#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

{{{{{couchie & family}}}}}

Well I just had a Clay Aiken moment! I stopped at KFC on the way home and guess what....I wanted a chicken breast original recipe and they didn't have one!! I tell you I was just about to say you are KFC and you don't have original recipe chicken but I didn't I got my money back and went home! So there!

Boy I really wanted that chicken :3:

And had to laugh cuz even back then I was trying to figure out how to make PMs you sent automatically go to your Sent mailbox. Heeee. Never did figure that out. Hmmmm if I say this outloud maybe all will be well once more. Any tips because I never click on save to sent mail and I always only have 1/2 a conversation.

I sent you a pm but I don't know if it went through or not the screen went blank so let me know if you didn't. I have the code you need.

Aww thank you!

I just noticed I joined FCA two weeks after you bottlecap and I have a poultry...err sorry...paltry 88 89 posts and you have over 3000! I always thought I talked a lot. I guess not!

Edited by merrieeee

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANSA!!!!

Hey, Nelle! You going to Frisco?

No, muski, but I'm going to Houston and Tulsa.

Oh dear, I wasn't gonna dress up for this tour. I'm going very casual...didn't Clay call this tour laid back and casual? I was hoping he'd show up in his pj bottoms.

I missed a couple of birthday celebrants earlier today---

Happy Birthday samtaykai and ClaytonAikenFan86!

:04:

(Thanx Caro and Ansa for the info on text color. I never would have thought to look there!)

Positive thoughts going your way Couchie.

Always knew the list of Clay sites was maintained here and had used it, but I found my way here through the pins Yes, I admit it, went overboard on the little works of art, and you had the best visual record out there. Didn't understand at first that the MB was not just pins...but became a regular reader last year. Just not a big time poster. You guys say it all for me anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANSA!!!

Love the common sense sanity of this place, and because you make everyone feel welcome.

Thanks Ansa for working hard to make it happen, and for convincing Couchie to do it.

God, he's pretty :Thud:

eta: Niiiice stool shot, er photo :whistling-1:

Hey, another newbie! And one who enjoys the...finer things in life...I say this because as soon as I saw that 'stool shot', I immediatel wanted to post that I LURVE 'bunchy', seated Clay. :hubbahubba:

Now when you say "first" picture in Photobucket, do you mean the first one I put in my account or the first one that shows up when I open the account, which would be the last one I put in...

Whatever---I'll post both of them..... :medium-smiley-070:

Here's the newest pic added to the account:

herkie1nb.gif

And the very first one I put in THIS account? Appropriately, this one's for Couchie :F_05BL17blowkiss:

post-98-1103426040.png

But I gotta tell ya, that picture of Clay in the grass---hands behind head, shirt unbuttoned..and GOD! Those EYES! That picture totally kills me...those EYES! :Thud::Thud::Thud:

ETA: Oh, and Nelle...I'll see you in Houston! woo hoo! :Tour3:

Edited by muskifest

{{{couchie & mom}}}

Frisco. Friiiiiiiiisco. Friscooooooooo.

Houston. Hoooooouston. Houstooooon.

BTW, there are a set of enablers in the eHP who should be certified as lethal. OK, if I do one day in Toronto, what would be the highlights?

And nobody's addressed my innocent queries about Mounties....

I'm home. She had every test underneath the sun and they found nothing. She's back to her old self. We have one follow up with a neurologist on Thursday but things look fine. Now back to catch up. Thanks for the good vibrations.

Yay... couch mom !!

Aww thank you!

I just noticed I joined FCA two weeks after you bottlecap and I have a poultry...err sorry...paltry 88 89 posts and you have over 3000! I always thought I talked a lot. I guess not!

:lol:

Ok, you made me look. The first photobucket picture I ever had was this:

d37a56b2.jpg

BUT... I used PageProducer before that and my first photo there was also my first siggy blend thingamabob. I made it mahself. I was pretty effin proud too. Hee.

AnimatedClayHeart.gif

And I had all this under the picture. Holy Sheep, that's alot. But I loved this article (obviously).

