# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

25 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This could be very wishful thinking on my part, but as I was reading on CV this morning, I put 2+2 together on something.

1) Clay has been pimping Mark Burnett, the producer of Survivor and The Voice, a lot lately with the mini-series "The Bible."

2) The NBC reality show "The Sing-Off" is coming back.

3) Mark Burnett has taken over said show.

4) One of the previous judges, Sara Bareilles, is not going to be on the show.

5) Clay said after CApp that "hell would freeze over" if he did another reality show.

So...maybe? I would love this, as I love "The Sing-Off." The groups on that show HAVE to be able to sing, and well.

Also, Mark Burnett has a connection to "The Voice." Maybe Clay will be on there?

I'm trying not to build up my hopes, but either of those options would thrill me.

Yeah, I always find it is better not to get my hopes up when Clay tweets about something vague...often times, his version of something exciting and mine are two different things. But it would be so cool if he was involved in one of those shows!

I know! As merrieee said, it's probably something fairly important to him, but to us fans -- blah.

I just keep telling myself (and I do believe this): if he's happy, I'm happy. Simple.

From Twitter tonight:

Debra ‏@debrakay23

Just got an email saying I got vouchers for idol taping next week, with Fantasia and Clay Aiken. Sorry, nope. Only if it was David Cook.

So it looks to be Idol next week. Interesting...

Unashamedly stolen from CV;

QUOTE (Clayskater @ Apr 11 2013, 11:32 PM)

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog 13m

#Fantasia and #ClayAiken will appear on #AmericanIdol next week. How about THAT #idol

From the Clayboard

QUOTE (coopersgirl @ Apr 11 2013, 11:34 PM)

Jason Scott‏@JasontheScott22m

Clay Aiken + Fantasia are set to perform on next Thursday's @AmericanIdol results show! Very cool. #ThrowbackThursday #IDOL

Retweeted by CAUpdatesPics&Videos

6 Days until Clay's appearance on Idol! :yahoo:

24 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

I just realized that Clay's appearing on Idol the same day as my 15th wedding anniversary. I'll have to DVR and watch the next day...

There's all kinds of speculations about what he will sing. Me? I'm happy with whatever he chooses, because he'll be on my TV!

Idol, seriously? What will he perform? I haven't watched Idol in years. I studiously avoid it. I'm not sure if I'm happy or not. But of course I'll watch!

I can't think of any other way to say what you did, luckiest. This is how I feel exactly.

Well I'm thrilled. I quit idol for many years but started watching after Simon left. The first year that I tried to watch I quit about 6 eppies in as I didn't like any of the "talent." I watched all of last season and liked all the top 3. And I'm watching this year. I like that every results show they actually have AI alum sing and not just other music stars looking to promote their music. This week it was Kelly and Scotty. They usually do a nice clip of what they've been up to first. So I hope they do that with Clay. Last week it was Carrie and some other guy from a year I didn't watch. Of course the ratings are WAY down this year and the Voice is SOOOOOOOOO much better but I'll gut it out as they have 2 girls as talented as anyone who has walked through the Idol doors.

What's funny is that I found out about this on Twop.

To reiterate my discombobulated post from this morning, I haven't watched AI since season 2. I always downloaded Clay's appearances after the fact. I hope he is excited about this and will attract some new fans and outlets for his talent. I'd love to go see him next weekend too, but not sure about it yet.

We are talking to a potential buyer for our home. Fingers crossed he comes up to our price. We told the broker this was our final offer. A few others have expressed interest in our home so we are not yet desperate. I am getting sick of having to keep the house clean and having to leave with 2 hours notice, but hopefully it will pay off. Signed on with a painter and met with the hardwood floor guy today. Progress.

5 Days until Clay's appearance on Idol! :yahoo:

23 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Congratulations Fear! Good luck with the packing. Do you have a new place?

This week has been one of ups and downs for my household. It started on a good note, with me having the afternoon off to see Supreme Court Justice (Ret.) Sandra Day O'Connor earlier in the week. For 83 years old, she is a SPITFIRE!

But then, that evening, my husband gets home after all the exciting activities (they honored the Justice at his college), and finds that his 4 month old iPad is missing! MAJOR bummer.

And then, his cold that he's had for the past week and a half never did get much better, so he had to see the doctor for antibiotics.

In the meantime, we now have a cat with hypothyroidism -- meaning medicine for the rest of her life. She's an indoor cat only, and is 12 years old. Fortunately, they now make a medicine that you can rub onto the inside of their ears and it is absorbed. It's more expensive than giving a pill each day, but WAY easier.

Next, I had my annual physical two weeks ago; my doctor's office calls and says "make an appointment, we need to talk about your test results." Crap. Made the appointment for yesterday; turns out I have the beginnings of osteoporosis in my back (fortunately, not in my hips yet). I'm now on a weekly medication -- that has to be taken first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, but you can't lay down afterwards, and you can't eat for 30 minutes. My morning routine is to take my meds (including another one that has to be taken on an empty stomach), shower, and then eat breakfast. This new med, while only once a week, also cannot be taken with any other meds. This is confusing!

Good thing? My husband is part of the school musical at his college. It's called "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson," a punk rock musical about the American president. Yes, it truly is bloody (I sat in the front row, and I got splattered a bit) and it has a lot of bad language. It is also raucously fun! My husband is the guitar player in the band, and he's having a blast this week.

And finally...this morning...my husband gets notice from his iPad's "Find my iPad" service that someone has his iPad! It should have flashed a message saying "reward offered to return." However, no one has called. On the other hand, it also has "tracking" so we know where it was found, and we've got a call into the police to see if we can get it back!

Throw on top of this all of Clay's activities...and this has been one hectic week!

Oh, and did I mention that my 15th wedding anniversary is next Thursday? The same day as Clay's appearance? Sigh. I'll be checking my phone all night...