#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Just checking in after being at work all day. Ooooohhhh, look at cindi's avie! You got it to work! It's lovely.

You can have those lips. These are mine, all mine:

lips.jpg

OMG---------- do I have batteries??? :scream:

OMG -- I am officially a Post Ho!

every day is a party at FCA

bc1e0087.gifb1039ed1.gif

BWAH~ Now this made me think I should bring out this ditty...boobs.gif

And even MORE delurkers! Welcome!

Woo Hoo...Couchie and I had a couple of brews tonight so that I could do a mind meld with her to know every single detail of her fangirly day yesterday with Clay! :lilredani: Fun fun! Sounds like a great, great show to have attended and I'm happy, happy that she and Totally were able to be there.

Joy. As soon as I got home, I realized that

1. Alex was upstairs asleep...said she's really tired.

2. Kenny and Carrie were still at softball practice.

3. The dog had to pee REEEEEAAAALLL bad.

crap.

yeah. that too. heh.

How'd you like to wake up at night and look at this?

172919785-L.jpg

Welcome xxx!! Dear lord, a clear (and loud) audible gasp escaped my lips as I came upon this!!

Welcome indeed :hubbahubba::clap:

prepares to print and enlarge to place on ceiling above bed. Maybe hubby won't notice....

right away

Edited by treenuts

Bookwhore - About Kimmel last September. Many, many fans had flown in from all over the place because there was both a CD signing at Virgin Records as well as Clay's appearance at Kimmel, where Clay did a 5 song mini-concert at the end. There was some chaos with the lines because some people were standing in the Virgin Records line, while others were holding space in line across the street at Kimmel. It didn't work very well logistically.

Bottom line is that not only did a large number of people who had internet "tickets" from Kimmel and who had been standing in line much of the day not get wristbands from the Kimmel people in the mid-afternoon when they finally handed them out, but not even all of the people who were given wrist bands got into the show later on. And we all believed that a wrist band guaranteed you a spot in the show. Those of us given a wrist band were told to leave and come back at 5pm, so we did. We came back, got in another line, and then when it came down to seating us, too many VIPs showed up (DUH - don't they know that Clay fans ALWAYS show up?) and I believe 18 people, including Muski and Claygasm and many of my good friends didn't get in. It was devastating to those who didn't get in, and to some of us who got in whose friends were left standing outside. We were confused and angry and disappointed. Most of them had flown in from out of town for Kimmel and that made it all the worse. Some had flown from as far away as Toronto and Philly.

Fortunately, at least everyone got to see the mini-concert, which was wonderful, because it was outdoors. Clay sang his heart out. But the sting of the disappointment of not getting into the show didn't disappear immediately and colored everything.

The fact is one can never be sure of getting into TV show tapings because they always give out more tickets than they have room for, assuming that many won't show. It's like overbooking a flight.

Hi folks...

I'm just getting acquainted with this board...might I add, I really love reading this thread...not quite caught up with all the posts since the conclusion of the summer tour... I thought I'd share a writing I recently posted this on my home board...Mods...I wasn't sure where to post this, please feel free to move it to the appropriate area...

After my trip to North Carolina to spend time in 'Clay country' ...hear him perform in Cary and Asheville, meet Clay fans from near and far and participate in the Clay Nation conclave...I had planned on writing a traditional recap upon my arrival home. I found instead I was flooded with sundry emotions and took time to reflect...after some days of gestation...the piece below is what flowed...I just went with it...

Evolution of a Man - Evolution of a Fan

After enjoying a summer of Clay, I've been given to bouts of nostalgia and my emotions span the gamut from ardor to awe and laughter to loneliness. How this young man evokes all this in me gives me pause for thought. And so, I reached inside myself to seek some answers. Thus, I began…

Just a mere happenstance brought about my engagement in the American Idol phenomenon...a combination of unique circumstances…a desire to build greater connection to my niece, lover of current musical trends…the aftermath of a devastating stroke endured by my beloved father…respite from the demands of a rigorous master's program…and the indisputable pleasure of a shared family experience …garnered my regular attendance for the emergence of a remarkable young man, Clay.

The most striking memory I have of his initial appearance was the astounding quality of a voice emanating from such an unimposing fellow, juxtaposed with an infectious twinkle in his eyes, that even thick, unfortunate glasses could not mask. The intrigue grew exponentially each week he performed. What was it that dwelt within his soul? What fueled his quiet passion and quick wit? What destiny lay before him? I was no longer simply interested in how he placed in this media endeavor. No, I could not begin to imagine not sharing in his life's journey, nor could I reconcile never hearing him sing again. Thankfully, I was not faced with that certain void. Instead, for the first time in my life, I experienced being a fan. And, with it has come ventures, beyond any I had contemplated for myself.

