#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Im sure glad you listened, too, Couchie. I lurked around the edges of boardom for a long time, and this place came along just as I was ready to take the posting plunge. I know it was pretty quiet for a long time, but I'm pleased with how the board has evolved and drawn in posters from different corners of the Clay Nation.

:fca: :garfieldodie-grouphug:

WORD! I swear this board saved my online fandom! I remember when I first came here muski had told me it was a good place to just drop off a comment and go. Seems by my post count I've dropped off more than my share of comments and never left! :lol:

And thank goodness you added more than 2 emotions. Personally, I wish you allowed more than 10!

Although the example cindilu2 mentioned really, really scares me......

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :allgood: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Haaaappppy Birthday to Ansa! Have a great day and a great year.

I've been buying clothes for this concert since May.

May, 2006.

So I have lots of options I haven't figured out yet. I tend to overdress, so who knows what'll actually show up in my suitcase.

Lookie! Lookie!!

joneshall1.jpg

joneshall2.jpg

:Tour3:

OMG, that's so cool! :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

As for the emoticons and images, I'm personally glad we can post images more that emoticons. Emoticons are fun, and very useful. But seriously -- those images above are fanfreakin'tastic, and it's great to see them without having to click on a link. (For those who have images turned off because of work issues -- shoot, that's way too bad, but I understand....)

I'm glad I've been in on this message board from the beginning, although at first it was a nice little side project -- a good place to meet up with other fans from across the boards. Now however...it's home. A lot of good people here, and I'm happy to be part of it.

I'd still like to know how Claygasm got a higher post count than me, though -- considering I've been a member a lot longer! Whoops, and there's muski right on my tail! Sheesh, you post-hos.

As for the emoticons and images, I'm personally glad we can post images more that emoticons. Emoticons are fun, and very useful. But seriously -- those images above are fanfreakin'tastic, and it's great to see them without having to click on a link. (For those who have images turned off because of work issues -- shoot, that's way too bad, but I understand....)

Hee, I am always amazed when I go home and check the board, if I scroll back to posts I've already read, how different they are with the images turned on!

However, sometimes I cheat. Like just now, when I had to see what cindilu2 was thudding over. ;) Man, how I wish for the day that something like that happens in my neck of the woods....

Happy Birthday ANSA! :04: :balloons:

Hi Caro! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

How does one change the color of letters here? Usually I highlight, then click on the color function and choose a color. But when I try to click on the A to change color, nothing happens.

Is it done differently on this board?

:TourExcite: I'm going to the third concert (Tulsa) and originally planned to stay unspoiled so there would be some surprises. I'd prefer not to know all his banter/jokes ahead of time.

But...there's always a big but (tm PeeWee)...I'm going to the party in Tulsa and have a feeling that there will be discussion there about Frisco and Houston.

So I'm wondering if trying to stay unspoiled is an exercise in futility.

Also.....I don't think I have the willpower to not listen to at least the Frisco concert.

That Clay Aiken...he's like a drug! Must have!

What's everyone else going to do?

ETA: YOWZA! That yooge banner on Jones Hall is spectacular!

Edited by Maddy

OMG It's really real!!!! Houston we no longer have a problem!

The Aiken is coming.....The Aiken is coming......The Aiken is coming!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

th_bdayparty6qy.gifAnsa!

How does one change the color of letters here? Usually I highlight, then click on the color function and choose a color. But when I try to click on the A to change color, nothing happens.

Maddy, it's a little different. You click on the "A" and scroll up to view the same color choices of other Invision boards. I think Cindy discovered it about a week or so ago. :clap:

Hey, thnx for the awesome Houton pix! I'm trying to figure a place to add one or both to my blog, which is already loaded with tour art. :cryingwlaughter:

Go, Tar Heels!!! Carolina is currently playing Louisville in the College World Series. :nanas:

Have a great day, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Does anybody else tend to picture Clay wearing his pj bottoms without any boxers, or am I the only naughty one here? Muski?

