#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I never stated that Kim was 100% responsible for this situation. I gave credit to her, her management team, label, and Billboard. I will take the heat for posting my thoughts, but I honestly don't believe that I even implied that she was solely to blame. Is it possible that Billboard published false statements attributed to Kim Locke...I personally, highly doubt that action took place.

I don't care if you think she has to bear responsibility as long as you don't beat into my head how EVIL she is.

And now for something really controversial: I LIKE GRAPES. I HATE RAW CARROTS.

COntroversial to me. Nothing like a nice night when the dog and I sit down and share raw carrots together, ehrn I am lazy, it is a bag of peeled baby carrots. We also eat raw cabbage, yum. Unlike my previous dog, this one has a sweet tooth and likes all fruits as well, but not green pepper. Yet, she like lettuce. Go figure, dogs are weird.

All brussel sprout lovers may be banned once I rewrite the forum guidelines.

Bye sniff, I am going to miss this place

I just saw this headline in my Yahoo science news and thought, 'Oh Lord, I hope the Kim haters don't see this or they'll think it's about the not-a-tour'. Then I laughed out loud all by myself, a little crazy like....

pity me, k?

Bizarre Parasitic Star Found Feeding Off Stellar Companions

BWAH - Oh you should post it somewhere else, it will become a big symbolic hit.

Fondest childhood memory is at my grandmother's in East Texas, picking blackberries along the railroad tracks, and bringing back the berries for my grandmother to make a fresh cobbler for supper.

Oh my goodness!

First thing I thought about when someone mentioned blackberries! Except we walked the tracks for Nannie to make pie! Yum!

And - sorry for the liver haters, I had liver and onions for lunch and it was Yum-O!

Nothing to add to the Clay discussion. I'm just waiting for him to turn the page - cuz can't wait to see what comes next!

Yay Cotton, my sister and I used to walk about a mile from our house (at the ages of 7 and 4) and pick blackberies from the train tracks - when trains were scheduled a little more often. - Anyone think that todayt our parents would have been arrested for endangerment for what was normal behavior then?

On to controversy - read at the risk of being offended.

Waves to lurkers - If the lurkers think I am talking about them, they have very inflated egos. I am not naming names, just talking in generality or specifically not mentioning identifying details. The odds are I never heard of them. So, if they have a guilty conscience, they should go say they are sorry to someone and they will feel better. I am a member of many Clay boards and lurk on many others, even if you recognize yourself, I am still probably not talking about you.

Looks like my timing sucks because you guys seem to have moved on to "Weird food choices I have made" but I'm still stuck back There so I'll just pretend I didn't notice the time has passed and say all this:

OMG Don't venture beyond these four walls. It's not pretty out there!

I so wish I had read this before I got home yesterday.

Forgive me FCA for I have sinned. I found this board not too long ago, loved it, and posted a few times. Then these past couple of weeks I drifted away. Same old, same old - not enough time, stick with the old familiar, blah blah blah.

My mistake. One I will not make again because:

I am serious because sometimes I think here in Clay land we lose sight of the real world.

Ya think? :lol: I could not agree more. Everything Clay says or does is magnified far beyond its importance in the real world. But sometimes this can be fun.

Unfortunately, it is also true that everything Clay says and does is sometimes speculated into an unrecognizable spiral that is twisted beyond all recognition. And sometimes anything that anyone else says or writes about Clay is magnified far beyond its importance. And often it is twisted too. For me, the reaction to this in Clay Nation is rarely fun. And sometimes it’s downright scary.

Which brings me to the last couple of days. I’m well aware that most of you here do not know me. But I think the few who do know from another place would agree that I have a pretty well developed sense of humor. (Or at least I hope they would agree. If not I really need to rethink this posting thing. :P ) So, when this whole brouhaha started a couple of days ago, I pretty much was prepared to sit back and enjoy. My reaction throughout was that I mostly saw it as one more little blurb from the internet that I would not give much weight until, and if, it was confirmed by offisshal sources. My personal reaction to the tour concept was that it would not have been my first choice. Course I also know me and knew I’d soon be gladly knocking other fans out of my way to grab some front row seats. (Figuratively, people, figuratively.)

But I knew what would happen in the fandom. Very predictable. One would think that people would have learned after all this time that, just because you read in on the Internet, doesn’t make it true. Apparently not. And don’t get me wrong - I have no problem with people who weren’t enamored with the tour concept and didn’t plan to attend. That’s fine. It’s to be expected. It’s normal. I also expected the teeth gnashing and breast beating. I do admit being surprised at the degree to which this occurred. All the “his career is over” stuff, some of it even coming from people who I never expected to hear this from, surprised me a little. This fandom really would make for an interesting sociological study. Seriously. "Crowd psychology" used to be seen only in actual physical crowds. Not so now - it has morphed and changed and is often found on the internet. You can look it up. Fascinating to see the “mob mentality” take over and see how people who initially “ho-hummed” at the "news" and were unworried, got caught up and changed their opinion.

