#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Hi everyone.

What better day than today to pop my posting cherry on this board then today to wish Couch Tomato a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! She was one of the first people that I talked to online and she made me realize that the internet isn't made up of a bunch of crazies, she has been very kind to me.

I hope your having a great day.

Clay content I love the guy plain and simple.

*waves at mirimichi gal*

Totally OT: that Paul Potts guy, who sang opera for "Britain's Got Talent?" Saw on NBC Nightly News this evening that he won! (Sorry Ansa, he beat the 6-year-old girl...)

And he's going to buy a makeover with his win!

Meanwhile, back to wishing it was July....

I can't say how much that email to the Houston venue pisses me off. NOT for the info, but for the fact of it's existence. I wish fans could just let things happen instead of always having to ferret things out. Maybe Clay told us exactly what he wanted us to know in his blog? Maybe he'd like to, oh, unveil his show himself??? GRRR (JMO and YMMV and all that) And yes, I already griped about it on the CB. Clearly, the email is in answer to questions(I doubt they came up with 'up-tempo on their own).

I'm with you, cindilu2! I read it and said, so? It says almost exactly what Clay told us in the blog, but to ask the Houston Symphony if he'll be doing rock??? I think there are some who truly think they will hate this tour because its all going to be slow, boring ballads. Didn't the last Christmas tour teach them anything???? That was going to be boring Christmas songs with just a symphony and it turned into one of the most fun tours ever!

As someone here said alread, Clay is never boring! I cannot wait for this tour to start!

It's not often I get a chance to do this so twice in a couple of days is quite nice. For newbies who are going back and reading old threads or those looking for some scintillating conversation of old, you may notice that suddenly one of our threads is 239 pages. It seems that in the processing of archiving, one of our intrepid admins hit merge instead. Of course, us being all lax over here, we're just going to archive it as is... So Dec 06 through end of March is now one big gigantic thread. Happy hunting.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: LdyJ!! She knew she'd be outed :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!!! I love this place!

I got my mail today and there was a booklet type thing from the Mann and boyfriend's picture was right on the front, in between the London Royal Ballet and Celtic Woman!

He was the cutest! :D

Speaking of London, it occurred to me that he has recorded in London before. Wasn't "Touch" recorded in London? Is this a sign that he'll sing "Touch" this summer?? <delusional>

Hey Miramichi gal!!! so are you from the maritimes? I live only an hour away from Campbelton and lived in Halifax for 8 years. so I always passed through Miramichi.

hope you post some more...

Yeah I was born and raised on the Miramichi I only left to go to University in Fredericton. When I was growing up I always thought the first thing I would do is get the hell away from here but I fell in love and here I stay.

As far as posting I'm not a big poster anywhere I work all day and can't get online and then when I get home I have to sneak on when I can as hubby isn't near as fond of Clay or my obession as I am but you never know.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUCH TOMATO!!!!!

I just caught up on bunches of pages...count me in among the surprised ones scratching my head re some fans blogging about "knowing" Clay's exact thoughts and feelings, and someone somewhere posting they'd heard the mythical album that never was.

Huh?

I am def not in the need-to-know gang in this fandom!

Happily, that leaves me to excitedly anticipate the TOUR TOUR TOUR of the album that IS.

Yeah I was born and raised on the Miramichi I only left to go to University in Fredericton. When I was growing up I always thought the first thing I would do is get the hell away from here but I fell in love and here I stay.

As far as posting I'm not a big poster anywhere I work all day and can't get online and then when I get home I have to sneak on when I can as hubby isn't near as fond of Clay or my obession as I am but you never know.

well its great when you can drop by....I love the Miramichi area. My Uncle lived in Bathurst for 20 years. I remember going to Chatham for some estate auctions.

Oh what will I ask Clay to sign if I get an M&G I think I will get a screen cap of FCA website signed...hee.

I'm from Chatham but they have merged Chatham and Newcastle together along with the outlying areas and made it a city called it Miramichi how original eh, for those of you who don't know the area the Miramich river split the two towns hence the name of the city, I hope I haven't bored everyone. I live outside of town in the country now.

It really is beautiful here and I'm glad I never moved away I just wish it was closer to any area that Clay might someday tour near. I can always hope he comes to Moncton they had the Stones last year so if it is big enough for the Stones it is big enough for Clay, I have warned my husband that if Clay ever comes to Toronto or Montreal we are going so there is hope yet that I might someday see him live.

Welcome, miramachi gal! Funny though. When I see your board name, I think "mariachi gal" and have images of sombreros and guitars and mustached singers!

Hey, Nelle! You going to Frisco?

So, couchie...I went to Jazzercize tonight. Dang it! My favorite instructor is on vacation for two weeks! But I stayed and did the deed. Whoa. Been a long time...I bet I'll be so freakin' sore tomorrow! And can someone PUH LEEZE tell me WHY they have to make a complete wall out of mirrors?

runforthehills-1.gif

And I'm mortified about the email to the Houston Symphony. The gall! Seriously! Why would anyone feel entitled to do that? Why would they WANT to do that? Do other artists' fans do such things? The ENTITLEMENT of it is what makes my blood pressure explode---and I naturally have low blood pressure!