Totally, I USED to picture Clay wearing his pj bottoms sans Waldo-holders, but no more---not since KLo told that pantsing story that revealed how he always wears basketball shorts under the freakin' pjs. :crying1: However, that was long ago and far away---pre-WDC and other revelations so who knows now just how often he goes commando under there.

thud. :hubbahubba:

Ok...so I think I was able to allay my big boss's fears about the horrors that might happen in my absence July 5 and 6....I'm still gonna fry in Frisco! :TourExcite:

What will I WEAR in Texas? Well, you see I'll be packing for both the two concerts AND a week in Miami Beach for the conference, so hopefully somewhere amid the crap in the suitcase there'll be something I can put on for a soccer stadium and Jones Hall...

Hey! That marquee at Jones Hall is abso-fuckin-lutely breathtaking! Gah and GAH! :hubbahubba: When I saw the words "Summer in the City" I thought of Lovin' SPoonful's song from way back--

Hot damn! Summer in the city. Back of my neck's getting dirty and gritty...

And who WOULDN'T want to get dirty and gritty with Clay on a hot summer night? :DoClay: (thud again---we need a thud emoticon, y'all!)

Back to work for me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, wait! How many of you guys will have DCAT shirts????

Happy Birthday ANSA! :04: :balloons:

Hi Caro! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee we just figured out how to do this recently...the problem is the pop up palette that comes out is not readily visible...so next time after clicking on the A...scroll up till you see the banner...and you will find the color palette. You just click on the color you want.

Ok...so I think I was able to allay my big boss's fears about the horrors that might happen in my absence July 5 and 6....I'm still gonna fry in Frisco! :TourExcite:

YAY!!!!!!!!! i knew you could do it! :Tour3:

Oh, wait! How many of you guys will have DCAT shirts????

I'm ordering one - haven't yet, though, so who knows if it will get to me in time. But I wouldn't wear it to the concert in Frisco because frankly I think a t-shirt would be too hot. I don't do well in heat so I am going to try and find something a bit cooler.

And I'm bringing ponchos just in case..... Been there done that too....

Mmmmm...man, today has been LONG! I do believe I will wander by Jones Hall to admire a certain banner as well.

Keep in mind, as far as I'm concerned, you can never overdress for an occasion. I am going to try and avoid the black velvet though.

Claygasm, overplanning is bad for the complexion. At some point, I may have you (and me) running madly from point A to B - but you'll have fun! Ask merrieeee! The eHP shall pretend to finalize lots of our travel plans this weekend. I think. I'm trying to work a minor surgery around my concert schedule. I have my priorities.

That marquee at Jones Hall is abso-fuckin-lutely breathtaking! Gah and GAH!

I couldn't of said it better myself. Makes every damn bit of the time and money I've spent, to help him get there, worth it. Seeing his name up in lights. I could just cry like a proud momma. 'cepting he's so beautiful :DoClay: not feel like his momma.

19 more days until Tulsa...................So much to do, so little time. I need to take my clothes to the dry cleaners. I have to take a gift back to the mall and exchange for a duplicate or something else of equal value. I'm having my garage sale this Saturday, if it doesn't rain. Perhaps I will have it in the actual garage if it does rain. I HATE HAVING YARD SALES! TOO MUCH WORK! Too small of a return for your invested time. I spent all morning gathering up my stuff and taking to the garage. I have it all priced now. I have errands to run and stuff to gather up. Gas up the car, get in touch with my riders to make sure they are still riding over with me. Order my DCAT 2007 T-shirt. Get to the bank. I am starting to feel stressed. Oh and don't forget to give myself a fresh new manicure and pedicure. Get two sets of batteries charged up for the camera. Tape the flash. Pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet. Did I mention I need to pray for a meet and greet? LOL

I love emoticons and think they tell so much about a poster and their personality. I think it is so hard to Hear & SEE tone and intentions in the written word. Emoticons help me tremendously. I love being able to post pictures without links. I will be happy to donate to this board's bandwith usuage, or whatever, so we can always be able to post our stuff. Just tell me where to send the money. Playbiller you remind me of my friend rubymoon from the old Rebels board. She had an enormous stash of some of the best emoticons. Some were outrageous as well as funny. I always enjoy seeing you post yours.