But as I said, I expected it. Found it entertaining and not much more than that. But then. I came home from work yesterday and read and saw the reaction to Clay’s initial blog.

It wasn’t entertaining to me anymore. It wasn’t funny to me. The venom directed at Clay on the message board and in his blog astounded me. A little of it by people I call friends, others by people I had respected. So personal, so entitled, so demanding, so demeaning to Clay, so believing that Clay “owes” them, so proud of themselves for saying so. I must be clear though and say that it was certainly not everyone who did that. Some were thoughtful in their reasoning.

Remember that whole “unconditional” thing? It was interpreted many ways but, for me, it meant that that I loved and respected Clay unconditionally. It didn’t mean I always agreed with him. But you know what? I love my closest family and friends “unconditionally.” I share my opinions and I tell them if I disagree with something they say or do. But I don’t insult my close family and friends, I don’t think they owe me anything except a lotta love, I don’t think I get to control what they say and do, and I don’t ditch them when we disagree about something.

So to sum up this “post that would not die,” when I read my regular board and the responses to Clay on his first blog, I felt very sad. Very.

I posted the latter part of that last sentence on my usual board. Then I left for awhile because I choose not to hang out with people who make me sad. I heard later that my post, which was just that one sentence, was edited out. I find that sad too.

I’m glad I’m here now. I always thought this fandom was supposed to be fun! Silly me.

And, believe it or not, and I’m sure you’d prefer not to believe it, I have lots more to say. Woe is you! But I’m sick of being a dog walker. Not how I pictured myself.

Edited by xxx4clay

xxx4clay I am so glad you are here and I was very happy to see your post, even though I knew it would be edited...I got edited today too...big surprise...for daring to say that maybe a little common sense is in order when these situations arise...apparently that was being judgemental.

(if you ever have another lapse of judgement and go back, check your PM's.)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

xxx :F_05BL17blowkiss: I am glad you are here, glad you are speaking your mind, hope you do it a lot.....love ya!! I must say I totally agree with what you said, you just did it better than I ever could...

and food talk?? most of the stuff mentioned..just ewww..

salt on fruit? nope...

what about cooked cabbage in soup....yummy

i do like liver and onions...

never had grits or chitlins...doesnt sound like something I would want..

do like tuna casserole and tuna salad sandwiches..yum

pb and j? just noooooo

See, now I'm gonna have to watch the Food Network for some surprise ending commercial. Dang you, Scarlett!

Gimme a hint: Is there decapitation involved?

And Couchie's right - we (I) do need to hear if I (we) could have expressed myself better - because I know I am very fond of a bitter kind of humor...

No there isn't -- I was expecting a "stand up for your rights sort of thing" like the daughter showing her mom how to be assertive. That's why I was surprised. It would have been more interesting with a decapitation.

*heads home to render WPB Classics and LAA to make up for everyone who had to watch a very boring commercial; or nothng since they probably replaced it with the high school cafeteria commercial. Here's the forbetterlife.org's website instead. Besides, that storm is starting to look v. threatening. {{{all who live here}}} *

ETA: Ooh, we're into food now? I have this dimsum place where I get goose chitterlings, chicken feet, beef tripe, pig's ears, shark fin dumplings, real seaweed (not nori which is pressed algae), etc. How about an ehP party?

Edited by Scarlett

xxx :F_05BL17blowkiss: I am glad you are here, glad you are speaking your mind, hope you do it a lot.....love ya!! I must say I totally agree with what you said, you just did it better than I ever could...

and food talk?? most of the stuff mentioned..just ewww..

salt on fruit? nope...

what about cooked cabbage in soup....yummy

i do like liver and onions...

never had grits or chitlins...doesnt sound like something I would want..

do like tuna casserole and tuna salad sandwiches..yum

pb and j? just noooooo

Word - Salt on fruit - just how high is your blood pressure? Well, everything except Tuna cassarole - pretty strong allergy there for me - others can eat as much as they want, but I don't even want to smell it. Oh, and I did have someone offer me a chitllin once, I did not like the smell or watching them chew it.

ETA Top of the world, MA!

Edited by playbiller

A friend thought that we needed to sample Clay's Carolina pulled pork barbecue crap- whatever the hell it was- and I tried it- just for Clay. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Scarlett, look at this quote. Memorize it.

Everyone else at the pig pickin' at eBird's remember it fondly. And we finished off the carcass, if I remember right.