So I'm going to stop thinking about that and just say this: my boss told me today that HIS boss (the Executive Director) has a problem with me taking July 5 & 6 off. They're the last days before the week-long conference in Miami--and the Frisco and Houston concerts! :scream: ...I told my boss that I would create a detailed status report and project plan for the remainder of the time before the event and present it to the ED tomorrow at our staff meeting.

I want to make sure that my boss doesn't get in trouble---he goes to bat for me; he gives me lots of freedom because he believes in my competence. The E.D. is more of a control-freak type manager...so he doesn't like being hte one making all decisions.

As I told my boss, "I'll do whatever it takes to make YOU look good." Don't want anything to rock the boat here---I have it good.

I am SO excited about seeing Clay again... :DoClay: :Tour3: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Wheeeee!!!! Just had to say that....

I pulled up a map of Canada to look at some of the places y'all were talking about. I learned a couple of things. Ya'll aren't as far away as I thought as the crow flies--but the geography looks somewhat isolating. In my mind Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are like practically at the north pole. But OMG if you keep hitting that North arrow Canada just goes on and on and on and on and on til dizziness and disorientation begin to set in. There's a whole lot of northern Canada. I lurve listening to y'all talk Canada. :RedGuy:

I can't say how much that email to the Houston venue pisses me off. NOT for the info, but for the fact of it's existence. I wish fans could just let things happen instead of always having to ferret things out. Maybe Clay told us exactly what he wanted us to know in his blog? Maybe he'd like to, oh, unveil his show himself??? GRRR (JMO and YMMV and all that) And yes, I already griped about it on the CB. Clearly, the email is in answer to questions(I doubt they came up with 'up-tempo on their own).

Cindilu, I'm too tired to do more than WORD this, but I so agree! As you say, too bad Clay can't unveil his own show ... and not have to explain about his hundreds of "managers." :Pogo0: <---- all Clay's extra "keepers," :lol:

Btw, the Houston Symphony website has wonderful info about Clay here.

Laughn, I'm with you -- just watching the man breathe sounds good to me. :lol:

:welcome:miramachi gal! Glad to have you on board. :)

Hi, Maddy! :affection:

See y'all tomorrow ... later today! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

:00003653: Couch Tomato!

Couldn't let the day end without wishing the lovely and tres cool Couchie a great birthday! I hope you had an excellent day.

I've been keeping up with y'all....mostly reading late at night....but honestly too tired to post anything by the time I caught up my eyelids were closing. There have been some excellent posts the past few days. Tonight, you've been cracking me up. :lmaosmiley-1:

We fly out of Halifax tomorrow afternoon and will get back to Houston tomorrow night.....I'll be dreaming of my own bed when I put my head down tonight, for certain. ansamcw, you lived here for 8 years? Neat! Welcome, miramichi gal, I guess we have ourselves a little coterie of Maritimers here now. That'll make me feel right back home when I'm back in Texas. Of course, it's been colder than a witch's you know what the whole time we've been here.....I am so looking forward to that warm sun again. I just wish I wasn't saying goodbye to my kids until August, though. Tonight I took them to Sobey's handed them each a grocery cart and said go fill it. John and I wandered around the store and then met them at the checkout. I think they thought it was Christmas. Funny how they're priorities change once they're on their own.

Night everybody! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Whooo...10:30 and finally making it online to say thank you thank you for all my birthday wishes. I actually had a very nice day for somebody that put in their 8 hours. My family is horrible at planning things.... all I knew was that people were stopping over. My mom is talking to me like what are we feeding them? I'm like Hello? It's MY birthday. But I stopped on my way home from work and picked up two pizzas praying that all the fabulous presents would be worth it. My sister then calls my house to say .but but but I was picking up Chinese. And her husband had gone to get the cake while my cousin stopped over with one of her home made specialty cakes. When I'm in charge stuff is done right :cryingwlaughter: But it was fun and now everyone has left and I have my peace and quiet. Sent all the cake to different homes because the last thing I needed in my fridge was two freakin' cakes.

I love the Clangela. My first fanfic was all about the Clangela during the 2003 tours. At the time I found WDC fascinating to watch because Clay was so..... surprisingly different? naughty? nasty? playful? Again it was chameleon Clay telling us that we couldn't put him in a box,

Payback baby. heee. I read your story. But the funny part is that I wasn't really into fan fiction all that much and my friend S.O.L who is also a Clangela lover would email me the chapters...heee. Oh yeah this is when I was staying away from RHT on principle heee... so much for that. Finally I just started going to EAYOR myself to read them. You may have set me on my path heee. I always thought that the Clangela was a natural for fan fiction but there is hardly any at all. Any ideas why that is?