"Clay’s stardom is not something he is going to have to live up to. His star is in being himself." --Barbara McLaughlin, 8/14/2003

"A man is measured by the beauty that flows from within him and his ability to allow that beauty to be seen. Clay allowed us to see that beauty..." --Barbara McLaughlin, 8/14/2003

" What makes him just as intriguing, though, is Clay’s ability to take some of the most important human qualities that are available to all of us – an approachable personality; a visible emotional side; a genuine caring for humanity; a wish to serve a purpose during life; an open devotion and show of affection for family and friends; an ability to state likes, dislikes, and fears without concern for criticism; a sense to always keep the inner child and some innocence alive; an ability to handle challenges with integrity; and a solid moral stance – to own these qualities, and most importantly, to make these qualities available to others." --Barbara McLaughlin, 8/14/2003

And, lastly, from an interview before the Sacto AI2 Tour:

"Let's go with me!" --Clay Aiken, Governor of California

:lol:

/dork

From the middle at random, just cuz I like this one...

sexy.jpg Hee.

Heh ---> shutupsmiley.gif

Edited by YSRN

YAY couchiemom!!

YSRN!! Love the quotes, and the siggie!!

My first (PictureTrail):

32118974.jpg

YSRN will remember that, and probably the name we had for it.

A fave:

34107506.jpg

Another:

33885996.jpg

Hawtest evah:

240368147.jpg

and:

240371481.jpg

First siggie I ever made (should look familiar):

34674404.jpg

Today's version (thanks to Invisible926):

144871837.jpg

Edited by jmh123

POOP!

I'm having trouble posting multiple quotes (from more than one other poster).

What's the secret, guys?

I feel so, so inadequate

:scream:

No "embarrassed" emoticon so this will have to do

Ooh ooh LOVE BOOTS Clay :DoClay:

Edited by treenuts

Whatever its limitations, "Idol: The Musical," kept a mainly young audience entertained, laughing and sufficiently diverted to (generally) refrain from text-messaging for nearly two hours -quite an achievement for any enterprise in mid-2007.

This cracked me up from one of the Idols the Musical reviews. Yep I'm around twenty somethings and text messages and myspace...they can't get enough of either. Maybe a hit musical will be the way to get those youngins interested in Clay. Play I can't wait for your review of this. Scarlett did I hear you say you were going to check it out too? Can you get us some clack heee.

I don't know about watching him breathe so much, but.... If he should happen to want to lean in very close, and oh-so-slowly tuck my hair behind my ear before placing his lightly stubbled cheek on my neck and breathe his warm breath directly into my ear... well, I probably wouldn't object too strenuously.

OK Bottle, you are shocking me with your smuttin' abilities.

oooh commercial..Picket Fences and The Practice finally on DVD WHOOT

Regarding the entire concert clothes wearing conversation..I searched the CH archives to find my review of JNT05 cuz this might explain why I won't be dressing up too much:

I can't believe Clay got me in a fuckin' skirt and stockings. It's been YEARS ya'll. And nothing was working quite right....every time I moved I was pulling down, smothing over..and then when the concert ended and I stood up I felt some air...yep my skirt was hanging off my butt like the kids wear their pants today. Had on a slip or that would have been a stick my head in the sand moment. Whew...took that crap off soon as I got home..and won't have to pull it out until the next damn classy Xmas concert.

I think I've come quite a long way on that cussin' thing.

LOL, I think there are a lot of closet fanfic readers, Couchie At the time there was some lack of certainty as to whether or not Angela was married (she wasn't), but some thought she was and thought it was terrible to be writing fanfic about her and Clay. I also believed there were others that didn't like the idea of Angela and Clay together for less noble reasons (for instance they liked the idea of Clay and Amber together better) and it spurred me on to write the fanfic all the more. If you remember, I brought the racial issue into the fanfic.

Yeah, where is the justice. There is more Clarmen and Clamber. I think I only found 3 or 4 Clangela stories total..and that may be a high estimate. The only one I remember is yours heee.

Im sure glad you listened, too, Couchie. I lurked around the edges of boardom for a long time, and this place came along just as I was ready to take the posting plunge. I know it was pretty quiet for a long time, but I'm pleased with how the board has evolved and drawn in posters from different corners of the Clay Nation.

A perfect storm! Glad we got ya Bottle. Atinal's been around from the beginning too. Some of our buds were also posting but we probably coerced them to join in and so they pat us on the head and came over heeee. Which explains the mods jokes. When we started we just made all of friends mods. Over time and as we came into our own we released them from their obligation. :cryingwlaughter:

The Houston Venue sign is beautiful!