Four years later, this fan has borne witness to the evolution of a man…a man in possession of a voice unique, unmatched by any of his generation. However, this man is so much more than a participant within the musical landscape of today. No, he has emerged from his boyhood into a man of complexity, inner depth, and contradictory traits awash in unabashed courage. At once, seemingly naïve and yet knowingly sexy, sensitive and impatient, funny and wise, Clay's persona is revealed. From an unsubstantial youthful build, he has grown into broad shouldered, narrow hipped young man ideally suited for designer attire and fashion forward hair cuts…handsome and desirable. Initially tentative, he confidently commands the stage, poised to banter with any and all who evoke his mirth.

Inexplicably compelled to support his journey, the evolution of this man brought on an evolution of a fan, a designation that mystifies me to this day. Out of a cautious, sedentary mode of life, today this fan has jetted alone, clear across the country to visit unfamiliar places and unfamiliar persons to join a larger community of enthusiasts which contrary to all logic, feels like coming home, a home in which it is understood…this attraction to the joy delivered to us all by this man. Perhaps the singular, unifying thread in this evolutionary experience, between this man and his fans, is our common willingness to say Yes and make the passage together and in the process, become free.

"To be free, to be able to stand up and leave everything behind -

without looking back.

To say Yes ---"

From Markings by Dag Hammarskjold

OMG, xxx, that picture... :Thud: That is soooo :Thud::Thud::Thud: Thanks, she says as she lines up the pillows around the puter.

Ya' know... real life sure gets in the way of my Clay Aiken fun, dang it!

Here's one of my favs...

173577008-L.jpg

cha cha... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I just replenished my batteries, so I'll be happy to loan you a couple or three!!!

ETA: Clayharmony... welcome!!! Nice!

Edited by liney23

And for woo lovereyes, in case she gets tired of her present avie......

eyes-1.jpg

Clay is purdy, y'all!

right click and save, so so purdy indeed! WOO.gif

Ah, what the heck, I'll contribute my favorite for you.

theeyesak7.jpg

BTW -- when football gets started this week, DON'T let xxx4clay "con" all of you into rooting for just her team. She's sneaky that way and tries to steal loyalities -- she'll use beg, plead, grovel, try to guilt you into it, use the "poor little us" and everything else. DO NOT fall for it. ha ha -- Are you ready xxx? Starts now -- mine's Thursday night and I have to find a dang restaurant to go to cause it's on ESPNU which nobody has. I pestered my daughter enough to talk her boss into getting it put into their pizza place, but they close at 10 on week nights. Good luck till November -- then you are on your own.

Kevin Studdard greasy spikes

Ok, I know I've asked this before, but what the hell is Kevin Studdard Hair? When did that happen? Where da clack?

Woohoo Crap. Top of the page. I'm so lucky cursed.
:lol:

*dusts off lurker hat*
:wub: My favoritest lurker in the wide world... my sunnydelish.

Sorry, I went MIA for awhile, but I had a wild hair and got trapped reading about the Clyra... Holy Hormones! :hubbahubba: I see ya'll were in there too. :lol: Like in December... heh. I'm a late bloomer, yo.

Hot shit!! Phew! But, but, but the picture links weren't working and I can't see what she wore to the party!!!! :cries:

tyra_banks.jpg

And then... I got all discombobulated looking at clack... hours worth. HOURS, I tell you. You know what...? I'm over the teeth. BYLM Orlando, Invisible... profile, soft singing, no frying pan... the teeth are so pretty. I'm all crazy in love, dammit. God, I'm weak.

Then, then... I was helping someone with something and I somehow got reminded of the bestest old video ever... ldyjocelyn knows. Woo! LoverEyes knows. *sigh* *watches*

:wub:

Oh, a question... I hardly watched any actual song clack from the tour cuz I was too into the banter... but I did watch ATD from Knoxville tonight and I'm wondering if Clay sang harmony for this in other shows too or just this one... Anyone? Bueller?

Did I mention he looked utterly delicious in Knoxville?

Last Chance to own your own piece of Clay history and in the process support the BAF.

Auctions close this evening

Go NOW to eBay's Charity Giving Works listings and then spread the word.

ebaygivingworks.gif

Clay Aiken's original signed "Classic Medley" score.

scoreresizeav1.jpgscorenameresizexf5.jpgsexybackoa2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Clay Aiken's 2006 Joyful Noise Christmas tour "Baton!"

fullbatonresizexi5.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...23149%26fvi%3D1

And finally,

Clay Aiken "Crafted Purse", SIGNED By Clay, Faye, & Diane Bubel.

purseresizerp1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...98%2B%26fvi%3D1

Thank you for supporting the BAF and please spread the word

I Survived You.............Growly, sexy, angsty Clay!!! :Thud:

Thanks for the link to BA/F. It was what I needed to get my check written out and put in the mailbox this morning. Just a reminder to make sure that you include our Beta Alpha Chapter with your donation.

FCA-Making A Difference. Right now our total is $152.70 Surely we can raise that number up with all these newbies coming on board.

