#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Now I will just kick back and wait for his new show on the History channel.

Whats this? Spill!

ETA - NM. Found it -

Rob Mariano Gets His Own Reality Show

He's battled through four seasons of Survivor and competed twice with wife Amber on The Amazing Race, but 'Boston' Rob Mariano isn't done with reality TV yet.

Mariano and monster truck impresario Dennis Anderson will star in a new series for History this year, PEOPLE has learned.

In Around the World in 80 Ways, Mariano and Anderson will challenge each other to circumnavigate the globe using 80 different methods of transportation with the caveat that each cannot repeat any way twice.

"I think The Amazing Race gave me a foundation for traveling," Mariano tells PEOPLE. "However, the approach that we are taking in Around the World in 80 Ways is completely different from anything I've done before in that this show will be a celebration of transportation throughout history."

From boats to blimps to the backs of camels, is there a mode of travel Mariano fears the most? "I'm not too fond of anything that keeps me in a confined space," he says. "That is claustrophobia."

After the finale for Survivor: Redemption Island airs on May 14, Mariano will start production with Anderson, the creator and driver of the monster truck called Gravedigger.

Meanwhile, Amber, the winner of Survivor: All-Stars, will stay home with daughters Lucia Rose, 21 months, and Carina Rose, 4 months.

"Being away from my family is always the toughest part about doing these shows," Mariano says. "Luckily, I have a wonderful wife that understands my thirst for adventure and consistently supports me in my quests."

People.com

Edited by jmh123
fixed link :)

Yes, I am much better today, thanks ldyj! Although it use to take a mere day or two to spring back from one these episodes and now it has taken me several days. It's HELL getting old. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad you are feeling better, treenuts. Getting older is not for sissies. :lol:

There's a new Carolina On My Mind blog featuring this weekend's 2011 Fan Fest in York, PA. Links to the festival's website provide a world of information about the annual fundraiser for the National Inclusion Project.

ACA_2b.jpg

A new wallpaper by AmazingCA is also highlighted as is the "stolen laptop mystery" that unfolded in real time on Twitter last Thursday. You can still read this fascinating stream in the blog linked at the Carolina site.

Have a great week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

:hello: FCA!

I have been down with some kind of bug. Its just that time of year where lots of people catch lots of things I guess. Many people away at work as well.

House is going along slowly, tiler working today but no sign of the painter that was supposed to start this week - I'm getting a bit impatient now!

Clay - do something to get my mind off it!!

:GM_FCA:

Two weeks from today I start my class..part of me is looking forward to it and part of me is dreading it, but at least it is a short semester. Just with the teacher would put the course syllabus online so we know what books to get, etc...I hate waiting until the last minute.

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

68 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Am I too late to jump on the "pets" bandwagon,

Five years ago we got Sadie as a 5 week old puppy, and NEVER knew she would be attracted to kitty poop and literally eats everything that isn't nailed to the ceiling.

She is a LAB/shep mix and doesn't know enuf to stay off the road.

One day about three years ago before we got the yard fenced I had to take her outside( REMEMBER Dagwood Bumstead with his dog). The only way to get her to stop running was to hit the ground, well she would not let me get up off the ground, I started screaming until until the post lady came by and asked if I needed help... Well YA. It took three of us to get her in the house.

It was winter with lotsa snow BRRR. Usually she was fine once hubby took her out in the morning b4 he went to work. Just the odd time she would start going nuts on me..

From ClaySTO:

Earlier news this morning on Fox 50 (Channel 1150 HD & 13 in the Raleigh Area), had a blurb about Clay being from Raleigh, singing in the Raleigh BoyChoir, etc. (no pics of Clay) I saw this on both the 7:00am & 8:00am shows.

They also mentioned that Clay's Mom is going to be on their show tomorrow -- I think the 8:00am news show. (now if this means, she will be shown on regular WRAL-TV (Channel 1105 & 3) at the 8:00am show, I don't know -- it's so confusing with these two)

eta: I did record the Clay mentions & plan to record the news tomorrow, too.

Interesting that Clay is getting so much air time in Raleigh..wonder why Faye is going to be on the show..something with the Foundation?

Catscanadian never too late! Our dog likes cat poop too..have no idea why, but we really have to make sure we clean the little box out; otherwise he is digging around in there...he is a beagle/Jack Russell mix.

We really need some Clay news!

Kim

I don't know about McCartney's new oldies record, because I'm still spending money on the old stuff. I just ordered the Anthology DVD set and CD set for my youngest son for his birthday. I'm certain that I must have this new remastering of "McCartney", just as I had to have the recently released "Band on the Run" remaster, and the entire 2009 remastered collection. The Beatles' heirs will be making major money for a long, long time.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/mccartney/usd.php

And, this week I downloaded seven remastered Moody Blues albums with unreleased material on each, and all are amazing. I'm spending so much money on new "old" stuff that I may be too broke to buy Macca's oldies "new" music. Buuuuut, I doubt it.

