#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Back to work for me. I cleaned the kitchen today. Cleaned out some flower beds and had hubby transplant some bushes for me. Now I need to start gathering and pricing for a garage sale Saturday, if it doesn't rain. Then I need to watch the next 4 episodes of Kingdom Hospital. I love Stephen King but I can see why this TV series didn't last long.

Psssssst.....come talk to me in the Books And Magazines forum......I posted something about SK in the Jeffery Deaver thread a few days ago.....

I'm talking about the AI2 Tour special, which originally aired on New Year's Day, 2004. Here's a link to download from Clack Unlimited. You can get just the Clay parts, or you can download the entire episode. The segment I'm talking about is the Chicago concert debacle -- which caused Pissy!Diva!Clay!, and showed him to the world. I still laugh about that clip. God, I think I need to watch it again....
I'm downloading now ... but one more Clack question ... regarding the hot WDC grindage taken by Mrs. Loki at IT Worcester ... that doesn't seem to be available anywhere I've looked. Is it private video?

FBI to Fight Zombie Hordes

I saw that on Yahoo and :cryingwlaughter:

Well, muskifest beat me to the line about Clay being straight, so I guess I'll just pick up my smut and go home...wait a minute, I am home. I guess I'll just have to work at it harder... :P

I wish you all the best of luck with the M&Gs. I conflicted about my first concert in Houston.

I will be there with my family who live there and who I'll be visiting. I will be off the boards and any computer for three days before the concert to three days after. I won't be going to the pre-parties, the after parties, the buses. Nothing. I won't be looking at Clack with friends....or probably any Clack at all for that matter. I can be on the phone with friends, but I figure it's sort of rude to be talking while I should be visiting my family.

Could you all just come up with some sort of 'gang' hand sign or something so ya'll could flash me a sign to let me know who you are?...like Kreativv (with a K and two v.s)

Happy Birthday Couchtomato! Hope you have a blast!

ldyjocelyn, did you ever read Christopher Stasheff's work which featured a planet that had been settled by the Society for Creative Anachronism? When I was in high school, I used to read a lot of fantasy. I still read some from time to time (I currently am in the middle of Raymond Feist's "Flight of the Nighthawks"). Luckiest, I'm afraid I haven't read a lot of Stephen King, but I may pop into the thread you suggested. I've wanted to talk books with people, but I wasn't sure there was an active interest.

I do remember that tour special, for a lot of reasons. It was great to see Clay's popularity highlighted so much. Those were heady times, were they not?

I apologize for not highlighting names. I'm posting from a Blackberry, so I have trouble getting the format buttons to work properly.

JennaZ, are you talking about "The Wizard In Spite of Himself"? I didn't think it was settled by SCA people though - but it's been a number of years since I read it.

You're missing our party, laughn? You couldn't declare yourself a temporary orphan? We'll even let you sing something from Oliver Twist. Or West Side Story if you really want the gang thingie.

Ooooo! A question for our Canadians...I'm thinking about doing a quick weekend in Canada for my birthday, you know, the Friday though Sunday thing. If you only have 72 hours, would you do Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver? Why? What would you do? How easy is it to pick up cute Mounties that look like Brendon Fraser? For strictly licit purposes, I swear. If I do end up in Montreal, how fussy are they about my minuscule amount of French? And yeah, I would pick the first time in 20 years that the exchange rate totally sucks. C'est la vie. (Would the Quebeçois let me write that down for them since I don't actually know how to pronounce it?)

JennaZ, are you talking about "The Wizard In Spite of Himself"? I didn't think it was settled by SCA people though - but it's been a number of years since I read it.

Yes, that book among many others - the series went on for quite a while. I don't remember if that particular book referenced the SCA, but I am pretty sure that the series was predicated on them - which explained why a future society on a particular planet had the societal structure, culture, and speech of medieval Europe. It was a fun series. I remember it fondly.

Happiest of birthdays to our Couch Tomato - I don't get a chance to say this often, but I am SO PROUD OF YOU! You've created this wonderful place full of personality and pluck - where we can mush and smut and discuss and debate and r.e.s.p.e.c.t. in a safe haven - thank you so much for that!

I hope your day is as special as you are!

:00003653: :da_best:

Edited by PuddinsJoy

BWAH! KAndre. It's SAY LA VEE.

I'd personally say - Vancouver. Even though I'm almost a Torontonian, to me it's just another urban center. And Montreal is Toronto, without the English. HEE!! You would fare better in Montreal without any french than just about anywhere else in Quebec. And I say that completely without rancour. I love the Fench, and I love Quebec, and I married a Frenchman (don't let our divorce throw ya off, lol). But the simple fact is, it's a predomimantly French-speaking province, and if you (they) don't speak English, you just don't speak it, you know? No matter how s-l-o-w-l-y or LOUDLY you repeat it.