I wanna be the first to greet my good good friend Couch Tomato

:fest30: Ahhh and I know somebody has beaten me to wishing you a very very happy birthday. I hope you gets lots of presents and pampering and lots of presents :cryingwlaughter: I can't wait to meet you this summer. Lord is there anything we don't know about each other already? We'll have 4 days to find out! heee. :Pogo0:

Brad's okay, but George....

gah.

Heee..I think I'm the only person in the world that did a happy dance when George Clooney left ER. He was cute on Facts of Life LOL.

Did you kill that couch? Why is there a HUGE puddle of blood under it? Couchie! Couchie! Where are you! I've seen CSI, that's a CLUE!

Heee...calling Forensics Files..that's my show. Bottle, thanks for the Couch..it spurred lots of laughter today!!

Lord, I'm pitiful. I am trying to put together a spreadsheet of where I'm going, how I'm gonna get there, whom I'm going with and who I owe. It would be scary except I clearly lost my mind a while ago.

Couchie, 45 ain't bad...it's the 46th where crap starts falling apart!

Thanks KAndre. So much to look forward to in 364 days. I need to get started on my spreadsheet as well. I don't have a single ticket in my hand. I hope I remember where they all come from heee.

Clay's tool needs to experience how artfully I could use it.

That's my Muski.

Anyone want to come to Pennsylvania in the next 2 weeks and help pack up and throw out 30 plus years of crap that has collected over tha past 30 plus years???

No?

Think Clay is available???

Ah man... :F_05BL17blowkiss: That will not be fun!! Just think of the reward waiting for you when you're done. CLAY CLAY and more CLAY!

Geez, if I have to come up with an explanation for every detail of the clipart I post, maybe I need to rethink the graphics I have picked out for tomorrow's birthday girl. Hee. I just right-click-and-save, I don't design 'em! ;)

Ha... can't wait to see Ansa's graphics!

BWAH! Hey, couchie! That's us in Jazzercize!

:cryingwlaughter:

Bwah... I don't know it may be droopy but it's also a little narrow. heee

Want to get this in before the clock ticks over to the day after....

Happy Birthday Couch Tomato! :00003653:

Are you still up partying? :lilredani:

I am Late....... well only by about 20 minutes on the left coast!

Couchie - I hope your BD celebration goes on forever!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can't wait to meet you again at one of the shows this summer!!

so we can........

PAR-TAY!!!

:RedGuy::DoClay: :Tour3: :TourExcite:

eeeeeeeeeee!!! I found the color picker!!!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Wheeeeeee! More birthdays!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANSA!!!!!

Bringing over a couple of reviews for Idol: The Musical that I've seen on other boards. This sounds really interesting! I would love some clack of the song "Quakin' for Aiken". :lol:

http://blog.syracuse.com/critics/2007/06/i...he_musical.html

Imagine, if you will, a combination of elements from "Bye, Bye Birdie," "A Chorus Line," "Fame," "The Breakfast Club," and "High School Musical" - with a higher quotient of sexual humor. Further imagine such elements mixing in a story concerning the socials effects of Clay Aiken and you pretty much have a fix on "Idol: The Musical."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/108924.html

There are eight of them; all belonging to the same cult-like club that meets daily in a barn that doubles as a shrine to Clay Aiken. They are actively ridiculed by the rest of Steubenville; a humiliating situation that doesn't deter their quest for all things Clay.

Laughn, I'm with you -- just watching the man breathe sounds good to me. :lol:

I don't know about watching him breathe so much, but.... If he should happen to want to lean in very close, and oh-so-slowly tuck my hair behind my ear before placing his lightly stubbled cheek on my neck and breathe his warm breath directly into my ear... well, I probably wouldn't object too strenuously.

fans can be delusional although Billie Bean has managed to do this type of thing once or twice.

So has Terry Ryan (recently) which sorta makes the delusion level worse. Now they seem to think he can just pull players out of his ass, as needed.

:cryingwlaughter:

So much of what gets speculated about on the trade front is blind. (Um hellooooo? Contracts anyone?) To some, it's just swapping baseball cards and that's not so much the way it works. Which is exactly what I think happens on the Clayfan front. We know so little of what actually goes on that it's hard for me to believe most of the speculation and theory is even close.

I'm not sure I get the latest concert buzz. So what'd we find out that we didn't already know? Isn't that pretty much what Clay described in his blog? Color me confused.

I'm intrigued by the idea of this concert series and Clay's obvious enthusiasm for the format. I wonder if he likes the idea of being on the road with a smaller, tightly knit group of people as opposed to several busloads of personality and drama? I'm not being specific just an observation from my life experience More people = more personality = more drama.

---

Happy Birthday Ansa! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

edited for spelling...I wish I could spell *sigh*

Edited by jamar1700

Thanks guys....awww Bottle..cute graphics

I find it so funny that Couchie and I have almost the same bday...I wonder if we get along so well because we are both gemini.

I think I will be having a fairly quiet bday...having breakfast with my friend then a walk to the mall and dinner with daughter number 2 since my eldest and hubby are at her class year end trip. I already got my bday cake this weekend.