#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Ooooh, I like luckiest1's question! I think that if I win a mythical M&G (in my dreams, I'm afraid), I'll have him sign either my People magazine from last September (that centerfold... :hubbahubba::hubbahubba: ), or I'll find a cool picture from my collection and having him sign that.

I have another question, though. As I said earlier, my concerts are in just over two weeks. Both of my concerts are of the indoor variety. What does everyone think the "dress code" will be? I'm thinking a nice skirt/sweater set for one of my shows, and a nice pants outfit for my other one.

The idea that anyone ever heard this mythical shelved album is ridiculous. Unless they are in Clay's inner circle, how would they? If it even existed in a finished album form, which is doubtful, it was never pressed. It was never available for anyone to hear. I am sure if it existed there are discs that were given to Clive to hear and maybe one for Clay and Jaymes. That would be it.

Ooooo!!! Wait!!! I know!! I know!! I bet the cleaning person for Clive's office probably found it in the trash and that's who posted that they heard it! Just wait! Ebay gold, baby! :RedGuy:

I have said this before and I'll say it again. The one time I remember Clay talking about the music recorded for the new album (I think this was in the N&O article of late October or early November 2005) I didn't think he sounded that enthused or excited. All he said was they had recorded enough for 3 or 4 albums and he didn't anticipate going back into the studio again unless it was to record Mongolian Polkas. I interpreted that to mean he had recorded a bunch of songs - including covers. He almost sounded weary of recording, hence the Mongolian Polka remark. Oh, and he mentioned possibly doing a love song themed album. I never got a sense of excitement from the article. It just seemed a matter of fact statement.

In retrospect, I wonder if he recorded that much material (seems like an awful lot to record for one album...) trying to find 12 songs or so he really liked. Maybe they kept trying new material and not finding something they could really get passionate about. Maybe he just had a really hard time finding material he enjoyed singing. Maybe most of the songs he recorded were generic pop fluff and he wanted something more. Who knows. But to assume it was a kick-ass rock album that Clay loved and adored is a stretch, IMO.

And frankly, since 2005, I think Clay has moved past whatever he recorded that year (something I wish so many of his fans could do!). I think he's moved past it artistically. No matter what you may think of ATDW, he has said repeatedly that he and Jaymes were given the chance to do the songs as they wanted. I was listening to the OFC interview over the weekend and when he talked about the album he talked about how it was more him than MOAM, that how neat it was to hear a song like BW and know it was done the way it was because of an idea of his. There was pride in his voice. He has a real hand in its creation and I think that excited him.

I think for the next album, he wants to continue that artistic growth. He said he would have more creative input in the next album. I think he learned so much while recording ATDW and he wants to put that new found knowledge to good use. I doubt he wants to move backwards when he has the chance to move forward.

But then again, I haven't heard the "missing album" since couchie was selfish and didn't choose to share! ;)

I am already bored with the KC saga.

AMEN SISTAH!!! This is the most publicity the girl has had since she won Idol..and it seems they are milking it for all it's worth. While the publicity isn't the best story for her, it's got her name out there and they might sell some CD's on the back of it. Generally, her pseudo battle with Clive, coupled with the current spin of making her out to be a "victim" of big bad powerful forces beyond her control has become SOOOO B-O-R-I-N-G. Best thing she could do for herself is to STFU right now since all her statements seem to contrdict each other. But her fans will rally 'round her and buy all those extra CDs just to "show 'em" what a true artist she is. ****YAWN****

Am almost sorry that Clay commented on her CD in the ELLE article, because I think it is best he not become involved in any of it. I'd rather hear about getting producers for HIS CD, and hope he keeps blogging to us to keep us informed as much as possible so that all the stooopid speculation that happened last time doesn't have a chance to come back.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUCHIE!!!!!

Thank you for this place. :clap:

Edited by clayzedover

I'll do you one better Artquest and say I don't much go anywhere around the net anymore. I do think the Kelly stuff has dragged some old bones out of the closet and I'm always going to have some fun with those skeletons. Hopefully most folks have moved on since there is so much new stuff to be excited about. And maybe even the Kelly stuff brings new perspective. Especially the it's so personal thing. Not it's all about the benjamins.