ETA: If you are game to brave the possible language barrier, I would go to Quebec City over all three of these places. It is a wonderful, charming place. Very old-world. There is the Grand Alle (a street full of shops and cafes and galleries) and the Plain de Abraham, and Chateau Frontenac. I love it there, and would go back in a heartbeat.

I haven't been to Vancouver, but I'd love to. Having the ocean there is an added bonus.

speaking of added bonuses...

wssittinggulp.jpg

Edited by cindilu2

Vancouver is great. I haven't been to the other Canadian cities, so can't speak to them. I do know that when I was in Vancouver I was constantly seeing similarities between that city and San Francisco...it's really lovely, even though it did rain almost the entire time I was there!

Hey, ready for more smut?

:RedGuy:

album_pic.jpg

sigh

JBTAtlanticCityWDC2.jpg

oooo

waldodc2.jpg

stick a fork(?) in me....

Edited by muskifest

eyes cindilu2 with interest...

soooo....how would I say merde? That means "ding dang it" right? Rigggght?

Then I would really have a change to say "Excuse my French!" HA!

...and because J4Clay from the CB asked, here's what the Houston Symphony had to say in an e-mail about the music and musicians appearing with Clay...

Clayboard Houston Symphony thread

Dear Ms. Dixon,

We are thrilled to learn you'll be joining us on July 6 for the concert we are all looking forward to!

Mr. Aiken is bringing his own conductor who plays piano, a drummer and two backup singers. The rest of the musicians will be comprised of Houston Symphony musicians and other musicians who we bring in for the event, including a guitar and bass player. So, to answer your question, I don't think that qualifies as an established "band," but there will be rock/band type instruments on stage (guitar, bass, drums) in addition to the orchestra. There definitely will be up-tempo songs using this rock with orchestra sound.

Does that help?

Enjoy the concert and if you like it, we hope to see you back for another one!

Best wishes,

Amanda Tozzi Williams

Director, Popular Programming

Houston Symphony Society

So looks like we get a little rockin' Clay along with our bug spray this summer. :me0:

eyes cindilu2 with interest...

soooo....how would I say merde? That means "ding dang it" right? Rigggght?

Then I would really have a change to say "Excuse my French!" HA!

Hee! That would be Mare - d (and it pretty much means SHIT!!)

See my edit - if you're brave enough to try Quebec, go to Quebec City!!!

I can't say how much that email to the Houston venue pisses me off. NOT for the info, but for the fact of it's existence. I wish fans could just let things happen instead of always having to ferret things out. Maybe Clay told us exactly what he wanted us to know in his blog? Maybe he'd like to, oh, unveil his show himself??? GRRR (JMO and YMMV and all that) And yes, I already griped about it on the CB. Clearly, the email is in answer to questions(I doubt they came up with 'up-tempo on their own).

Edited by cindilu2

It's not often I get a chance to do this so twice in a couple of days is quite nice. For newbies who are going back and reading old threads or those looking for some scintillating conversation of old, you may notice that suddenly one of our threads is 239 pages. It seems that in the processing of archiving, one of our intrepid admins hit merge instead. Of course, us being all lax over here, we're just going to archive it as is... So Dec 06 through end of March is now one big gigantic thread. Happy hunting.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: LdyJ!! She knew she'd be outed :cryingwlaughter:

Sheesh, nobody's showing Toronto the love??????? From the perspective of a tourist, there's a lot to see and do. The CN Tower, Ontario Place, Centre Island, Casa Loma......help me out here, people. I haven't looked at it from the perspective of a tourist since.....well, since forever. :cryingwlaughter: To me, it's just another big city. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there (which is why I moved away when I had the chance).

I'm headed to Montreal in July, but I doubt I'll get to see any of it. Just the inside of a hotel room, and various baseball diamonds. I've been through it before but don't remember much about it. I have been to Quebec City, and it is as nice as cindilu2 says it is. But it's not a metropolis, like Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. I guess it depends what you are looking for.....

I've never been to Vancouver. You do realize that it is on the complete opposite coast, right? ;)

That email to the venue that resulted in people across the boards celebrating an upbeat, rockin' show just makes me roll my eyes. Why people feel the need to dig, dig, dig is beyond me. Seriously, who thought that Clay was going to perform ATDW songs without guitars? And if they did, have they listened to the album lately????? :ruserious: I really am not getting anything new out of that email, other than what Clay already told us. Soft rock, a trip down memory lane, come and chill out. A couple of upbeat "diddies". :P But hey, if it makes some people get excited about the tour who previously were meh, whatever. :allgood:

Edited by luckiest1

Ah KAndre...Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal....