I'd buy something of Clay's too, if he had something new for me. Oh yeah, the OFC swag. I'll have to have it. I'm sick. I really don't like magnet note pads, etc., but I have to have it. How pathetic am I? I don't care. I own my extreme patheticism.

I'm also glad to hear that Rob Mariano has a reality show coming. I don't why I like that guy so much. But I even watched his wedding to Amber. I was embarrassed for myself, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

BWAH kf!!

I absolutley LOVE the orignal Beatles stuff. I have been a fan of John's post-Beatle music; have seen Ringo live a number of times and find him very cute and funny but have not found much about post-Beatles Maca that I really love. Wish I did since he is actually still touring and recording. *sigh*

We really need some Clay news!

You can say that again! There's only so much animal pukage and feces one board can cover before is begins to smell :cryingwlaughter:

Ausdon, hope you feel better soon :hug:

EEEEEEE I'm just so damn proud of this organization! :clap:

"San Francisco Giants Make History

as First Pro Sports Team to Make "It Gets Better" Video"

The Giants have a long history of supporting the LGBT community. In 1994, the Giants became the first team in Major League Baseball to dedicate a game every year to "Until There's A Cure" Day, raising money for HIV/AIDS research at a time when victims were still being stigmatized.
:wub:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-mirabella/san-francisco-giants-make_b_863082.html

Go Giants! (except when you are playing my Cubs)

Kim

Kim

Substitute "Cardinals" for "Cubs" and you have me as well.

*ducks from aikim*

Actually, I've always had a soft spot for the Giants -- as a Huey Lewis and the News fan, San Francisco in general has a soft spot in my heart.

Time for bed, I believe....

Kim

*ducks from aikim*

Actually, I've always had a soft spot for the Giants -- as a Huey Lewis and the News fan, San Francisco in general has a soft spot in my heart.

The way the Cubs are playing, I just may have to change teams..it is embarrassing.

Kim

EEEEEEE I'm just so damn proud of this organization! :clap:

"San Francisco Giants Make History

as First Pro Sports Team to Make "It Gets Better" Video"

The Giants have a long history of supporting the LGBT community. In 1994, the Giants became the first team in Major League Baseball to dedicate a game every year to "Until There's A Cure" Day, raising money for HIV/AIDS research at a time when victims were still being stigmatized.
:wub:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-mirabella/san-francisco-giants-make_b_863082.html

Way to go Giants!

Kim

*ducks from aikim*

The way the Cubs are playing, I just may have to change teams..it is embarrassing.

Kim

Tigers are doing well. We just came off a 7 game winning streak! :lol:

Thanks tree

Funnily enough we are in the middle of our Workplace Health & Safety audits and as I make sure all is in order and cough my lungs out I keep thinking that it should be renamed ill-health & safety audit at the moment.

FOD Video Premier This Month! :yahoo:

68 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It appears Clay is in NYC!

eeeeeeeeee looks like Clay is in NYC - that is where the tweeter is from

QUOTEfayeoppenheimer Faye

clay aiken was literally right outside of my office building. he saw me staring. #celebsighting

4 minutes ago

Another sighting

Tweet:

brad_hamilton @BroadwaySpotted Clay Aiken at @SisterActBway tonight. 8 minutes ago via txt

Kim

Can't believe no one has posted since last night and I posted news too! Come on people...wake up!

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

67 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

Desperate times call for desperate measures..this should get everyone's blood moving (and probably other um "body parts")

Kim

hello.gifaikim

Just haven't been around much lately, RL is interfering! Leaving for a visit to my niece for a few days, followed by my boss' wedding. Not sure how much I'll be online, except for my phone.

I'm glad Clay's in NYC at this point, hope he has something good planned!

And I'll say it one more time...as long as Clay's happy, I'm happy. It may get frustrating as a fan, but if he's doing what he wants, I'm good.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog celebrates a decade with Clay Aiken in montages (Hope, SueReu), graphic designs (AmazingCA, cindilu2, ABeautifulMind, Sally, Fountaindawg), and the many contributing videographers and photographers.

NOTE: This should help those saying they "need some Clay." :)

The title comes from the fact that two of Hope's videos include some of Clay's pre-Idol performances in Raleigh. Thank you for your blog comments/visits and assistance with tweets, Facebook posts, links, etc. The more interaction at the Clay blog sites the more the entries are seen on the Internet by fans, the NJU crowd, and others; so come share your favorites and help thank the artists who contribute to this special stream of clack with which we are blessed.

Wishing all an awesome day! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen: