#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Did you kill that couch? Why is there a HUGE puddle of blood under it? Couchie! Couchie! Where are you! I've seen CSI, that's a CLUE!

I've been reading and running this weekend, but will be commenting on lots of stuff later.

I think I've only dreamt of Clay once -- he was playing my town, near the waterfront. It was JBT time, because I remember the jukebox on the stage. BUT -- floodwaters were overtaking the stage. And yet, Clay was playing! Am I trying to cure him of his water phobia or what?

But, get this -- my husband dreams of Clay every so often!!! *sigh*

I've only had three dreams with Clay actually in them. They all had some connection to teaching. In one we were helping gather books/papers for some fund raising thing in the lobby of a school. He was wearing a t-shirt that had the dictionary definition of the word 'fanfic' written out across his chest. In another we were walking side by side down a dirt road talking about kids. He was wearing the bondage pants and blue jacket from the IT tour. He was also wearing a chastity belt. (even in my dreams he knows us so well) :lmaosmiley-1:

Couch Tomato... :RedGuy: :fest09: :00003653:

Wishing you the very best, and a blog on your birthday!

ETA...KAndre...*bwahhh*

Edited by laughn

Finally home after driving about 500 km this weekend. I spent some quality time with my cousin - girls night out - and then yesterday we drove down to my Mom's and took her to the cemetery to visit my Dad's and Grandfather's graves. Late last night I remember to call and wish my BirthMother's husband a Happy Father's Day. So I think I covered all the bases. :lol:

You know I read somewhere that 'between soft rock and a hard place' was secret code that he'd like to be a rock star but can't because Clive mandated covers and Clay's stuck with them for this tour. Alrighty. My interpretation is that he meant what he said--he's going to put a little rock into it (a large little rock of course, cause Clay's rock is large). It won't be boring, that's for sure. I love to see Clay breaking down every possible stereotype.

Hee, this CMSU, and so does the fact that some people are now claiming to have heard the "lost" album. Glad I don't frequent those boards anymore.

Speaking of Clay dreams, I have them often. This weekend, I dreamt I was at some kind of a large back-yard party, and Clay was singing an upbeat, old 50's cover song. Can't remember which one it was but it was one that John Lennon covered on his Rock and Roll album. Anyways I woke up with a grin on my face!

The concerts are coming, the concerts are coming!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

:00003653: to Miss :RedGuy: Hope you have a fantastic day!

I love it. Don't you love it? (I'm sure it isn't the case at the moment that he has an orchestra, mind you; it's just that no local orchestra from that venue has been signed up yet, or the venue committed an act of omission, or whatever. But someday? Hmmmmm.)

That billboard made me :lmaosmiley-1: But it still looks pretty darn cool. Wonder if some really demented fan will try to steal that thing? Or will at least ask the advertising company to have that after the show is over?

Yeah I think there's been a lot of sentiment that this would be a boring concert or lots of wistful longing for pop concerts of old. I just don't think Clay Aiken does boring. I'm glad he reassured those that needed it.

You know, it simply floors me that people, some fans even, think that Clay Aiken does boring. I suppose I could imagine not liking something he's done (although that is very unlikely for me personally), but BORING? With that quick wit of his? Boring is the last thing on my mind when I'm watching or listening to Clay. He's the master of showmanship!

So. Ocean's 13....uh...it was what it is....a pleasant enough way to pass some time muching on popcorn and looking at FIIIIIIne men---I'm telling you that George Clooney has some of the most GAH-worthy eyes I've ever seen. I remember an older movie with Jennifer Lopez "Out of Sight"...they were sitting in a bar, candlelight, sipping on a drink...looking at each other and I could.not.breathe. looking at his darkest of brown eyes between lush, long lashes...

gah.

Brad's okay, but George....

gah.

When I first saw George Clooney on ER, I hated him. Thought he was a stuck-up pompous ass, and was very glad he left the show. Also didn't think he was that hot back then. Now, though -- oh yeah, baby. I love his self-deprecating sense of humor, his passion for charity work, and my God, he's aged incredibly well. I've been thinking of seeing this movie for him and Matt Damon. Brad Pitt? Piffle.

So now people have claimed to have heard the missing album? Must be the same person who saw the really hot video or the good reviews

Oh puhleez. I guess some people are truly never satisfied with what they have, and always need to be thinking of what could have been. I have to admit I'd love to hear that album someday (couchie, I'm working on that plot to break into RCA's vault), but c'mon -- I'm perfectly happy with ATDW. I love this album. He did a fantastic job of creating something that I believe reflects him.

And WTF is the point of bringing this "missing album" up now, right before :TourExcite: Oh yeah, I guess people like to kill buzz, don't they? :angry22:

Did you kill that couch? Why is there a HUGE puddle of blood under it? Couchie! Couchie! Where are you! I've seen CSI, that's a CLUE!

:cryingwlaughter:

Naw, it's just the remains of a pitcher of bloody marys somebody knocked during the wild partying that went on over the weekend while you were gone.

:RedGuy::drink: :trink3: :all_coholic: :bier: :juul::voll::RedGuy:

Naw, it's just the remains of a pitcher of bloody marys somebody knocked during the wild partying that went on over the weekend while you were gone.