I've been to all three and each have something great to offer. Vancouver has great scenery cos you often have the mountains in the background and if you go to Victoria...its a really beautiful little island...but as Muski have said..it does rain a lot I was there for 4 days and it rained for 2.

Toronto and Montreal are typical urban centers....I find Montreal has more old world architecture in the downtown area. there are areas that reminds me of europe...specially in the old Montreal area. I never have any problem in Montreal even if I don;t have any French...lots of people are bilingual because there is such a culturally diverse population...but all the signs are in French. Quebec City is very quaint...more European flavor but its very French...but if you try to speak French to the natives...they become very receptive and friendly.

BWAH...ldyJ...I bet no one would've noticed if someone didn;t announce it on main...hee :allgood:

That email to the venue that resulted in people across the boards celebrating an upbeat, rockin' show just makes me roll my eyes. Why people feel the need to dig, dig, dig is beyond me. Seriously, who thought that Clay was going to perform ATDW songs without guitars? And if they did, have they listened to the album lately????? :ruserious: I really am not getting anything new out of that email, other than what Clay already told us. Soft rock, a trip down memory lane, come and chill out. A couple of upbeat "diddies". :P But hey, if it makes some people get excited about the tour who previously were meh, whatever. :allgood:
For me, I'm pretty much excited just to go watch the man breath. I'm easy. . .I was already :hubbahubba::laugh2: :00000441: about the tour, so the e-mail didn't give me much of a rush. If anything, it just told me it looks like he'll be working with new bass and guitar players at some shows, possibly every show...? I have no idea what that would be like for Clay.

I have been to Toronto - I think the thing that most impressed me was the fact that they had swan boats. I had not seen swan boats since I was 6 = a very long time. I went to visit the island in the spring before it was really the season and it seems it was mating season which made the zoo a bit of a spectacle - but with the pictures ou guys post, maybe not such a stretch.

Lets see, they have a baseball stadium, where I saw someone thron out for bad behavior. There is a subway, a lot of underground stores - I wandered around for hours until I finally had to surface and take a Taxi back to the hotle because I had no idea where I was.

The down side of the visitwas bad timing. I had undiagnosed (very bad doctor) Mono and had to sleep every 4 or 5 hours. So I could not get too involved in being a tourist.

Is it safe for me to come in here yet? I mean, at least I didn't lose the threads...thank God for that....

And yes, I admitted it to couchie and Ansa immediately. Figured I'd give couchie a birthday present so she could gloat a bit....

Now, though, I'm going to see if I can figure out what the other two thread titles were, and see if I can incorporate them some how into a major thread title.....

KAndre, I know nuthin' 'bout no Canada, except for one thing -- take your passport!!! I guess the government has eased the restrictions a bit for people who don't have one (I think they need to show a receipt that they are trying to get one), but I know KAndre has one, so take it with you!

For me, I'm pretty much excited just to go watch the man breath. I'm easy. . .I was already :hubbahubba::laugh2: :00000441: about the tour, so the e-mail didn't give me much of a rush. If anything, it just told me it looks like he'll be working with new bass and guitar players at some shows, possibly every show...? I have no idea what that would be like for Clay.

Other than mourning the loss of Daniel the bass player, this is pretty much me too. I agree with cindilu that it is totally frustrating the way fans NEEEEEED to know what's going on before it happens, but I also gotta admit that the email didn't tell me a lot either. And I'm totally easy too. You know that joke about "singing the phone book?" Yep, still applies to me.

Jenna, I've read a few of Stasheff's books, and I seem to remember that KAndre is right, he doesn't reference the SCA personally, but the similarities are there.

Speaking of similarities....there are similarities for me personally with the SCA and my Clay fandom. I used to be HEAVILY involved in the SCA -- held a few offices in my local chapter, and pretty much everyone was a friend. But, after time, I started noticing things, such as power going to a few people's heads, and secretive things going on behind the scenes. After being in Clay Aiken fandom for a couple of years, I guess this kind of thing must happen in many organized fan type of things

OK, the old humongoid thread has been put in the main thread archives (located here). I've also numbered our last few threads.

Sorry to be late to the discussion but it took me forever to "ketchup" :RedGuy:

---

Happy Birthday Couch Tomato! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

----

Re: the mythical lost album ... I'm in the "let it go already" camp. :shrugs:

Speculation and theory-mongering I don't mind so much. It's what people do. You should hear some of the potential trades made on the baseball boards! You know, the one where your team gets ARod for a bench player, a broken down starter and a prospect? *rollseyes* I am somewhat bothered when these things get repeated to the point of becoming fact. But as a wise man once said, people will believe what they want to believe. I know this. So I don't bother. Much.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Edited by jamar1700