I can not believe this message board has been here since 2003 and I didn't hear about it until just recently. Of course I am not one to go to lots of other boards and read everywhere. I lead a sheltered life when it comes to that. Hee I always used the locater here, but never noticed the message board part.

Clay should always go commando. ALWAYS................... :eusa_whistle:

Edited by Clayzorback

The overly stressed Clayzorback :medium-smiley-070: wrote:

I can not believe this message board has been here since 2003 and I didn't hear about it until just recently. Of course I am not one to go to lots of other boards and read everywhere. I lead a sheltered life when it comes to that. Hee I always used the locater here, but never noticed the message board part.

Actually, that's not quite true. FCA proper has been around since 2003, but you'll have to ask couchie for that history. The message board came into existence on July 10-15, 2005 -- just in time for the JBT. The first thread ever is located here.

What I find interesting, and quite grand actually, is that it originally took the FCA members ALMOST 8 MONTHS to burn through the first thread. 8 freakin' months. Second thread? 6 months. And it's been going down quickly, ever since. I think we're at about a month down between threads. I think that's great.

Just an FYI about the timing on the Cafe Press t-shirts and whatnot - I ordered a DCAT t-shirt and a messenger bag on Sunday night, and I had an e-mail this morning that my order had shipped, so it looks like a quick turnaround.

I have errands to run and stuff to gather up. Gas up the car, get in touch with my riders to make sure they are still riding over with me. Order my DCAT 2007 T-shirt. Get to the bank. I am starting to feel stressed. Oh and don't forget to give myself a fresh new manicure and pedicure. Get two sets of batteries charged up for the camera. Tape the flash. Pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet. Did I mention I need to pray for a meet and greet? LOL

Hee, this is me, too, 'cept I have a month left. :lmaosmiley-1:

Clayzor...its the FCA website that has been around since 2003 in some form or another. This is the third version I believe. Couchie started it ...I only joined her early 2005 when she allowed me to re-design her site. Then the pin craze started and Couchie wanted to join in...we designed our first pin...and sold quite a bit of them. Thats when I suggested we open a message board. At the time the OFC MB opened and we noticed that there was so much fighting and unpleasantness going on. So I suggested starting a new board that is open to everyone and is dedicated to having fun. Couchie agreed and we opened the FCA board on July 2005...so we are only approaching our 2nd anniversary.

Just for accuracy's (and due credit) sake, t'was ldyjocelyn who discovered how to colourize stuff around here. I just asked the question! tease.gif

Some of my favourite smiley's...

flirtysmile3.gif

hangin.gif

flashboobs.gif (heheh)

poke.gif

And of course the one that started it all...

Thud.gif

The overly stressed Clayzorback :medium-smiley-070: wrote:

Actually, that's not quite true. FCA proper has been around since 2003, but you'll have to ask couchie for that history. The message board came into existence on July 10-15, 2005 -- just in time for the JBT. The first thread ever is located here.

What I find interesting, and quite grand actually, is that it originally took the FCA members ALMOST 8 MONTHS to burn through the first thread. 8 freakin' months. Second thread? 6 months. And it's been going down quickly, ever since. I think we're at about a month down between threads. I think that's great.

Interesting. This message board opened on my birthday - July 10th!

Must be fate. :D

ETA: We really must get a "thud" smiley over here!

Edited by Claygasm

Thanks for the history lesson girls. Ahhh Yes! The old fighting on OFC. I remember having myself firmly planted in the fighting car over there. :cryingwlaughter: I was trying to get Essay to STFU about The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and Fran Skinner. Accusations she was making about Clay's charity. It wasn't doing this, and wasn't sending out that. Yadda yadda yadda. Causing it to make the news pissed me off big time and I sure made no bones about it. What can I say? :imgtongue: Like I said before, some fans don't deserve any respect.

Cindi is in charge of emoticons now, isn't she? I can bring a couple of thud emoticons over if some one will add them because I really need a thud emoticon too.

ETA: Here is my favorite thud..... thudpile.gif

This one is cute too..... gurney.gif

Perhaps this one...... smiliethud2.gif

Edited by Clayzorback