I do think much of Clay's story has been written by fans and become fact. who knows, Maybe they are all right. I was chatting with someone who told me how devastated Clay was when he found out he had to do covers album; they even explained his outpouring of grief to me he was so heart broken. And this all came from "people in the know" whatever that means but she believed it. I can only imagine if something I worked so hard for was given back to me with a no thank you. So yeah I can imagine that. . My question to her is that even if they are right and that moment of grief was captured to be replayed for a chosen few, what next? How did he respond the next day and the next day and a week later and as he became more involved in his project. Life moves on and you simply can not color everything that follows by a moment in time.

I'm definitely in the here an now. Looking foward to the tour. Looking forward to the skating thingie. Looking forward to Xmas tour. I think I can almost actually start planning the detail of the summer tour. It seemed so far away for so long!

Birthday going great. Got a nice pretty plant to kill for my office..and someone at work has heard me going on and on about wanting to take a Chinese cooking class so she gave me a wonderful cookbook..and I'm invited to lunch. Turning 45 ain't so bad at all.

ETA: while I would love to break into RCA vault to hear the album, or perhaps he could sing some of the songs this summer I really hope new album is all new stuff. I think he learned a lot working on ATDW. I did read on TWoP this morning and some were thinking they'd just give better production to whatever Clay did last time. For some reason I don't think production was the problem at all. Every album since MoaM has had improved production values. It's nice to know all these songs exist somewhere and someday we might hear them. Look how that TITN video just popped up out of nowhere. Stuff happens!

Lord, I'm pitiful. I am trying to put together a spreadsheet of where I'm going, how I'm gonna get there, whom I'm going with and who I owe. It would be scary except I clearly lost my mind a while ago.

Couchie, 45 ain't bad...it's the 46th where crap starts falling apart!

As for Clay's new album, I'm fine with whatever shows up.

By the way, I want to mock one merrieeee, as a couple of months ago she SWORE that she wasn't going to another concert. No matter what I said.

HA!

:poze: :bday2: thhappybday.gifCOUCHIE!!! confetti2.gif

Have a great day, but remember to stay away from the Evil theevildewars.jpg

My editorial penny and a half: Talk on the boards about the phantom lost album, and Nashville songwriters, and demands that LAA be performed on the DCAT or fans will riot ... unh, unh ... thinking about giving ultimatums even in jest, beating dead horses and banging heads on walls could very well piss me off, and right now I'm not interested in being pissed off, I'm all about thtreeswing.gif

Well, I am still waiting for someone to connect the blue haze over the couch, instead of the red stain underneath, with the mysterious phone call - Seem to me that it could be explained that way.

Please note, I have not gone into detail so the informationis still sooooper sekret!

Gee, Couchie, you did not have to get into a conversation about the story - Clay crying to Raliegh, who was the only one who would understand was a mainstay of two blogs which had links all over the boards. It actually stopped me from reading blogs because of the heavy handed way they were being used to influence people.

I would really be shocked if the source ws the same for the leaked album rumor because there is just no way.

AndI have started reading a few blogs again Waivves to Carolina Clay. The worth of a tool is how you use it,

Well, I am still waiting for someone to connect the blue haze over the couch, instead of the red stain underneath ...
Hmmmm, I think that this may be a psychedelic blob in honor of the 40th anniversary of the Monterey Pop Festival! It can't be a Purple Haze because it's too green ... so maybe it's Aqua Haze!

Ooooh, I like luckiest1's question! I think that if I win a mythical M&G (in my dreams, I'm afraid), I'll have him sign either my People magazine from last September (that centerfold... :hubbahubba::hubbahubba: ), or I'll find a cool picture from my collection and having him sign that.

Oooooh, I hadn't thought of the People centrefold...good idea! So many possiblities....I've read about people getting their iPods signed, but mine is such a dinosaur, I will have to replace it soon. So not much point.

I have another question, though. As I said earlier, my concerts are in just over two weeks. Both of my concerts are of the indoor variety. What does everyone think the "dress code" will be? I'm thinking a nice skirt/sweater set for one of my shows, and a nice pants outfit for my other one.

I think you are right for indoors - probably a bit dressy, a nice pants/blouse even (since I don't do skirts). But for the outdoor ones, I'd say anything goes (depending on temperature). Heck, if any of them are as hot and humid as Cary was last time, I'll just be wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I have some of each (indoors/outdoors) so my suitcase will be interesting. ;)

Edited by luckiest1

The worth of a tool is how you use it.
I will not smut. I will not smut. I will not smut.

