#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

FOD Video Premier this month! :yahoo:

71 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Don't know nuthin' about dogs. I do know, however, that cats seem to barf an awful lot.

Topic? It still hurts me to this day that Clay has an aversion to cats. I wish he'd come meet mine.

Raining today, with all kinds of graduations in our area that are scrambling to move indoors.

I wish Clay would get over his cat thing too. :( My cat doesn't do much but sleep, I think he'd be okay with that.

Happy Saturday? It's been gloomy all day here, and I don't know what it is, but it's felt a little weird. That sense has gone away a little as the day has gone on, but it still has an odd twinge to it. Just me?

Nope, not just you. It's gloomy here as well. Threatening to rain and I had to call in sick to work today after throwing my back out the other day. It does this about once or twice a year and it sucks! Pookle

Claaaaay! I need you to come out and play. I could use a nice distraction....pleeease :needclay:

Dreary here too, although we had a little sunshine late this afternoon. I was in and out all day trying to do a little gardening, in between doing yousendits of a young friend's college graduation last weekend. Cute videos my son took with my camera. I'm sending them off to him as he is back on the west coast.

I hope your back feels better soon treenuts. :hug:

Have a better day tomorrow shortyjill.

Gloomy and rainy here too..I have spent the day wrapped up in a quilt on the couch watching TV..not much else to do. Made a pot of soup for dinner and that was about it. Can't believe it is the middle of May..feels like March.

Kim

Well went out to the little league park today. My nephew's team is 14 and 0! And I'm telling you it's their defense. Those kids can field! It was cold out there as they play about a block away from the Bay.

So does anyone else get "junk" mail that has something to do with a past Clay concert. I just got the new symphony schedule from Omaha. They actually had a very nice calendar in there.

I get junk mail all the time related to my Clay adventures.

On the conversation about dogs and puking, my dogs eat the grass too when their stomachs are upset, and my short, fat one throws up all the time. Then he eats it which is even more disgusting. The big dog must have a cast iron stomach though because she's like a goat. She gets into the trash and takes out wrappers and eats them and then they come out in her poop. And lord knows how many vitamin supplements and protein bars of my son's that she's eaten over the years.

As far as my cat, if Clay ever got over his fear of them, he could have mine. He's just a big, lazy ball of fur that eats and poops.

justclay12, be careful with that. We had a lab/dalmation cross when the kids were little, and my ex ended up with her. She used to get into a lot of stuff too. I remember once she got a dozen donuts off the counter and ate them all (she was a big girl!) One day she got into garbage when my ex was out, and by the time he got home she was a mess. He took her to the vet but eventually her kidneys shut down and they had to put her down. She was only a few years old.

My pugs are between 14 and 20 pounds each, and I've had some scary occurances with them getting into stuff. They will literally eat anything. One ate the wrapper from cupcake one day, which thankfully was paper based and not foil based, so she was able to pass it. She also got into some type of black stuff in the park (maybe some type of manure?) and threw it up for hours until we had to take her in and get IV fluids, because she was dehyrdated. The vet said she was toxic, and gave her antibiotics. Last year, while I was taking out the kitchen garbage, she got a hold of a piece of tin foil that had been used to wrap chicken. After a few x-rays, we determined that the foil itself had been chewed enough to pass through (that was a fun couple of days looking for it in her poop) but then she started vomitting and needed antibiotics because she had picked up some bacteria from the chicken. Ugh. So I don't take many chances when they get into things now....my first instinct is to take them to the vet to be safe.

OK enough about dog puke and poop. :cryingwlaughter: Last night I took my mom to see Burton Cummings in concert. I think he has one of the most unique and amazing voices of the past 40 years, so I quite enjoyed the concert. Happy to say he still sounds just as good as he used to, and he got a great crowd. He went heavy on the Guess Who stuff, which I love. I usually find he's a bit crass and egocentric but he seemed to have toned that down last night. Anyways, all yesterday they were forecasting rain and thunderstorms but they never arrived. It was warm and humid, and I was able to turn the soil on my back garden, which I am hoping to plant with veggies in the next couple of days. We came out of the concert about 10 pm to a torrential downpour with a bit of flooding. I guess it was just biding it's time! Today so far looks wet and windy, and the temp has dropped quite a bit. Perhaps the planting is going to have to wait.....

Still windy and rainy..but they keep promising it is going to get better as the week progresses.

70 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

Rainy here too, and I think that was my problem with yesterday. It threatened to rain the whole day and we got nothing, even though everywhere around us did. It was just strange!

treenuts hope you're feeling better today!

Awe, thanks for asking, shortyjill! I am a bit better today, thankgoodness! Hugs back to you and Fear :hug:

It didn't just rain here this morning, it HAILED hard! With some thunder and lightening thrown in for good measure. WTF?! lol

I hope your day and everyone elses goes much better today! Especially those with puking pets :BlowKiss:

Now I'm off to watch the Giants vs. Cubs game.

I hope we hear from Mr. Aiken sometime before the end of summer!

ETA - Well poop...game postponed due to rain. I figured that would happen after last nights game. I felt bad for the Cubs given that was their first at home Saturday night game in nine years. Nationally televised with a starting crowd of over 39,000, most of whom left by the 5th inning because the weather conditions were so fucking aweful! I still can't believe the umpires didn't call it until the 7th inning. It was brutal out there!

Guess I'll clean the cat box and get the trash ready for tomorrow. ugh

Bwah! I wondered what the hell the San Jose Sharks had to do with kitty litter :hysterical:

Thanks for the helpful hint, Heloise, but no thanks. I kinda like to use my toilet myself and that would just not be condusive to me & Oliver sharing facilities. :smack:

Yes, I am much better today, thanks ldyj! Although it use to take a mere day or two to spring back from one these episodes and now it has taken me several days. It's HELL getting old. :cryingwlaughter:

I even managed to change the litter box and what does the little darling do immediately?

Yea, I think you can guess. Figures. Darn cat :smack:

I even managed to change the litter box and what does the little darling do immediately?

Yea, I think you can guess. Figures. Darn cat :smack:

My cat and my aunt's cat does that too. It's like they know it's clean so they have to mess it up!

The sun is shining! The sun is shining! So much easier getting out of bed when it is bright and sunny!

69 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

It is 6 degrees Celsius here and still freaking raining. The parking lot behind my office is a lake. This up and down weather is so frustrating. One day summer and air conditioning, the next I have the furnace back on it's so damned cold. I'd settle for a happy medium.

So my brother just emailed me from Taiwan to tell me not to come in October because he plans to be in Canada. How do I tell him that it's not really him I want to visit with? It's my SIL and niece. tongue.gif We were so close to booking our flights yesterday, but we were waiting on his input first.....

Just read an article in Rolling Stone yesterday -- Paul McCartney's next album is going to be an album of standards. As he said, "his father's music." Wonder if the McCartney fans will be going crazy? As a Paul fan, I'm not going crazy, I think it should be fun. And, I appreciate Clay's TnT music like no one's business!

Ooooooh, I hadn't read that yet. I have not been keeping up with Macca lately, my bad. This sounds very interesting! Me likey!

:04: Survivor :yahoo:

ha ha. I just new Rob couldn't win. I was thrilled. I read the "spoilers" weeks ago which didn't even have him in the final 3 so I was doubly happy that they were wrong. But I knew he had won as soon as I heard the arguments to the jury were I did everything Rob told me and Rob planned everything and I executed it. LOL. I so felt he deserved allstars win over Amber but the bitter jury just wouldn't allow it. Now I will just kick back and wait for his new show on the History channel.

Happy monday every one.