From an article about the Genesee Theatre and their tradition of having artists sign a wall backstage:

Lake County News-Sun

"The Handwriting's On the Wall"

• Naughty by Nature: Clay Aiken, who was born on Nov. 30 and appeared at the Genesee last Dec. 1, wrote "Thanx Genesee Theatre for a marvelous holiday (and birthday)." He also wrote his manager's name and phone number with the phrase "for a good time call," but the joke was later painted over.

:cryingwlaughter:

And I love the beginning phrase....hmmmm....maybe a thread title..."Naughty by Nature"?

Thanks for the reminder on the auction eandpmommy and for the link to the BAF video....

From an article about the Genesee Theatre and their tradition of having artists sign a wall backstage:

Lake County News-Sun

• Naughty by Nature: Clay Aiken, who was born on Nov. 30 and appeared at the Genesee last Dec. 1, wrote "Thanx Genesee Theatre for a marvelous holiday (and birthday)." He also wrote his manager's name and phone number with the phrase "for a good time call," but the joke was later painted over.

And I love the beginning phrase....hmmmm....maybe a thread title..."Naughty by Nature"?

Thanks for the reminder on the auction eandpmommy and for the link to the BAF video....

OMG.........He is so funny.............. :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEE, I believe that is the video that they showed at the Raleigh gala. It was quite moving to watch it with Clay sitting in the audience with us, and hear that song during it.

Awwww. That is just wonderful. This song can be interpreted so many ways - I love this one!

I think 'Naughty by Nature' is probably one of the most accurate descriptions of boyfriend yet.

Thanks for the link to BA/F. It was what I needed to get my check written out and put in the mailbox this morning. Just a reminder to make sure that you include our Beta Alpha Chapter with your donation.

FCA-Making A Difference. Right now our total is $152.70 Surely we can raise that number up with all these newbies coming on board.

Where do you view the total? I guess I will have to go to the bank and get an international money order drawn up and sent. I wish they'd accept paypal - so much easier!

Where do you view the total? I guess I will have to go to the bank and get an international money order drawn up and sent. I wish they'd accept paypal - so much easier!

Here you go luckiest1 , this is where I found the total. Scroll down. Headed off to work. Have a good day girls.

http://www.bubelaiken.org/GettingInvolved/...11/Default.aspx

Good Morning

Well, I have actually had better mornings; cat was up at 5:30 after not settling down until 1:30 so I was already tired and cranky and then she knocked a bowl off the counter and I had to clean up broken pottery all over the kitchen. At this point I would love to just go back to bed and lock myself in my room for the day; but then I watched the BAF Video and that put a smile on my face.

57 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

68 Days until Clay Tapes The Ice Skating Special!

88 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

114 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

117 Days until Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

ETA: Can someone tell me why the text color won't work? I click on the "A" and nothing happens?

FYI...hmmm I saw a letter somewhere that you can make your actual donation now or when the show airs. But just remember to either mail your check to TBAF with FCA-MAD in the memo line for the beta alpha chapter. Here is the information.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation

ATTN: Smarter Pledge

8601 Six Forks Road

Suite 400

Raleigh, NC 27615

REMEMBER: Include your Beta Alpha Chapter with your donation in order for your chapter to get the proper credit. Chapters will only receive credit when the donation is received.

Please note that donations of under $25 will need to be made by check or money order. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Or if you pay by credit card, remember to send receipt or proof of payment to TBAF with our chapter name so the chapter will receive credit. Thanks

Hmmm don't know what happened to me after I got home from my drink with Muski. I just crashed. I guess I needed to recoup from my whirlwind day. We had a good time..the funniest part was reluctantly admitting that during the whole "Fifth Grader" day... those ridiulous mommy instincts tried to peak in once or twice. Ok I'll just admit it for myself since I don't want to bust any Muski bubbles. :cryingwlaughter:

I was so busy looking at all the wonderful Clack that I burned my dinner. Only discovered it when the smoke alarm went off. Not the first time.

Who needs food, anyway, when ya got Clack.

heee I've done this several times. I don't reamember saying welcome saltwaterdog.

Welcome TLS which I assume means To Love Somebody? That was my favorite song from AI2.

Welcome also to Meesa!!

ALso to Clayharmony. And I think I said the same thing to Muski after a couple of brews last night - man I'm enjoying this journiey and am thrilled that we chose him.

Bwah YSRN..just now reading the Clyra. heh. Ok if when I get to the end of this thread, if someone hasn't magically posted the Kevin Studdard hair I'll try to find it.

Ah Man ..that TBAF video...schmoop!!

yes thread title...

Bwah..yep Clay Aiken, wonderful human being or whatever that other Foxworthy line AND he's naughy by nature..must combine the two. heh

ETA: Can someone tell me why the text color won't work? I click on the "A" and nothing happens?

It does work..but it's weird. After you click on text color..scroll up to the banner area....the text color code box is hiding up there somewhere.