WORD! I swear this board saved my online fandom! I remember when I first came here muski had told me it was a good place to just drop off a comment. Seems by my post count I've dropped off more than my share of comments and never left! :lol:

Heee and we're glad you didn't. We met for a moment at Kimmel but that was before you started posting here and we got to know you. Looking forward to summer.

*moan*

*whimper*

*thud*

Yeah that, just on GP.

I

Well, taht is a lie. I am off to swim - the water is great.

FCA bash 2008 Play's beach house. :lilredani:

I'm going to the third concert (Tulsa) and originally planned to stay unspoiled so there would be some surprises. I'd prefer not to know all his banter/jokes ahead of time.

But...there's always a big but (tm PeeWee)...I'm going to the party in Tulsa and have a feeling that there will be discussion there about Frisco and Houston.

So I'm wondering if trying to stay unspoiled is an exercise in futility.

Also.....I don't think I have the willpower to not listen to at least the Frisco concert.

Good luck. Third concert is doable I guess..but the parties will be hard. My concerts aren't until August which means I'll know every joke by then. But I enjoy the shows anyway. I think the closest I came to being unspoiled is JNT05 and really that just meant for me that the script wasn't memorized yet.

Pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet, pray for a meet and greet. Did I mention I need to pray for a meet and greet? LOL

LOL..keep on praying girl!

Actually, that's not quite true. FCA proper has been around since 2003, but you'll have to ask couchie for that history. The message board came into existence on July 10-15, 2005 -- just in time for the JBT. The first thread ever is located here.

What I find interesting, and quite grand actually, is that it originally took the FCA members ALMOST 8 MONTHS to burn through the first thread. 8 freakin' months. Second thread? 6 months. And it's been going down quickly, ever since. I think we're at about a month down between threads. I think that's great.

No big story to tell for FCA proper (heh, like that). I was just addicted to Clay and surfing eveyr board under the sun and my favorites was growing and growing and growing and the idea popped into my head to do a links site. And that's what I mostly did..until IT tour when I decided I was going to follow Clay on his tour... did ok with IT by myself and then he decided to go on tour for the rest of the frickin' year and quickly got lost in the dust trying to keep up with him. Then I stole Ansa, and the rest is history. :cryingwlaughter:

Heee 8 months to get through 80 pages? 10 pages a month? LOL...well most of our activity early on was in the pin threads and the tour threads. But still, 8 months? :lmaosmiley-1:

..I only joined her early 2005 when she allowed me to re-design her site.

Shhhh Ansa still thinks coming on board was all her idea. Good, the hypnosis is still working. :cryingwlaughter:

Of course, I can't imagine that we'd ever really need this one (heh) but still...

deadhorse2.gif

Bwah...while we do try not to beat dead horses we probaly still do now and again...heee

Welcome treenuts!

Yes, I admit it, went overboard on the little works of art, and you had the best visual record out there.

Clayzedover - you aren't the only one that went over. And yeah Ansa did a great job with the pin galleries... it took up so much of her time though as I was basically useless. I didn't want to touch it for fear of "breaking" something.

And the very first one I put in THIS account? Appropriately, this one's for Couchie :F_05BL17blowkiss:

post-98-1103426040.png

Thank you Muski...

got me through lots of sad times.My favorite version here...this was taken by Scarlett at El Cajon..she sat exactly 2 rows ahead of me...so that is my bird's eye view. And I get overwhelmed watching that video...But it's weird, sometimes I can watch it and think..damn can the man be any sexier. heee I have to remind myself he's singing about Jesus..but guh gah and all that jazz.

And nobody's addressed my innocent queries about Mounties....

I just figured you'd work things out so that all involved would be satisfied. heee

POOP!

I'm having trouble posting multiple quotes (from more than one other poster).

What's the secret, guys?

I feel so, so inadequate

:scream:

No "embarrassed" emoticon so this will have to do

I posted this the other night..here you go...

I go a page at a time, hit quote under every post I want to respond to. Then at the end of the page hit ADD REPLY. Don't hit reply under a specific post but use the ADD REPLY button on the very bottom of the page. Then what happens is that all of the posts you want to quote will be on your reply form.

It does get hairy and I've had trouble more than once assigning words to the wrong person. But you get better at it after awhile. Start at the top..and after the name/quote... delete everything that person said leaving only the particular thing you want to respond to. You have to make sure you have the end quote at the end of their quote. Add your comment, then go to the next person's response. It gets easier over time.

Good luck