Yes, but don't you have to kill a few tomatoes to make Bloody Marys?

I AM sooo Tired..started walking last week...then this weekend we had a grad party for the girls ...then last night took some really strong but good coffee after supper and so I couldn't sleep....had a long chat with my girls and this morning did after party cleaning...I AM DONE!!!

ok...good news... am totally alone this morning. Kids are gone...my eldest went to their year end trip with hubby as parent chaperone, will be gone till wednesday. So its just me and the pets until daughters 2 and 3 comes home from school, time for laundry and just chilling.

AHHHHHH

so whats up???

KAndre...BWAH

The mythical...OTHER CD...I really wouldn't be surprised if we will hear some of it in the next CD...TRD PUHLEEZE.

:lilredani: well we do have endless supply of the tomatoes... :lilredani:

we have to rename it...bloody couchie...hee

Party.gif

I wanted to get :RedGuy: something special for her birthday, but I had a little trouble with the wrapping. Sowwy! nekid.gif So instead, I'll send you wishes for whendovescry2.gif

Hope it is a fabulous one! cheers.gif

Naw, they were free-range tomatoes that lived good, long, 100% organic lives and expired of natural causes before donating their plump, ripe bodies to be juiced...

:allgood::lilredani::allgood:

Hee, Happy Birthday couchie. You share a birthday with Paul McCartney, who turns 65 today!!!

I remember what Clay was singing in my dream. It was Do You Wanna Dance. :me0:

EEEEEEE! I just realized that my first concert (Syracuse) is exactly one month from today! :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

First and foremost....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUCHIE!!!!!!!

:00003653: :04: :Pogo0: :fest30: :bday2:

Hope you have a wonderful day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So now people have claimed to have heard the missing album? Must be the same person who saw the really hot video or the good reviews

You're kidding??? And where, pray tell, did they hear this "missing album"???? Was it when they were beamed up into that nice, shiny silver spaceship????

For that matter, do we even know there was a finished, put together "missing album"? Isn't it more likely Clay and Jaymes presented Clive with a bunch of songs they had recorded than a finalized album? Does anyone bring a finalized album to their first meeting with the head of their label?

And I suppose this "missing album" was filled with rock songs, right? Something that would give the likes of DAUGHTRY!!!!! a run for his money no doubt!

Geez! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!

Naw, they were free-range tomatoes that lived good, long, 100% organic lives and expired of natural causes before donating their plump, ripe bodies to be juiced...

:allgood::lilredani::allgood:

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Claygasm wrote:

For that matter, do we even know there was a finished, put together "missing album"? Isn't it more likely Clay and Jaymes presented Clive with a bunch of songs they had recorded than a finalized album? Does anyone bring a finalized album to their first meeting with the head of their label?

Want to hear the latest theory about the mythical album? That since Clay has now said several times in his blogs that he's looking for a producer (no mention of new songs or anything else like that), maybe he'll be rerecording several songs with just one producer. This means eventually that the fans will get to hear those Nashville songs, as well as the new songs he sang during the JBT.

Could this theory be possible? I suppose, but I do think it's a stretch that because he's talked about needing a producer that this is all that's needed. (I suppose too that if they do find that special producer, this person would be able to work their magic and we'd have new music from Clay by the end of this year. :scream: )

I think what frustrates me is exactly as Claygasm said -- let it go. I cannot pin my hopes and dreams for Clay Aiken on something that he MIGHT have done a few years ago. I would totally prefer to let CLAY control the way things are going with his career. (Remember that "Clay" being the last word in Team Clay thing I mentioned a few days ago? Still believin' it....) Does this mean I wouldn't be happier than a clam if I do get to hear these songs recorded? Heck no -- but that's only because I love to hear new music from Clay Aiken, period.

Oh. I'm all verklempt. (shout out to Diva...) It's couchie's birthday.... Hey, woman! How 'bout for your birthday I get you a one-week pass to the Jazzercize class I'm going to this week? You game? B) Mon. Tues. Wed. 6:30-7:30 pm...Thursday off, Fri. 5:30-6 pm Express class---what do you say? (I'm serious, by the way.)...It'll be fun...the woman who teaches the Mon-Wed. class is hysterical...

Let me know, okay?

In the meantime,

:00003653: :bday2: :large-smiley-003: :big hug:

to you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

before I run out for work..a little birthday gift for all of you!!

HOLLA

scroll to the end.

Couchie, now that is some funny shit!!!!

Happy birthday, hope you have the best birthday ever, how could you not after that call from Clay. Yay, FCA has it's very own "insider"

OK< everyone is talking about the red blot under the couch - big deal, I am curious about the blue haze hanging over the couch - just what was going on on this birthday couch? Hmmmm?

SInce I brought over that comment about someone hearing the album, I have to sa it was at TWOP where someone was defending Clay for "backing down" - like anyone really knows what went on - instead of having apublic fight like Kelly.They were addressing the fact that someone that heard it said it was very good. I have no source, I do not know the persons real name since they are a channnel surfer. I can guess, but it would not be right to do that.

