that is Clay country. After Boston I think he will either head towards the center of the country or further north. Wherever it is, he probably wants a cluster of dates relatively close to one another rather than travelling a lot between venues. Especially in the winter. So he could do Michigan and OH or ???. I suppose it could even be Canada. But I think he'd be more likely if there were a Toronto or Vancouver date to do that after IL because I think he will be heading to the west coast after that. Canada is probably a pipe dream but I really wish for all the Canadian fans that he would be able to perform there again! Blah blah blah. :rainbowsmile:

I am thrilled that he's going to be at the DPAC. I hope he packs the place. That will probably be the only NC date, since the DPAC holds 2,700. Will there be another southern date? Or will it be DC?

:thinking:

Tomorrow it is back to the salt mines and deeper thoughts. I'm so glad the rest of the dates are starting to come in now.

51 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

I was at GMA for that last picture. We stayed up all night. Fun times.

Right now I am ticked. I had a temporary crown on a back molar and I swallowed it. We are leaving tomorrow and I'm hoping I can squeeze a visit to the dentist in the morning. I also have a doctor's appointment I made three months ago and haven't started packing or ironing. :fncomputer: But i baked a lemon tart and a buttermilk pound cake . So a little progress was made.

I hope you all have a great weekend if i don't get back on line before I leave.