Waves to lurkers - If the lurkers think I am talking about them, they have very inflated egos. I am not naming names, just talking in generality or specifically not mentioning identifying details. The odds are I never heard of them. So, if they have a guilty conscience, they should go say they are sorry to someone and they will feel better. I am a member of many Clay boards and lurk on many others, even if you recognize yourself, I am still probably not talking about you.

Play, maybe if someone is upset at what you or anybody is writing, then they can understand how what was said about Clay and his friends might feel to him. Maybe? Just? If they apologize to him maybe I'll reconsider thinking this fandom has serious issues. But I don't expect to see this or anyone recognize that the collosal breakdown of graciousness is a more serious matter than what happens in one little corner of the world. My two cents.

Just a general reminder that this is an open board with no back rooms and cubby holes.

I just had a sudden "insight." I put it in quotes because I'm not sure whether it's an insight or just a wacky thought.

(Please pardon the use of the collective "WE", I know not everyone partakes, but it scans so much better!)

It was about the rampant (hee) hubris that seems to permeate the collective fandom. There is immense pride about the amount we spend on Clay shi stuff, the number of concerts we go to, the amount of clack we collect, the polls we spam and on and on. Some of this may be justified, but there is an underlying neediness to be top, first, best that is disturbing at times. There seems to be a very real inability to let go and not control everything - including other people's feelings, thoughts and musical tastes. (Clayversion, anyone?)

Perhaps it is hubris that gives the fandom the sense of entitlement. The right to chastise Clay for putting on weight, for selecting which audience member to talk to, to decide on his own career path.

I'm not sure where to go with these thoughts. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I'm sure jmh can do a much more articulate job of it.

But hubris in mere mortals is always punished in very amusing ways like having your liver pecked out every day.

And Hi! to XXX. You probably don't know me, but I've laughed myself silly at many of your posts and I love West Virginia, promise!

{{{{{XXX}}}}} (ooh, that looks dirty -- like a print version of the Brady bunch fingers)

(and thanks very much for the Fort Myers posts on other boards, XXX4Clay! MUAH!)

*OMG, I was at the top and didn't know it???! Eeeep! Should have taken a bowl of NC barbeque and covered us all in the mess. *

Edited by Scarlett

Oh, Miss Scarlett? :lilredani: Will you be rendering any Beautiful Humongous DVDs of this lovely summer DCAT? :lilredani:

I only ask, of course, for others. My two friends who couldn't make it to their very first Clay concert in LA....poor dears. THey SO wanted to experience Clay...

LIVE.....

Now I find myself actually hesitant to read elsewhere because I'm getting sick and I don't wanna feel worse...so I'm just gonna grab some files that will let me get SOME work done at home tomorrow if I end up too sick to go to the office and then go home and have some tea with honey.

I love this place. :wub:

What the hell is tomato gravy?? Is it like tomato sauce? Marinara?

My DLLH was a nice little Italian boy and it's otherwise known as tomato sauce like the kind you make for spaghetti and whatnot!

Besides, that storm is starting to look v. threatening. {{{all who live here}}} *

ETA: Ooh, we're into food now? I have this dimsum place where I get goose chitterlings, chicken feet, beef tripe, pig's ears, shark fin dumplings, real seaweed (not nori which is pressed algae), etc. How about an ehP party?

Now that just makes me want to puke! Really puke!

Good wishes to all of you ehP ladies. Take cover and stay dry.

I've never met a vegetable that wasn't my friend, fruit the same. But some of that shit that goes by the name of meat is just wrong. Mainly liver and any other organ that should remain with the body even in death.

I love the Food Network. Maybe that's why I have trouble getting weight off!

Play, maybe if someone is upset at what you or anybody is writing, then they can understand how what was said about Clay and his friends might feel to him. Maybe? Just? If they apologize to him maybe I'll reconsider thinking this fandom has serious issues. But I don't expect to see this or anyone recognize that the collosal breakdown of graciousness is a more serious matter than what happens in one little corner of the world. My two cents.

Just a general reminder that this is an open board with no back rooms and cubby holes.

Exactly!! :RedGuy: Or if you're upset about something you think was said about your friends, same dealie.

xxx4clay, thank you for your rant. I ranted earlier and then felt guilty, and you reminded me why I needed to do it. Thing is, I ranted and got a few hugs, and I feel better now. I don't hate the entire Clay fandom anymore--I have perspective. Ranting has its purpose, and talking things through afterwards is even better. You are very welcome here. I've always enjoyed your posts elsewhere--love your clack too. I think you'll fit in very well here. And I think West Virginia is just the most fantastic and wonderful place with intelligent people and gorgeous scenery. (Am I overdoing it a little?)