:bolt:

Aw c'mon. You know you want to. It really doesn't hurt. *g*

Oooooh, I hadn't thought of the People centrefold...good idea!

luckiest1, you spelled centerfold wrong.

*runs and hides from all the Canadian fans on this board*

:bolt:

Man, I need for it to be July sooooooo badly.

I blame the blue haze over the couch on these dudes: :em0200: <= Clive and :smokelots: <= Simon. I also think they have something to do with global warming and rising gas prices, but I can't prove it. Yet.

Geez, if I have to come up with an explanation for every detail of the clipart I post, maybe I need to rethink the graphics I have picked out for tomorrow's birthday girl. Hee. I just right-click-and-save, I don't design 'em! ;)

Ummm... a DCAT t-shirt?mooning.gif

As for luckiest's question about what to get signed. *warning - people's whose head's explode at the thought of fanfic, turn awayyyyyyyy* When I was lucky enough to win one at Clio, I was soooo torn over what to have signed. My BFF convinced me to print out a copy of my story and have him sign it. So.. after much angsting, that's what I did! Today, I'd probably get him to sign my back. Yeah, I know it'd wash off eventually, but I have an autograph (and an autographed LTS), and just the THOUGHT of him signing meeeeeeee.... *phew* is it hot in herrre?

With Muski around, I don't need to smut. Besides, she does it so much better than I.

:em0200: <= Clive

Jeeze, that's really creepy. It looks just like him except for looking alive instead of long dead. Now if the emoticon had kinda lizardy features and a greyish tinge, the resemblence would be perfect.

This is for artquest, whom I think popularized the phrase in connection with Clayfans:

FBI to Fight Zombie Hordes

OK, so it's about spambots, not Clay Aiken, but still...you gotta admit the headline is funny.

Ooooh...heh. Think Clay would want any of our designs, if I presented one to him at my supposed M&G????

Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered mine -- front and back design on a white v-necked shirt.

Today, I'd probably get him to sign my back. Yeah, I know it'd wash off eventually, but I have an autograph (and an autographed LTS), and just the THOUGHT of him signing meeeeeeee.... *phew* is it hot in herrre?

After the Virgin Record Store and the two fans that appeared on Kimmel, I'm going to guess that you'd not be the only one to suggest that. *g*

Good God, Clayzorback! Dr. Pepper went up my nose on that last one - I almost strangled!!!! You girls surely have the most delightful ways of getting things back on track around here!

ldyjocelyn ... what AI2 special is that?

Edited by keepingfaith

Hmm, what to get signed????

It would have to be something unique? oo bad I don't have the candles from giant. WHat do I have that no one else has?

I have the Clay Aiken sleep shirt from JNT04

I have the handouts from JNT04

OOOOOH, I have the playbill from Broadway cares.

I will have the playbill from Idol the musical

The Lime magazine I ordered? Should be here in a few more days (weeks) he woman doing it got injured and there was a delay in the shipment from malysia.

MY JBT bucket hat?

My AI2 tour program?

Good God, Clayzorback! Dr. Pepper went up my nose on that last one - I almost strangled!!!! You girls surely have the most delightful ways of getting things back on track around here!

Yep, if I do say so myself. Our priorities are pretty darn straight.

I'm talking about the AI2 Tour special, which originally aired on New Year's Day, 2004. Here's a link to download from Clack Unlimited. You can get just the Clay parts, or you can download the entire episode. The segment I'm talking about is the Chicago concert debacle -- which caused Pissy!Diva!Clay!, and showed him to the world. I still laugh about that clip. God, I think I need to watch it again....

:cryingwlaughter: Right Click Save As......Add that to your new Waldo folder. Back to work for me. I cleaned the kitchen today. Cleaned out some flower beds and had hubby transplant some bushes for me. Now I need to start gathering and pricing for a garage sale Saturday, if it doesn't rain. Then I need to watch the next 4 episodes of Kingdom Hospital. I love Stephen King but I can see why this TV series didn't last long.

I just want my picture taken with Clay. I would be happy with that.

Well, he could throw in a wink and a hug too, or a little one of these. smallav.jpg

He could sign Clay on my right boob and Aiken on my left. :eusa_whistle:

I have the Singapore CD set of MOAM. I would probably have him sign that or any of my cds or my 1st edition LTS book...........

Edited by Clayzorback