The thing is Kelly and Clay are different artists and probably have very different situations with their label and the people who run it. The situations are not comparable and I am already bored with the KC saga. I just want to pack my bags and head out to that plane !!Frisco here I come!!!! Disclaimer: here I come does not represnt anyone one else on this board and will not happen in the immediate future. The number of people that this can apply to is limited to those who are traveling from outside and are actually attending the fair at Frisco and staying forthe concert.

Goodness knows I'm not everywhere on the 'Net, but the only place I'm seeing much talk about people hearing the missing album is right here. Some friends and I made up a game last summer, called "Clueless", that involved solving the mystery of the missing tracks. We had a layout of an imaginary Clay Mansion (Kitchen, Bedroom, Game Room), methods for stealing the tracks (iPod, wireless mike) and suspects (Kelly, Raleigh, Clive(!!!)) It was kinda fun to play until we heard about the covers CD. You can find the images HERE.

What's important to me now is that Clay's moving on with a new CD, that he might well have new songs already picked for it (RCA owns the old ones), and that he's gonna be singing to me in 17 days. Woooo Hooooo! Oh, and I get to hang out with the evil Houston Posse while he's doing it. It's tough to think of a better way to spend the summer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUCH TOMATO!!!

:RedGuy:

hee...I see a certain tomato has been pretty naughty...tsk tsk...

You want really really good advice....Let go and Move on!!!

Yup Kelly and Clay's situation is very different...It really is pissing me off that some people just post about this clay/clive disagreement like it is fact. When did clay say that they disagreed. I can see Clay feeling disappointed that all their work with the other cd was wasted...but he never said he disagreed with Clive's cover suggestion. HE SAID...he agreed and liked the idea. For the fans to continually push their own version of Clay;s reality is pretty disrespectful I say...its tantamount to them saying he is a liar.

I also think Kelly was fighting for something different because these are her songs. Kelly always talk about her writing songs...this is how she expresses herself. Its vital for here, so the fight here is more for her ability to speak out with her songs. As far as we know the two songs clay wrote were included in ATDW. the other CD were songs written by other people so it is probably easier for Clay to let go.Kelly also has more leverage than Clay. Her cd is sure to get lots of radio play and will sell pretty well because of breakaway...it won;t be easy for RCA to just shelve a high profile project such as this.

I am really looking forward to this concert tour. I think we will get a better feel for the upcoming CD ...sniff is it July yet??

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

eta: artquest thats pretty neat game...I wanna play... however, I don;t get around much, but I have seen references to what Play is talking about.

Claygasm wrote:

Want to hear the latest theory about the mythical album? That since Clay has now said several times in his blogs that he's looking for a producer (no mention of new songs or anything else like that), maybe he'll be rerecording several songs with just one producer. This means eventually that the fans will get to hear those Nashville songs, as well as the new songs he sang during the JBT.

Could this theory be possible? I suppose, but I do think it's a stretch that because he's talked about needing a producer that this is all that's needed. (I suppose too that if they do find that special producer, this person would be able to work their magic and we'd have new music from Clay by the end of this year. :scream: )

I just don't understand the need to constantly create new theories as to explain what happened with ATDW, or to try and find a possible way for the new album to be released this year. Maybe I'm just too laid back, but if there was anything more "we" needed to know about how ATDW went down, or what's going on with the new album, other than what Clay's already mentioned, he'd tell us. But apparently some people enjoy that sort of thing (speculation).

I for one am glad that he doesn't bring himself down to the level of what's going on with Kelly right now, and hash all his business out for the world to see. If there were disagreements over the way ATDW came to be, then he handled them with class and respect for those he works with. He's said he's looking for a producer for the new album, but it won't be done for a while yet. He said that he has a little bit more freedom with each album. That's good enough for me, since he seems quite happy with it. Heck, we've got a tour happening in just over 2 weeks time! I can hardly believe it's that close already. I have two more weeks of relaxing and peace and quiet (if such a thing is possible with kids and dogs) before my life becomes INSANE (in a v.v. good way). :TourExcite:

BTW, has anyone else started to think about what they might take along to have signed, if they should be lucky enough to win a meet and greet? Hee, I know my chances are slim, but I'm torn between a copy of Rolling Stone (just because I've always wanted mine signed), my ATDW framed mosaic (except then I'd have to de-frame it and figure out how to put it back together), or my program from the recent Raleigh BAF CFC gala. Of course, there are all those CDs I have lying around, and some gorgeous pictures.....does anyone care to share about what they have chosen to have signed in the past?

Edited by luckiest1

Happiest of Birthdays, Special Holla Girl!! :RedGuy:

birthdaybanner.gif

bdayparty2.gif

parissmileyff.gif

DivaDarling... Thank you so much for (somewhere) reminding me to watch the Monterey 40 this weekend on VH1. Good times. Of course, I didn't attend - I think 9 is a little too young to be hitting acid - heh! - but I remember it well as my older sister was totally pissed that she wasn't allowed to go. Twas the talk of the peninsula. You and I have talked about Winterland and hanging out in the Haight in the day, so it reminded me off all that. And, oh joy, I got to see Clive again. Hee!

rally.gif

Have a nice day, all.