:XmasRed:

xxx4clay I am so glad you are here and I was very happy to see your post, even though I knew it would be edited...I got edited today too...big surprise...for daring to say that maybe a little common sense is in order when these situations arise...apparently that was being judgemental.

(if you ever have another lapse of judgement and go back, check your PM's.)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

I did a little wearin' of the green yesterday. ..but that's okay I'm Irish. :D

XXX, nice post. I usually just back out of the boards and shake my head a little, it's just the internet. I learned a lot from my 17 year old son taking my by the shoulders once and telling me "It's the internet Mom, if you're going to play there you better always remember, it ain't the real world!"

Grits with lots of butter and salt, Yummm........ I've picked many blackberries for Mamaw's cobbler, when out with my sisters. It was then I learned that if you stick them in the pockets of those really pretty yellow shorts Mom made so the three of you would look cute at the family picnic, she's going to be madder than hell. I like liver and corn bread, not necessarily together. But the cornbread has to be made in a cast iron skillet that has a whole stick of butter melted in it before the batter is poured in. And Pot Likkor.....don't get me started on how good that is... ;)

I just had a sudden "insight." I put it in quotes because I'm not sure whether it's an insight or just a wacky thought.

(Please pardon the use of the collective "WE", I know not everyone partakes, but it scans so much better!)

It was about the rampant (hee) hubris that seems to permeate the collective fandom. There is immense pride about the amount we spend on Clay shi stuff, the number of concerts we go to, the amount of clack we collect, the polls we spam and on and on. Some of this may be justified, but there is an underlying neediness to be top, first, best that is disturbing at times. There seems to be a very real inability to let go and not control everything - including other people's feelings, thoughts and musical tastes. (Clayversion, anyone?)

Perhaps it is hubris that gives the fandom the sense of entitlement. The right to chastise Clay for putting on weight, for selecting which audience member to talk to, to decide on his own career path.

I'm not sure where to go with these thoughts. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I'm sure jmh can do a much more articulate job of it.

But hubris in mere mortals is always punished in very amusing ways like having your liver pecked out every day.

I think this is very interesting. I'm brain dead at the moment, but I think you're on to something. Yin/yang--everything is its opposite and all that--maybe the hubris is born from whatever the opposite of that is, and that's why there's such an air of desperation about things sometimtes.

Edited by jmh123

Mainly liver and any other organ that should remain with the body even in death.

One of my mother's favourite dishes was brains on toast and my dad's was pigs trotters!!!! I think that must have come from WW2 because nothing was wasted back then.

I really have to try NC BBQ next time I'm in Raleigh. I'm willing to try anything once and only once. It's funny I love almost all ethnic food but simple things like Mac & Cheese and Krispy Kremes I just hate. (Hee I find other things to make me fat*g*)

Well I ventured out to see what's going on in other places and I wish I hadn't it is just making my head and heart ache! Clay has to be a really stong man to put up with some of the crap people spew and these are his fans who supposedly only want the best for him. There is an underlying animosity to people that I just don't get! I would hate to know these folks in the real world.

The reason I spoilered the last post was not to hide it, anyone could have read it, I just wanted to make some people work for it, heh, and I warned peoplethey might not be happy to see my opinion. I am not ashamed of my opinons and I openly admit when I have been wrong. My opinons are consistant yet they may appear different depending on what board I am posting under - I follow the rules ofthe boards and the mods I post under or I don't post. Not every board allows you to respect the person but disagree with their opinion. I think a lot of people misunderstand what respect means - I don't have to accept your belief as a possiblity just because you posted it, I should not attack a poster personally, but I can disagree with a posted opinon. One ofthe things I find missing on almost efgery board is respect for Clay as a person - if it is indeed a fan board (TWOP is not a fan board), then Clay should be afforded at least as much respect as any poster, as well as his friends and family. I respect him enough to allow him to make his own business decisions, doesnlt mean I have to like them, but it is not my life - I realized today, that I probably have more of a life than some other people in the fandom, odd, heh?

There are many boards with sooper sekrit threads or boards that do not allow for lurkers, some admit most people, others ask for references (these are the big time scarey boards), others are limited to old friends or local people or other special commonalities which is understandable. I swear, I feel some were set up just to keep me out, but that is just a flash of paranoia.

Cauliflower - just say NO!

Question could/should I bring over a post on a general/Clay board from an up-set Kim fan? I thought it was interesting, albeit predictable. I think most people can guess what it says. It is just the mirror I was talking about.

corny3.gif

Edited by playbiller

Did I ever tell you about my condition </momento>

Well because of it I put extra salt on nothing and I'm really used to it. The two exceptions are: watermelon and oatmeal - cuz without salt it's just nasty.

OMG, who taught you people to eat????